(2006/12) December 2006 MTBs

peppermint..talk to ur mum abt it... when they see your lovely baby,they may really let u stay...if not try to rent a small place...
try asking HDB to help.. or u can ask social worker to help u find out also...

think that way, last time older days, pple poor but also can have a few kids, life tougher lor but everyone still so happy to lead a simple life...
we think too much nowadays... lesser pay,just have lesser things lor... your baby is really innocent...as long u & hubby working,sure can raise the baby one...

Hi all,

I just got positive result from Clearblue yesterday. I still have not got any gynae yet. Do I really have to get a GP to confirm my pregnancy or I can wait till I get recommendation for gynae.

Thanks.

hi peppermint,

berry is right lor, maybe u can discuss with ur family members first..im sure tat u can work out a solution..

i did tink of natural birth but tat time my babies still quite small so not very pain..but my husband reminded me tat tis time baby will be twice the size so i oso alittle scared esp since i cannot have any anesthetic..my frien had an epidural and she said cant feel a thing below the waist, was totally numb so no pain at all..

im quite scared of getting cut up oso cause heard very pain and as u say longer to heal but i rather get knocked out instead of going thru labour with no anesthetic lor..have to ask my doc abt it and see how, anyway we still have long way to go
happy.gif

Wow, so many postings!

Och, thks for the concern! I will update all of u on my sac's 'progress'! The spotting has stopped, thank god. But I am still resting at home till I get the go-ahead from my gynae this sat to start work. Not bad to have a short break! Working can be so exhausting for pregnant mommies! For ur MS, try to take small meals thru out the day, instead of three big meals. Think of the MS as a good way, it means that ur HCG level is high and baby is growing well! I am not getting very strong MS, only bit of metal feeling in my mouth occasionally, and I am honestly looking fwd to MS cos it means baby is growing..

puipui, you are very brave. I can understd your pain because i have also lost my baby during my 5th month. No matter, think positive, think positive, think positive! I am like u ah, not much symptoms. Hmmm, lets update on our symptoms ok?

Peppermint, we can still provide for our baby in a simple and basic manner. Starting from now, u may want to put aside some money for the baby every mth. 8 mths later, u can see a considerable amt! I agree with berry that its hard to support and care for a baby, both emotionally and financially but if u put ur heart to it, it will be a sweet burden. Everything take 1 step at a time, house, savings, baby needs & pdts. U can do it and it'll be worth it!

Welcome Wendy!

muahchie..u oso seeing gynae this sat? same as me... think our EDD all v close to each other thats why...

peppermint,since u r eligible to apply 4-rm flat...den i guess u can save up more... talk to ur parents first.. since got bb now, maybe get a flat at later part... everything slowly step by step...

hi jenny...congrats...
all of us here MTB all quite KS...went to see gynae after we know we r preg... u can go see gynae to confirm or u may want to go after a week or so?

Hi ladies,
Just a few hrs and so many posting
happy.gif

peppermint,
Baby is god gift that we must treasure. Like wat all the other ladies mention, there will alway be a way to solve the problem so long as you and hubby work toward the same direction. Be strong for yourself and the BB
happy.gif

To all the new dec MTB,
Gong xi gong xi and welcome to dec MTB club. Please see a GP to get some folic acid asap. It good for your BB
happy.gif

puipui80,
It must be both emotionally and finanically tough for you to go through IVF. Do take good care hor
happy.gif

wow! so many postings!! and so many new MTB!! congrats! congrats!! it's so touching and joyous to see so many MTB in dec!

just had my first visit to gynae yesterday. did couple of heart scans due to my heart condition. good news is cardiologist told me that it's ok for me to go for normal delivery and the condition isn't as bad as what i have imagined! i was truly so happy and thankful!! : )

did a scan on bb. gynae said heart beat is detacted. sac size is at 14mm. based on the size, gynae said i am most likely in my week 6+. EDD now is 1Dec.
However, i lost some weight but gynae said it's perfectly ok to lose weight in 1st trim?

ok, self intro, me is 29 this year. rom in mar05. customary was in jan06.

hi. i am new here. just found out i am 4weeks+ pregnant. did a scan, but still too small to see the sac..gynar says it's very tiny..will have to go in 2wks time again to do the scan..hope everything will be fine...
pokemon, do you have MS yet at 6weeks?

Hi mjt! congrats! dun worry, think ard 4weeks, the sac may not be very visible. i m sure u will be able to see it clearer in 2weeks' time.

my MS started ard 2week ago. i cant eat much. lose interest in all my fav food and things that i eat all seem very tasteless. get very sleepy and tired easily. always wanted to vomit but nothing comes out.
what abt yourself? i heard some went thr pregnancy without much MS but some experience it throughout. so it depends on individuals : )

hi dec mtb,

not been to tis thread for whole day.. now got so many dec mtb joining us.

welcome peppermint, wendy, puipui, jenny..

hi rnjt,

welcome aboard...
MS is depend on individual.. As for mi, my MS start on week 6. sometimes, i will hav gastric pain 2 hrs after my lunch or diner.. if i dun find tings to eat, i will start to vomit. sometimes i will vomit without any reason.. sometimes wanna to vomit but nothing come out... jus tat my ms is getting worse..

rnjit,
Welcome to dec MTB club
happy.gif

Serene,
Guess u r right abt MS. I was perfectly aright but suddenly feel like vomitting when i reach home. Out of a sudden cant stand the car smell....Gosh, never noe MS can hit anytime and anywhere....

congrats puipui, peppermint, tinklebell, wendy, jenny, rnjit. hope i din miss anyone.

puipui, ivf is really a emotionally n financially draining process. take good care yah.

peppermint, pls don't abort. as parents, we will worry abt not giving our kids the best bcos we never have enough time or money. pls talk this through with ur family first, i'm sure u will find a solution.

muahchie, oh good, glad to hear ur spotting has stopped. u want ms?! i told a friend of mine that i din hv any ms in wk5, n she was callung me lucky. a few days after talking to her, ms struck. after a few mouthfuls of the same food, i get so nauseas n lose all urge to eat, then i get hungry again an hour later. think my hubby is suffering. he has to eat all the food i cannot finish, he will gain more weight than me in the first trimester.
lame.gif

pokemon, i lost some weight too. read that it's quite common to lose weight in the 1st trimester cos of ms. minor weight loss in the first trimester doesn't really affect the foetus much cos the nutrition needs aren't that demanding.

I did a quick scan through of the previous msgs, hopefully din miss out anyone of u
happy.gif

403291.gif
<font size="+2"><font color="aa00aa">Dec MTBs</font></font>
403292.gif

<table border=1><tr><td> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Name</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Serene (coolman)</TD><TD>30/11/06</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>pokemon</TD><TD>1/12/06</TD><TD>Dr Lim</TD><TD>Mt A </TD></TR><TR><TD>Muahchie</TD><TD>1/12/06</TD><TD>Dr Tony</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>och </TD><TD>2/12/06</TD><TD>Dr Mary Rauff </TD><TD>NUH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jacqueline (dogggies)</TD><TD>5/12/06</TD><TD>Dr Kek Lee Phin</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>berry (merryberrys)</TD><TD>8/12/06</TD><TD>Dr Theresa Cheng</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>peppermint (c1tyger) </TD><TD>10/12/06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>dey</TD><TD>11/12/06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>starluster</TD><TD>15/12/06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>wenzhu (c1tyger)</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ivy (mum2be2006)</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>puipui80</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wendy Wong (wwmilo)</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenny (freesiajen)</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>rnjt</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

wow another dec mtb...welcome rnjt...

pokemon...i oso customary jan06... hee...

i really getting confused on the EDD...everyone seems diff...haha
by right i shld be 8 weeks now... but my EDD is 8Dec later than those in 6 weeks...so funny...

Haha, Berry, I am equally confused too abt the EDD. But nvm, becos EDD not accurate one ah.

Thank you Okasan for ur updates!

Och, wah really cannot talk abt such things. LAst nite i was still telling u i want MS? last nite I felt like puking already. So accurate ah. But luckily so far, my appetite is quite good. Contrary to all of you, when i felt nauseas, I actually eat to feel better. SO Ms or no MS, i am still putting on weight ah..

muahchie..ya lor... i also very confused...but nvm...since EDD is not so accurate...
ya i also put on weight instead... i will feel nausea whenever my stomach is hungry...
sometimes dun wanna eat but because hungry no choice have to eat...but i get hungry so easily

Good morning ladies. Woke up with a real bad headache and MS. Tummy has been aching too. Worse still..driven to work by a reckless taxi driver...make my MS worse..

Welcome Jenny and RNJT!! Dec MTB are getting more and more!!!

Hi Och, I am having the same prob too. I seems to feel nausea at most food now. Whatever i couldn't eat I will pass to hubby to clear for me..he said he seems to be the pregnant one cos he is eating more than I do.

Hi Pokemon, i think it is normal to feel tired and sleepy. I used to sleep after 1am before i was preg but now I need to sleep by 11pm every night..

thanks for updating the table okasan.

i'm quite confused abt edd too... but nvm, the most impt thing is our foetus r healthy.

muahchie, berry, so lucky! i want a good appetite too, then i wouldn't feel hungry so often.

hi dey, hope ur headache clears. ur hubby sounds like mine. thank goodness for understanding hubbies who clean up the food.

okasan,
U really efficient on updating
happy.gif

muahchie &amp; berry,
EDD is diff cause GP calculate from last menstration date. But ovaluation occur at a later stage. That why BB is a few week smaller than what we calculate. Hope this explaination help
happy.gif

I think the EDD will get more accurate as the baby grows. Anyway, I am not that concern abt EDD now. Most important now is that BB is growing and healthy!!!
happy.gif

I also want a better appetite. Looks like I cannot take meat at all. The sight of them somehow put me off..I used to like beef alot but i would feel like vomitting the moment i put them in my mouth..Hope my appetite will turn better as days go by..

hi all, this thread is really moving fast..when i saw y gynae on tuesday,she says that EDD is about 10/12 also..dun really know how she calculates..think too early stage to determine the date also..i am feeling alright at the moment..will update u all along the way when i have any MS...

ya...as long bb is healthy... i also dun care abt the EDD...
but i look pale all the time now... dunno why... lotsa pple commenting i look faint...

dey,dun eat beef liao.. usually they are medium cooked only... no raw food now...
try to eat more fish...i heard if later u gonna breastfeed u got to eat more fish to get fresh milk...tats my sil says...

JAckie, thks for the explanation!

Berry, is it becos ur blood pressure is low, thats why u look pale? Or maybe put on some blusher lah..:)

Dey, try to find out what kind of food wouldnt put u off. If its a 'healthy' food, no harm taking more of that. Take some milk or tofu for protein lah, since u r put off by meat. For me, i can eat anything, even fishy fish. haha.

Berry, ya ya.. put some blusher! I am still putting on makeup to work everyday! hopefully it is not harmful to the baby!

Muahchie, seems like food which i used to like in the past are now in my hate list.. :p

Dey,
I am so diff from you. Me appetite is so good. Get hungry easily. Will snack whenever hungery. Now trying to break into more small meal to avoid putting on too much weight. Cause not easy to loss it after giving birth. Maybe u can try drinking more milk which is good for both BB and mum.

Muahchie,
High five :0..... I am like you....Like to eat alot of fish. My hubby complaint that it is fishy but i can finish everything. hehehehe....Understand that it good to eat more cod fish cause it rich in omega3 which is good for brain development...

Ladies,
Anyone interested in cute smiling BB pic? My hubby forward me plenty of it. Hope my BB will turn out as cute. kekekeke

Jackie, I just bought the Anmum milk for pregnant woman. Though BB is not absorbing any nutrients from us now, i tot i should start early as milk contains folic acid too.

I have pasted pics of my baby niece and nephew in the room!!! I want my baby to be as cute as them! hee

dey,
Me start drink fresh milk with oak n folic acid to built up my health for the BB. As for pic of BB, i though my hubby is KS......U actaully is equally KS....hahahaha...Guess that what to 1st time mum and dad
happy.gif

muahchie &amp; jackie...wow u 2 can even eat fishy fish? the smell of it really will turn me off...

i think i will put on weight v fast... i having small meals instead... lunch &amp; dinner i always eat half...

hey jackie...forward me the bb pics leh... [email protected]
wow so fast u all lookin at bb pics? haha

Jackie, what brand of fresh milk are u taking? I gave up on fresh milk as my fren told me fresh milk does not contain much folic as compared to those powder form.

hee.. ya..abit KS..but cannot help it leh..

i think my friend who got 2 kids...she say she buy those milk powder specially for preg woman one...
i tot any fresh milk will do... btw i dun really like milk... forcing myself to drink a bit now... i also eat fruits everyday or alternate days...

muahchie, jackie, i'm so envious. i love fish too, all types of fish, but nowadays, i cannot eat fish unless it's fish soup. like dey, all types of meats turn me off too.
sad.gif

hey berry, can try to take some iron-rich food too. bb's blood circulation system is developing now, so absorbing a lot of iron fr us.
happy.gif

och...will do that after 3 mths...heard bb will only absorb all nutrients after the 3rd mth onwards...
u same as me... i love fish b4 preg..now i choosing fish..and other meat...
sometimes the smell will turn me off....

hi okasan thanks for the updates

warmest welcome to all the new MTBs.... dey, starluster, wenzhu, puipui80, wendy, jenny and rnjt.... hopefully i hv not missed anyone

i was busy reading thru the threads to find out more about gynae and which hospital. the feeling is like looking for wedding banquet...hahahag...

Any MTBs staying in P21?

i was reading a book on What to expect when you are expecting... and found this section on type of snacks that we can eat... juz in case any of the MTBs love to snack, check this out:
High-Protein Snacks
1) Nuts &amp; Seeds
2) Whole-grain baked goods
3) Soy Baked goods
4) Yogurt
5) Hard Cheese
6) Hard-cooked eggs
7) Wheat germ

Calcium-Rich Snacks
1) Almonds, filberts, peanuts
2) Dried Fruit
3) Baked goods made with sesame seeds, soy flour

Note : Avoid eating ginseng, tang gui &amp; red dates. (advice by gynae)

Have a wonderful long weekend....!!!!!!

hey Ivy, i also bot this book what to expect when u r expecting...
finish almost the whole book left the behind food part only

btw i in Sengkang..not v far from u...

Berry,
U got mails
happy.gif
....So far not much MS (Touch Wood). But recently feel like vomtting more often...Guess that 1 symptom lor...I just buy the normal magnolio brand fresh milk with oak. Hope my BB will turn out fair since i start drinking milk early
happy.gif
. Folic acid qty shld be sufficient from the pills that i take every morning ba.

och,
Guess every MTB sympton is different lor. Just eat normal and healty will do. N no raw food
happy.gif

Wow! This is helpful Ivy! I am really clueless when it comes to what can or cannot be eaten during pregnancy.

Talking about books. I am quite keen on buying some books on pregnacy to read up. Beside this book - what to expect when u r expecting, any other good books to recommend?

thanks jackie...i rec...ya the babies are very cute...hehe...i tot of buying bb pics and paste on the wall after my 3rd mth...

dey,so far found this book not bad...rec by others in other threads
i went to look for a few so this one quite gd...
or u can search from the net too...alot of info can be found...

Hello, fish-eating me is back!

Dey - I have this DK book called "Your pregnancy week by week". I bought it at kinokuniya for abt S$60. I like it becos it has many beautiful diagrams of ur baby at various weeks &amp; stages. The information is quite comprehensible too. But i have read the "what to expect when you're expecting" and i agree that its a very good book. I esp like the FAQ part, when they answer mums' queries.
And make-up is not harmful to baby. i also put on lotsa make-up! Esp now tt i am getting fatter, i must distract ppl from my body to my face ah...haha.

Thanks Ivy for that list of food. Also, my colleague recommended that i take lots of beans &amp; pulses (peas and chick peas etc) if i buy packed rice. It is supposed to be rich in folic acid, which is good for baby. Then when u buy bread, choose wholemeal or multigrain. Those provide u with more fibre.

Aiyah, but despite i know what food is good, i still succumb to gluttony. My hubby fetching me to Tampines Mall to eat pasta later...heehee. Pasta! All empty carbos!!

wow muahchie u sure have appetite...still eating pasta later...hehe
heard peanuts good? any peanuts oso can?
wow 60 bucks for the book is exp..hee

wow berry you almost finished the whole book... i still got long way to go. i was particulary interested in two area : food and excercise. So i read those 1st. ya lor quite near.

hi dey, the book was given by a good friend to me... and she told me juz concentrate on this book 1st and she will pass other books to me after i given birth.

actualli i juz found out something which i don't know if it will be beneficial to all MTBs:
i experience backache and i tried doing this particular excercise, the backache gone... it's one of the exercise recommended in the book but they never say is to heal backache. But it's working for me.

It's call Leg Lifts:
Description extracted from :What to Expect When You're Expecting
Lie on your left side, with your shoulders, hips and kness in a straight line. Place your right hand on the floor infront of your chest annd supprot your head with your left. Relax and inhale; then exhale while slowly raising your right leg as high as you can, keeping your foot flexed (pointing up toward your belling) and your inner ankle facing directly down. Inhale while slowly lowering your leg. Repeat 10 times on each side. This excercise can be done with the leg either straight or bent at the knee.

i think so lah...any type of peanuts .. but dun eat excessively aso coz could be fattening. At least peanuts as a snack should be better than potato chips... (i think)....

i use the book mayo clinic guide to a healthy pregnancy. i got it when i was posted overseas, but saw a copy in kinokuniya too. find it v. useful so far. it's written by doctors, so it's v. factual, not didactic. so far, i've only read the week-by-week progression of baby's development (including expected size), why doctors might prescribe certain medicines, mother's emotions, problems to consider n a list of symptoms that r considered emergencies. i haven't read the other chapters yet, there r more chapters on newborn, labour, n a bunch of decision guides (epidural or not, c-section or not, when to have another child etc etc). it's not a book that tells u u need to do something, but one that tells u why some things happen, the pros n cons of the options u face n let u make ur own decisions.

another book i refer to is What's Going on in There? : How the Brain and Mind Develop in the First Five Years of Life. so far, only read the chapter on prenatal influences, which covers how foods n drinks, viruses, medical tests (ultrasound is included), n hormonal changes (e.g. stress, fear) etc affects the foetus. it's a summary of studies done n i really liked that section.

been so busy with work these days, can't really chat during the day....hope u ladies have an enjoyable long weekends
kao_cheers.gif

kao_babydust.gif
<font size="+2"><font color="aa00aa">Dec MTBs</font></font>
kao_babydust.gif

<table border=1><tr><td> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Name</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Serene (coolman)</TD><TD>30-11-06</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>pokemon</TD><TD>01-12-06</TD><TD>Dr Lim</TD><TD>Mt A </TD></TR><TR><TD>Muahchie</TD><TD>01-12-06</TD><TD>Dr Tony</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>och</TD><TD>02-12-06</TD><TD>Dr Mary Rauff</TD><TD>NUH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jacqueline (dogggies)</TD><TD>05-12-06</TD><TD>Dr Kek Lee Phin</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>berry (merryberrys)</TD><TD>08-12-06</TD><TD>Dr Theresa Cheng</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>peppermint (c1tyger)</TD><TD>10-12-06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>rnjt</TD><TD>10-12-06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>dey</TD><TD>11-12-06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>starluster</TD><TD>15-12-06</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>wenzhu (c1tyger)</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ivy (mum2be2006)</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>puipui80</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wendy Wong (wwmilo)</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenny (freesiajen)</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Thanks ladies for the book recommendations. Will be going to Kino tomorrow to scan thru the books before i decide which one to buy.

hi gals,

wow, suddenly so many of us here in tis thread..i keep having craving for wan tan mee and meat everytime..i told my husband tat tis is a meaty baby, always wan kfc, char siew, etc..hahah.i dun have any ms though, last time my ms hit me onli after 8 weeks so not so worried lor..heard some women wun have ms at all and is still fine..i guess its how the body takes the hormone changes lor..

but yesterday i had a terrible nightmare tat i was bleeding, hope its not an omen..is it true tat ur thoughts are inter-related? my frien said if ur mind always think of m/c, it will happen..so it really freak me out..hope its jus a myth..next week seeing my gyne for scan, cant wait to know if im carry 1 or 2 babies..will update u all then!

oh yes, jus a question..i have been eating those fish soup beehoon from foodcourt..is it safe? heard not all fish can be eaten..me staying in p21 as well, so always eat at the foodcourt in punggol plaza since i dun cook..very xian, i dun work so time passs very slowly at home.

hi gals,

happy good friday... yesterday work till 8.30pm.. so tired n i dunno y i feel my below part being pull down. i tink bcos i walk n stand to long. so the moment i reached home, i quickly sit down to rest for an hr.. so scary..

my bb seems to dislike the food i love to eat. i always vomit my favourite food like peanut pancake, fried guo diao, mee siam..

hi jackie, can forward the cute bb pics to mi.
[email protected]
10q : )

puipui80,

The dream could be due to u think too much in the daytime. Try not to think so much in the day so u hv a more peaceful sleep in the night.. I think the fish soup outside should be ok as long as it is fully cooked. I was told to avoid fish like stingray and raw sashimi.

Serene,

Sometimes in office, i have that feeling too, like the womb going to fall. Scary.. what i do is i will sit and avoid walking too much..could be the stress..

Back