(2008/08) Aug 2008

Hi ladies! TGIF!!

Snow,
#2 not possible. Factory closed. Hb n I agreed liao. One is enough.

M2B,
Most prob it's DYM coming. Or maybe I m too stressed at work. Haven't slept well recently.
Congrats on Mae's efforts! Keep it up!!

Kimmies,
Welcome! Nowadays we are kinda quiet n slow in posts. But do come by and drop a note anytime! =)

kimmies
what a unique name...hee hee...are u a chinese?
ai ya, most of our "terrible 2" are like monkeys.
very fast they will go into the "10-thousands why" stage, that time u can ans qn till u faint. =P
my gal born in aug, think some of the bb here born in jul and sep also. =)
most of us had been chatting since dec 2007, so quite old friend type already.
on and off we will org some gathering, do join in if u can okie?

nana
ha ha...then gotta take very strict preventive measure liao.
u better rest more and drink more water in that case, persisted tiredness is a sign of flu. =(

m2b,

wah, so fast toilet bowl already? skipped potty stage?

J can sometimes pee on the floor if we take off his diaper for awhile. thankfully only dirty floor and not carpet or sofa.

Hi Snow.. thanks for inviting me..
happy.gif
It's always nice to interact with other mothers.

The age gap b/w my 2 kids are 18 months.. so, it's really a handful since they are both stlil toddlers. I don't get to spend much time with my #2 since I work and #1 is quite the leech. But when I do get to spend alone time with just 2 of them.. o boy.. it's sooo tiring.

Are most of you SAHMs or FTWMs?

Nana & Krex,
Dun know y Mae seems to hate the potty, she can sit for very long and yet nothing comes out so my mom train her via toilet bowl...my mom said when Mae has the needs, she will appear agitated so my mom must catch the cue and bring her to the toilet...guess I must preserve in the weekends but diff as we are always bringg her out...hahaha

Kimmies,
My gal is born is end Jul and I have 2 gals...#1 is 6.5yo liao! Welcome to our "club"! =)

Nana,
Actually hvg 1 is good too so you can concentrate and give her all! Now with 2, very diff to split, time etc...

Kimmies,
Think my gal is the youngest. Born on 25 Sep 08. Was introduced to this Aug thread and have been hanging out wif these fun and great mummies since.

M2B,
One only and I want to faint liao. Can't imagine having another bb. Hb is not really a hands-on man at hm.

now yu ze poo got pattern, he will stand there very serious looking. you ask if he poo poo, he will raise his hand to show you the wait sign and say don't want don't want. then i know he is doing liao and don't want you to touch him. when he is done, he will come and point to his buttock. sometimes when you check him, he will tell you don't have.

M2B: wow.. 6.5 years.. so, you had to do the P1 registration!! Was it as horrible as everyone says it is?

MummyNana.. when I read your note about your hb being not a hands-on man at hm. I want to laugh. Because my hb is like that too (although he's improved in the last 6 months).. so I know how you feel.

Nana,
It will be easier as your gal grows older...trust me
happy.gif
Then come the educational stress liao =(

Celyn,
Haha, Mae oso dun want to be touched when pooing...she will want to stand alone at 1 corner...hahaha, we were joking that this is courtesy coz smelly mah, so stand far far away =P

Rona, no attendance list. Cos at the park anyone can come anytime. We'll fix a date then those who can just come .
Jus like a no frills gathering. Very easy kind.

kimmie
ur case quite similar to celyn, both her kids age gap very small. but age gap small next time they can be real buddy buddy wor..hee hee..very fast de lah, 2 yrs later they will play together by themselves liao.

here ah? we have both sahm n ftwm. ;)

Heya Celyn, what do you do for sleeping arrangements? Do both kids sleep with you? My son has been sleeping with the maid since young, and the maid is going in Oct. We have been trying to "wean" him off the maid at night starting last week.. it's been such a torture!!! plus, he dreams actively at night, so since he was born, he would wake up about 3-5 times a night.

I'm totally shacked out! Does any mothers have this problem?

Mommies who have 2 & more kiddos..
Did #1 and #2 sleep together from Day 1? We are wondering how to go about the sleeping arrangement in future.. Oh yes, in case you're wondering, #2's not made yet.. hahah

kimmies,
both of them sleep in their own room themselves. #1 had been sleeping on his own since 2 months old till jan this year. maybe due to #2, he will wake up and come and sleep with me in the middle of the night. i had just kicked him back to his room last week again. so he is back to his room now and sleep through again. he slept through since 5 months old.

#2 sleep in her room since birth. so both of them have their own room and this arrangement will stay till there is a need to give up the room to our parents. currently, we are staying on our own but sort of prepare to have our parents staying with us when they can't look after themselves.

hissotry,
i didn't put them together cos i scare yu ze will wake up by yu xi's cry. and if both are up then i will have a big problem. hahaha.....

Celyn.. that's the problem I have now, unfortunately.. unfortunately, I do not have enough rooms because when I was renovating my house many years ago, I didn't do so with kids in mind. So, we now only have 2 bedrooms. The maid is sleeping in one and was with #2. #1 has always been sleeping with us. But you are right, now that both are sleeping with us, they wake each other up.

Anyways, #2 will be starting school next month, hopefully,he will K-O after school and wont wake up so often. I also just bought a new place and will move in December. But still not enough rooms because my hb wants a study room. So, both kids will sleep together by themselves. That is the plan. Hopefully it works out!

The frustrating part for me now is weaning #2 from the maid at night. The daytime is fine because he doesn't want the maid. but nighttime, he's very used to seeing the maid sleep with him, so there's been ALOT of resistance last week. Hopefully, he grows out of it.
sad.gif

morning mummies

kimmies,
if you are determine to wean him off maid then must be very persistent loh. you will be very tired during this period but have to do it loh. since you don't have enough rooms then how are you going to do it?

Hi Celyn.. yes, I realise now. It is all about persistence. Cannot.Give.Up. Although I am soooo tempted to. It's really tiring.. but haiz.. I hope after he goes to school next month, things will be better.

Well, for now, both kids are sleeping with us in our bedroom (which was previously 2 rooms, but the previous owner knocked it into 1 big room).

When we move to the new house, they will both share one room.. Hoefully, the bomb shelter is big enough a room for the maid..

kimmies,
so you mean they are going to face changes again when you moved house? how soon will that be? i won't suggest too much changes within a short period of time loh.

Hi Celyn.. hmm.. I know what you mean, but I can't see how to work around it too. The timeline is this.

Sept : #2 going to start school
Oct: Maid going back, getting replacement.
Dec: Moving house

I'm afraid if I don't get my son to sleep without the maid at night now, it will be difficult for him to adjust. Hence, my decision to to move him in with me now.

kimmies,
actually, i feel its too much changes liao. maybe you just let him continue with the maid first. let him settle down in school. some children takes to school very fast and some quite slow. move him in with you once the maid leaves cos i think its easier for him to sleep with you then compare to a new person. maybe he won't resist so much. then in new place, they will just start immediately in their new room.

mm.. finally got a phonecall from the childcare center that it is opening in end-oct.. *keep finger crossed* Hopefully B can take it like duck to water.. I kept thinking of going bk to work will be so good, not so tiring..but i think maybe that time i will be the one having separation anixty? haha!

anyways its really good news to us
happy.gif
To have one that is really near to my hse and somemore its new.. hehe..

Hi Celyn.. thanks.. actually, the problem now is more his dreams.

when he's going to bed now, the maid and I will put him to bed. Initially, he'll wake up crying and asking where's the maid, but now he doesn't do so. HOWEVER, he's always had this problem of dreaming too much and waking up so often. This was also when he was sleeping with the maid and it made my maid so tired as well.

Last night, I think he woke up more than 5 times (I lost count).

So, hopefully when he starts school, this problem will go away.. haiz.

kimmies,

my son sleeps with the maid but either my hb or i will put him to sleep. maid only sleeps after son falls asleep. when he wakes up at nite, he will look for mommy and daddy, not the maid.

mommies, want to check with you:

1) does your kid sleep on his/ her own or do u need to be present at night?
2) does your kid wake up at night and can he/ she go back to sleep on his/ her own or must u put him/ her to sleep?

oh, and does anyone have kids who don't drink milk anymore?

Krex, thanks for sharing.. yep, that was probably my mistake, letting the maid put him to sleep. With my elder one, it was like that, but she had no problems transitioning to us. In fact, after she moved to sleep with us, she never wanted to sleep with the maid again.

Krex,

1) Both gals go to bed on their own at nite, diff timing though...
2) Even if they wake up at nite, hb and I won't know coz we sleep like logs in the next room...but they will fall back to sleep on their own too...guess it runs in the genes...we all sleep like a log at nite =)
3) Mae is a milk addict! She still drink 3x a day =)

Hi Mummies.

Nini,
Congrats! Skool is good. They will learn to speak in proper sentences, no more bb language. E.g. When i point to a balloon and ask her what colour is this? She replies, "This is blue." hahahhaa... I need to watch my language and grammar now. Anywayz, when is Braiden starting skool?

Kimmies,
Dun blame yourself. Gotta look forward. Agree with Celyn. Dun go into too many changes at a time. Children need assurance and a sense of security. Children will still prefer their parents over the maid. Dun worry too much. How abt start now to prepare him for bed first so tt you will be the last person he sees before falling asleep, den take things one at a step?

Krex,
1) Anvelle will sleep on her own while I sit/ lie down next to her.
2) *Fingers crossed* She woke up several times a night a few months back but sleeps like a log these days. But sometimes she will wake up to find her pacifier, put it into her mouth and go back to sleep. Guess it is a passing phase.
3) She still drinks milk at least 3x a day, 180ml.

kimmies, i've been on waiting list for 2 cc near my house for a almost one yr liao also no vancanies.. so tis time roud i very ks.. Its by ntuc call my first skool.. Just opp my blk only.. heehee.. hope i can registered successfully
happy.gif

my boy sleep on his own bed but sometimes climb up to sleep with us.. he used to wake up 4-5 times a night due to breastfeeding n habits of dreaming..so i know how u feel.. very tiring.. n have to pat him to sleep everytime. So fed up i scold him lor everytime he does that.. now he sleeps frm 10+pm to 8+pm.. Dun excite him too much before he sleeps.. My boy also dont drink milk so i let him have a full dinner.

nana: I am a bad teacher..lol.. Braiden still use bb language.. he can speak little words compared to his peers. I guess skool makes a big difference where they get the enviroment for learning. I am so used to speaking mix of eng + chinese.. like e.g. "ni zhi dao This is for what de mah?" arghh.. Tmr im bring him to a mandrain trial class.. see wat is it like.. But i tink mandrain is not a problem as we're mostly speaking mandrain at home. But not proper mandrain nor proper english... *roll eyes* lol

m2b/ nana,

i think J got his father's genes coz' i'm the one who sleeps like a log
happy.gif
J needs us to hold his hand/ arm/ body, etc. to sleep. give him pillow/ bolster/ pet dog also don't want. and naturally when he wakes up at night, we have to go tend to him
sad.gif

nini,

braiden totally don't drink milk anymore? J finally decided that he doesn't even want his morning milk feed so he's totally off milk. now wondering if i have to give him calcium tablets. not sure if the yoghurt/ cheese he has for afternoon snack is enough calcium for him. in the morning, he eats cheerios with a bit of milk or oats with milk. now i'm also trying to include sardines and chick peas into his diet, but not everyday though. very problematic, sigh.

celyn
That was what I was thinking also.. End up need to pacify 2, instead of 1

M2B
How old did Mae start sleeping through? I rem she did so at a young age.. We're thinking of deco Ashley's room, but before I get down to that, I want to make sure the layout is right (if there's even such a thing)

hisstory,
i'm going to convert fil's room to yu xi's room soon. waiting for the 4 pc bedroom set to go out before we get her furniture in.

krex78,
either 1 of us will be with yu ze. he goes back to his room at 8pm, he can drink milk, play toys or read book. off light at 8.30pm sometimes he will protest and say i want light. i will ignore him and by 9pm he would have slept liao. he is still drinking milk, 3 times a day 180ml each and last feed is 200-270ml. if he does wake up ing the night he will come look for me then i just carry him back to his room, put him down and walk off. no talking at all, he will go back to sleep himself.

kimmies,
maybe don't play with him too much. he may be over stimulated to have these nightmares.

nini,
congrats. sometimes i also mixed both language together when i talk to yu ze. must be more careful now.

Hi mummies

Sleeping arrangements: Kaer still wake up at nite to climb onto our bed
sad.gif
..she sleeps on the floor beside our bed..used to it liao..sigh..she needs me around to fall asleep..

i just wrote an email to kaer sch to complain..sigh.im like such a complain mummy...:p
got one indian teacher last fri, when my MIL dropped her off in sch..very rough and rude (also impatient and impolite)to my MIL n Kaer...n said infront of kaer n MIL...KAER VERY NAUGHTY...i dun no ..but i think even if its so, she shouldnt say infront of kids cuz the kiddo might be frightened ..somemore this teacher dun teach kaer..just that she on morning shift to help take temp for the kids that come in early..i just feel she should not take temp taking lightly since there are already 4 cases of HFMD in the sch...n the part where she so rough to kaer n say kaer naughty infront of her..i think will only frighten kaer..

Celyn/ Nini,
At least your children can understand English and Mandarin. My daughter speaks Mandarin like she is singing (with limited vocab - 老师, 泥娃娃,...)and will give a blurr face when u speak Mandarin to her. Think she understands Teochew more than Mandarin! Hahahha...

Maybe we started in the wrong direction. Both hb n I grew up in English and dialect speaking familys. Only learnt to speak fluent Mandarin when we came into the working world. So we need to learn the Mandarin nursery rhymes now. I had to go to the teacher and asked her for the lyrics to the song and write it down in hanyu pinyin so that I will remember.

YLN,
Y does the Indian teacher talk like tt? Dun they noe tt it's not good for the kids? You need to "feedback" so that the principal/ centre supervisor know what goes on...

Hi......... okok.. I'm going to take all your advice and let my boy continue sleeping with the maid tonight. And, like what MummyNana says, I'll prep him for bed so that the last person he sees is me but he'll sleep with the bed.

Haiz.. the consequence of thinking too much. LOL!

MummyNana.. you know, my Kate speaks Mandarin the exact same way! She never used to know Mandarin (since we only speak English at home), so I found a school for her that does alternate English and Chinese everyday. She loves her Chinese teacher to bits. Her chinese teacher is a Chinese national, but very gentle, very kind and is always smiling.

SO, now Kate comes back, babbling in Mandarin. She has a limited vocab, and when I answered back in Mandarin that's too deep for her, she has this super blank look on her face. it's quite funny sometimes.
happy.gif

NiNi.. wow.. I was very lucky. When I enquired playgroup for Kate, they had just opened a new class, now that DiDi is going to the same shcool, he gets priority too. I can't believe it... you waited for 1 year and still didn't get a place. Wow..

So, your boy dreams alot too? I've read that it's quite common for children, but so far, I have never heard of my friends' kids waking up so many times! When people ask, and I tell them, they usually give me a look of puzzlement.

Hisstory,
Mae starts sleeping through w/o milk when she is just slightly past 1mth...thank godness coz I need my sleep
happy.gif

Must show us pics of Ashley's new room soon!
happy.gif

Rona,
I think that vaccine is compulsory for bbs born starting from this year not our kiddos...although it is strongly recommended.
happy.gif

M2B,
Thanks! So its compulsory for kids born this year onwards. Was a bit confused, cos i saw the schedule on the MOH website but we didn't receive any information on it. J got the vaccination last week. all is well then.

nana,

J's accent also very weird...can laugh! he doesn't know the words yet but he can repeat after us, like 苹果,葡萄,西瓜,斑马,何马, etc. he can also say he own chinese name, but all repeated after us one lor. if i ask him what is apple in chinese, he will give a blank look. the only one he can guess correctly is crab (螃蟹). haha. weird!

m2b,

u're so lucky! J started sleeping through at 4 mths then later on started waking up and having bad habits like requiring pacifier, holding hands, etc. i can hardly rem a period where he will sleep though without waking us up
sad.gif

Back