(2007/02) February

gals, ask u all arh - every since u r preggie already, do u get lazier?

Do u gals cook everyday when you get hme after work? Do u do housechores everyday?

Dunno y, I've bn getting lazier & lazier...... Cham cham cham.........

hi gals

wow, thread moves so fast.

One of the gals asked whether can use mopiko on the injection sites. Well, actually i also not sure, but becos the itch is so intolerable and the buttocks are so hot after scratching, i got no choice but to apply. Else, i cannot sleep leh...

hi gals, juz finishing reading all postings.

ah ger, i do feel lazier, don feel like doing anythg. oh, i even don feel like going to wk. my hubby will cook some of the wkends. but i juz can't stand the oil smell, so sometime feel bad tht i don help up in the kitchen.

i going for my nxt appt, 4wks(NT scan+blood test @KKH), 8wks(AMK KKH) & 12weeks(I thk detail scan @KKH) later. abt once a mth. ladies, i found vitasoy drink quite nice. hee..i bought the junior pk so nt filling at all.

Hi Cherrydale...tks for detail explanation....i also heard from my gynae tt below 30 or 35 is ok not to take this NT Test....

Ahger....since u r still young maybe no need to do the NT scan ...costs abt $320...double check with ur gynae...furthermore it's optional
Lazy...of course super lazy.....rotten already.

HI AH GER

yup i feel lazier...until the extend that i go home immediately after work.

i dont do any cooking or housework now cos its not good to exert strength during the first trimester. hb is taking over the duties.

haiz, yuan lai we all the same. I just feel like sitting tare after dinner then watch TV then slp. Just dun feel like touching anything.

I also dun feel like coming to wk......... I do hope tis is the 1st tri symptoms only. Cos being so lazy makes me feel so useless. Shop, eat, do - everything also lazy.

I still do housechores like vacuum & wash laundy, bt tats only once a week.

2day I feel lagi cham, my eyes are closing liao, I just feel like dashing home & slp. Bt I m still gng to mum's hse for dinner. *yawn*

wah the NT scan is so exp one arh........ better pray I dun need to do then can use the $$ better off elseware.

cherryale,
so it means I do NT scan is only part of oscar test.. heehee a bit messy.. I even heard of triple test.

JC
woah nt test pricing seemed range is big.. I have to go since doc request.

ger and stella,
me also not doing anything.. mil does everything now.. i have special privilage now hahaha

icy - u diff mah........... u already is a SAHFM (stay at hme future mum) liao........ + ur condition nw they sure wun let u do anything.

i am looking forward for maternity leave then can resign and be SAHM already.....

BTW...do u think can resign during last mth of maternity leave huh.....

Thanks to cherryale and Alicia's Daddy for answering on OSCAR.. yeah I think it's an all-in-one test. I will do the test in the morning and by 4pm, I will see my gynae for the results.. not too sure if I should go ahead with the tests as I am not in any high risk category.. trying to spare myself from the trauma of having blood drawn. If I remember correctly, the alternative is the triple test done at the start of 2nd tri? Can't remember already.. childbirth really made my memory go *kapoot*

PVL, yah milk here is so pricey! I used to buy milk by the gallons and chug it all down :p

cannot! during ML u r nt allowed to leave.

Me also wanna leave tis Co, nt happy, nt appreciated for my work done!

During my 12wks I will search for jobs then try to go as many interviews as possible. then when I m back I will tender.

Ah ger, I am definitely lazier now. I used to be shopping queen leh, but nowadays on weekends, no matter how my hb tried to drag me out, I always say no, need to rest. But super bored at home loh. Plus I dun do any housework at all except sorting laundry and putting those that can be machined-wash into the Washing machine.

JC, how old are u? I think I will do both NT Scan and blood test cos I am 31. Just to be sure although the results only tell u whether low risk or high risk. Only amnio can tell for sure whether have DS or not but think gynae only encouraged MTB who are 35 and above for amnio cos there is an associated risk with miscarriage.

Starlite, I dun use anything to stop the itch as I like to scratch but I do it lightly, so that I dun break the skin. Surprisingly today the jab not so painful compared to last week. Think last week gynae jabbed higher nearer bone so very very painful.

Icy, you are so lucky, SAHFM!! How I wish I can do that!

cherryale

me 2! las time i cheong so much & I still frequent discos & pubs one. My hb also try to drag me out of the hse - he said go outside c the sun, shop ard buy clothes since I complained some of my clothes can't wear already.

I will feel very enthusiastic @ 1st bt then the time comes, I will give all sorts of excuses.

Me also doing all the light chores.

Gals - when u all scratch must b gentle leh, or @ leats use knuckles nt fingernails. Cos my coll did tat then she scratched until her breast area bled then gynae said if she does tat again she can't BF.

Catz, how much blood will they draw for the test? I am generally afraid of needles, so whenever I take blood test, need a nurse to hold my other hand. The weekly jab that I take is lagi funny...hubby will put his hand on my head, nurse will hold my legs and gynae jab me and thru out the jab he will say "finishing soon finishing soon, very painful huh?"..haha think I am a big kid : )

wah cherryale - need to b so kwa zhang or nt?????? ha ha ha........
kao_laugh.gif
bt las time me also scared of needles one.

bt in Mar when I did my body chk up, I was ok. infact I try nt to think abt it lor.

Shit! I m so sleepy, feel like taking a day's rest and slp. *yawn*

cheerydale....i am 35 this yr. will go for NT scan+blood test 1st to see the percentage or positive or negative on DS. then decide whether to do amino or not. I know it's double cost but i scare of amino leh.....

Just wonder will the result be immediately ??

cherryale, oh trust me, I'm another paranoid one when it comes to needles 'cos a few years back, when they were drawing blood from me for insurance check-up, I fainted clean away. Talk about drama. After that, I have this feeling that I will pass out during any blood withdrawal. :p

I am also damn lazy nowadays. Come back from work, crash on sofa, wait for sonny boy to come back with husband.. feed him his last bottle of milk, put him to bed.. bathe and zzzz by 9pm. Buay tahan. Don't even have energy to go shopping.. sianz or what?!

cherryale,
cos my hb posted overseas, that why I quit. I still can have 1 .5 yrs overseas. Now I am in sg for visit and stuck here cos gynae advise me not to fly after first tri.

If i stay in sg, perhaps I will work.. i stay with mil and mil is hsewife.. it is like dun need 2 woman to take care of bb lor.. will have comflict one.

me initially still ok leh, bt since las wk - wah, BTH man.......... can't even bring myself to do anything.

Tat time mum still ask me if I ever feel tired? i said no, I still will go out w/ frens & etc. bt nw as time goes by - cham cham cham......... imagine slp @ 11pm or sometimes 12am then wake up @ 6am to bathe then go work.

wkends lagi cham - slp late - sometimes 2am or later then wake up @ 8+ or 9+ then tats it already. Just dun feel like lazing on the bed. haiz........

is tis a sign telling us - it's time to get out of the job? ha ha ha.......

cherryale,
yeah.. yesterday i thought they will just use needle and suck the blood out, in the end they used the needle with tube and slowly let the blood flow out for the 2 tubes.. so eeek!!

JC, when r u going for the NT scan?

icy...only visit my gynae after NDP so got to wait for another 3 wks....also can start the pkg...

Anybody going tis or nxt week for NT scan+blood test...pls provide update

Alicia's daddy, thanks...
happy.gif

cherryale, thanks for checking....

Ah ger, ya, I feel I got lazier too, no mood to play with my gal at all. Stimes feel so guilty abt it.

Catz, I feel so lost abt all the tests though this is my no.2

JC, I drink coffee everyday, sigh.. so unhealthy. i will pour only around 2 cm and top up with hot water, the coffee is still as good.

wow now you all talking about magee mee already? I thik it's becos of the spicy feel which our taste buds like now! I also like to take spicy nowaday but my hb always say better dun take spicy, sometimes even ask the hawker not to put chilii in my mee pok, wah no chilli how to eat, really cannot eat and feel like puke mann..

Chloe, me tim sum lover. Hehee.. lunch hour soon leh, trying to make my saliva drool...

Does anyone noes KKH offers the OSCAR or not? I was given the option to do maternal serum test and NT scan test nia? I am doing both in a package around $320+. How much is the OSCAR?

Ah ger i think you young that's why your gynae never offer you to do the NT test right?

Hi, I m new to this thread though following through the postings. Via online, EDD calculated is 04Mar07, who knows that my bb may be early? hehe... =) Supposed to be Mar07 MTB, but I hope to join this thread as useful info are shared here and of coz, here is really active with so much postings to follow. Hope u Feb07-MTBs dun mind.

Thanks.....

I did my 1st appt early Jul whereby gynae told me that I am in 5+weeks. Done with a scan, it shows bb @ 4+weeks. Going back next week, @7+weeks.

Symptons that I have.... MS, plenty of phlegm (dun meant to be grossed)- is it normal?, frequent toilet visits, feel lazy n tired.

When is the best time to take up antenatal packages? Is there difference between consultation & tests, and delivery packages, or itz all in one thing?

JC - I dun think I will hv any tests cos gynae nv say anything. Bt I will ask him nx Sat.
happy.gif

I hope all of us will get thru this stage asap, then frm 2nd tri onwards - all of us will b up & jumping ard le!
bounce.gif

kao_biggrin.gif

Hi chews..

I wanted to ask u..u are a SAHM..but u hve no kids yet right?

Icy n me same too..SAHM but no kids yet..hehe. Im working part-time only..jus a few days n 1-2 hours the most..Im home with MIL too..

bitbit, me arh just turn 28 lor. Young nt say young lah, old - erm......... catching up liao lor. Ha ha ha......

BBchew - ur gynae or nurse will automatically ask u to sign up one. Dun worry. Bt usually it's betwn 16 - 20wks. My sis @ TMC signed hers @ Wk 20 bt mine, I will sign at Wk 16.

Delivery pkg - is a separate fee charged by the gynae. Hospitalization fees is thru the hospital u deliver bt by the gynae. Consultation fees - they vary. Some clinics they charge $100+ per visit bt some like mine only 1st visit is $100+, subsequent visit is like $60+ incl of GST & med lor. Oh, epidural is also nt incl of delivery charges.

All tests are separate charges & tat incls the detail scan.

Bt I saw my sis's bill was they hv a few eg:
1) normal delivery
2) normal delivery w/ epi
3) assisted delivery
4) assisted epi w/ epi
5) c-sect
6) nursery room charges (for bb)

Gals - pls correct me if I m wrong in any part.

HI BB chew..we dont mind of cos..right ladies..the more the more info to share also..but thread will move very fast lah..haha. So welcome!

Hey ladies..

Mine MS getting worse..no vomitting but the feeling is really bad..very nauseated..I cant really eat without feeling the urge to puke..

I read up that MS seems to get more severe around week 10-13..then it tapers down..n disappears for most..of cos some will continue to have..usually those who carrying more than 1 baby..

JC,
My NT test will be in 2 weeks time, which is 31st Jul.

bitbit,
I think NT test also depends on condition of ur pregnancy. me below 30 also have to take. :D

hi bbchew,
welcome, normall package is offer after 1st tri when everything is more stable.

Charis,
Oh, then we are the same. I not exactly working, just help in my ex-company on small project once or twice when they are short of man-power.

charis - me also lor. It went off for 1 - 2wks then nw back again. wors - thru'out I dun even hv appetite to eat bt then stomach kips rumbling.

Dun worry - we Feb MTBs are all lucky mummies - will all go away pretty soon.
happy.gif

Thanks for the detailed info, Ah Ger. =)

Thanks, Charis....

Lunchtime soon..... *still feel tired, sleepy n bit giddy.... haiz.....

wow.. so many posts liao.

icy,
I understand the conflict with mil in daily life and taking care of bb. I met the same prob after giving birth. As I belong to the 'chim cai' type, I nv question anything and she would be the decision maker. Sometime I would just let it out to my hb if I had my own opinion, can't tell her wor.. coz she would 'nag'.. though she is really good to us but she is quite autocratic. No choice.. still need her help lor. Now i used to her pattern liao.. so everything is fine now.. So u dun worry abt future, u will appreciate what she does for u.

Ahger,
Think laziness is our biggest symptom here. I used to very actively played with my son, taught him 123,abc. Now I would just played VCD for him, hoping he won't cry for me. Luckily household chores done by mil.. we stayed together. Our own house leave empty except wkend go back. Like chalet. ;p I even got my coll to help me 'da bao' lunch.. really dun feel like going out and i try to minimise walking.

Thank you mummy & daddy for explaining the preggie tests. Though not my first preg, I still very blur, gynae said wat test to be taken, we said ok.
Leomom, detail scan not on wk20?

Congratz & welcome bbchew!
happy.gif
My package starts from wk20 onward.

heehee.. seem all of us scare of needle.. though never faint after blood withdrawal, my face would be like white sheet, mil will cook 'zhu gan' to 'topup' blood. Do you girls feel breathless? I always grabbing for air leh..

yeah it's lunch time bt I dunno wat to eat........

suddenly tot of eating french fries again. Maybe go BK buy lunch. Since i hv the coupon then it's $4.10 per meal.

Barb

Haben ask ur permission if I can call u like tat. hee hee.......

Breathless - I feel tat only when I walk up the stairs or just ran. Other than tat I m ok.

My coll who feels tat has amnaemic (dunno hw to spell) pregnancy. Later stage - her legs start to get some bruises cos nt enuff oxygen to go thru her body. Then wat she got was some med to help her feel better. Then her gyane taught her, to use a plastic bag then u breathe in & blow out frm tare whenever u feel tat.

ahger,
heehee.. sure can call me tat way.
happy.gif

wah to use plastic bag breathe in & out.. then more carbon monoxide, ok? I dunno why always feel heartbeat very fast, very breathless.. no stamina.. can't walk too much.. just ly down there or sit all the way. Maybe i never exercise lor.. even before preg, hb urged me to go jogging, i oso lazy to go.. now whole body yuan yuan liao... sigh..

Hi Ah ger..I also feel like eating burgers n fries..haha..but Im not working outside..so its home-cooked food..My tastes now are more extreme..I like the really sweet n the really salty..previously I wont like both..

cos when u hv a plastic bag u breathe in - there's more air trapped inside mah.

Carbon monoxide? tat one nt passed out by car one meh?

Maybe ur nx chk up u can tell ur gynae lor. Tat day I also told myself nx chk up need to ask my gynae something bt then nw I 4got wat I wanna ask liao.

Me las time also dun exercise mah - only do U-zap & then occassionally the figure twister & some sit ups.

Hw much wt hv u put on so far?

Barb - u wking also? Then no lunch?

Charis - me also - sweet - I will go for fruits. Bt then I tend to like more salty things - bt then salty = fries/ burger only nt for cooked food.

like those w/ more taste.

Bt I m lazy to walk to RP leh............ ha ha ha........

heeehee ahger, paiseh failed chemistry/physic. I mean carbon dioxide. ;p
I put on abt 2kg liao...
Working.. My coll helps me 'da bao'. lazy to go out.

Barbara
yeap, i am similar situation as u. actually i quite appreciate her becos she is very nice. bUt still i prefer to go after the kids on my own if possible. so hubby overseas posting allow me to at least look after my own bb for 1 year. I can be quite qing cai but i think i would rather work if i am in sg.. minimised the conflict... see less conflict less. :p

My hubby only wants 2, I see how.. actually I love kids.. I was thinking of 3... but then eek.. see this one how first.

Since I started on 1, I will try for another one b4 I stop.

bt again hv to c hw is my delivery process by then. Skali 2 scary liao then I will imm put a white flag in the hse to tell my hb! Ha ha ha..........

icy,
yar true, less contact less conflict. ;p You luv kids so much, 3 is good.

ahger,
yar, got to continue give birth if want more, else old liao quite difficult. I'm thinking the same too.. if really decide on 3, after successfully give birth next Feb, may rest for 1 yr then try again. ;p

Did u girl read the magazine Mother & Baby July issue? The family got 16 kids!! wah.. ang mo really can take it.

Hi barbara..

WOW! 16 kids..ang moh family is it?

Actually I know a local family, formerly from my church..who has currently 8 kids! Oldest is 16, youngest is 2. But they are all home-schooled.

Charis,
Yes, ang moh family. The wife looks even younger with each birth. In between they had 2 or 3 times twins (paiseh, magazine not w me). The oldest is 17yrs, youngest just born. Think husband and wife age not even 45.
The family u referred sound familiar to me leh.. my boss oso told us abt his church mate hving 8 kids.. all delivered by Dr kek from MEH.. dunno we r saying the same pple. My boss 4 children oso home-teach. Dunno abt his church mate.

Hi barbara..

Actually there is a group of locals here..who have big families n kids are all home-schooled..they have set up a home church I think..n some of them belong to a particular church.

I plan to home-school my kids too but only up to K2..have to go primary school..if not may miss out on the social aspect.

Back