(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

Jes: I was fast asleep when both my kids fell
sad.gif
so only heard them. But babies are very instinctive and smart, they know how to protect themselves to a certain degree.

HBB,
haha..yah.. i tink he gt scared wen i screamed like wad Kim said.. =P couldnt control..haha.. okay.. im guilty enuf... i'll sayang him more n more i promise!hmmm, for another wk maybe?..heee... jus don lemme have another taste of this.. i'll die frm hrt attack..

Wow! You all are so organised! Got registration and catered food!! :)

OK, count me in next time. :)

Jes,
I also just remembered that one of my friends put her bb (first child) in the rocker/bouncer (but fixed it such that the seat cannot rock) on her dining table when he was 2 mths old. She was eating and then, when she went to the sink to wash her hands after eating, suddenly the baby fell! He was not strapped in, but she thought, he's only 2 mths, cannot turn, etc, etc.. Anyway, he had a huge swelling/bump, she rushed him to hospital and luckily he was OK. A dining table is higher than a bed, so hopefully your bb will be ok. :)
That bb is now almsot 8 years old and one of the cleverest in his class! ;-P

HBB,
I think it did, but the liquid is really hard to swallow..

RE: BB
Jillian, ya, my MIL always say they (BB) are like "pest" you cant kill them that easily. Although we know this is comforting words, we also know they do have certain degree of resilience, we are just being parents I guess..

hbb
thanks. all those brands easily avail from pharmacy right?

I find 4 fenugreek capsules a day + oats works better for me than the MLMMP.

jes
I definitely know how you feel cos I'm even a worse mummy... I dropped her off the bed all becos I fell asleep. dun worry... Jav will be fine. Just monitor him for the next few days. I have a colleague who dismantle her bed n sleep on mattress on the floor after her son fell off the bed.

mummies
with babies now beginning to flip around, pls remember to watch out for them at all time. they can flip around so fast until you are caught by surprise.

guess what?? Amanda has been grabbing her toes and attempt to suck them. I freaked out!!! LOL... cos old wives tales said means mummy going to get preg soon. No way can I have another bb in the next couple of years. Each time i see her doing it, quickly pull her legs down... haha

Kim: Wow, K is teething already?? so fast hor...Gab just turn 4mths today.

RE: Hair loss
my hair loss seems to be getting worse..very scary. morning wakeup pillows and bedsheet hv hairs, tie hair - also drop hair, comb also drop, wash also drop...when will it stop??? whole house hair everywhere...hiazzz

Yan: I also thinking of going beijing 101 oredi..

RE: Philips Avent Steamer/Blender
Joanne: tks for telling me where to get the philips avent steamer/blender..but someone also mention abt OG and KP..

BTW, this steamer/blender - is the portion for baby serving?

Devilene: so you hv finally decided to be a SAHM?

RE: Bb flipping
Gabriel has stopped flipping...now his new interest is in his toes...he's been grabbing hold of it with one hand or both hands...

jes
dun worriew! my fren was trying to put her bb into the sarong when he suddenly flip in the end and she drop him and he landed face down but wif the support of his hand thank god! nth happen thou she was shocked and for a sec didnt know what she should do.
old people always say, mus kok dao then will grow up :)
then when i accidentally knock darius head against the table sometimes (not very hard kind) i will always tell him oh, mummy sorriew. but kok dao then will grow up right? darius grow up alreadi. hahahhas.

bbthan
dun worriew abt that. darius have been doing it since he turn 3months and definitely im not going to be pregannt since no partner. haha!

re: baby flipping
my fren's baby who know how to flip is practically rolling. flip from back to tummy, tummy to back, back to tummy all over again in spilt seconds. making u wonder should u laugh or cry.

re: hair loss
im practically dropping hair everi single 10secs and is irritating me bcos it kept dropping onto my hand!

jes

don't worry, babies are well made. That's what my PD said. Many have experienced bb falling off the bed and all no prob. So don't be too hard on yourself.

Kim
I also ordered the liquid one. I find ok leh. :p Thought it tasted like Yomeishu/Dom. Been taking 2ml 3x a day. U try drinking it with ribena or something sweet? Like that maybe not so bad.

My milk ss still not going up very well leh. 5hrs can only pump out 125ml.
sad.gif
Been taking domperidone, goats rue and MMP. Think i'm those chronic low milk ss type.
sad.gif

Wow, it's been a while since I dropped by in here - so many threads and all.

Re teething: You guys already have babies that are teething at 4 months?!? Super fast leh!

Re hair loss: IMHO, it's the water for me coz my hubs is also losing hair more than usual and when we go to somewhere else, he doesn't lose much and the same goes for me. :/

Jes: I know it must be a super worrying but take it in good spirits ya? Don't be too hard on yourself and well, as long as baby is ok and you did your best, no one has the right to think that you're a bad mum.
happy.gif

Bumbo seat: Any comments? Coz Eva is doing quite well with holding her head up - still slightly wobbly - and when I prop her up against pillows and all, she looks very keen on sitting and enjoys it. Doesn't seem to like lying down too much these days so I was thinking of investing in a seat. Heard a lot about Bumbo but I am not too sure coz I'd like something that I can strap to our dining chairs as well. Any views or good brands to share?

Jes, peanut,
I also fell down with baby in my ergo carrier. She was safe in the carrier and was still sound. But scared the hell out of me. Hugged her tight tight for the rest of the day cos so scared she was hurt. Jes, hope Javier only received a shock and that's all.

Mashy,
125ml after latching H? If so, that's pretty good already.

Bbethan,
Haha. Amanda hinting to you she wants to be jie jie?

lamagier

no lah. 125ml is 5hrs from last latch. sad right...

pinky
u can get domperidone at local pharmacies. Motilium is expensive, so just get the generic drug. Yesterday my hb got it for just $3.67 per pack of 30! Motilium cost $16 per pack of 30. can start with 10mg 3x a day. I'm having 20mg 3x a day.

We got our More Milk Plus & Goat's Rue from Lucky Vitamin spree.

Koko, ya, K is teething, the left on already out, the right is about to cut thru too. I thot last night will be a tough night, but it was alright. K woke up crying only before I went to bed, then he only w/up at 3 for feed, and at 6am, he was all cheerful and talkative. put him on our bed and he just yak non-stop, gave him FM and he only took 4oz, finally at 7, daddy decided no way this kid is going back to zzz cos he was just yaking away happily *fainted*

Took him to wet market to buy vegetables, the florist love him so much.

Mashy, hmmm, I take Dom, and I think the sensation is somewhat the same but the taste is "18000miles" away.. I think I will take your advice to take ribena with it..

RE: Domperidone
This is the kind of med that KKH cos gave my gf for improving her ss, and the dispensary gave Ormiprazol instead. They must have thought my gf is taking it for gastritis. SO do check the med when you get yours.

Jes, OMG! Hope Jav is fine. Was told that if no vomitting after the fall = it's ok. and if the height is less then their own body height it should be ok too. My biggest worry is Naomi will get hurt by my boy because he doesn't understand the limit yet. He treats her like a doll. squeeze, pull, drag, trying to carry her and give her wet kisses every minute.

HBB, Naomi likes to scratch her face also and I notice she does that when she's about to sleep. Also pulling the hair. Now almost botak already. Haiz. Now she sleeps with small teddy on her hands, so her finger busy holding it and scratch it.

Kim, usually when bb is teething, they can't sleep very well and can't drink milk well too. so I really hope Naomi has late teething. I still remember sleepless nights and many cries from my boy's teething time. It was long and really stressful period. Btw, how do you massage K's gum? using the finger toothbrush?

re: teething
i have a veri gd time while he teeth, no syptomos nothing. so my friend say im veri lucky. but my aunty tell me that our family babies all grow teeth at veri earli stage and that i have to look out when he grow his molar when he is about 8-9months old!
i ask my friend who have 2 kids told me that molar usually grow at 1-2yrs lor. wondering who is kidding me.

ETirto
how do we differentiate if the late night crying is due to teething n not becos of other reasons? i'm all confused by Amanda. For a period, she was sleeping fine. But these 2 nights, she seems to have difficulties falling asleep. Keep staring at me while I pat her trying to nod off but just couldn't fall asleep. then she gets frustrated n cried.

pprincess
my boy has no prob when he teethed. so i'm not sure whether Amanda will be the same. He also had his molar after 18mths. I thought usually molars will erupt after 1yo.

Mashy,
Hopefully you'll find a correct combination that can help boost supply further. Oats like what Bbethan said?

Kim,
K has such a lovely sweet smile, no wonder the florist loves him.

Sigh. Got angry with the husband last night, no baby to help calm me down, didn't sleep well and now feeling cold and feverish. Vicious cycle. Need to go pick up my girl from babysitter's tonight to sooth myself, else blood boil until dry up and "chao dar" liao.

bbethan, I think the teething cries is more like whining cries, uncomfortable cries...u know what I meant. is not like hungry or pain cries. But we moms tend to blame it on teething for almost baby symptom: feverish = teething, refuse to drink = teething, drooling = teething, fussy at nights = teething, loose stool = teething...haiz

etirto
i so agree! hahha!
my boy starting to drool out of no reason yesterday, after his teeth have erupted and he's not teething yet. so tell me the reason!

bbethan ya can buy fr pharmacy or ntuc =)

etirto
haiz i giv her soft cloth to hold n cuddle she also will scratch
liek u say eso before sleep! liek cant get to sleep thou tired so keep scratching!
and jus now i realise she can even scratch her back! arghhhhh

she gave me a scare jus now
was napping when i went to check on her.. 1 of her leg turn purple! icy cold.. shook her so hard... then realise she sleepon her side n so the leg underneath turn blue... she too fat or wat?!?!?!?

haiz when edna was cryign thru the nite last 2 mth ppl say teething also
but i dun even feel anythg hard... lucky!!! then wat causes her cries?nobody knows...zzzz

hey mashy, my supply is worst, sicne i started work. Everything went downhill, i only manage 80ml for 5hrs since last pump. I am not taking any supplements, just waiting for the day that supply drop so low that i will give up pumping altogether

BBEthan,
so far he don slp w us.. oni w me in the mornings n noon if daddy's nt arnd.. if nt he'll slp on mattress or cot at nite.. sigh.. ytd it all happened cos we were changing him.. such a short while n he jus fell..scary.. yah.. i did tot of it too.. but no point cos hes nt slping w us at nite..
haha.. Amanda wans another one i tink!..=P

pprincess,
haha..yah.. i heard tat b4 frm old ppl.. but still seeing him fall off the bed was a scary sight!.. haha..but thank god, all's well!

Mashy,Mei,Lamagier,Etirto..

thanks girls for the encouragement!..=)

HBB,
haha.. edna's nt fat lar!!!... shes jus too cute.. =D maybe lie too long tats y turn purple...

Thanks ladies for yr concern on Jav's incident.. im so afraid tat ive placed him in cot since we came back ytd.. don even dare place him on mattress cos wen he was lying dere ytd nite, he actually flipped again n roll onto flr.. he doesnt seem to learn his lesson.. haha.. so i jus put him in the cot jus to prevent anything again.. guess he had enuf scare for one day.. hahaa

Jes> Need to comfort & pamper Jav more! *hugs*

I think mattress on the floor is the safest for our babies who have learnt how to flip.

Came in to drop to a note to mummies looking for Leapfrog Violet. Mothercare at Plaza Singapura has one in stock at 59.90 BUT they are having a 15% sale off all toys so that makes it about $50. I didn't get it coz on a budget but thought someone might like the heads-up.
happy.gif

i wn scream manz... after 2 days on goat riue ss drop instead! arghh....sleep n eat as per normal leh!arghhhhhh n oh yes i took 2 capsule jus nw instead of 1.... tsk tsk

For those of you whose babies are using pacifiers, I just came across this interesting product by OSIM called uCleen Pacifier
UV Protection. Here's what they say...interesting
happy.gif
If only they had this when my #1 was using pacifier cos I was like forever trying to clean it!!!

The OSIM uCleen Pacifier is tested and proven to kill 99.9% of germs on pacifers, teethers and bottle teats using germicidal ultraviolet light technology. This same proven sterilisation technology is used in many clinics and hospitals.
■Holds up to 4 standard pacifiers, teethers or bottle teats
■Operates on 2 'AA' batteries

Here's the link:
http://www.osim.com/SG/product/ucleen_pacifier.aspx?category_id=EDECA3BC-F9A0-4071-927C-E1BCBE23FA33

mummies!

long time no follow thread, finally just finished reading! =.=

just back from genting trip with my family, mostly stayed in the room, got fever on the 2nd night... duhz... bb was ok thru out the journey except gng up & coming down the slope, think her ears kenna blocked, so whine whine whine... =p

back on sat night & bb went for her 2nd 5 in 1 + pneumoccocal ytd... hehehe... cried abit... same as the 1st time, stop crying after i carried her...

jumperoo
i am tempted to go rent it too!

wat a boring day @ work... yawns... i wanna go home!

evie... 5 mths le! she turnin 5 mth on sunday1 i need endure 6 more weeks! then at least dun hav to worry bout not enuff milk since can start solid then!

Etirto, I wish K teeth later too, and worse is even Timmy (Muffingirl's) who show sign of teething hasn't see the tooth cut out yet. I wonder if K has high growth hormone.. U use your thumbs, press on the middle of the chin and rub it outwards, making it like a smile. Same for the upper gum, except u place your thumbs on top of the upper lip.

Lamagier, actually K does not smile readily like before, these days he actually study people or their facial expression (even mine) before he let out his smile or laughter.. But ya, he was pretty friendly to the florist, even friendlier than when my mom and sisters coax him.

I don't really think there are much changes to K's behavior during his teething, as usual, he fights sleep in the day, no rosy cheeks, may be a bit warmer in the head. He's still has good appetite, I gave him slightly more than a quarter banana at 10+am, and rice cereal at 5pm. and he still took another 3oz of fm. Only thing is he wants me to hold him more than usual.. so my left arm and shoulder is strained..
Oh! one more change, he "talks" alot more.

RE: Jumperoo
Winnie, the Jumperoo is fun, K likes it. This one is fr my gf, she t-loan to K.
did someone say her bb is already on #3? wow, must be someone tall or heavy, K is on #1.

So much to catch up on after a couple of days of being away.
happy.gif

Jes: glad jav is doing fine. I've got a couple of scares with my bb coz I left him too near the edge if the bed even tho he still can't flip over.

BB went for 4th month jab. Is running mild temp even tho I gave him paracetamol first thing we came back. And I think the GP may not haf given the jab properly. Coz my boy has like big mozzie bite like swells on both his thighs. Poor boy. :p any idea how I can make it go away?

Kim: my boy has saliva rash too. Just need to clean it religiously n apply some moisturizer. GP here recommended sorbolene cream. His rash is recovering.

Jumperoo: I'm getting one! I went to amazon uk and there were raving reviews abt it. 645 reviews n almost all rated 5 stars! Amazing. Can't wait for it to come!

re: Taime warehouse sales
there's another warehouse sales on the 3rd-5th december at chai chee lane

re: baby cot recall
i just saw it in the news. it's certain brand. SG do not sell it. phew. sigh of relief

re: baby cot recall
Thank goodness Singapore doesnt sell it. *phew*

re:Jumperoo
dunno whether I should rent 1 but I have signed up package for the Hwa Xia swimming thingy which my boy enjoys so much. Going to try out Northpoint outlet. Current size tub is not big enough for my boy. =__="

HBB> 6 weeks more is fast! My boy just turned 4months only & I cant wait to start weaning for him! I even bought Avent latest Steamer cum Blender machine. Talk about kiasu-nism! =p

Evie,
The Northpoint outlet havent open yet... I've make 2 wasted trip there, last went on Sun...
The Northpoint outlet slightly bigger than PS branch with 4 normal tubs and 1 bigger tub...
I've also bought the philips blender/steamer few weeks back and had tried it with my MIL... v convenient and user-friendly...

Evie & Joanne,
The northpoint outlet is open today. Brought my son to try it out. He is the 2nd customer of the day, but he doesn't seem to like it. Anyway the place still not fully furnished, chairs are not in yet. There is a big tub to put few babies in too.

bbethan
at least mix w the cereal no need so much haaaa

evie
i got pressure cooker, sieve, thermal holder for porridge and all the bento boxes ready fr edna! hahahaaa im as kiasu!!!

kim
the deluxe one edna is on #3 .. but i tink there is a difference in the height for deluxe and rainforest.

gina
yes supposed to tiptoe one as i was told.

re milk ss:
jus now i was pumping dh commented: har so little?
i feel so sad manz! i told himw at happen and he say i shld stop takign the supplement cos all the supplement n feenugreek n etc giv mi adverse reaction! he say my body cannot take artificial/processed thg as usual! arghh

Back