(2009/05) May 2009 MTBs

dodo,
my LO sleep very late about 11pm-8.30am.
& 3 naps a day: 10am-11ish ,2pm-6pm & 8pm-9.30pm. it is sleeping too much ??

Hi mums, any other places for infant haircut other than Hwa Xia? Any in the west areas?

Need to send CP2 for haircut soon.

baby may: hailey takes 2 naps a day, almost same timing as dodo's boy. she slps frm 830-930pm to abt 8-830am. she'll wake abt twice a nite, 1st time usually not hungry, 2nd time she;ll nd a feed. =)

frost: the late 8-930 pm nap might bt the culprit causing ur babe to slp later at 11pm. if it bothers u, then u might want to let him/her slp thru from 8pm onwards.. =) u can read up on babycenter ont he number of hrs they shld be slping at nite.

porky: i still apply mustela/calendula cream for hailey at every diaper change.

dodo: hailey n YA's nap time is almost same same timing! hahhaa! she tried dropping her morn nap before, but she cannot tahan, slp at 1pm wake abt 3pm and at nite, abit fussy, wanna slp early and her slp at nite not gd, many nite wakings. so now back to 2 naps, n she wakes abt twice a nite. =)

ak, dodo, jamie, tks for ur feedback ! i will still try to apply drapolene/desitin when chg diaper..but sometimes when he nap or slp then i will skip this step..cos dont wanna tk too long and disturb his slp

Hi mummies, thanks for your reply on sleep and nap.

Feb mum, MY has stopped waking up at night for milk long ago (unless he is sick and his appetite at night is not good, then he will wake up in the middle of the night for milk), but we need to wake up to find his pacifier for him if he drops it.

Porky, I still apply diaper cream for MY, cause few months back when the blue desitin finished and left the purple desitin, my MIL stops applying diaper cream as the purple desitin is very strong. Then, he got diaper rash (cause he pooed and my MIL only noticed that he pooed after some time) and we have to bring him to the PD that evening cause very red. The PD says no side effect for applying diaper cream and ask us to continue to apply. So after the MY recovers, we bought the drapolene which is milder for my MIL to use during weekday daytime. I think you better continue to let your boy apply diaper cream, especially since he is in infant care, unless the caregiver can change his diaper as soon as he poos. Think I will apply until he is toilet trained.

HI mummies, appreciate your advice pls. My gal has been having really bad rash. I delayed for close to 2 weeks (thinking it will go away) and it became worst and she ended up with fungal infection.
sad.gif

With the medicine, shes slowly recovering now. I think because shes becoming so active plus she doesnt make noise when she pooed (her poo sometimes not too smelly so must really smell hard), thats causing her the rash.

Wonder if any mummies use powder instead nappy rash cream? If yes, what powder do you use? I use desitin and drapolene alternatively but she still ended up with rash. So thinking of changing to using powder insted.

Also can mummies let me know what diaper brand ur bbs using? Mine uses Huggies Comfort (red colour packaging) for day and Huggies Ultra for night. I use huggies because she has big thighs and huggies are high cut design. Anyone can recommend another brand with high cut design?

bbmay, tks for ur advise. in fact is my IFC caregivers wanted to continue apply drapolene for my boy so they ask me to buy. if at home, i will make sure i wash him immediately when he pooed so he wont get redness on his diaper area. yes i agreed that IFC might overlook sometimes so i will let them apply drapolene on him till toilet train. btw i find that drapolene is very good and creamy. unless very red then i will use desitin blue one. purple one is good when use during bb hv diarrhoe..

ilove, did the doct gv u pp wash ? my boy got this fungal infection last time..doc gv pp wash and a type of cream..aft wash n apply tt cream for 3 days he recover fully..i use kodomo powder on his bottom also

Ilovesashimi: I use mustela when its bedtime as it acts as a barrier cream (barrier btw pee n her skin). Normally I will use drapolene/ calendula, whichever I see n grab. But I see redness, I will use calendula. Powder I jus use j&j. I tink avent has a non-talc powder that u can check out.

Thanks porky and jamie. Do u apply powder on top of the barrier cream? Will go check out avent.

Porky: Pd prescribe medicated cream and anti fungal powder.

ilove, yes i apply cream first then powder..hope ur gal recovers soon. Btw u wan try pampers comfort ? Orange packing..it is very high cut and cooling at the thighs there..my boy use tt for night time

Hi ladies,
long time never post here, but i read daily still.
Have been quite a tough period for me previously, due to frequent contractions earlier on. I am still on the two med, ventoline and adalac. Just seen my gynae today in my 34 weeks and 2 days. My bb gal is about 2.5kg now and I will probably deliver her in 5 Jul when I reach full term at 37 weeks. Looking forward to seeing her in 3 weeks time, counting down now...

Hope everyone here is doing well. Take care all!

good morning mummies
happy.gif

re: bb haircut
sk, i brought yuan2 to a neighbourhood saloon at jurong west st 41 -- those auntie saloon... $6 for front n back trim... yuan2 was standing on the chair while the hairdresser quickly cut
happy.gif

re: bb food
porky, yah, can imagine how tough it is to cook for bb for 1 wk! weekend i oledi running out of ideas :p lunch is porridge/mee sua/macaroni.. for dinner, we make it simpler -- cook our dinner and cut the food into small pieces, mix with rice n soup...

re: bb sleep
yuan2 is sleeping later but sleep thru 10pm to 7am... hubby let her sleep in aircon room when i was away for biz trip... now she is used to sleeping in aircon room
sad.gif
will slowly revert to non-aircon...

hi mummies !

my boy has return back to IFC aft 1 whole week + 1 day..luckily he still can get used to there and does not gv us a hard time this morning when we drop him

adv, my boy only loves porridge ! i tried mee sua and macaroni but he refuse to finish it..and takes a long time to chew and swallow...so i end up cooking porridge for lunch and dinner for tt whole week...alternate between fish porridge and pork porridge..he loves it and finished 1 big bowl..hahaha. oh, btw i cook porridge in slow cooker so can last till dinner

can yuan2 get used to slp thru in aircon ? i haven try to gv jaeden slp thru in aircon yet..he will gets runny nose the next day..but now he is older so i think mayb can gv it a try..

juju, total 13 cases..now left 7 on recovery stage so ifc is open already

yes they did cleaning everyday and replace some new furnitures also..today went back like feeling so fresh and clean

porky,
at least down half liao.
i mean, did they do proper cleaning after so many hfmd cases? last yr whn thr was a huge number of hfmd cases, a lot of centres were ordered to close & do some sort of cleaning by mcys. more thorough than the usual kind of cleaning de

good morning mummies
happy.gif

very busy with work -- seldom log on to FB n forum
sad.gif

porky, wah, so many HFMD @ jaeden's ifc! so u had a good bonding week with him @ home?
happy.gif

yup, i also use slow cooker to cook porridge for yuan2... will keep one portion in thermal pot and bring out to feed her...

yes, yuan2 is ok sleeping in air-con thru the nite... when i came back from biz trip, i tried to turn off the air-con ard 12 midnite before i zzz... she will wake up in the middle of the nite -- wet with perspiration! hubby urged me to keep the air-con on so that we can sleep thru, too... last nite, weather was cool and yuan2 managed to sleep thru without air-con
happy.gif

re: milk intake
mummies, how many milk feeds do u give ur baby?
yuan2 is drinking 260ml for morning n nite feed + 200ml for noon. She will hv porridge for lunch + bread for teabreak + rice for dinner.

should i reduce her milk feed or continue to feed her if she wants?

hihi adv,
i was gg to ask a similar qn.

1) hw many times shld we give bb milk a day?
2) wat do ur bbs hv for breakfast? i'm running out of ideas on wat to cook

morning mummies !

adv, yes i had a great bonding time with jaeden last whole week ! was so fun bathing him..cos aft he attends ifc, i only get to bathe him on weekends...i will cook the porridge in pot then pour into slow cooker. enough to feed him for lunch and dinner...

re : milk intake
i still feed jaeden milk 4 times a day.
wake up feed once (240ml), morning nap 11am (240ml), evening nap 4pm (240ml), night 9pm(320ml)

juju, i feed jaeden cereal, bread and fruits for breakfast

porky,
thx! so 4 times milk a day is still ok la.
hmm... i'm thinking whether got any other options for breakfast. so far she has cereal & mee sua for breakfast. wat do u give wif bread?

juju, i dunno why jaeden dont like meesua...so now i dont cook this for him le..he only loves porridge and cereal..oh, i will put kraft single with bread and he loves it

porky,
i play cheat. she dun eat mee sua at hm. so i pass to ifc to feed her. no problem!
lol! but when she hv breakfast at home, so far i only give cereal. hmm... maybe i try bread wif cheese then.
jodie like laughing cow. her reaction to kraft cheese is so-so only.

porky,
yes. but i gv her the plain flavour only. dunno whether shld give her the other flavours or not, may be too salty?

bean,
claire dun nid milk for morning tea?

Hmm I feel bad for my gal now. I recently dropped 1 milk feed and now looking all mommies, I think she's probably not drinking enough milk. She's has 3 milk feed, 730- 180ml, 4pm - 220ml and 815pm - 220ml. She's drinking enfa grow and it says 4 scoop for 225ml, weird hor? Usually it's 1scoop = 30or 60ml.

ilovesashimi,
my gal dun realli drink a lot also.
if she goes ifc full day, she gets 2x140ml ebm, the rest is via latching so dunno hw much she drinks.
if she goes half day, she only gets 1x140ml ebm. again, the rest via latching also no idea hw much she drinks.

juju: She doean't have a morning tea.. The milk is her breakfast. After her morning milk, her next meal will be her lunch.

Sashimi: Your girl is drinking about the same as mine leh.. I thought by now, their main nutrients shouldnt come from milk but should come from their solids already?

My PD advised that we should slowly adjust the toddler's meals to 3 main meals a day (just like adults) with one afternoon milk and one milk before they go to sleep.

bean,
oh... enuff milk for claire?

jodie's typical day:
latch when wake up
breakfast @ ifc (mee sua/cereal)
morning tea 140ml ebm
lunch (porridge/watever ifc serves)
afternoon tea 140ml ebm
early dinner (either ifc food/home prepped food)
latch ard 7-8pm, then before she slp

issit too much?

My mothercare VIP card is expiring end of jun so wanna give it to any mum who wants it. Dun need to return me.

Text or pm me if u want k.

Hi SK,

now mothercare got sale n add 10% for card member leh.

bean,

my pd also ask me reduced Rachel milk n giv her 3 meal n 2 snack everyday. I try but now i dunno wanna giv her eat wat liao.

for Rachel,

6.30 wake up milk 270ml
10 bfast biscuit/bread w cheese
12.30 lunch rice/mee sua/macaroni
2 milk for nap 150ml
4 milk 120ml n snack
7 dinner rice/macaroni
8 milk for sleep 280ml

like that she can sleep thru ....

morning mummies !

bean, u mean when claire is in lalaland 11pm u will still wake her up for milk ? cos when my boy slp, he refuse to take his milk..he must hv last feed before he agrees to slp

juju, got different flavour ? i nv buy this brand before..so far only get kraft single the common one

SK, can i hv the card ? wanna buy the 3pc tops from mothercare..that time went to PS outlet dont hv much sz left

any mummies wanna meet up on 21st (next monday) ? IFC close for dunno what event...jaime do u knw ?

btw i realise IFC now feed my boy a lot of junk food like bread, biscuits...so his milk feed reduce to 2 times from 8.30am to 5pm..but when he does not go to IFC, i gv him 4 milk feed a day..

porky,
ya! laughing cow got diff flavours, blue cheese, ham & dunno wat else...
hmm... i dun let ifc anyhow feed jodie. most of her food given by me. cos i dun realli 100% like their menu

juju, oh..so many types ah..then i dunno how to choose liao..

few months ago, i told IFC before then they will follow my menu...but after a while they will suka suka gv her whatever bread or biscuits...very fed up loh sometimes..so i intend to switch him to other centre end of the year when he is gg to PG

porky,
guess gotta keep reminding them. if u dun wan them to give snacks, gotta keep reinforcing.
if u wanna switch centre, have you checked on the vacancy? seems like a lot of waiting lists going on nowadays

think for cheese, i wld give only plain for the time being. 1st pack i bot mixture of flavours, in case she dun like, i can eat. now dat cfrm she ok wif the plain flavour, i will buy single flavour pack for her liao.

Ju, I gave Hailey the ham flavor before. Like if it's for breakfast then the cheese w toast or plain bread, if lunch or dinner, can use it as melted cheese to make risotto or macaroni n cheese. Like that won't be too salty. Hth!

Re: milk feeds
has anyone started to feed frm cup already?

Porky: I also tot wanna get the card from sk. If we meet on Monday, I see can collect from her nx few days n bring okay. We share la. Lol!

Porky, Jamie can share the card with u la since both of u getting something there.

I hv been taking care of CP2 every nite till daytime v v sleepy. Now gg to fall sick too. CP1 is too active n hyper can't imagine if I'm too aged to look after such hyperactive toddler.

No mood to shop n my mum sure grumbles me if go out leaving both darlings at her plc! My confinement goes on n on thou only 28days.

Back