(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

HBB, i got the one without bells. There are other designs too. Mummies may want to try out there
happy.gif

Now, I'll be looking out for reindeer suit.
BbEthan, the one at raffles city has reindeer suit?

BbEthan, ya, Nepia S is quite small, M is quite big. M is wasteful if change frequently in the day. Is PetPet cheaper and better?

peanut i tink my sis bought too big for her! cos she got it when edna was onli 3 mth IN MY TUMMMY! wait i ask her whr she got it then i tell u hehe

PPrincess & HBB, ya, although his teeth is growing in the front, but he seem to like to sooth the itch at the back..

RE: Swaddling
Jillian & BBEthan, I already got the video of swaddling, now trying to upload on FB. Actually it's no diff fr the way u gals do it I think.

Kim, woah, K is fast and quick in growing up.
I always tell myself to treasure the infant moments (maybe bcos I only want to have one) even when he fuss, cry and made me so tire. These babies will soon grow up big and tall in the blink of an eye.

Peanut, ya, I kept telling him not to rush growing up, but din seem to help.. my mom think he's gonna start talking soon *scary*

Gina,
Im using bobby brown products.

Kim,
Why do you need to swaddle K? And how do we tell if bb is teething? I noticed a white ulcer-like spot on Julian's lower gum. Is that teething?

Cookero,
If your bb is on fm, then u can start giving him water to prevent constipation as fm is considered 'heaty". I started feeding bb water since he was 3 months.

Mummies, I just wana post my thoughts here...I miss my gal. She is with my mum coz #1 is sick. My boy was down w high fever for the past 1 week & last fri brought to doc again coz his veins were popping out fr his body & he has a bloated tummy. My pd run through a series of tests for him. Even tested for luekemia.... luckily its negative. Now, waiting for other test results. I hope it be negative as well. His neck and liver glands r swollen & he nds to avoid fr physical activities.
sad.gif

Sheryl,
You and the husband must be tired out and missing your girl terribly. Hope the docs will be able to find the root cause soon. He must be tired from all the tests docs did on him. Poor boy

Thxs HBB & lamaiger, I am also crossing my fingers tt the swelling will reduce soon. Hope the blood tests results will be ok.

It pain us to see him in this shape. So,gave him his Xmas present earli...will get another for him later. Hubby & I wana bring him overseas for a trip too.

peanut,
I was at the raffles city pushcart. no reindeer suit. Only santa & santarina from Carters. Some red+green rompers with xmas messages.

Kim: The teething monster has hit our house too! I thought Max was coming down with the flu cos he was so grumpy and irritable the last few days. But when I checked his gums today, there are 2 whitish spots on the bottom. He keeps trying to gnaw at my fingers! The worst part is, its keeping him up at night, for the last few nights he has been waking up 10-12 times.

jillian
i always see white spot on ednas gum
it nvr go away since 1 mth plus but weirdly nothg hard... arghhh
suspense.... but i wish she dn teeth 1st lol

Yah! Once they have teeth have to start brushing...etc . Honestly, I can't remember if Ally ever had such a hard time while she was teething. Wish he was older than I can give him one of those teething biscuits that we used to give Ally. She would gnaw at them till her face and bib were a total mess but they worked!

Btw,my gal is also teething.mum spotted one whittish thingy on her gum.is it norm tt she is nt drinking her usual vol since she is teething?

Devilene, K has been well known for fighting sleep in the day, he can only sleep as short as 10mins at times. It was 3 Friday ago that I decided to try swaddling him for his nap and he slept very well, more than 1 hr. Since then I swaddle him every nap time. His nap time is not always more than 1 hr, but at least a good 30-45mins.

RE: Teething
The gum where the bottom incisors are will start to turned to lighter color bcos of the teeth under the gum, like described by Jillian. Some behavioral changes incl drooling more, putting thing inside the mouth and chewing on them, slight feverish, rosy cheek (K didn't have this), K's head is hotter than usual but no fever when temp is taken. Hmm... what else? Reduction in milk intake? K's not interested in 5oz, canonly take 3.5oz max, then he'll start chewing on the teat. Other than these, I am not sure some of K's behavioral change such as separation anxiety is related or just so happen at the same time.

Jillian, thank God K is sleeping well in the night even though he was not "tanked up" in the day.. U started rice cereal yet? I wonder if that fills him and compensate the reduce in milk intake..

God be with out kids who are teething, ease their discomfort, sooth their pain!

Haha, I hid minrui behing a bolster and comforter this morning to scare her daddy (no baby in cot!!!) but she gave my game away by sticking her leg out from teh pile of beddings. Daddy's girl.....

Kim: I haven't started rice cereal yet, not keen to until he's 6 months old. He doesn't take the bottle very well cos 99% I latch him on and his head isn't 100% steady yet so I'm just going to hold off on the cereal for now.

Max's cheeks were bright red this morning, very unusual for him. But last night was much better thank goodness.

Peanut
I went there last Fri. Hmm..it's an overall suit w/ red, white, green stripes combi & some reindeer design (xmas spirit
happy.gif
). So it's not really a costume. But cute enuf if Regis wear w/ the reindeer headband u bought hehe.. Anyway, no obligation.. u cud just go down & hv a look first.. faster better cos' I dunno if they'll still hv the size.. as at yesterday, they still hv for 5mo..

Just run thru ystd posts, Sheryl, is your boy result out? how are both u and him doing? hugs and prayers for you and your family.. Mayb u can try video call to your mom to see you girl. hugs!

Lamagier, I have to try your trick today.

RE: Rash on bb's face
K has been rubbing his saliva all over his face since the salivation increased. The area around his eyes and mouth has so much rash developed. PD said just clean his face with clean water in the day, I tried as much as I can but still not good enough. Calendula cream also doesnt seem to work.
Anyone has experience in clearing bb's rash on face?

sheryl - hope ur bb is fine, and can pour your worries here. the mummies here r v supportive

mummies - i'm back from my 3 day biz trip. brought back 28 packets of milk
happy.gif
it was difficult and clutzy to pump in plane and in toilets, but i did it. and i'll do it again. supply as per normal. whoopee. the bad thing was the stupid sterilizing tablets had a strong chlorine smell, and i had to rinse and rinse, and water being a scarce commodity, i found it bloody troublesome. wanted to bring my travel steriliser but it couldnt fit into my darn suitcase. so ended up always waiting for stupid small hotel kettle to boil, rinse 1 batch, wait for more water to boil, rinse again. whole life watching the kettle boil.

Kim,
My girl had bad rash in her first month and I used some Korean brand baby cream my sister gave me. Rash cleared in 2 days. Tried the calendula cream also no used (my niece has sensitive skin and cream was prescibed by her PD). I check the brand when I'm home and let you know.

Anyone wants my calendula cream? FOC. Only used twice. I can bring and pass to whoever wants during the gathering.

Bestberries.
Wah! 3 days 28packets?!?!?! Hats off to you. Must record down so your girls will know how much effort you put in to bring milk for them whe they get older. Pei fu. I was thinking of going scuba next year and just dump the milk rather than brave all the hassles of storing and bringing milk back.... (*I go hide in my corner in shame*)

So quiet today... Where's everyone?

bestberries
wow...u r a good cow... keke... 28 packs in 3 days. Glad u made it. Now u r a experienced travelling mum
happy.gif

Lamagier
u can use it as a diaper cream. v good too. if u really dun want, can i get it from you then?

Kim
the other time Amanda also had rash around her mouth. Calendula doesn't work. I clean with water daily n applied aloe vera. cleared after a few days.

Bbethan,
Sure. I usually don't apply anything to my girl's bum =p Only apply desitin when her butt is red.
Pass the calendula cream to you on the 12th =)

hi mummies,

i'm back to FTWM life..
had been SAHM for hte pass 2 weeks for in-laws went away no holidays for 10 days..

catching up the posts.. phew how many pages ah...

Re: christmas costumes
I saw it at 1 pushcart stall at b2 of Jurong point.. have santa and santarina suit for our babies.. not sure if reindeer is avaliable. but as said anything white, green and red is festive looking enough
happy.gif

Bestberries!

28 pkts.. u are fantastic!!

keke i only have 4 pkts per 24hr.. cos i only pump 6 hrly.. keke ..

how often u pump?

BBEthan & Lamagier, thanks for info. Lamagier, let me know the brand and where to get, even if it's in Korea.
Gina, I think I will try the salt water tip for the time being.

Bestberries! Good job!

Kim, for my boy's case, he dont rub his face with saliva. But whenever he gets excited, angry or sleepy, he tend to scratch & rub or even PULL his face, eyes & ears. His ears are cracking & bleeding. Face & nose scratch till bleed. I tried dr lily aloe vera. Dont work on him. Worst it become more swollen. PD said is eczema. He prescribe steriod & after applying a day, it cleared almost immediately. BUT his itchy hands just couldnt stop. Now his face is so swollen & red again. How i wish there is something called baby rope in the market to tie his hands up!!!
HBB, how's edna?

re : flipping
My boy finally manage his 1st flip today! but he still hate to be tummy down. Started crying & struggled when he was on his tummy as usual. :S

sheryl > sad to read that your #1 is ill. Hope the drs find out what is wrong with him soon and that he recovers fast!
happy.gif

Back to work last week for me. Sigh....tiring, daily shuttle for me to send tim and maid to my parents' place and then head to work. I go back to my parents' place to feed him at lunch time and I also pump twice.....I hate work....I rush here and there until I feel like a mad woman....and I miss tim so much.

envy the SAHMs
sad.gif

Re:philips steamer and blender
Mummies who got the above items,wanna ask if we jus use the blender to blend(e.g spinach,potato,carrot etc)after which use the steamer to steam it and bb can eat already?
Then if so,we no need to use any slow cooker?
Not too sure about how the steamer work?Does it sort of like use the steamer to cook food beside slow cooker?

Re:Fisherprice walker,leapfrog walker and Tomy 2 in 1 walker and rider.
Any mummies has feedback reg the above stuff?Wanna get one,but not too sure which to get.

Knowing that this kind of rider is the infant jus need to push(like stroller) from the back and not those traditional kind,which infant need to sit in and walk,as I understand that such "traditional kind" is not too gd for bb leg development

kim
gareth had quite bad rash arnd his face n oso the neck area too due to the saliva n oso the sweat during hot days.. i got this cream frm the pd n it works wonder.. 2 days max its all gone.. but coz its medication cream so i think not gd to keep applying but if really bad can ask ur pd for it.. the name is Fucidin H cream..

BbEthan,
Do you hv to be a KP member to get the 20% discount for the philips steamer/blender? Does it come in a big box, wondering if it's gonna be too big to fit into the luggage...

Re:philips steamer and blender
Mummies who got the above items,wanna ask if we jus use the blender to blend(e.g spinach,potato,carrot etc)after which use the steamer to steam it and bb can eat already?
Then if so,we no need to use any slow cooker?
Not too sure about how the steamer work?Does it sort of like use the steamer to cook food beside slow cooker?

Re:Fisherprice walker,leapfrog walker and Tomy 2 in 1 walker and rider.
Any mummies has feedback reg the above stuff?Wanna get one,but not too sure which to get.

Knowing that this kind of rider is the infant jus need to push(like stroller) from the back and not those traditional kind,which infant need to sit in and walk,as I understand that such "traditional kind" is not too gd for bb leg development

Back