(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

Sugar,

wow, yours like an easy and smooth labour! Amazing [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hope mine like yours.

hello..any mummies awake? Cant get to slp now cos body aching all over, thanks to my MIL!

She really v insensitive.. Hasnt she been pregnant b4? knowing that i'm almost due she keeps asking me n hubby to go out and follow her here n there. When i reject she will still find excuses to meet us then end up spending whole day outside w her..

She seems very scared hubby will neglect her once bb is born so keep intruding our weekend couple time by meeting us every single weekend for the past 1 mth! Somemore now hubby having reservist i just wanna spend time alone with him!

Sugar,

Wow. Ur birth story is one that is dreamt by many mummies. Congrats! It's an inspiration! Enjoy your time with your new arrival!

Sweetkiss,

I'm up! U should talk to ur hubby nicely abt it. I think now is a good time to spend quality alone time with hubby before baby is out. Ya, I think ur mil is feeling insecure. But she should be excited n look forward to the arrival of ur baby what. I suppose ur hubby is the only son?

morn mommies

totally monday blues for me... had an argument w my own dad this morning... feels like moving out so that a better relation can be maintained.

hee ... i am waiting for my turn too... gynea given me the admittion form... in case ... hahaha... but i got to do squatting execise to help bb to position into pelvic ... easier labour for me...

yalo xbeanniex, i also try to do squatting. but like 5times can hear my bones are cracking! haa...

i had my admission form ready in my bag le! 2more day to visit gynae

xbeanniex,

I tried the squating exercise too. After awhile i give up..lol..so hard to squat nowadays! After squating, i cant get up!

cheese & Sun_tan: hahaha... i still can do that but best is do it near wall or anywhere got support ... in case got stuck half way cant stand up hahaha... indeed very hard to do the squatting... but I still do it so can see bb fast n i dont hurt that badly... hahaha...

but then even when i do near wall or got support areas, i still make sure my hubby is around or brother is around... at least they got strength to pull me stand up again... hahaha

JP: my temper wasnt good too... little bit only i can open war with that person ... even my parents... over weekend i oso abit garang at home... but triggered by my brainless sister cum cousin... but i cant be bothered as final decision is still my parents... hack care her dismay...

JP,

Dun worry, i am like that too :p

Btw mommies,

Are you gg to make a wishlist for your bb full mth? Me thinking of making one so that guests wont be (hopefully) giving gifts that we wont need (like clothes etc).

jelly: relax relax...i also talk back at my mum when i don't think it's correct..but at MIL place..i normally keep quiet n let hubby do the talking...don't wanna have conflict here...

cheese, sun_tan n beannie: woa seh..still can do squating...mi squat liao can't get up le...really can feel the boy inside so engage dwn until like a ball right inbetween my thigh liao..nw seat also gotta open the leg big big incase squash him..

suntan: i am thinking abt my wishlist too... i dun want to receive too much of repeated items ... hahaha... especially bulky ones... =x

Suntan: i need bb clothings ah... 6mth to 12mths ones... i dun have even 1 single pcs...

newborn clothing my mum got 3mths to 6mths sizes... can last abit longer... newborn size i get only 1 week clothing (7 sets only)

Hi mummies who have delivered at TMC , can I ask for the jaundice tests, was the blood test results almost instant ? Or was it go home first while the clinic call later ?

JP: i dont want kiasu as still staying with ILs, slping room is already a bedroom, living room, mini kitchen, storeroom.

Got Queen Size Bed, 2m clothing cupboard, 1 computer table, 1 flat screen 26" TV on the wall, 1 Mini Fridge, wedding items - cups/bowls/bathtub/etc. all stuff into 1 common room... -.-lll walking also got problem... me n HB got to take turns to walk to same location or crawl over bed ...

jts - circumcision on lit boys

for mommies who wants to circumcise your lit boys - or if you are still thinking abt it...

i checked with my PD. if you had decided to do so do it when ur bb is still in the hospital. arrange with the PD at the hospital after he is born and they will get a surgeon to but a ring over his penis such that the forskin will be pulled back. if you are thinking of cicumcising your lit boy, pls think abt doing so before they turn 3mths as after that it will become painful for them

xbeanniex

ic... then buy when the time comes [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sun_tan

good thinking about gift registry. i only want cash cos when i see my children's savings account grows, i am v happy. i kept telling myself they are a step closer to their university education w/o hvg me to work my butt off for them in future!

xbeanniex,

cos we got a lot of hand-me-downs from NB all the way to toddlers sizes, so wont need clothes. I realise ppl like to give those gift packs which comes with hat, mittens, romper that are quite small in size. I have a fren who just did her boy's full mth a couple of weeks back and she passed me 2 of such gift packs cos her boy alr outgrown the size, so cant wear. Maybe you can state in your wishlist that you need clothes for certain sizes. Me also now staying with inlaws in my hubby's old bedroom (but moving to our new place after i give birth) and now all our bb things are scattered all over their living room :p need to shift them over to our new place but since i am not allowed to go there for the time being, only have to depend on hubby to move the things over..but i doubt he will pack the things, most prob just put in bb's room and wait for me to pack when i am doing my confinement.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

JP,

So you mean before discharge, PD would put a ring over his penis and after that we can do it anytime within 3 mths? Hubby and i have decided to do circumsion for our boy, but not sure when is a "good time" to do it. As for the gift registry, cos there are still a few bulky items we have yet to buy, eg stroller and car seat, so was thinking of getting sponsors :p most prob would include the items that we wanted and at the bottom, put "cash gift are also welcome" lol!

Jp,

Chill...don't let the mood affect u ya... Me too, always at loggerhead with my mum and then will feel very bad/guilty after retorted her...

*yawn* very sleepy Monday... Didn't sleep well again due to all the pains...

Gifts for first month

Told my friends I would like red packets [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] No point getting cloths etc coz I have tonnes of them and #2 can use #1's [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I need $$$ hahh

Xbeanniex,

Wow, you have a very compact room! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hahaha... suntan: I told my HB that ready... will write out a list of clothing sizes we lack of... as those baby car seats, strollers, walkers, even steriliser my relatives all buy n send to my place liao... so i worry got repeat items...

Phy: took lots of hard time to compact all into the room wor... want to take anything out my HB got to ask me else he make a mess of it he will get it from me...

suntan: i got mine from Toys R Us Brand name is Capella... my one can use till 18 mths... remove from car will be actually a baby rocker... 2 in 1 ... so can spare me a space to keep baby rocker...

sun_tan

yes, if u wanna circumcise ur bb, do it when he is already in the hospital.u may chk w ur gynae. perhaps they can let you talk to a pd in the hospital to find out more. i was told by my PD that not every PD can do the surgery, so i think it will be some extra cost to do it but better for my boy in future i guess cos he dun hv 2 worry abt cleaning the extra skin... keke

if you want to buy a car seat meant for infants, i will recommend you go for britax. v well padded but it is a bit short. if you have a copy of mother and baby for july, u will see that it is editor's pick. My SIL had 2 britax seats and both seats served her 2 kids for years.

if you want to buy a stroller like quinny, u can opt for maxi cosi range.

Xbeanniex,

Haa maybe u wan to put in a "not wanted gift list" n state down those which u alr have to prevent duplication.

suntan: ya ya something like that ... will list down dont need those items...

my baby car seat looks like this one ...

http://www.tokomama.com/capella-infant-car-seat-s1100-p-1908.html

Would be "getting" capella for stroller, would take a look at the Britax car seat. Thanks!

JP,

Previously we did ask our gynae abt the circumsion, but he didnt mention abt the ring..he only mentioned abt when to do it...but i cant remember what is the period he is a good time to do the surgery..need to ask hubby again..my memory is getting super bad nowadays.

sun_tan

the current method for circumcision is putting teh ring over to pull the skin back i think. yup, chk w a pd if possible... cos that is what i read online too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

suntan: u mentioned abt memory... i think i suffer that too... i remembered seeing my "baby on board" decal... but then ... dont know why now become lost item... cant find... -.-lll cant even recall back when i last left n touch it... all these happens within 30 mins...

Phy, JP,

Went to google abt Britax car seat, like what JP mentioned, it is very well padded, but it looks hot..is it? JP you also said that its a bit short? so ie bb will outgrow it pretty fast?

xbeanniex,

Hahah i am also like that. Just the other day i bought some L size zip lock bags..and now i cant find them! Imagine that they are so big, how can i miss them right? Was looking for them yesterday but cant find..btw, i ordered the "bb on board" decal from a spree where you can customize the wording and i put my boy's name in it.

suntan: i am in ebay looking for decal too... as i cant remember where the decal which i bought for $13 ! gone too .... Sesame Streets one some more... haiz...

where is the spree ah? I wan see see

sun_tan

my #1 sweats easily and most cars eats that are well padded will be warm but nv too warm.

i own this:

http://www.britaxusa.com/car-seats/diplomat

well padded but when bb is above 12mths, u nid to adjust the seat forward instead of hvg it to lean back. the carseat is suitable for 0-4yo.

my SIL owns this:

http://www.britaxusa.com/car-seats/boulevard-70

much better but will be tall and bulky and more expensive. same for 0-4yo

my #1 sits in this now:

http://www.gracobaby.com/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=1754686

gd investment for me cos she has space to grow w the seat - suitable for 2-8yo

nt sure if i m actually leaking amniotic acid, but yesterday panty liners actually got wet with yellowish discharge...n felt liquid rush out like tt..

both liners gotten wet but today seems ok leh...haiz..duno wat to do nw..

Sun Tan,

Ya it looks hot but hor, in the car there's always air con so not hot lah [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] It is very comfy. My son always fall asleep on it. He has been on it since 4 months old (b4 that I used infant seat)till 29 months old. Actually he can continue to use it but I decided to pass the seat to let my nephew use it while I use infant seat for #2 for a few months.

The model I bought is Royale...

xbeanniex,

The spree is under the bulk sale site, but seems like that site having some problems now, cant seems to load all the threads. Its from mummycents.

Phy, JP,

Hee, ok will go source for the model that we like and put it in our wishlist :p

lasery,

better check it out with your gynae. if it's really water bag burst, you only have 24 hours (i think) before infection sets in, which is very dangerous

amniotic fluid looks like urine but without smell

Hi mummies who have pop.. Wanna ask something..

Aft we give birth does menses come really alot Ma?? Or is up to individual de??? Mine seems not alot.. N I keep having pain when I wanna poop.. Is so painful!!! I scare will it be like blood clot in the stomach Ma??

Another thing, do we really always have to lie down Ma??? Cos they said lie down gd for our back..

Wash hand or face also need to use boil water n not water straight from the tap Ma???

suntan,

that time i got it, its $300plus close to $400.

there are many versions though. think mothercare sell the UK versions and Robinson sell the US versions. Safe and Sound brand is also under Britax but cheaper version.

so depends on what u want lah...

jasline,

after birth, lochia(menses) comes how much depends on yr gynae. if after delivery of bb, they help u push out the clots and blood, u get lesser lochia.

as for pain when wanna poop, maybe u got stitches there lah.. pls wash clean.. i normally pour water after pee, then spray the disinfectant spray.

well, we suppose to rest when bb rest. so lie down is supposingly good lah..esp those who had epidural...

as for wash hand and face, i never use boiled water lah, i just wash from tap.

Back