(2006/12) December 2006 MTBs

dey,
haha i try not to over eat lor..my baby is growing well and is average size leh.. if eat too much the weight is kept in your body not baby..
so no point over eating...baby grow by few grams only not kg..so don't assume you gain weight is baby's weight.

catherine... but if ur tummy gets bigger better buy maternity clothes lor... hee...
ya try not to overeat.. is ur appetite v good now?

I agree ..the toughest part is to rid of the fats after that...

My gynae did not give me any multivit..just some folic acid for now.

hi berry,
hee, the edd is calculated based on last menstrual period, definitely not accurate one. i read somewhere that not many pple actually give birth on the edd. hm... how come u r also 6 wks, when muahchie n i r also 6 weeks n our edd r a week b4 yours? so confusing?

hi muahchie,
yup, the sac is just 0.73cm. what abt urs? do you know the size of your sac already?

hi dey,
seeing and hearing the baby's heartbeat is v. exciting.
happy.gif
when's your due date? think u can hear the baby's heartbeat after 3 weeks of gestation. hee, i'm like u, my tummy is bulging out too.

catherine, dun hv to be scared. i walked into bliss n swell in paragon even though i'm not showing too. the salesgirls just let me browse. i must say bliss is v. expensive!

och, ya i think diff gynae diff way of counting EDD i guess...
i haven hear my bb heartbeat yet... hope can hear it this week...
your tummy or lower abdomen bulging out out? actually i v blur...is it tummy bulging?

Och, my edd is on the 11th Dec. Does that mean i should be hearing my BB heartbeat now I am in my 5th week? This is really exciting..

Serene, the photos will show? goodness.. i didnt even know that. let me go back and check tonite okie?

i'm eating folic acid only too.

hi berry, now it's the lower abdomen bulging. the uterus starts migrating upwards later, so stomach will only bulge out later.

catherine, u r like my friend, she only put on 2kg for her pregnancy! actually the weight doesn't just come fr baby, there's still amniotic fluids, uterus, breast expansion etc etc. some pple put on a lot of weight, but it goes to amniotic fluids n other parts.

ya dey, read in books that babies heart starts beating abt 21-22 days after conception, that's 5 weeks if u ovulate on time. think u can hear baby's heartbeat on ur next scan.
happy.gif
it's v. exciting to hear the heartbeat so loud n clear. like serene said, the size of sac, the week etc r all in the photo.

not so leh.. i did my scanning on my week6. cant even see my bb heart beat.. can see my sac growing from 0.5cm to 1.2cm. tis sat will b my 7week plus. hav appointment wif gynae. hope to see n hear my bb heart beat..

hello all,

thanks for all your gongxi!!! though worried about being pregnant so soon... am starting to feel the inner joy instead.

berry, i was having bad sorethroat last week and before the gp wanted to prescribe me antibiotics, he just casually asked me if i was pregnant, and i said no. that's reflex answer. furthermore my period was due last week.. so theoretically still havent miss period yet. but then i consulted hubby n we thought better to just make sure. so bought Clearblue and was in a state of shock that it was positive, and so went back to the doctor again to do a confirmation check and also to check if the antibiotics is safe for pregnant woman. That's how i found out i am pregnant... totally unplanned and unprepared! oh.. the gp did prescribe me with folic acid...

still havent settle wedding bills, now have to think about ante natal care, baby stuff etc etc... can be quite worrying lor..

anyway i have been browsing through the forum, saw a recommendation of gynae in tampines.. so will check that out...

very glad to have found this forum to be able to share, and learn from each others...
happy.gif

starluster,dont keep worrying ok?everything will be fine..u must take care of yourself at this time since u know u are preg...
slowly settle ur financial issues... 1 by 1... having a baby is still a joy... must stay cheerful..
ya i'm glad to find such a forum too... we can help & learn from each other, also encourage each other...

berry,
the website is www.sassymomc.com.sg Enjoy browsing..

Catherine,
Lucky u...Not all MTM can have such blessing. I for one is on the FAT side. Exercise for 6 mths before wedding date to slim down. Now going to put on weight again.

och,
Gong xi gong xi and welcome to dec MTB club
happy.gif

Muahchie,
I actually start using body lotion all over the body. Hand, legs, backside, tummy n even breast. Super KS hor..hehehe
...Only worry is that the lotion may affect breast thus the milk....Will check with gynae...

hmm.. seems like a few of us here get married less than a year.. wondering how old u gals r and hav ttc for how long? or didnt plan it??

mi start ball rolling.. married for half a year. 26 tis year. start ttc for the 1st time.. never expect to strike at 1 time..

hi good morning to all mums2be,

i found out i was pregnant lastnite using preg test kit. feeling really very scare now coz duno wat to expect and wat to do next.
however im glad to be able join you gals as Dec mommies, hope im right with the month. else i may have to migrate.

Ivy,
U wake up so early? Gosh, i am still sleeping. Gong xi gong xi and welcome to dec MTB club. Maybe you want to see a GP and get some folic acid 1st before your appt with a gynae
happy.gif

Serene,
Guess i am the oldest 1st time MTB, 31 this year. Just got married last dec and like u ttc for less than 2 mths and strike liao. Guess we are lucky lor, cause got GF that try for more than 6 mths but still not news.

Hello all mommies to be

Wah, i missed so many postings!

Ok for all who want to know where to buy Happy event stretch mark cream, u can get it at Watsons. Go to those big watsons, u will be able to find. Its very cheap, around $10 a bottle, if i remember correctly. Jackie, i am like u lor, i apply everywhere too! haha.. stretchmark creams are moisturisers anyway, so it does not matter if we apply at more areas than the usual 'prescribed' area, I believe.

Och, ur sac is a good size i think. Mine is very small leh, the last time i had a scan, which was during my emergency trip to KKH, it was only 2mm. So So small. But the docs said can see the heartbeat. I will be visiting my gynae this Sat, hopefully the sac will be bigger then.

Serene, i am 28 this year. I got married last year March, found out that I was preggie in July, and terminated my pregnancy in Dec due to baby's problems. 3 half mths later, I am pregnant again. Both times I did not plan for it, so both are surprises for me.The last time when I was pregnant, many people told me that i shd have waited and spend more couple time before i conceive, but personally I do not believe in it. I think husband and wife can still have couple time after baby, if they make an effort to. No matter wat, I am thankful, because many people tried for years with no success and for us, it just happened.

Welcome Ivy to our thread!

Catherine, just go in to those shops and shop! Buying maternity wear is a very joyful event!

Berry, today u r back at work eh? Hope all goes well.

hehe thanks for the encouraging to step into maternity shop.....

Hmm.. i see most of you only taking folic acid that means u have not reach 8 weeks?
cos after my 8 weeks my doctor gave me folic acid and multivitamins.. when you reach 3mths that is 10 week doctor will start giving DHA Fish Oil, multivitamins+folic acid in it n calcuim..

http://www.pregnancyguideonline.com/

you all can go to this webside to show you week by week how your baby grow..

muahchie...thanks..i'm back at work... feels alright...

ivy,congrats & welcome... don't worry u still can stay here even not in the right mth... juz relax... u can visit the gynae to get folic acid...

i'm going to turn 28 this year... rom for more than a yr... AD during Jan06... i ttc after my AD, but only last mth i try to count my ovulation dates and really hit...
we have been living tog in our new home after we rom...so already 1 year of er ren si jie...

hey jackie, thanks for ur gongxi.
happy.gif

ivy, congrats n welcome!

serene, i'm 30 this yr, married for 3.5 yrs. not all of it was couple time though, since we were posted overseas quite often. i was pregnant 2 yrs ago, foetus would hv been borned on christmas. i was working 16hr days then, so that was an unplanned n unexpected pregnancy. at 9wks, foetus was found to hv no heartbeat n at 10wks, foetus was not growing. case was classified as a missed abortion n pregnancy was terminated in june 04. b4 my body recovered, i was sent overseas. came back in sept last yr n started ttc'ing this jan.

i just realised i said this was my first pregnancy in my 1st post. so sorry abt that. i meant to type second, dunno why it came out as first.

muahchie, think the sac grows v. fast now. serene's sac is 1.2cm liao n her edd is just a few days b4 ours. i'm sure ur sac must hv grown by quite a bit. let us know how the scan goes ok? has ur spotting stopped?

hey berry, take care of yourself ok.

r any of you experiencing nausea? my nausea comes n goes all day long n it's really affecting my appetite.

so happy to be here, everyone is so friendly. tis forum ll help to ease my fear and anxiety for the next 9mths. thks.

hi jackie and berry, thks for your advice ll go and get folic acid 1st.

ya lor Jackie, i woke beri early rite.. i guess either im too excited or too scare, i duno.

hi gals,

im new to this thread here. i just found out im pregnant again last friday, thru ivf program..dunno exact due date yet, but it should be ard dec..this is my 2nd pregnancy since i lost my triplets last nov so feeling really excited again and be able to move on to a new beginning..next friday will know if im carrying 1 or 2 babies..anybody who's doc is from gleneagles? mine previously was kkh.

och, then u have to take extra care of yourself this time... rem to rest more... especially during 1st trimester...

ivy, we all can learn from each other here also...

puipui80, i think i read your post somewhere frm MC thread... sorry to hear abt your last preg...
so this time u got to take extra care also... how many mths r u preg?
congrats and happy that 1 more MTB to join us here...

Congrats ladies!!!

I was a Dec mummy too. My son is now 3yr 4 mths. Dec is a nice time to do confinement cos the weather is nice and it's the holiday season.
happy.gif

Now, i'm a June MTB...counting my days til delivery
happy.gif

For both my kids, i plan for them to be born during school holidays so that they can enjoy their birthdays!

Hi all, im abt 5 weeks preg now and EDD is 10th Dec...

Haven decide on a gynae yet..but i also not sure if i shld hv it...Anyone who has no hse, no savings and no PILs to help but kept their babies?....

when shd we go for 1st appmt? coz my 1st one i went when i was 5weeks.. cant detect heart beat. shd i wait till abt 8 weeks then visit gynae?

hi gals,

mine is oso abt 5 weeks now..wow, looks like we are all abt the same timing..peppermint, was ur baby heartbeat detected at 5 weeks? able to get edd oredi?

wendy, i think 6 weeks plus onwards should be able to detect heartbeat, im goin for my scan next week coz doc say onli ard 6 wks onwards then can see..

are u all having any weird symptoms, im not having any at all leh, except i cant stand brushing my teeth in the morning, the smell or taste of the toothpaste just puts me off..other than tat nothing, so alittle worried leh.

Hi PuiPui

Dun tink can hear heartbeat now bah, haha..my GP say now mayb not even able to scan it..my EDD 10th Dec but only estimated by askin my 1st day of my last mth's menses lor...dun tink its accurate one ;D

I haven decided on a gynae yet..even pte or govt one i also duno..i juz feel constantly tired and not much appetite..Juz feel like cement..tiring..

PuiPui, so u r ready 2 hv ur bb? u were trying for one isit?

peppermint, dont worry too much ..."chuan dao qiao tou zhi ran zi". 4 yrs back, my hub badly wanted a bb then but i did have doubts having bb no1 cos i wasnt prepared mentally and financially but after 3 years, i feel that he is the BEST thing God has ever given me in my life
happy.gif

Hi Tinklebell

But prob is, we have no hse & little savings..plus our PILs will not b able to help out..i duno hw am i gg to pay for hse, nanny, baby, furniture etc..it'll be never ending bills...hw did u cope? im rather confused rite now..my parents werent v hapi...

hi peppermint,

i oso starting to feel really tired, but very anxious abt tis baby..i hope it will be a singleton cause it will be easier to carry but even if i end up with twins, i will still be very happy cause i tried so hard..ivf is really very painful and stressful for my tis 2nd attempt. so was pretty worried when i read tat some experienced nausea at 5 weeks liao but i havent, my appetite like sometimes so big but now like getting smaller liao.

are u staying with ur parents now? mm, i believe tat once u carry ur baby in ur hands, everything will be worth it..so try not to worry too much. for furniture and clothes, u can try to get 2nd hand by asking some friends and relatives..u dun really need to get expensive things like sterilizer, my friend just uses a pot of boiled water to sterilize her bottles and just cotton wools tat she wets with onli plain water to clean her baby..so alot of little things cut here and there can help to save alot of money.

Hi PuiPui

I see..u mus b so hapi rite?? I reali admire women like u who are willing to go thru so much 2 hv babies...i dun hv dat kind of courage..

Both my hubby & I live with my parents cos his own plc already occupied by 5 ppl. Plus his workplc only 10mins from my hm so it makes sense to stay in mine.

We've been tryin to get a flat but i hv to say getting a new flat is quite difficult..I find waiting for HDB to release flats ev mth super demoralising.

My parents wan us to move out & get our own plc..both side not able to help. I wan & hv 2 continue 2 work but lidat hw?? I dun wish to b laden with debts cos of this bb but at e same time, i cun bear 2 abort...

wow suddenly so many posts...
welcome wendy,tinklebell,peppermint...

wendy, i went to gynae on my 6wks..coz i first time MTB...abit KS...

peppermint, sad to hear abt ur case... can u talk 2 ur mum 1st abt stayin at her hse while u all looking for a new flat? dun abort it... i'm sure after more efforts, u all can put it thru and have a lovely baby...

tinklebell, so muz b excited abt ur June bb hor? how u feeling now?

actually some women dun experience the symptoms... only some pple will... really depends one...

peppermint, u can rent fr HBD also if i am not wrong. i have some relatives who rent 2 room flat for <$100/mth. Not sure if the rates r still as low. maybe u can check out.

as for furniture, clothes etc... can get hand me downs... if yrs is a boy, i'll be glad to pass u my boi boi's clothes.

dont worry too much. Think on the positive side... at least u dont have a house to burden u with the additional commitment. As long as u and ur hubby work hard, i'm sure u'll be able to live comfortably.

Welcome ladies!!!

Hi Puipui, sorry to hear abt your previous pregnancy. Now as a MTB myself, I can understand the pain u hv gone through. Do take good care of yourself this time.. u hv all of our support here.

Hi Peppermint, Pls dun think abt abortion. I am sure things can be work out. You can always engage a nanny to look after yr baby if u intend to continue with your work in the future..BTW I dun hv a hse too, currently staying with my in laws. Though my parents have volunteered to help out with the baby, i may want to engage a nanny as my workplace is too far away from where my parents stay. Anyway.. we hv another 9 mths to sort things out...

berry, i'm feeling tired now... opps hope not to scare any of u... but 3rd tri is tiring... like carrying a BIG watermelon lor.

if anyone of u want to go for holiday, i would recommend middle of second tri. I went for mine at beg of third tri... but the risks were higher. but i did enjoy myself very much.

peppermint,
i also got financial problems..you can try get baby's products bit by bit when u get ur salary.. don't really have to get expensive stuff for baby.
i never buy those expensive milk bottle for baby also..i just buy normal..
clothes furniture i also buy bit by bit when i think its affordable...
don't worry ok? thinklebell is right you can rent a 2 room flat from HDB..if you don't want to stay with parents.

tinklebell.. i already know the consequences of having a big tummy... guess i have to endure it... tats why now i can feel why pple always say mum are always the most wei da...

peppermint, u can rent a room first lor...if really no choice... dun think too much... things will come to a good end...

i think baby prdts can get later part..or can see ur friends can pass 2 u or not... anyway bb stuff v fast cant use liao... use awhile only...

like what some of them mention, can engage day time nanny, when bb's older,can send to childcare...

actually having a bb really not ez...in terms of financially or mentally... but if 2 persons are trying hard,i think every problem also can be solved easily... have to really save up a bit once have baby lo...

Hi Berry

We did tok but dey prefer us to move out cos no matter wat, having a baby under the same roof will affect them also...hai..i juz feel reali sad dat they dun seem to understd..of cos i can stay but b4 baby comes,i need to move out..

Hi Tinklebell

Ya, i heard of renting b4 but seems like got salary ceiling dat kind..i will try to ask see how
happy.gif
If my parents willing to let us stay whn bb is born,i still wun feel so bad but nw its like, dey wan us out asap, i juz feel v sad...

Hi Catherine

Mayb from young, i already hv alot of things to pay, so now, i tot when i finally have my own life, i can control everything but nw with a baby, its like all my plans haywired..I'm not sure if i can gv it the best loh...but i noe i cun bear to abort also..too cruel and i tink my hubby will kill me 1st..I'll try asking HDB, hoping can reali rent despite our combined salary..

Hi Dey

Ya, got tink of hiring a nanny too..guess im those paranoid type. Wat if i get a lousy nanny or wat rite? plus havin a nanny means $ again..I see those couples with 2, 3 kids, reali pei fu them!!! Duno hw they cope...

Peppermint,

Dun worry so much. I am sure there will be alot of recommedations for a good nanny in this forum
happy.gif
what u need to do now is to be a happy MTB and rest well...

Hi Dey

Thanks for ur encouragements
happy.gif
I hope so too..i'm so nervous, to be frank, i'm so afraid of the pain from childbirth...arent u ladies afraid at all??

hi wendy,

my gyne is dr foong at o&amp;g partners in gleneagles..my tis 2nd attempt ivf is by him..so far i find him really caring so i will stick with him lor..i did think of changing to tis dr called henry cheng, heard he really good but i find it really troublesome cause my tis dr foong oredi pumping me with injections and medications to help support my tis pregnancy so like very le che to change..ur doc at kkh is who? my gyne used to be dr shiela loh at kkh as well but always cannot tahan her waiting time of min 2 to 3 hrs cause so many paitients..

peppermint, see u have so many sisters ard u to help u and give u encouragement so dun give up okie? u will find a way to cope with everything..i always see invites from hdb for the sale of 3 room flats in matured estates, but they are onli for low income earners..my brother bought 1 in ang mo kio under such a scheme..maybe u can try asking hdb abt it..

for me i know i cant take epidural cause they tried many times to give me 1 a few times before but my back was 'technically' unable to administer the meds..so i had to deliver the babies naturally, it wasnt so bad actually..its all in the mind so dun worry hor..but i may plan for a c-section tis time lor.

Hi PuiPui

Our combined income cun buy 3room also..at least must buy a 4room loh. Dats y quite troublesome..its like, not 'poor' enuf to buy small flats but its not as if we v rich also..

Epidural?? Sounds scary..but natural delivery is like so painful to me..i hear abt the doc cutting down there i feel like fainting already. Im considering to juz go for c-section but frens tell me take longer to heal and more ex. But i dun wish to be 'loose' also..dumb rite?

Back