(2008/08) Aug 2008

Rona,
No worries then
happy.gif

I know MOH made it compulsory so thats why they allowed using of Medisave for the vaccine
happy.gif

Krex,
*Crossed my fingers* so far no patterns from Mae at nite
happy.gif
Only when she is unwell then I have to wake up to check her but I'm the 1 disturbing her sleep lor coz she will sleep like a log and even after I wake her up for fever med, she will continue sleeping...haha

celyn/nana: now Braiden also say 'qie' apple.. err.. I think I must make a conscious effort to speak proper english/mandrain and not mix up both language... -_-"

Just now passby Yishun so while hubby went to run errands, I walk walk with Braiden.. Saw the singaporepools so went in and buy.. At the counter the lady insist I cannot buy with a toddler in my arms.. They insist i put him down.. I was pretty angry cos i thought its quite dumb.. So I queried them why can't I hold on to my baby and he is not the one buying what. They still refer to their 'law' and point to the notice at their window.. I sooo angry lor so i put Braiden down n lucky he didnt run around. So i bought the tixs n left in a huff.. I sms my lawyer friend she say some premises denied entry for children under 18.. err.. ok loh. Cos usually put Braiden in stroller one.. haha

Now on Chinese ah? Kai also repeat after us. There's this Chinese book I read to both kids n he loves it. Can bring to me to read and can recognize some pictures and say in mandarin. Simple only.

Nini,
Dun mix. Else they grow up speaking rojak. Try not to use singlish too. It will have an impact. I tell them not to use but when I do, my elder son will tell me cannot say la, alamak, wa Lao. haha. I have to follow my rules too.

celyn
U going to sell off ah? But you also mentioned that there's a possibility that, some time in the future, your FIL may still stay with you?

M2B
Oh, 1 mth.. And during the 1st mth, Raine wasn't disturbed with meimei?
hahah.. nothing fanciful, just some decals & pic.. Dunno whether to get her a toddler bed also. Btw, apart fr Ikea, where else sells toddler bed?

NiNi
Woohoo, someone's gonna rake in lots of money? heehee..
I hope Braiden likes school too!! Speaking rightly in front of kids is really a tall order yah? But sometimes I can't help it too! I tend to 'curse' at the irritating drivers on the road.. *ooops*

hmm, haven't 'seen' snow around.. hehheh

hisstory,
yah, very torn between converting the room for yu xi or keep it as it is. but keeping it is like very unfair to her cos she doesn't have her own 'baby' room. giving it away, i also very scare that i have to let our parents move in with us when they can't take care of themselves and we got to spend $$ to buy a set again. since we are not certain when that will happen, just change to yu xi's room first. the wait could be many years later, nobody knows.

hubby say if really so so suay that my parents need to move in with us after we sell this set, then buy a new set loh. its just our luck loh.

that set had been on display in that room for 3 years + liao loh and had got people sleep on it for 6 months max only. its very wasted to give away and so happen that office is looking for a bed for hostel so decide to give them. end up, they are paying us $300 for it. not a lot but better then nothing loh. can use this $$ to buy yu xi's furniture loh.

celyn
$300 is not too bad, at least not so sayang leh.. But in the mean time, Yu Xi can have her own room just like gorgor has..
happy.gif

How are you intending to do up Yu Xi's room?

hisstory.. no lah, me is 4D auntie mah.. hehehe :p

True.. jus now hubby said F**k and Braiden repeated after him!!! *faintz* mus really watch wat we say.. I am trying to speaking to him in both languages.. e.g. Do you want this? Ni yao zhe ke ma? .. I think slowly he'll learn to be biligual
happy.gif

hisstory,
yah loh. better than nothing. we paid around 1k for that set. i just intend to get ikea kid's wardrobe for her. there is a new range in the 2011 catalogue, quite nice. need to see the actual thing and also decide to have a all while furniture for her or pink. her cot is white colour.

halo. long time never come in. will make effort.

Shint, I'm ok with the botanic garden. Any time and date is ok for me. As usual, I wont be there early unless my sleeping beauty wakes up early that day.

If nt, hv to keep disturbing her to wake up.

Tks for such casual gathering.
happy.gif

Nini

yes.. under 18 yr old cant. cant wear sch uniform if I dun rem wrongly.

To them, as long as in front of counter mean the law is practise.

Also gd lah... or they will buy when they are young as they see adults doing it. Just like smoking.

Nana

got DVD on chinese nursery leh. 4 dvds can buy individual or as a box.

like karaoke type with words running below. so both parents n kids can learn together.

happy.gif

celyn

ok lah. $300 also better than nothing.
happy.gif

able to buy cabinet n toy boxes?

Can her cot change to toddler bed?
Quite nice to hv pink n white together too.

happy.gif

Lang....

I only speak Mandarin to BBM, while she watches Eng dvd. So she can tell you either when she feel like, but most of her lang are all in chinese.

HB half half, got scolded by me. :p

When other adults point and say in Eng, she will ??? then next time, she remember will nod to acknowledge. Usually very talkative at home.

Just like I taught her xie, she will tell me shoe shoes, I tot was due to what she hear outside. Then I realised is HB.

For her, she knows both, so what I ask her, she will nod and point.

Not easy to keep one lang in sg.

sylvia,
talk about shoe, yu ze like to wear this cheapo bob dog slipper. that day, i carry him up the car and put him in car seat after that i busy taking other things to the car. when i sit in the car and we are all ready to leave, yu ze keep saying 'mummy, shoe. mummy, shoe'. i was wondering what he is saying, then realise he was trying to tell me his shoe drop outside the car when i put him in car seat. lucky, manage to catch what he say or he had to go bare footed liao.

yes, her cot can be converted to toddler bed when she is older.

Hi mummies.. last night, Isaac went back to sleep with the maid. He was one happy little trooper. I guess it's his comfort zone. Amazingly, 2 very good things came out from this mini-think-too-much episode!

Isaac suddenly wants me to read to him now! Yippee Yay! I've been trying to do that for ages, but he has no interest. I guess in the last few nights, he saw me doing that for Kate and now he wants me to read to him as well.

Secondly, I've been trying to "kick" Kate out of my bed for the looongest time, but she refused to sleep on the floor by herself. Last night, she sudddenly wants to sleep on the floor like Isaac did for the last one week! Yippee Yay! She still woke up in the middle of the night to climb up our bed, but at least, this is a baby step.
happy.gif

kimmies,

good for u. for my kid, last nite was like taking a step back. he kept on waking up at nite and keep on crying and crying. dunno why also. i think at one point he did cry for abt 1 hr. refuse to sleep.

end up today he's so sleepy he slept on the car and at my MIL's place. dunno how he's going to go sch next time :p

shint,

J also likes the chinese storybooks i bought, esp "拔萝卜". think it's becoz he heard the song first. so he'll take the book, run to me and ask me to read "拔萝卜". hopefully he'll like the other fables in the series. i find it more effective to read stories than try to teach him using flash cards coz' he will then tell me the word in english and refuse to say it in mandarin.

Good Morning Mommies!

Hisstory,
Haha, nope, Raine was not disturbed by Mae during that 1 month coz Mae is wake up drink then sleep type =)

We just got the gal's pull-out bed from Novena...for kids' beds, if you want to spend, can look at http://www.piccolo-house.com/products

There are some even higher ranges that my fren intro me hahaha

Sylvia,
The Karaoke type have Chinese words but no hanyu pinyin. Dun forget this mummy here can speak but can't read. Had to depend on english-chinese dictionary when my company started opns in China and I had to do the SOPs. When my boss saw my Chinese SOP, he hept laughing. All in broken Chinse and full of wrong words. Hahhahaha...

Kimmies,
Congrats! Take it slow. There will be hiccups but perserve ya?

Krex,
Perhaps there was too much excitement and activities before bed? I no longer tickle or play wif Anvelle before bed. She used to wake up many times in the past. Now, the bedtime routine is bathe, read or play the 泥娃娃 disc for her, make her kiss daddy n mummy gd nite n get her to lie down to sleep.

Celyn,
Give Yuze a pat on the back! Good boy!

Nini,
Stupid auntie. Den mummies must leave bbs unattended outside 4D shop to buy 4D? So silly.

krex... I think with kids, it's always like that.. take 2 steps forward, 3 steps back. Not all the time, but sometimes. But I always tell mysef, as long as they don't do it all the time, it's ok. Maybe your kid was over-stimulated at your MIL's house?

Heya, Shint, you are organising a mummy's photography session at Botanic Gardens? Are you into photography too?

Hi kimmies,
Yes ..... me like to take pics for my kids, that's why.

it's a gathering, if you'd call it. All interested mommies, kiddos can come.

We'll inform venue and time .. tentative be 3rd week of Sep, prob on a sunday morning.

Those interested can just join .... bring your own mat, food, etc ... no consolidated stuff cos requires alot of coordination. This is Free & Easy .. my style. haha.

Will post the info by this week on the forum.
You're welcome to join.

Shint, thanks for the invite. I'm very keen, but have to go for a trip 3rd week of Sept..if it's 26th then I can go.
happy.gif
Confirm with you again.
happy.gif

nana,

does A sleep with you? my hb & i were discussing and we were wondering if things might be better if we brought J to sleep in with us. but again, this is like taking 1 step backwards. we dun overstimulate J at night. maybe in the evening when we play with him at MIL's place. but from car journey back onwards, it's just quiet time. he does have a routine as well. wipe down, brush teeth, read bk, say prayer, then off light and go to sleep.

kimmies,

i really hope he won't do this all the time. quite a torture as it is already.

Shint,
Thanks for organising. We will be away from 15-22 Sep. 25th's Anvelle's birthday. Other than these days, I will definitely be there. Maybe can make some little bear sandwiches (ham + bread) for the little ones...

Krex,
Anvelle sleeps in our bed. Her room has been invaded by all our barangs. But we are intending to do up her room and let her move over by end of this year. My advice to you is that if he is already out of the masterbed, dun let him cultivate a habit of getting back in there again.

nana,

that's what i thought too. from day 1 till now, he's always been put in his own bed. the only exception is weekends. he gets to sleep in a bassinet next to our bed so my maid can concentrate on doing housework in the morning w/o waking him. we do notice, however, that on weekends, he tends to wake up less and sleeps longer. dunno if permanently shifting him to our room with his own bed would be detrimental in the long run.

krex78,
i agree with mummynana, once he is out don't let him in again or you have to 're-invite' him out and it will be even tougher.

shint,
i'm going to batam on 18-19 sept for company trip. 11 sept, elmo grows up for yu ze. other times, i will definitely want to come. miss the kids and mummies

Aye. Who can make it this sun then? Botanic gardens. 9 am. Cos I sending hubby for swimming at Dover at 830am. Let's see interest level first then finalise ya? Hui chin shod be ok.
Also must see if weather permits.

Krex,
It's easier inviting him into your room than out.

Celyn,
Thanks for reminding. We are gng for Barney's Space Adventures on 12 Sep.

Shint,
I m fine wif this Sunday. But 9am kinda early. Means gotta wake up before 7am to reach by 9. Nevertheless, let me know when things firm up. I can only use dummy-proof Canon Ixus though.

nini
4D also money wor.. heehee

Now tt you comment on the issue of language, I realise we've hardly ever called Ashley by her Chinese name. Hmm, how, start now? Or leave it to her teachers?

celyn
White would be very nice! And you can have pink accessories to deco
happy.gif
hee

M2B
Mae is really very easy to take care leh.. Anyway I thought about it, heck it lah, just deco first. Maybe #2 can sleep together with Ashley, like Mae
happy.gif

Shint
awww, can't make it on Sundays.. Carry on babe!

Ok, those intending to go on sun can pm me your mobile n email. In case weather not good we postpone it or cannot find us. Let me go see map to set a spot.
Also I prob dun have your mobile cos have not port my contacts to my iPhone yet.

For now, mommies going as below. Add on if u plan to come so we can inform if any changes.
Celyn, hui chin, kimmies, shint.

Venue : botanic gardens (spot to be set)
Date: this sun
Time: after 9 am
Purpose: gathering. Take pics by amateur DSLR mommies and all other point n shoot cameras. Just for fun!
Bring your own mat n own food. Can Bring bread to feed the fishes if we are near them.
I gather we should be done around 1130 when it gets too hot.
Pls add your name if u wanna come n pm me your mobile'.
Mommies: celyn, hui chin, Kimmies, andrina, shint.

Good Morning Mommies!

Hisstory,
Yes, just decor 1st...dun think so much
happy.gif
And then faster plan #2 heehee

Shint,
Will have to check w hb on this Sun...let u know again
happy.gif

hi mommies,

last nite, managed to persuade J to sleep without holding arm. he protested a little but managed to sleep on his own, although taking much longer. didn't wake up at all till abt 7 plus this morning. so, he actually managed to sleep abt 8 1/2 hours continuously. dunno if it's a fluke or it will continue again tonite, heehee.

on the flipside, the boy refused to drink his milk. doesn't want to drink from bottle anymore and doesn't like his FM. now we're trying meiji 200ml milk bottles. today he started having demands like only drinking when milk is cold (MIL went to warm up for him). also bought a collection of reusable straw cups for him coz' he likes to poke straw. hopefully if we pour milk inside there, he will decide to drink. i sure have a weird kid who doesn't like milk at all!

Krex, I have the exact opposite problem for my 3.5YO. Kate drinks waaaay too much milk. She's toilet trained now, but still needs her diapers at night.. and she's drinking so much that her Pampers cannot hold anymore. We've been telling her that she's so big now and shouldn't drink so much, but she's got a real addiction.

BTW, she has been drinking fresh milk for a while, and it can be a real chore to warm up the milk (esp when she goes cold turkey), so usually, I just add abit of hot water into the milk and that makes the milk pretty warm too. To be honest, I actually prefer for her to drink cold milk, since all you get from outside is cold milk.. that's why I say we have the exact opposite problem. LOL!

But I think boys tend not to like milk, and this is a sweep statement, but my boy doesn't drink much milk too. My Godson too.

kimmes,
My boys LOVE milk ... they are mikies.

You are not alone. My #1 is 4.5 yo and he's a milk addict. Still drink before sleep, the biggest bottle. Sometimes at nite drink again, wake up morning drink again.

I am using Mamy Poko for him now .. until 25kg kind but can still leak. Now I changed to the pull up pants and maid said it is better. Btw, he's oredi 21kg now.

Toilet training him .. i tried for about 2 months but failed. I am back to diapers. Drink so much, sure wet the bed. Every nite we will ask him pass urine before bed, then wake him up to urine at nite ... but once he wakes up, he urine and asks for milk again ... so end up morning still wet the bed.

Can wet the bed twice .. hard on my maid for washing and changing the bedsheets, etc. Have antileak pad, plus layers of sheets, etc .. still no good. I give up.
Prob try to stop him drinking ... but perhaps next year ... haha.

Shint,.. hahaha.. that's why I said it was a sweeping statement. Do your boys still eat well despite all that milk? Because my daughter will eat well during weekdays (because there's a routine), but during weekends, she doesn't eat well at all. Too many distractions.

i give up. they want to eat then eat. Dun wan to eat - i take away tv time, story time ... then they choose if they wan to eat.

nowadays i quite bo chap and dun force #2 like i do with #1 cos i feel it's difficult to change them. #1 dun like veges ... i tried for so long still he dun change much. He eats only in school.

Depends on what is being fed. They love fishballs and fish .. so can eat alot of that. Vege .. quite a chore.

Anytime, dun eat well, can drink milk loh.

Yea.. I used to feel really pek chek when they dont wanna eat during the weekends, then my husband told me to relax and take it easy.

You know with vege, I get the maid to chop up the spinach into fine pieces and throw them into the porridge, this way, they can't pick it out. :p

kimmies,
My maid does that but can't be eating porridge all the time rite?

Cos #1 dun wan ... now #2 oso dun wan.

I think it's ok cos when i was young, my brother oso hates vege till he was in his teenage years.

We mommies are too perfectionist.
In reality, alot of things can't be forced.

i pek chek with his diaper thingy but well, now i can't be bothered.
Since i tried for some time, each nite having him sleeping on his urine, maid had to wake him up to pass urine, to sponge and change him ... i think i will try again few months later.

He said he will try but he says he cannot wake up. Even when he's fully wet with his urine, he still sleeps like a log.

Let it take it's natural course.

Back