Measuring 2 weeks behind

Vanella

I've been tracking my ovulation. I had 2 miscarriages previously.
At week 6, i had an abdominal U/S and only saw the sac (no fetal pole). Doc said to come back in 2 weeks time to check for heartbeat. On the same day of the scan, i had a one time off light bleeding (only few hours), followed by on off spotting for 1 week (till week 7).

At week 8w3d, the transvaginal U/S showed a 6w5d sac with fetus but no heartbeat detected. My CRL measured at 7.9mm. My doc told me at this point it is hard to rule out a miscarriage as the CRL is at the threshold and there was still progression from the size as compared to the previous scan. So it's difficult to determine if it's viable or not. He mentioned to give a chance for it to grow and wait another 2 weeks. The wait is really killing me. I know it doesn't look good and it's too ambitious to be hoping for a successful pregnancy. Don't want to hope so much and trying to prepare myself for the worst. Feeling very anxious and i'm really tired to face another loss.

Try going for second opinion from a reputable and experienced doctor. 2 weeks wait seems forever.

I was bleeding a lot on 5weeks, rushed to KKH, doctor removed POC and told me it was a miscarriage. Admitted, I cried the whole night. Next day another doctor came to scan and saw the sac still intact in the womb. Went for transvaginal scan and saw a yolk sac too (which was not there few days before) but no heartbeat detected. Told to wait for 2 weeks before going back for another scan.

I’m seeking second opinion at another private hospital. Can’t sleep well every night thinking about this.

Try going for second opinion from a reputable and experienced doctor. 2 weeks wait seems forever.

I was bleeding a lot on 5weeks, rushed to KKH, doctor removed POC and told me it was a miscarriage. Admitted, I cried the whole night. Next day another doctor came to scan and saw the sac still intact in the womb. Went for transvaginal scan and saw a yolk sac too (which was not there few days before) but no heartbeat detected. Told to wait for 2 weeks before going back for another scan.

I’m seeking second opinion at another private hospital. Can’t sleep well every night thinking about this.
Yes, agree with u that 2 weeks is a long wait and for some reason, i had to make quick decisions for this matter. I went to 3 different docs for this pregnancy - for a 2nd opinion to check viability and also 2nd opinion on the best option to resolve the missed miscarriage.

I went to SGH for this pregnancy as i wanted to save money. But i still opt for private route as i'm classified as high risk pregnancy so i wanted a doc that handles these cases. Little did i know that it makes not much diff when it comes to emergency and waiting time. A lot of waiting and always inconclusive.

After the 8 week scan, i kinda know that it's not viable despite the fact that the doc told me still got chance although crl is 7.9mm with no heartbeat. By right 7mm should have heartbeat. So i seek 2nd opinion from a private doc in toa payoh - true enough the baby did not grow even after a repeated scan a week ltr (9weeks). Was diagnosed as missed miscarriage and given option to do surgery & send fetus for testing since it's recurrent miscarriage.

I wasnt comfortable with doing d&c with a doc i'm not familiar with as i have fertility issues as well. D&c has higher risk and i dont want my fertility to be compromised further with unwanted complications from the d&c.

So i ended up going back to the previous doc in gleneagles whom i've been consulting for my 1st & 2nd pregnancy. Spent so much money haizzzzz but at least i have a closure and can finally move on.

5 weeks is usually too early to see heartbeat. Usually heartbeat can only be seen ard 6 or 7 weeks.

Yes, agree with u that 2 weeks is a long wait and for some reason, i had to make quick decisions for this matter. I went to 3 different docs for this pregnancy - for a 2nd opinion to check viability and also 2nd opinion on the best option to resolve the missed miscarriage.

I went to SGH for this pregnancy as i wanted to save money. But i still opt for private route as i'm classified as high risk pregnancy so i wanted a doc that handles these cases. Little did i know that it makes not much diff when it comes to emergency and waiting time. A lot of waiting and always inconclusive.

After the 8 week scan, i kinda know that it's not viable despite the fact that the doc told me still got chance although crl is 7.9mm with no heartbeat. By right 7mm should have heartbeat. So i seek 2nd opinion from a private doc in toa payoh - true enough the baby did not grow even after a repeated scan a week ltr (9weeks). Was diagnosed as missed miscarriage and given option to do surgery & send fetus for testing since it's recurrent miscarriage.

I wasnt comfortable with doing d&c with a doc i'm not familiar with as i have fertility issues as well. D&c has higher risk and i dont want my fertility to be compromised further with unwanted complications from the d&c.

So i ended up going back to the previous doc in gleneagles whom i've been consulting for my 1st & 2nd pregnancy. Spent so much money haizzzzz but at least i have a closure and can finally move on.
I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. I can totally understand how nervous or anxious you are going to different doctors to seek opinions.

This is my first pregnancy after TTC for almost a year (I’m in late 30s and yes I have fertility issue too).

Hugs…

5 weeks is usually too early to see heartbeat. Usually heartbeat can only be seen ard 6 or 7 weeks.
Hopefully I can see this in my next scan. Time will tell.

How did you feel (apart from the bleeding and spotting on week 6) between week 6-9? Any symptoms of pregnancy? Did the doctor at Gleneagle say that this is a chemical pregnancy?

Hopefully I can see this in my next scan. Time will tell.

How did you feel (apart from the bleeding and spotting on week 6) between week 6-9? Any symptoms of pregnancy? Did the doctor at Gleneagle say that this is a chemical pregnancy?
From week 6 to 9, i still have pregnancy symptoms but it gradually declines - the symptoms wasnt as bad as before the bleeding happened. I was still having nausea and vomitting at that time, just that it reduces from maybe 5 times a day to just once or twice a day. Sore boobs started to reduce a lot as well.

No, it wasn't a chemical pregnancy because there's sac and fetus found. It's a missed miscarriage - the baby just stopped growing at some point but my body did not recognise the loss and fetus did not come out on it's own, so my body still thought i'm pregnant, which is why i was still having some symptoms.

i did experience chemical pregnancy before as well - it was my 2nd one. I was at week 5 but doc couldnt find any sac at all. Shortly after the scan, i bled on my own.

I went thru different types of miscarriages.

1st pregnancy (via ivf) 2021- from threatened miscarriage --> passing out the sac & a confirmed miscarriage --> incomplete miscarriage (bleed heavily for 2 weeks and from scan, the lining was still very thick) --> did d&c to have a complete miscarriage.

2nd pregnancy (natural) 2022 - chemical pregnancy.

3rd pregnancy (natural with help of letrozole) 2023 - unexplained bleeding at week 6 and then missed miscarriage which leads to having a d&c done.

On top of all these losses, i also had 2 failed ivf cycles in between and also had a d&c to remove polyps. I spent 10 years ttc, only to end up having repeated losses every single year. I'm taking a break from this journey and dont have the motivation to go thru it anymore. Every pregnancy is traumatizing for me.

When is ur next scan? Hope all turns out well for u. Hang in there.

Back