(2008/08) Aug 2008

lingling
usually they will call out to u quite randomly..even if they dun see u...i think cuz they suddenly rem mummy!.haha..from my personal experience, it took kaer 2 months plus to settle and stop crying everyday when i put her in half day..she only recently switched to full day..after like 5 months..for the mornings for 2 months..she will cry and cry ..sometimes even before we reach school..she see sch she will cry..it WAS VERY TRAUMATIC for me!..for kaer..teacher said she cry only for a while and will stop...its just that we happen to see her when she is crying for us...so it makes it very very difficult..once they have something in sch to distract them...they will forget...what u can do it maybe bring in a security item for her..like her pillow or fav soft toy...but i didnt back then...i just didnt care ..since i only put her half day..now she is on full day..she needs her pillow to sleep..so she will cling on to pillow...but she is ok now..still sometimes will call for me...but no cry...
so...it was terrible for me..
i think u need to just tell urself u need to let her go sch to learn...and slowly it will get better...for u and her
happy.gif
..n u will also start to enjoy the few hours of ME time...just doing things for urself and it can be very therapeutic..! at least for me!

morning mommies.

celyn,
depends on the cc i think. My side, have to take out the milk container and the bottle. Sometimes my hubby forgot to take out and the teacher actually reminded him.

Last time when I send #1 in with school bus, the bus auntie just pass the kids and bags to the teacher, then they settle it. Ha, it was definitely faster than sending in myself.
They dun even wait for the temperature checks. If I send, I have to queue to get through the checks, then walk them in, put the bags and take out the milk container, bottle for Kai.

All in all it takes me another like 10 mins.

Ling,
Agree with Celyn. The best is dun play hide and seek cos if the kid knows u do that, they will be always on the lookout for u and end up cannot settle.

If u leave and that's it, they will get the idea and then can settle to join in the activities cos they know u're gone for sure ... not bluff them or like playing a game with them.

Just tell her "Have a good day darling, mommy will come back later" ... then kiss her, wave good bye and walk off. Dun turn back ( a very important step) - cos they will start their crying and wailing ...

For Kai, sometimes i see him settled down, I dun even say goodbye cos if I do that, he'll have to put on that "crying act" for me - they automatically they will feel it .. so I spare him from the separation anxiety.

Depends on kids. If can, say goodbye. If the kids always cry, then sometimes i just disappear. The teachers oso dun like parents to come in after they send the kid in for that reason. Too much anxiery for the kids and harder to handle.

yln,
hahah... you say you terrible, me worst loh. after sending him to cc for 3 morning, i leave him to come back in school bus liao loh.

i never give yu ze any 'security' things to bring to school. not even his pacifier, he learn to sleep without it.

the rule is no pacifier for him once he step out of the house.

i'm trying to see if i can wean him off pacifier during our dec holidays. bring but don't let him know and see if works just like in cc or not. :p

shint,
take school bus no need to check temp? mine need leh. the kids will all queue up to check before entering too.

school:

wah, all that talk abt going to sch. i'm going to experience that next yr. unpack milk? J doesn't even drink milk. now we give him yoghurt drink but even then he takes so long to drink. i won't be surprised when he goes to sch next yr, he will refuse to eat/ drink at home and eat his brekkie in sch (if he will even eat) among strangers, haha. envisioning a tough time next year
sad.gif

Today, asked hb to drop her instead... :p me chicken out..
thought hb will b stronger but since he dropped her, he has called me twice to check whether the teacher call me or not :p cos they told him if anything they will call me...
I dont think they will actually call leh....

Shint
Mine is just half day nia... so didnt bring her milk... jusst put some snack in.. but realized seem the teachers never open her back for her cos I see the snack there is really untouched.. no diaper change for her also, I did for her after I picked her up

the call out part, she's calling cos looking for me, not that she sees me.. she cried n ccried calling " mama, open door.. nandini wanna go out .. open door.. Mama..." like that one lho... in fact at that time I can hear bcos the teachers brought them out for some outdoor play in a small slide they have n some bubble.. Still N didnt enjoy it thought usually she's bit crazy re bubbles ..
n I dont like cos the teacher didnt ty to say anything to calm her down just let her cry like that
sad.gif

that outdoor part is the only time I can see her, most of the time inside class, it's bhind close door n have locked main glass door also`... so really cant see or hear kind.. guess I like with the open windows n open environment better...

Celyn
ya lor... easier for me today cos I didnt even there to drop her but if I'm the one who dropped her.. I'm sure til now I'll still be hoovering ard the area there n not coming home :p

YLN
Kaer took 2 months uh ? Wow, n she's one brave and independent gal... wonder how long N will take it... yes agree it's very traumatic for US !

Krex
N even refused to eat her lunch at school !! she said " mama feed , mama feed" n no matter how hungry she's not eating !! Causing her to look dull n irritated cos she also doesnt drink properly.. dun think the teachers remind her to drink regularly...
sad.gif
(

Ling, is it the first day of school? For my gal last time, I attended the school with her for the first 3 days... first day full day, 2nd and 3rd day on and off I'll sneak off when she's playing happily and meal times I pop by to check on her... in fact she did so well she did not cry at all until 2 weeks later... then she started crying for 1 month everytime I drop her off... by then she's actually familiar with the teachers so I have no worries going off when she's crying... she's always smiling at the end of the day when she see me... for my boy, no issues cos he started in infantcare...

krex78,
don't worry too much. usually kids are 'monkey see monkey do' one. he might just follow the rest and start eating. you will never know loh. maybe in the beginning before he starts to settle down in school, he will. once he settle in liao, it will be fine.

lingling,
she is going for 3 hour playgroup one is it? that's why no change of diaper. does the teacher or helper in the class help to feed her?

for yu ze's cc, there is a fixed drink water time which is after outdoor play. they also have tea time. the helper or teacher will guide and teach them how to self feed or even sort of feed them.

Ling,
just drop gal, kiss her, assure you love her and that you will definately come and pick her back later when school is over. Tell her she will enjoy herself. say bye bye and walk off. don't even linger around, just go off.

hehehehee... sounds heartless, but i find that this is the best way of doing this and getting her used to the idea that she has go to school.

YLN,
yah. mine still let me carry him in the sling. but not easy to walk around with a sack a rice strapped on you lor.
happy.gif

ling,
it's like that. after a few weeks they become really clingy at home cos they are afraid you will leave them once you are out of sight eg go toilet or kitchen. it was a terrible stage but you must perservere on.

bernice after 6 mths in cc still will cry sometimes in the morning. usu is bad on mondays. and now cos her fav teacher not around anymore so she's abit upset again.. she will cry "mummy dont go.. come back.. come back"

rona,
ok liao. just went to change dressing. gp say heal very well. mon, go back to remove stitches then wed go back ttsh for review and ok liao.

rona,
no. didn't go. ruixuan bought over the tickets from me. lucky didn't go cos hubby is sick that day then next day become me.

rona
haha..ya...very heavy and shag to carry!..now i always just ask kaer to walk..even if she ask me to carry..n i always say, 'mummy tired' ..n now..she also say, ' Kaer walk, tired!' hahaha...

lingling
like what cat said..u must perserve on..it is a matter of time they will learn...will be clingy..but its the norm..after a while...she will learn..
happy.gif

rona,
what sling can can use now ? it's so tiring to carry bernice now and go out. i dread weekends going shopping cos i either have to run after her or carry her. If she is in a good mood she will sit the pram whole day.. so it's like so dependent on her mood.

I'm going HK next week. OMG I feel it's like hell camp for me

Cat, sorry really dunno what sling/stroller to recommend... I only use those sarong one but think you wun be able to take it... quite aching for the back... I also wanna go... enjoy ur trip yah! Btw, ur msn sending me spam msgs...

Cat,
Enjoy your trip to HK.. Dun think too much, maybe the rest of the adults will automatically help you with Bernice?
If you can borrow, try the Beco or Ergo..

You shd get a lightweight stroller tt can recline so tt she can nap in it.. And not too heavy to carry too

mummies with boys or girls who like vechicles, might be interested in this. pasta in car, motorbike, aeroplane and train that i buy from sheng siong. i think they will love to eat these.

4506782.jpg

Cat,
I'm using the Ergo. Its nice and sturdy and the weight is mostly on the hips. are you going to HK alone with Bernice only?

rona,
is ergo ver good? i got a carrier but use a while only i feel the ache on shoulder and back. don't know if its me or the support no good.

Morning mummies. ;)

Aurora
Ya, cross fingers got taka additional 10% also..hee hee..
Sure sure, will remember to ask u if i'm getting.

Cat

u wanna bring carrier/sling just in case?

coz carry a toddler nt easy.
happy.gif

Unless she keeps walking n dun need to hug

Celyn

u feeling better?

I saw in giant... buggy selling at $33.89 only.
good baby brand.

Check in toy r us , selling $39.95.

maybe can consider this type?

Shint
I'm reporting hihihihi...

Jen
it was her 3rd day... on the 1st day itself I didnt stay inside her class... waited outside class but still in the CC..
the CC is very closed so there's no way I can just come stop by to check on her without have to go in multiple doors
sad.gif
now that's my biggest challenge
sad.gif

Celyn
She is in half day CC but cos I saw usually the teachers is very occupied in settling all the children in the morning, I usually bring her just ard 9

Rona
me weak heart lah... usually it's not the crying but cos in the house whenever she cries, somebody will explain to her so she doesnt need to cry.. but here in the CC, I notice the teachers didnt even try to say something to her n just let her be like that.. expecting she'll stop crying by herself....

Cat
after 6 mos, Bernice still cry ? She's still in half day ? must b very hard to drop her uh ..
sad.gif
I read the CC allowed the parents to check in on the kids anytime they want.. is it true ?

YLN
saw Kaer... she really looks very independent n can take care of herself type leh... stil difficult uh ?
sad.gif
my gal is more timid cos all along nobody can take care of her than me lor.. so never been separated from me for that loong time..

rona,

can ergo still be used for toddlers? i used baby bjorn last time for J but now he's kinda outgrown it..

do u think i can borrow your ergo for my upcoming trip?

linx
just pass n to the teacher and go, u can de. =)
saw 1 boy actually cry till wanna bang open the door that kind, his mother more heart pain lor.
they are now at a "koala bear" stage, so we have to help them to overcome that kinda fear instead.

Good Morning Mommies!

Ling,
Must be strong and really leave the kid and go...know how bad you feel but it's really for their own good...if we give in or linger, it will take even longer for them to get used. Hang on! =)

Aurora & Snow,
My SIL just helped me replenish the Childlife Fish Oil and guess what, it costs only $11 per bottle...she ordered from a US website...I'm asking her which website so to share with you guys...it is indeed cheaper to get overseas than GNC.

Krex
is it uh ? maybe I should've done like you.. postpone til next year.. maybe she'll understand better by then... :p

Snow
wahh !! the boy wanna bang the door ? did the teacher do anything or say anything to stop n comfort him ?

Celyn
I'm trying ..... hope she'll enjoy it too
happy.gif

ling,
i find its harder if you postpone it to next year. maybe by then she will be able to speak more and you can understand her better, it will make you more heart pain when she cry for you.

i remember when i first take school bus with yuze for the 1st 2 days, i almost wanted to cry every morning when this boy board the bus. he will cry and keep repeating, i want mummy or i want daddy. call mummy, call mummy all the way to cc. all the bus auntie can do is, i call your mummy and daddy liao. they ask you to be a good boy but she didn't call for sure lah.

at least when i send yu ze though he is crying, i still don't know what he wants can still pretend a bit and leave him loh.

Ling,
They are stronger than we think. She will learn to adapt to the environment soon enough. Think of it this way, it's a skill you are giving to her. Beats having mommy to do it for her, pacify her. She will learn to stop when no one notice her stunts anymore. Then she grows.

Kai sometimes will kick a fuss n roll on the floor at dinner time. I told him "please go over there to roll, once u're done with it n ready to eat, come back to the table". he tried to cry n get attention, aftr a while, he stopped n came back to eat.
Their ubderstanding is very good, knows how to control us.
Only mommies think they are still young, poor thing .... But they are not as dependent as we think.

Meanwhile, when she comes home, talk to her about her day n what she did, etc. Also promote how fun school is.
Encourage her that she did well, etc, gives her the pride n also show that mommy is happy. She'd want to please you.

shint,
hahah.... yah yah. i give up calling yu ze to come for dinner now. i will just say once when dinner is ready then i just sit there and eat. he will suddenly realise that everyone is having dinner except him and come to the table or run to the table when i start putting the dishes there (when he is hungry).

hubby will just keep calling him and wait for him. till i tell him no need to call, he will come when he hungry. now he also know yu ze's pattern liao and stop calling him too.

I always say "now u want to cry cos u see how they cry when u leave them .... Soon, u'd be crying cos they so happy in school ... Dun even wave goodbye."

All from friend's advice n experience. We always think our kid is different, and secretly hoping but .... Kids are kids, they all behave quite the same! Jus how long each takes to reach that stage.

ling,

his pre-N only starts next yr, and i wasn't planning for him to attend play group or child care since my ILs are looking after him.

now i'm just giving him some pep talks. like pointing out how children in uniform go to sch if we meet some in the lift, or if we see children walking to his future sch. and reading him books about school. dunno if these will help. i did contemplate putting him in play group a month or two before pre-N but it might be a waste of money if the aim is just to get him used to schooling. not many good play groups around kovan anyway.

Krex, ling,
I think Whichever play group or activity they are sent to, they may react to it initially cos it's a new environment.
Kai also cried on lesson 2 for the art class but better than 1st lesson. Cos i wanted daddy to sit in n he started wanting me. Next week will attempt to let daddy attend with him cos daddy really wanted to sit in, haha.

Ling, hang in there...

M2B, wonder if you have tried Nordic Natural Children DHA before? Wonder if I should switch to Childlife?

Celyn, I would be very sim tia have to take schoolbus when <2YO... u very brave...

Mummies with boys, I know many of the girls are already talking and having conversations... can your boy "talk" to you? Sometimes P cry but I ask him what's wrong he cannot "tell" me... just keep saying "I want mummy bao bao..." then he will scream... hiaz...

Back