(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

samval..glad to noe dat u are feeling better cos i had the headache too after puking...partly cos i went out to see my gynae thus cause by the weather...sumtime one might feel giddy or get headache w/o food....=)

suika,
Yah lor, only consultation and scan and the usual urine and weight test. Any other test, medication, etc are all extras.

piyobaby,
Yes, bf is mostly a case of want or don't want, NOT can or cannot. Of course, there are some cases, very rarely though, where the mother cannot breastfeed due to a medical condition. If baby goes into NICU (choy, choy, choy!) and can't breastfeed, then it's up to the mother to pump religiously to establish her supply without baby.

Yay, I zhi chi you to breastfeed!!

I've been taking fish oil whether or not I'm pregnant because I'm vain like that, heehee. I find that it helps my dry, scaly legs. If you're afraid of aftertaste, you may want to get Nordic Naturals Prenatal DHA. It's totally tasteless (yes, I chew all my fish oil gel capsules because I like the taste of the capsule. Strange, I know) and has absolutely no aftertaste.
The one I'm taking now is Nordic Naturals Complete 3-6-9, has a nice lemon taste. This brand is only available at VitaKids, but I get my supply online because the prices at VitaKids are horribly inflated.

JS...from the 1st day of my visit till now...my gynae have not taken my weight totally....din ask him cos im weighing myself at home...hehe

i used to be a big fan of fish...almost any kind of fish and was so upset when i realised abt 6 weeks back..the smell & taste of fish now puts mi off....thus when i read abt u chewing the capsule...send shiver up my spine...it was only now dat im concern abt the aftertaste....to be on the safe side...bought from my gynae then wun have to bother reading the label to judge if it's safe for preggy....=)

Samval,
Dr Ho is at Mt Alvernia. He can afford to ask for such prices because he knows he good. He drives a Porche leh! So you can imagine how much he is earning.

Ni,
I'm only at 12 weeks now, so I don't qualify to go on the package. Will definitely do so though when the time comes. How about you?

Constipation is usually because of iron supplements, like what mercsboy has said. Perhaps you could ask your gynae to give you a non-constipation iron formula?

hey mercsboy: congrats on ur boy!

Same for the rest MTBs who have known their gender!

I do find myself protruding out more and automatically touching and feeling my belly.. haha! sort of natural reaction leh..

JS: ur package with Dr Ho is really qte ex ah..
Think mine is same as sperzz and suika, whereby standard folic and multivitamin are included in the package..

Currently having constipation... my mum kept warning me dun GEK too hard.. no good for baby... sigh... tink w get prune juice soon

have started wearing maternity pants liao... but still wearing normal tops...

in case u guys miss out our posts earlier on:
my email: [email protected]
Add ME!

JS I'm also pro-BF, so that's why starting thinking when mom made those comments n also said i was fed that way, now have no problems, etc.. so yah i think the best thing is not to have any fm and bottles ard. If pple give, will hide somewhere where she cannot find..kekeke... thank goodness my hb support me on this, if not sure peng san one.

I think my gyne charges same as Dr Ho, but his package starts from wk 20. Haven't asked for more details on wats included tho.

cjteng learn to eat some veg lah... gd for u anyway
happy.gif

blessedmum yah have been having constipation since i started eating out all the time (no kitchen to cook).. must eat prunes to go PS. But I really hate the horrible stomachaches that prunes will give me.. i had only 5 pieces yesterday and still so painful n go toilet twice!!

piyo my pre-natal multivits contain fish oil, so been taking before preggie liao

suika why dun u google manuku honey + pregnancy to see if u can find any info on it? From what i know, i think it's ok.. but best for u to double check instead of relying on me.

de_luxe (de_luxe) I also wish to.. but no choice. from young until now. will try to eat abit.

Sad i vomit my lunch all out. haiz..

piyo: we'll juz have to get used to him.....he oso no take my weight.....maybe like some others did....u can try to jump on his m/c n he no choice hv to take dwn ur weight
but i've yet to try that la

de_luxe: i've checked n ask n some says can n some says better not.....so dun noe can anot.....n my gynea he everything oso can so dun noe really true anot coz the salesgirl told me got anti-bat ingredient inside.....so now rather lost

JS: heard frm some mummies from other forums that DR HO is known as the painless man, stitching is gd... so i hope so. i damn scared of pain!!!!

i am in my 15 week i think, sat gonna give $$$ to dr ho for his porsche funding! LOL

suika....i usually take my own weight at home....today he din even print my scan to keep...i requested and he say i have sum pics from my Oscar...i said wanted today's too so he printed it out but no measurement lor....

cjteng....dats their baby fair which is like twice a year or so....shd be every mar & sep....i went to the previous one in mar but appear dat not all stuff are cheap...mayb selected brands or items on special prices onli....

Same as some of u here... I had hopes that the MS will disappear after 3 months... But still seems to be lurking around, although like not as often. But it seems like after 1st trimester, bosses' patience of enduring my constant disappearance from work due to MS seems to diminish. Sianz... Gotta suffer occasional bouts of vomiting and constant headaches and dizziness... Gas in stomach never seems to go away... Cant seem to sleep properly at night as well, mornings seem hard to endure, especially when i gotta pull myself up to work. Dunno how long more must endure before the 'honeymoon' period comes along man...

piyobaby (piyobaby) oh.. dun know selected brands item izzit good in quality or not.. will drop by and see see ba. as until have not buy any baby stuff yet.Thanx for the info

Samval, thanks for sharing your experience on bf! I also hope to bf baby for at least a year..the benefits outweights everything..hopefully we all can encourage each other and go through bf together..Like the rest, the feedback I got when I told people I will bf is not very encouraging,mainly because it is not easy and we will tire ourselves. Most of my frds give up bf within 3 mths..Even my hubby also told me, if too tired, then go for FM. But I am quite determine to bf.

Piyobaby, take care hor, tml I am going back to work le. How many weeks preggie le? Guess you'll be able to tell baby gender for your next visit. For my previous scans, baby's legs always cross. Yesterday, before I visit doc, I talk to baby, ask baby to be good and open legs..duno if he really understands, but he's leg are open! You can give it a try too..for fun..

I requested for fish oil from doc, but she say we only need to eat it from 5 months..

When do we start buying maternity bras? Actually what's the difference between normal bras and maternity bras? Can we buy normal bras but in bigger size? I haven bought any, though the current ones are getting tight liaoz.Anyone knows when our size will be more stable? Not cheap leh, dun wana anyhow waste money...

precious_bb: maternity bras are ugly lor...but soft actually...i actually regretted buying one...i tot just buy those cheaper bras but bigger in size or what lor...

precious bb: during my 1st 2 preg, i never buy maternity bras. i just wear 2 size bigger of those normal bras. only when i was BF then i got maternity bras.

fishoils: i bought DHA pills from GNC, not from fish oil... it's frm a non-fish source, so doesnt have the risk of mercury and no fishy taste... mtbs who dislike the fishy smell of fish oils may want to give it a try...
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Jan2009 MTBs!!!</font>

<table border=1><tr><td>#</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD></TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>BB Gender</TD><TD>Child #</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Gynae </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Gek</TD><TD>WAHM</TD><TD>31-Dec-08</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Kellie</TD><TD></TD><TD>1-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr KT Tan </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Miyuki1</TD><TD></TD><TD>2-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>bluen16</TD><TD></TD><TD>3-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>blessedmum</TD><TD></TD><TD>5-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>daymoon</TD><TD></TD><TD>6-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr Wong Mun Tat </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Chere</TD><TD></TD><TD>6-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Precious_bb</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>6-Jan-09</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Judy Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>mercsboy</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>7-Jan-09</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Sperzz</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>8-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>A-n-g-e</TD><TD></TD><TD>8-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>Dr Lee I Wuen </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>selenal</TD><TD></TD><TD>9-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Yvonne</TD><TD></TD><TD>9-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>ValC</TD><TD></TD><TD>9-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>cjteng</TD><TD></TD><TD>10-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>mimylassy</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>11-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>novakido</TD><TD></TD><TD>12-Jan-09</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>usa</TD><TD>Dr James Johnson </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>peppertutu</TD><TD></TD><TD>13-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr Gordan Tan </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>nicole</TD><TD></TD><TD>13-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Judy Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>xpink_xuanx</TD><TD></TD><TD>14-Jan-09</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>2</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr. Daniel KK Lee </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>Tanwawas</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>14-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>puppylove</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>14-Jan-09</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Beh </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>Jade</TD><TD></TD><TD>14-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>Dr Chris Chen </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>swan</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>14-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Michele Lee </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>Cherryale</TD><TD></TD><TD>15-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>Dr KK Chow </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>Stephanie</TD><TD></TD><TD>15-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>Met</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>17-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr KT Tan </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>redrain</TD><TD></TD><TD>18-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>yiwen</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>18-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>miffy_ang</TD><TD></TD><TD>18-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>MtA/MtE</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>Jesline</TD><TD></TD><TD>18-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>Law Hoi Yan</TD><TD></TD><TD>19-Jan-09</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Boy</font></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>Dr Tan Hang Yang </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>EmQ</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>19-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>Prof Thsm KF </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>Ni</TD><TD></TD><TD>20-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr. Ho Hon Kwok </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>De_luxe</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>20-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>Rachel</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>20-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Jeanette Chen </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>Meiqi</TD><TD></TD><TD>20-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>Dr Alex Ooi </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>Ashley</TD><TD></TD><TD>21-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>suika</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>23-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD></TR><TR><TD>40</TD><TD>Lim Kim Kee</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>25-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>41</TD><TD>snow</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>26-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Yap Min Li </TD></TR><TR><TD>42</TD><TD>Pinkie Pirate</TD><TD></TD><TD>26-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>Dr Chan Kong Hon </TD></TR><TR><TD>43</TD><TD>Gezzam</TD><TD></TD><TD>26-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD>Dr Heng TL </TD></TR><TR><TD>44</TD><TD>Hope</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>26-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>45</TD><TD>2boys_mum</TD><TD></TD><TD>26-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>Dr Lee Keen Whye </TD></TR><TR><TD>46</TD><TD>piyobaby</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>26-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD></TR><TR><TD>47</TD><TD>JS</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>28-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr. Ho Hon Kwok </TD></TR><TR><TD>48</TD><TD>jasmommy</TD><TD></TD><TD>29-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr. Denas Chandras </TD></TR><TR><TD>49</TD><TD>Samval</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>30-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi </TD></TR><TR><TD>50</TD><TD>Stokke</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>30-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>MtE</TD><TD>Dr Kowa Nam Sing </TD></TR><TR><TD>51</TD><TD>janjan16</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>31-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr SM Chua </TD></TR><TR><TD>52</TD><TD>bbmarch07</TD><TD></TD><TD>31-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>53</TD><TD>Priviledged</TD><TD></TD><TD>31-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr HC Han </TD></TR><TR><TD>54</TD><TD>Chng's wife</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>31-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD></TR><TR><TD>55</TD><TD>Jo</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>5-Feb-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr YC Goh </TD></TR><TR><TD>56</TD><TD>conniemummy</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Woo Bit Hua </TD></TR><TR><TD>57</TD><TD>BabyKayden</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr Lim L.H. </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

congrats on MTBs on knowing your bb's gender!

newly joined MTBs, do give your full details so that I can add you in ya. =)

suika:how much u pay for ur breast pump?

dun think i want to buy the Medela PIS,so expensive.

ya,my package include multi-vit.but dun think it includes folic acid.

just curious... those who know ur bb gender, was it correctly predicted by the chinese conception/gender calendar that was posted here sometime ago?

de_luxe: ya i have the same thoughts as you haha.

yeah those who already know the gender, please share if it is accurate, looking at the gender prediction chart. thanks.

mine wasnt accurate in the gender calendar leh.
it says girl.
but actually i think not 100% confirm is boy oso through ultrascan.
so i din really bother. hehe

cjteng....will have to noe the prices b4 able to noe whether the sales is realli genuine or cheap...

preciousbb...thanks...mi 13 weeks now so still too early to identify gender ba...perhaps my next review 3 weeks later will b able to noe...by then abt 16 weeks le...for fish oil...my gynae will recommend from 2nd tri onwards....=)

sel (selenal) hey know what.. we are in the same brides shop. hehehe...
happy.gif
i also bridesconcept. hehe..

piyobaby (piyobaby) ya, will check and see how before i buy.. really have to save $$

paperclip,
that's the one i bought.. the assistant reccommend this to me, i told her that i need DHA for pregnancy.

cjteng,
u also a BC bride...
happy.gif
small world man.. was their customer last yr.. hehe..

hi Samval and JS, does your package include delivery? Mine is $1500 excluding vitamins but includes delivery for doctor minus hospital stay.. seems like very expensive hor?

sus: you can read my previous posts in the archives. i nearly went into dunno what depression (or i think it was)....

Ni,
Yup, Dr Ho is famous for his stitching and super fast, painless operations. I was up and walking the moment they took the drip off me after my c-section. I honestly didn't feel any pain at all, just the leftover blubber around the tummy.

sus,
Nope, the package doesn't include include delivery. That's another few thousand dollars!

Precious_bb,
Instead of getting maternity bras, why not get nursing bras straight away? You can wear them throughout your pregnancy and after baby has arrived. I never bought maternity bras either, I just went straight for the nursing bras.

Do take note that your boobs will inflate and deflate quite significantly when you are breastfeeding so it's best not to buy the bras too early. I still remember ballooning up to a 34C or D in my early days of nursing and later settled down into a comfortable size of 34B after my supply was established. I must also add that my pre-preg size was 32A or B so it quite horrifying to suddenly have such a weight on my chest!

babystarlet: I've bought mine during the sales for philip's staff @ 20% off so alot cheaper then outside price..i paid 70+ for mine...it's manual

morning ladies..

for those who love guava, i've a newly acquired recipe to share:
sliced guava thinly and add preserved orange peel (chen pi mei) and marinate for one/two days.. and voila! a very appetising snack...

warning: it's addictive!

cjteng,
mine was 5mths later than u... the same date..
happy.gif

mercsboy: u here....i thought u busy coz today no see ur post at all

sel: no upgrade to msn la...will still be here no worry

suika: my boss not in at the morning...so now me 100% very busy......surfing net...wahaha...but surf until dunno surf what

Back