(2007/02) February

chocbabe

Garfield,
I went to Ocean Park on a Monday.

Huskie,
Ryan is an annual pass holder cos the hotel got 35% off. So it's cheaper than if i get the normal rate hotel and the park passes individually.

He has the annual pass cos child annual pass is cheaper than adult annual pass. Yet the family will get to enjoy the discounts. My hub and i dun have the annual passes. No, the hotel is booked under my name, but we will still get the discounts to the rooms and f&b. If u stay in the hotel, you automatically get 2 day passes to the park, so no hurry to finish all the rides in 1 day.

garfield07

chocbabe, guess i was lucky. cos my fren also warn me. but frankly i saw them everywhere HK noe.

the thread seem so quiet noe... all on holi?

cherryale

We are back from our Goldcoast trip! Phew, thank God for a smooth trip. The kids were alright on the 7+hrs flight except ashley was restless on the return leg but we still managed to watch 2 inflight movies each
not bad I guess.

smurfy, i got all the party stuff from Trish, kidzparty, can call her 90309902. She is v friendly. Her two kids are about our kids' age too

Catz, am sure you will be fine! But its really quite a challenge to manage 20hrs flight. But 3 weeks hols, it will be so fun!!

I am already planning 2 more trips, a short trip in aug and another one to Bali in Oct. Next yr we will probably go on a longer trip now that we are more confident of handling the two kiddos on our own. I am really glad that we did it this time as previously we were always so reliant on the maid but it shows that we can do without one too. Of cos, its a LOT more tiring but at least we become real parents for the week.

jazzcy

Hi Cherryale, wow... u went Gold Coast with the 2 children w/o help from maid, parents or in-laws? Hmm... now, I am thinking if i should.

was planning to go Tokyo disney but only bringing Timothy along. but then everybody was like... how can u leave Jeremy at home with the maid only. Hmmm... i shd seriously consider Austrlia :) was it a free and easy holiday or a group tour?

smurf_ling

cherry
good for u
. i bet u must have more confidence in ur parenting skills after this trip.
great! now u can continue all ur holidays funs with the kids

oh.. i am getting the simple balloon package from kidzparty..$80.. i am getting my bannner frm babyterroronline though..

ur walking hello kitties balloons are just soo suited for the hello kitty theme.. too bad they dun have walking carebear balloons kekekeke.. and they have limited doggy design.

hey, u spent a boom for this party? coz ur balloons n decor seems alot

cherryale

jazzcy, dun leave jeremy behind at home. Am sure you can manage both. Of cos, hb has to help out a little. Have confidence in yourself ok? if i can, am sure you will have no problem too. Its free&easy more flexible but we arranged transfers everywhere we go so its easier.

smurfy, in total for her party I think I spent about 2k+ including catering, cake, photography, party decor, toys rental. But everyone had a good time, so it was good.

sophie

chocbabe,
Thanks for info. Ryan is a value pass holder?
Think I'll sign Soph up too, altho hotel has only 15% discount during the period i am going.

cherry,
It's a great feat to have done the trip all by yourselves!

jazzcy,
I agree with cherry - don't leave any kid behind. I was deemed "too young to travel" and was always left behind. Till now, still a bit sore about it :p

smurfy,
How's your maid issue coming along?

Catz,
Saw your pics on FB... I miss California lots!

OK girls, I'll be reading but won't be posting much... little Dave has chickenpox... hope maid doesn't get it too!

garfield07

huskie, poor Dave! take care too!

cherry, congrats! see everyone can do it 1... hehe in fact they behave better when they outside as new things to explore n see.

Jazz, dun leave no2 behind ley! poor thing 1...
i always say my fren who go holi w/o no2 till noe. not fair man... hahaha

smurf_ling

huskie
2 sentences.. "no luck", " i miss high classy".. this one told me on 2nd day.. agent told her after come back from ah-ma's place at 930pm to 10pm .. can rest oredi.. then i was thinking.. who is going to feed EQ and change her diapers, make her sleep?.. 4th day cry n ask me whether her friend can pass her a mobile phone coz she miss her son and using the mobile phone is the only way she will feel at ease while working in sg.

geezz.. all travelling.. will be outta my dictionary for a long long time... hb will soon be outta job.. whahahaha

garfield07

smurfy,
9.30p.m? rest earlier than me... keke
my maid still washing dishes... n 2 of us will be changing the kids at this time.

wat happen to hb? travelling also out for me now as no budget allocated.... sob sob. have to save for nxt yr!

omelette

<center>Free Soccer Trial Available for Children Aged 4-12</center>

Free Private Soccer Trial is also available upon request (with a min. of 15 children of the same age group at your own arrangement) at various locations.

For more info, visit http://www.firstkickacademy.com/ or i.firstkickacademy.com (for iphone user)

sophie

smurfy,
What happened to your hubby?
Anway, this week should be the end of my maid's career with me... today I just lost it with her.

Hey, is Ergo carrier really good?
I'm lookign for one that is easy to use and can use like a backpack... like how the Koreans carry their baby on their backs.

garfield,
Thanks... David has actually recovered well and fast too! Been only a week and he is totally recovered.. guess the old folks are right when they say good for kids to have it younger... altho I still think 8mths is a bit young to get chickenpox ;P

cherryale

garfield, havent had time to post on blog or FB yet. But I made it into a photobook before 30 june to take advantage of the free shipping.

smurfy, hopefully u will get a good maid eventually. A good help is really hard to come by.

smurf_ling

huskie

he problematic person lar.. think he dun wanna work oredi whahahhahaahaa...

ergo is good for me as a front carrier, when EQ needs to be carried alot.. she's very sticky child lar.

what happens to ur indo maid?

cherry/huskie
my maid woes never ends.. read my facebook ..2nd day at grandma's place come home tell us very hard to work with grandma.. she will try for one week.. wao biang, she's the boss or i am the boss now? then keep comparing her stint in saudi with us.. (employer brought her holidays to dubai 2x.. stayed in hotel 2weeks).. then tell us she got maid at home.. this woman can work lar.. but attitude problem lor.. hb told me to dong, but i bet she will want to go back agency soon ...

i very sianz oredi.. wanna cry can?

sophie

smurfy,
Read your FB... haha, I like Qy's comment "auntie, can you do housework?". Tods this age are so amusing

Hey, I remember Winnie's maid also has a maid back home in Fili yeah?

Thanks for info on Ergo. I'm getting the cranberry one too... not bad, the guy will actually deliver it to me this Fri! I'm thinking of carrying D on my back when I fetch Soph downstairs for schoolbus. Long flight of stairs (28 steps to be exact)... I don't want to risk a struggling D and falling down the stairs with Soph esp. on rainy days.

OK, my Indo maid: we found out she stole money (no proof so I cannot confront her). But I know cos I counted my money in the wallet and then found a $10 note missing. She lies to me she has no hp but actually has. When I caught her SMS-ing, I told her it's OK to have hp, but use it only after chores are finished at night, or when not looking after baby.
Yesterday I went out for a short while to view a sch with Soph, and came home unexpectedly early. Opened the gate and heard her yelp. I ran into the bedroom and saw her holding a struggling D by his waist and the other hand busy trying to stuff her handsfree set into her pocket... standing by the window, no doubt to look out for me coming home. Asked her what happened and she said D bit her... luckily she never drop D! I told her that's the end of my patience and since she abused my trust in her, I would like to keep her hp, and she refused... so I said, either give me the hp or she goes home... and she chose to go home.

So stressful - why do they abuse my trust in them? To think I treat her really well.

sophie

smurfy,
Forgot to add - hope you find a good maid.
Lots of my friends are opting for pt helper after terrible encounters with maids, but I think for both FTW parents, it's very difficult not to have maid.

My mum also having problems with my bro's 2nd maid. Maid always like to give milk bottle for 3-yr-old to the 9-mth-old baby, so poor baby always choke with the gush of milk and cannot drink properly. Her excuse: teats are all the same, regardless of size.

garfield07

oh god, all of u facing prob w maid. poor thing. hope u all get a better one soon. well all maids sure got flaws 1, but best is really love kids lor. cannot imagine they abuse... scary

sophie

garfield,
Actually I love this maid very much... almost like my own daughter!
Cos she is so good with kids and love children so much, I just close one eye and forget about the lie of not owning a hp etc. I also know she goes out without my permission to buy phonecards, but also close one eye.
Sometimes when I go out with her, I'll take care of the kids in some coffee place and ask her to go walk walk and shop around by herself.
If she chooses not to, I'll buy her her favourite iced-teh for her at those Toastbox places.

So very sad that she abused my trust by using hp when looking after baby. If only she said sorry that day, I would have forget about the whole thing. But she chose to go home instead

smurf_ling

huskie
i think it wwas jazzzy whose maid has maid oso.

u r just a sweet sweet lady lar.. being too nice to ur maid.. i think after high classy, it's simply employer, employee r/s. no personal talk. nothing extra.

a photo to perk up the day for everyday..
qiqi's birthday party last week

today's her actual birth-day
)

jas
paging for u.. ehh u shld be not working oredi right? busy with helping ur ex-boss? or busy with both kids and the pregnancy?

jazzcy

wow... so long that i haven't log in.

speaking abt maids, mine is really one up. She has just informed us 3 weeks ago that she is going to Canada to be a live in care-giver. She only has to work 8hrs a day @ CAD 10 per hour. 5 days work week and 1.5times overtime for any hours exceeding this. As she is living with the employer, her income as a caregiver is CAD 1200 per month. And Canda immigration law allows her to be apply for residency after 2 years there. See, such a smart maid... find an employer there herself without even going to maid agency. Amazing right?

Ok, as an employer, I had to let her go to Canada visa office on week days and y'day, even went to get bank draft for her. Wah, don't know how many more trips before they would issue her the work permit. Anyway, is my maid super good? No, she is not. Just that she is good with Jeremy. Smurfy, she naps every afternoon together with Jeremy and her day starts at 6.30am and ends at 9.30pm. On top of that, my neighbour told me that she would cook lunch for my neighbour's maid and they would have their lunch gathering at the common area downstairs. Anyway, I just close one eye, never chide her for anything but my No.1 rule is "No stealing".Told her that if she ever steal from our family, she is answerable to God and she will be sent back to Philippines immediately

so much about maids... I am changing job soon. changing to an office very near home... just 2 mrt stops away :)

kidzskidz

<font color="0000ff">Hi Mommies:</font> I've been following bt dint hv much 2 add. We dun use maid lor. Anyway, nxt yr we reg'd our gal for Nursery in Faith so she'l b in current CC til Dec. Letting her stay til she's done w her Christmas concert performance whc she thoroughly enjoyed last yr
Bt e situation @ her CC reali bad since last Oct/Nov w like 3 rounds HFMD, 2 rounds chkn pox, 1 headlice, even got H1N1... So she wld fall sick then pass bug 2 her Apr 09 didi. Spoke 2 frenz who's kidz in kindies &amp; they say infectious diseases situation nt so bad like CC. Also our decision was finally reached when I decided I won't go rejoin wkforce as earlier planned when B2 turns 18M. Wl c if kan get some wk 2 do fr home. So now B1's "future" settled, I'm "shopping" for PG for B2 in our Clementi/West Coast/Holland area.

Btw, I juz started B1 @ ireadnwrite.com.sg aft she attended FOC 1hr trial. Was veri impressed she cld read 5 words @ end of e trial. Plus itz a veri fun 1-2-1 format: coach child for 5mins, send child to play, then call child back agn 2 coach... There're like 2-3 grps of children @ e class so when B1 goes 2 play, she's got company + nt 2 mention loads of "new" toys! She luved it aft dat trial session so we signed up her 2 attend twice wkly for 1st term. If any1 interested note dat I got e 1hr free trial thru coupon fr Eduguide 2009/2010. Picked up a copy fr 7-11 for around $5 &amp; itz got lotsa info + coupons 2 utilise. Btw, there's a $40 referral fee prog for ireadnwrite. So if any1 do sign up, kan quote moi &amp; we split e fee?

jelly

Hihi mummies!!!

Smurfy, *waiving*,

Happy belated birthday to sweetie Qiqi!!! Hope she had a great birthday celebration!

You are right, I am helping my boss with his other personal business. But i have told him oredi, once my maid comes, I need to work from home as that will mean bring back the girls to take care at home myself with the maid's help.

And this morning the maid agency informed me my maid is in sg oredi and doing her work permit today! I was like pretty shocked and not prepared at all cos thot she will only come next month. So now have to decide when to go pick her up (we can choose to leave her with Nation meanwhile for training) and need to instal a sliding door at the bom shelter so that she can sleep inside, clear stuff from our bomb shelter and also to inform my aunt and the nanny.

Pray pray hard she will be an honest and willing to learn type. I have never engaged a maid before, hope won't be bullied by her instead. Haha...

So fast i m in 35 week oredi... Bb's head down but not yet engaged. Feel this time tummy is bigger and heavier and more pain to walk. Every nite after putting the gals to sleep, i feel like gg to deliver cos feel so suan whole body and difficult to breath when lie on my back.

Huskie, u are such an angel employer! So ur maid is back to the agent? Have u gotten another one?

Jazzcy, ur maid is really a street smart kind! Ya, guess we have to close one eye sometimes so long as they do their job and take care of the kids well.

garfield07

huskie, ya no choice if she abuse yr trust!
smurfy, happy bd to yr little gal! My gal also celebrate her bd this mth too! soon they be goin to kinder n then p1 liao... v fast 1

sunsweet

Hello mummies,

long time no see

i'm planning to send my gal to some language enrichment.

but I'm thinking.. english or chinese or both?

I've shortlist:
1) Berries vs. Tian Xia
2) GUG (early reading and writing) vs. Lorna Whiston (Speech &amp; Drama)
3) MMI (Accelerated Phonics) vs. Lorna Whiston (Study Ctr)

anyone has send your kids to either of the schools?

Whats your comment?

Currently Big J is in MMI daily class, she learns her phonics but not into blending yet... My thought is she can got for the accelerated class for phonics next year. Suppose is a 1:1 class to pick up reading fast.

If this is so, I will send her to a Chi Enrichment.. cause I think she does learn betterin class then at home where Lil J is disturbing her..

It will be sometime before I can sit both down for story/ study time without both crying cos lil one like to tear/ chew sis's book!

anyway a pic of my gals taken recently..

cherryale

hi everyone! Nice to see all the updates.

Smurfy, qiqi looked so sweet in her birthday dress.

Jazzcy, u are changing jobs?? WE MUST meet for lunch then! When?? Good to have an office near home though. Your maid is really smart!

Jelly, hopes your new maid will be a good one. She is Indo or Filo?

Sunsweet, I like the pic of your two kiddos! So nice.

Some updates on my side:
1) Maid - my current maid is ok, not fantastic but she likes my gal a lot and she is extremely proud of her. Eg. She will teach Ashley alphabets and body parts and when there are other people around, she will tell her to show and point where is her head, nose, eyes. Can see on her face that she is so proud of her as if its her daughter. She is also super good with time management, operates like a clock but sometimes too mechanical to the extent that she doesnt use her brain. Lastly, her housework and cooking sucks big time! Guess I just have to close one eye.

2) Looking forward to Ashton starting in his new school in sep. Supposed to start earlier but I have been extremely busy and wouldnt have time to help him to adjust to the new environment. Hopefully he will like the new place and new friends/teachers. Actually we find that his learning is a little behind his peers, but I guess everyone has their own pace and as parents we just have to help him along.

We should really have a gathering, it has been ages. I think when our first born were couple months old till now. Anyone keen? and suggestions? Maybe bbq?

smurf_ling

yoohooo
i am here.. just "missed" checking out this page :p.

garfield
:p ur lil gem is really a gem. i like peeping into ur blog to see her pics :p.. so sweet n dainty type.

cherryale
i think the priority is the maid loves the kids. but one question, if her cooking sucks... errr ashton alright w her cooking?:p .. hey, do u have menus set for the maid to prepare foods for ashton? if so, please share. i guess ashton will adapt well lor.. coz most kids settled in quite well. i must say, i am quite pleased w the school so far.. the teachers n principal makes an extra effort to remember the kids name.. i was in school the other day.. and was surprised when the "on-duty teacher" and principal greeted QY his name. do u know which class will ashton be? my guess is the first class.. where there is a mix of foreigners.

sunsweet
tat's a studio shoot or home shoot? the girls are dressed in similar clothings.. with fairy wings!!!!!...

jas
u must be 37wks now.. bag all prepared???? next time u can dressed ur 3 lil princesses like sunsweet's.. and take pics.. :p ur new maid from nation? shld be alright lar. good luck anyway. and have a good confinment

jelly

Hello mummies...

sunsweet, the photo was taken very nicely!!! Both your princesses look so much alike!

Haiz... My first maid disappeared after 10 days with us. Brought her for a family lunch in a JB restaurant last Sunday. She said she wanna go toilet then never return. Dunno she has planned to leave or been conned by bad people. We have filed police reports in both Msia and Sg but the chance of finding her is slim. Was really worried about her cos there is no sign of her wanting to leave and she did not bring a single thing including her personnel stuff. Tonite gg to Nation to see a transfer maid. If ok, then we will take her. But the loan which we paid for the 1st maid is not refundable loh. Almost S$3k ah... Sigh sigh...

Smurfy, YES, me 37 weeks oredi. Hubby still travels alot. So it's either the bb come out this weekend when her daddy is around, else gotta wait till 2 more weeks when daddy is back. My sisters and hubby's fren are in standby mode oredi just in case if bb decides to come out before he is back.

sunsweet

Smurfy,

I got the photos done at aloha Loyang chalet when were we there for my #2 1st b-day.. so its considered outdoor?

Its by a professional photographer.

Yup made the gers wear same dress with tutu and fairy wings..

Jelly,
Maid got lost in m'sia.. ghees.. either the maid is really frighten now or she is out on an adventure!!

re: gathering
I'm ok with a gathering but its a gathering with kids or without.. ??

smurf_ling

sunsweet
tat was a great choice. to have a photographer for the event, i so so regret not hiring one.

jas.
*pat*..why no refundable? coz run off? u took a transfer maid? phili or indo? good luck to ur 2nd maid...hope ur #3 will pop when ur hb is ard. u getting a cl this time round? how is childcare for ahxi and ahrun during this period

lala

Dear Mummies

wow glad to see some of us back..

I do not have any updates..currently still not planning for #2..so basically my life revolves ard cherish.

she just changed childcare centre two weeks ago. Her prev childcare was not very good and my hb and i was not very comfortable with one of the teachers there.

Sunsweet,

Big J and lil J really look alike! i also have not though of any enrichment classes cos i feel that during weekday she is already in sch for 8 hrs plus..weekend just let her enjoy.

Her cc place very heavy emphasis on speech &amp; drama and i hope she can learn from there..

cherryale,

i believe ashton will be able to adapt fast since he has schooling experience.

garfield07

jelly, poor u! act it bit frightening tat she really left w/o takin any personnel belonging i.e passport too??

smurfy, Thanks for the kind comments. Gem is act not so girly n sweetie hahhaha only sweetie to her papa... she likes to tease us n act like a boy. the other day i wanna tok sense to her after she did something wrong, u know what she did, she refuse to see my face! end up she look up towards ceiling. v rebellious gal ley.

cherryale

Smurfy u are right it's the first class. Yes one of the reason for me to decide on the sch was how the kids love the principal when she walked me around the school. Hopefully he will adjust well to the new friends and teachers.

My maid doesn't really cook.ashton's dinner is prepared by mil maid or mil. She only cooks the porridge which consists of soup stock that we boil every week. But starting next yr I will ask her to cook dinner since both kids in sch and she will b v free. Mostly will be cooked using the multi tier steamer such as steamed minced pork, fish kind of dishes. Ashton is china man lah so he only takes Chinese food while Ashley eats all kind of food like pasta pizza

jelly

Smurfy, the loan is not refundable cos the maid run away/disappear not becos we return her for another maid. But the maid agency quite nice to give us a FOC change of maid. This one looks pretty innocent and does not look as smart as my previous one. Hubby said better not to get a too smart one who might turn out schemy. Just hope she is good at housekeeping, honest and hardworking.

Ya, my CL for my #1 &amp; #2 will come and help me again this time and I will still be doing confinement in JB. Xi will stay with my aunt as she needs to go school. As for Ru, initially thot of bringing her back to JB but now think better put her with the nanny during my confinement.

Garfield, yes, she did not bring a single thing with her, even left her diary in our place. We asked the hotel where we had lunch to look at their CCTV from 1 to 5pm but they also could not see my maid. Haiz... Actually I hope she run away rather than been conned by bad people. At least I feel better to know that she left us out of her own will not becos we brought her to JB then met bad ppl and followed them away.

jazzcy

jelly, oh dear... what an experience with maid. Hope that your 2nd one will be fine... at least fine to the extent that we find it acceptable to close one eye.

cherryale, sorry didn't meet u as my last day was last Fri and I wasn't working much that week. Been sick... coughing real bad till last friday.

yes, yes... i am all for a gathering. how about we meet at a restaurant for a start? easier to organise lah. of course, i am also keen to have bbq but it may mean more work for the organiser ;-)

Hi,

Apologies for posting in your thread.. but am..

1. Urgently in search of many tins of Enfapro A+..

If you've any to sell, pls pm me.. Budget's ard $10+- for the 400g tins..

2. Haenim Play Yard 6 panels (usu'd have 2 activity panels, 1 door, 3 plains with connectors) and ok with 4 panels too..

Budget's ard $100+- for the 6 panels

3. Steriliser
Looking for Pigeon Rapid Steam Steriliser

Budget's ard $20 to $30.. hopefully no rust..

4. Safety Gate needed to fit doorway of at least 118 cm..

Budget's $30++

5. Twin Stroller, just need one tt works, so on v tight budget constraint..

Pls pm me if you've any of the above tt ya letting go..

Thanks v much in advance! =)

jsmommy

halow gals.. pregnant with #3 and expected to deliver mid jan next yr, close to CNY... looking for a confinement nanny...any of ur past ones to recommend? good cook and take gd care of bb....rate has to be below 3k...CNY rate is scary now...

chocbabe

wah rachel... congrats to u and jason!

hats off to you
hope you'll get a princess this time so you'll have lots of fun dolling her up.

garfield07

congrats rachel! so many here having 3's ah... v brave mummies

jelly, ya just hope nothing bad happen to her... scary thot...

hope yr new maid is good.

cherry,
there a place which i wanna try 1 day. it at tanglin, called tanglin treehouse or something. it a place where we can have food n drinks while the kids can play at the treehouse or garden. Soemwhere near tanglin mall. anyone knows? wanna try?

bbchic

sooo miss here too!!!...

sunsweet!
the photo is BEAUTIFUL!! v warm!!

jelly,
you pop le ma???

hahah wanted to come in to annouce for rachel..she came in first liao...hehehe..

Me keen on meet up too!!! anyone organising muz mass PM hor..

smurf_ling

Fat Babe
Yes she did!

Jas
cOngrats for the healthy delivery of #3 princess
have a great confinement

rachel.
wow.. #3 on the way? congrats congrats.

fatbabe
when are u going to join ur bestie ?:p

huskie
wat news are u hiding from us???

sophie

Rachel,
Congrats!

smurfy,
No lah, nothing to hide... just didn't feel inspired to update blog that's all.

jelly,
Sorry to hear about your experience with the maid. Hope she is not conned and being human-trafficked.
Hope your new one is OK.

Have you popped?

Sunsweet,
The picture is very nice. Which photograhper did you hire and how much is the package?

chara

Hi ladies!!

Long time never chat with u all..so nice to hear good news too!
Been really busy with 2 kiddos and freelance work.

Rachel..Congrats on no. 3! Hope will be a gal yup? Haha.

Jas..Popping anytime rite?! All the best, smooth delivery and confinement!

Im all for gathering too! Sunday better please!!

jsmommy

Thank you gals.. yea hope is a gal... doing my scan on 15th then will know =p..

Should we do a childrens day gathering?
can do at my place..at loyang valley...3oct? anyone?

kidzskidz

<font color="0077aa">Hi mommies:</font> I've been silently following since I last popped in 2 say "hello". So fast, our Feb '07 bbs 3.5Y liao. Mine gal is born 17 Feb &amp; is now 97cm tall. Ppl kp commenting she's tall 4 her age, some even tink she in K1/2. Anyway, cross 90cm no more free buffet lor + when I do take bus &amp; train w her, gotta move qwikly