(2006/12) December 2006 MTBs

aqua..thanks.. ya be hardworking den we can be mummies tog...
thats lucky of u.. my nausea is those like wanna vomit but nothing vomits out tat kind...

sounds bad...I also very scared that kind of feeling...yep will be more hardworking!
happy.gif
Also asked skylar to be more hardworking already.
happy.gif

ya skylar told me abt it also.. she trying soon...have asked her to join me soon...
u experienced liao hor? so i can ask u for help la?

hahah can can no probs...this time round me like more difficult to get preggie...my menses cycle not so accurate already...hard to tell when is my ovulation...last time very accurate...sure 28 days one.

oh.. i also try for 3 mths den hit... really must count ovulation days..if not even tough... some of my friends buy the ovulation kit to test...heard its quite accurate...

Berry, Serene, okasan,
Think i will skip all hair treatment and facial at the moment. Better be safe than sorry lor. Just went to KK A&E with my SIL this afternoon. Suddenly the feeling of lossing the BB is so real. Really scary lor....

dey,
Dont worry so much abt the size of your sac cause your ovaluation may be much later than your last menst date. More important is that the BB is growing
happy.gif

Hello,

Just discovered I'm positive last week, due on 15 Dec. Still in a state of shock coz I just got married last month!

What should I do now? Search for gynae? My gp and colleagues told me that no need to see gynae till I'm 3 months pregnant... is it true? Seems like all of you already found your gynae...

hi starluster,

congrats to u.. welcome to dec mtb..
normally people will see gynae when they are abt 7 to 8 weeks as u will b able to see or hear your bb heartbeat by then..
some 1st time mtb like mi, abit kaisu.. i go see gynae at my week 5.

If u r feeling alright, no constant cramps or no see red, i tink u can see gynae at week 7 or 8.

Hihi

I jus tested myself last nite & got a positive result too..i'm only 23 & wonder if im too young? We dun hv a flat yet too...hmm..

Starluster, tink shld see doc cos i hv cramps & spotting a few days before also & i'm seeing a doc tonite...

Serene,
Cause my SIL see red when urine....So 1st thought is to see doc....And it afternoon, so can only see A&E lor....God bless, everything is fine. Doc give some pill to stabilise BB....
happy.gif

Starluster & wenzhu,
Gong xi gong xi and welcome to dec MTB club.

starluster,
Not too sure when is the best time to see gynae cause most of us are 1st time MTB. Guess we are too kan jiong and want to see gynae asap for peace of mind
happy.gif

Wenzhu,
It good that you give birth early. Can slim down faster as well..N most important of all you will have the energy to chase after the little devils
happy.gif

starluster & wenzhu, congrats...

starluster,i also got married during Jan only... if u feel nothing wrong,u can see gynae maybe on wk 7? i went to visit gynae when i'm wk 6 coz i got cramps..btw,how come u know u r due on 15 Dec?

wenzhu, like what jackie say, give birth early is good leh... i wish i can give birth early too but haven found the right man when i was your age..hee

okasan, how u feeling today?

Hello Mummies-to-be

Wow so many posts. I am actually prescribed complete bed rest by my GP yesterday after I discovered that I was spotting last Sat and it still continued on and off even after the medication. So i will be resting at home for the rest of this week. Jackie - I think ur SIL case is similar to mine, ask her to rest and not walk around too much. No Squatting esp.

Starluster, I think u can start seeing a gynae alreadi. Persoanlly I think its too late to wait until u r 3 mths, cos lots of thigns can happen within that 3 mths! The gynae will be able to give u advise & monitor the growth of ur foetus. I am like Serene, once I missed my menses I quickly rushed to my doctor for confirmation, advise and folic acid. :)

Wenzhu,if spotting and feeling cramps, its better to see a doc. Do it fast ok?

Berry, 9 mois is at Paragon too. Can also try other shops at Paragon level 5 ( I think) such as Swell. Lots of trendy maternity outfits, but they're not cheap!

hi muahchie...
u also resting at home? actually i been resting since last week...will be goin back work tmr...
my mil also ask me dun carry heavy things all that.. maybe coz gynae wants me to stay home and rest...
ya folic acid is impt...
i think i buying those clothes nxt mth.. ya not cheap... a pants can cost 90 over bucks...

Good morning ladies.

Starluster, Congrats!!! I think it is a blessing to able to be a mother so soon! I got married about 10 months ago and this is the greatest anniversary gift for me and hubby
happy.gif

Wenzhu, Congrats too! Welcome to Dec MTB!

Serene, i was given a photo of the sac. Looks really small to me. In fact, the doc had to do a Vscan for me cos it is really small to be seen through the tummy.

There is also a boutique at Paragon called Blisse..they hv nice maternity wear too.

I could feel my tummy getting bigger too. Not sure if it is the baby or the wind. Gynae said i hv lots of wind in the tummy. Been feeling really bloated these few days

Berry, She gave me 2 photos in all. If she didn't give me, most prob i will ask for it cos I wanted to keep these scan photos and compile them into a scrapbook for my baby
happy.gif

dey, maybe i shall ask her this sat for the photo...

i also realise my tummy got alot of wind... i keep burping too...but worst thing is the wanna vomit feeling...

berry, who is your gynae? Mine is Dr Lisa Chin from gleneagles.

By the way, when do we hv to decide which hospital we want to deliver at?

muachie,
Thank for the advise, will keep my SIL update...Come to think of it, she does squat alot while sweeping the floor.....Do take good care of yourself too
happy.gif

berry,
Saw from the website of "sassy mum" that their clothing are quite nice and $ reasonable too. $25 for pant. Last saturday went down to paragon and pass by swell located at 5th floor...But pai say to go in cause still no tummy yet
happy.gif

berry,
feeling sleepy lately...maybe coz of the growing belly
happy.gif

starluster,
some people see gyna only 3mth later coz gynae is ex loh, so save money.....but I prefer to see gynae to confirm my preggy asap...beside, gynae will also prescribe u with floic acid which is most impt during the first tri!!

kao_blush.gif
<font size="+2"><font color="aa00aa">Dec MTBs</font> </font>
kao_blush.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>pokemon</TD><TD>26/11/06</TD><TD>Dr Lim</TD><TD>Mt A </TD></TR><TR><TD>Serene (coolman)</TD><TD>30/11/06</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Muahchie</TD><TD>1/12/06</TD><TD>Dr Tony</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jacqueline (dogggies)</TD><TD>5/12/06</TD><TD>Dr Kek Lee Phin</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>berry (merryberrys)</TD><TD>8/12/06</TD><TD>Dr Theresa Cheng </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>starluster </TD><TD>15/12/06</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>dey </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>wenzhu (c1tyger) </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

jackie,whats the website for sassy mum?
ya i went to see maternity clothes pple just stared at my tummy... but i very KS went to buy stretch mark cream liao...

okasan, sleepy huh? does ur bb reject certain foods at this moment?

wah you all so KS haha so fast buy maternity clothes?
i now 20 weeks i still wearing normal clothes, cos tummy not obvious leh...

hi, hi,
can i join you? i'm 6wks 2d pregnant, edd is 2/12. first pregnancy too. i'm seeing dr mary rauff from nuh. just had a vscan today, saw n heard my baby's heart beating.
happy.gif

hi starluster, i agree with the rest. there is greatest risk of miscarriage in the first trimester, so it's impt to get advice fr gynae, check if baby is growing well, heart is beating n get the necessary medicines like folic acid. even if u have not shortlisted a gynae, it's a good idea to buy folic acid n take it first.

hi och... welcome...
seems like many dec mtb... thats good... hehe...
dec is festive mth...
my edd is 8/12.. much later than u...though i'm also 6 weeks dunno how many days preg...
but i think edd is not really accurate...

Hello Berry, Oh u r resting at home too? Are u glad to be go back to work tomorrow? I am literally working from home. Kept checking my emails for correspondances. Oh, btw, u can start using stretchmark cream u know, no need to paiseh cos its ur body. I used a cheap but good one called "Happy Event". U know my case, the last time even thou I carried only till 5 mths, my baby quite big but I realised that after i lost the weight, there are no stretch marks! SO start using early.

Catherine, u must be the slim slim kind. Its good u know, easier to lose back the weight post pregnancy. I am those that put on weight even by drinking water. I was on a diet when I realised I was preggie, so I got to drop the diet and start eating normally. And within 3 weeks, whoa...I put on 3 kg!! SO sad....

Hi och, how big is ur sac? Did ur doc measure and let u know? Our EDD very close ah, mine is 1 Dec. I am 6 wks and 3d preggie...haha.

Welcome Och..u can hear your baby's heartbeat already? It must be really great to hear the heart beat of your baby. I am going to the gynae next week again. Hopefully the gynae can let me hear the baby heartbeat too!
happy.gif

ya... im happy to be back... but also afraid of the stress too..
i bot galenic from guardian..it say start using after 3 mths...so actually i can use now?
i also put on lotsa weight after my AD...plus now preg... have to lose alot after give birth...

Hi Berry, yah, can use now. No problem. The sooner u use, the earlier u condition ur skin. Unless of cos the kind u use is very pricey and u dun want to keep replenishing stock. If not, go ahead! I very kiasu, i apply even on my thighs, and where areas where i will put on, so everywhere also wun get stretch marks! haha.

You ladies starting on stretchmark cream already? Does it have to be stretchmark cream specifically or those over the counter firming cream will do the trick? I will most prob start after my tummy starts to show..My weight did not increase that much. Maybe fluatuate between 1kg or so..My in laws has been pressurising me to eat more..especially rice cos i dun really take alot of rice...if i start to take rice regularly, i will most likely to put on weight too..

muahchie,
i not slim slim type lar i also those plus size one.. plus size ppl don't show much on tummy...anyway i try not to overeat..i eat only normal meals and some biscuits. i also try not to eat supper unless i hungry..
actually you all tot got baby must eat alot.. actually not true lor.. eat the minimium amount can liao.. don't over eat not good for baby also..

muahchie,where did u buy the happy event cream??
i also think galenic exp... some other brand even more exp...

dey, my friend who had gave birth to 2 kids told me stretch cream is a must...

ya..I also heard from somewhere that stretchmark cream is a must too.

Muahchie, I also want to know where u buy your happy event cream.

berry, i am plus size my skirts cannot squeeze in liao but i bought 2 size bigger skirts..
but i still can squeeze my jeans in......haha.....
cos only tummy growing now 5 mths i only gain 3-4 kg...

catherine... i see... jeans stretchable mah...
but dun u feel uncomfy wearing tight jeans? i think i will feel suffocated...
i think eat moderately can liao... i heard after 1st tri...what u eat..the bb will get all the nutrients right?

BTW stretch mark cream is important got to apply day and nite time..but i too lazy leh so never apply, somemore my colleague gave me the stretchmark cream which she has bought alot..

catherine, u can maintained quite well..some of my frens already gained more than 5 kg in their 5th month. Your tummy must be quite small still since u can still fit into your jeans. I dun think i can do that in my 5th month. Now,when i sit down in my jeans, i could feel the tummy burge out already..hee

berry, only after 3 mths you eat baby is start to intake now baby still small. so mostly doctor only give you folic acid n multivitamins.. until you are 3 mths you wil start taking multivitamins which folic acid is included, DHA FISH oil is for baby's brain and CAlcuim is for baby's bone.

no choice i stil don't dare to step in maternity shops
cos tummy not showing
scare ppl stare at me...

Back