(2005/04) Apr/May/June 2005 MTB

Thanks Poshies and congrats again.

Happy belated birthday to Florence and Tigger!

Serrich must be v busy indeed managg 2 alone. If it's me i'll be so stress. Next Mon's outing Angel/SC says go Vivo wor. Can makan, eat cake, drink tea, do mani pedi etc. Can u make it?

Elaine
Congrats!

poshies
Congrats, Gerald is gg to have a mei mei!

mummies day out
wanna go laso leh, but gotta re-confirm again
happy.gif

serrich
how's life without maid? I guess you will feel the strain especially during weekend? How's Shania, can walk liao?

<font color="ff0000">Elaine</font>
Congrats!! Ya saw your Msn pic, you got a cute & rosy boy
happy.gif
, really resemble the Jie Jie.

<font color="0000ff">Poshies</font>
so nice, u got a gal!

<font color="ff6000">Happy Belated Birthday to Ming, Tigger & Florence!</font>

Me just back from Holiday with colleagues on Sunday. Great feeling to holiday without kid around. So carefree & so relaxed, like back to single days. keke. Ash was OK without me around, din cry at all. She will fuss Daddy to call me & first word she woke up early in the morning was "MUMMY!!" Keke. Din manage to talk to her for 2 days cos battery low. Finally gotta talked to her on 4th day, we were both so happy hearing each other voice. KEKE. Now I'm back, whenever she notty again, I'll say Ok, U so notty, Mummy goes back to Holiday again, OK?? She'll reply "No!!"
crazy.gif

mummies day out (19/11)
place : candy empire (b1)
time : 1230

u gals wanna meet for lunch?? any suggestion?? i was thinking of sushi tei but i'm oso fine wif anything... lemme know so that i can go make reservation if necessary...

so the list of mummies are :
1. sweatcorn
2. tigger
3. angel
4. ming
5. carla
6. peg
7. wen
8. serrich
9. poshies(??)
10. sweetbabe (??)

did i leave anyone out??

SC,

I can't meet at 12.30. Will give one of the mummies a call once i reach Vivocity.. most prob at 1pm.

No objection for sushi tei... thanks

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Me went for checkup this morning... haiz... history repeats itself, the water level low again... so I have to be induced tmr...

All the best to your Florence!! Hope your staffing problem is solved. Dun think too much, have a smooth delivery!

Jap. food is fine. Heh Tigger, another concert added for Jacky.

babymilk, wow your boys are looking good, esp. Mal so handsome.

<font color="aa00aa">Florence!!!</font>
All the best to you ah! Stay cool!

<font color="ff0000">Ming!!!</font>
Happy belated birthday to you!

<font color="119911">SC</font>
Sushi Tei ah.... Anything la. Me very 'easygoing' one right?! *wink wink*

<font color="0000ff">Sweetbabe</font>
Come la come la..... Join us la.

Took out my exersaucer and set it up again over the weekend. And take a look at the difference between my 2 babies!!!

1070448.jpg

1070449.jpg

Jas,

Forgot that you asked me for this photo lei. Here's Joeson sitting at his ULTRA BIG table.

1070450.jpg

<font color="0000ff">Angel,</font>
How come you cut away Anson's hair? So wasted...his hair is so thick and nice. Seems that his neck is strong enough now, can sit so well inside the exersaucer. I am very tempted to let Kayla try out the bumbo and exersaucer but scared she is not ready. BTW, Kayla has flipped sucessfully 3 days ago. Now changing diaper is a challenge.

Tigger,
4th month liao mah. Traditional for us to shave baby's hair and let them eat chicken drumstick. Hee..... Whoa... Kayla flipped! Anson refused to flip liao. Really wonder why. Joeson flipped when he's 3 mths plus. Anson lei, lazy lazy lazy.

Angel,
it IS a really BIG table. i think can sit half a football team ar. Thanks for sharing the pic! u rem! and then yr place got space to put it... my small adjust and draw now is right smack in my living rm.. b/w TV and sofa.. acts as my coffee table now. haha.

Poshies, congrats on girl! girls are fun..

Elaine congrats!

Florence wish you a smooth delivery! Jia you!

San, i heard of Dayspring, i think its at punggol rd end.. together where bridges and carpe diam is right? but did not check it out. u considering putting Denise there?

Too bad i cant take off from work. Else will join u all for the mummy's outing.
sad.gif
sounds like fun.

<font color="ff0000">mummies day out (19/11)
place : candy empire (b1)
time : 1230</font>

u gals wanna meet for lunch?? any suggestion?? i was thinking of sushi tei but i'm oso fine wif anything... lemme know so that i can go make reservation if necessary...

so the list of mummies are :
1. sweatcorn
2. tigger
3. angel
4. ming
5. carla
6. peg
7. wen
8. serrich
9. poshies(??)
10. sweetbabe (??)
<font color="aa00aa">11. batman</font>

so tempted to join u guys :p
I'm ok with Sushi Tei.

Florence,
Wish u have a smooth induced labour!

Angel,
Paisay, havent got time to transf the purse $. Btw how much is my shipment for the Shapers? I forgot to look at the stamp. Can tell me, so I can pay together with the purse?

Btw, how's the Xmas party gog on? How's the decision for the gift exchange?

twinklets
las mth went bangkok, D worst then ash. She didn't even look for me at all!!! She everyday so occupy with so much activities my SIL bring her until she hack care me and forget my existance. So happen that wk is hari raya holiday and also school close for 1 wk for PSLE, so everyday she play till 'siao' wz my nieces. When I return, hb bring her go airport fetch me, she even refuse to go as she only want to play wz my nieces at hm! In the end, must 'tum' her to go.

Jas,
Heard of dayspring not bad but nver inspect the school. My preference is putting her at church school. The timing for pre-n class not suit so, i didn't look further into it.

San,
Ash also everyday occupy with activites, kept going out gai gai & shopping with her 2 cousins. But she will tell me over the fone what she's doing etc.

U din call back home ah during tat period?
HB told me she wanna dash into the glass liao when she saw me waiting for my luggage.
crazy.gif

<font color="ff6000">Twinklets,</font>
Wow, Ash really misses you a lot hor. So far I haven been away for holiday without Keane. I will feel guilty leaving the kids behind. BUT I have decided that I need some personal time of my own so will be planning for a trip to Japan with my frens next year. Can't wait...
happy.gif

Tigger,
Yes she misses me alot & I'm so happy abt it. keke. Actually this time I dun feel guilty cos I noe she is in good hands & I got this hunch tat she wont cry.
happy.gif
Ya agreed with u on personal time, but I think I prefer to have her around to join in the fun. Anw I dun have frens tat will go holiday without family, all my frens most married liao, even meet up with them in Singapore already damn difficult, let alone arrange for holiday.
crazy.gif

When u intend to go Japan? Which part?

<font color="ff6000">Twinklets,</font>
I will be going with 2 of my single frens. We are planning to go in Aug08. Not sure where exactly we will visit in Japan. Maybe the usual Osaka, Tokyo etc. Am start saving $ now for my trip. Hopefully this trip will materialized.
happy.gif

twinklets,
I called back but never talk to her cos' i don't want later she finally 'realise' i missing for days. When my family ask her where am i, she just say I go work cos' she is so used to staying over at my bro's place liao. Me also eager to see what is her reaction to see me when she wait for me at the belt but then, in the end they didn't arrive in time to wait for me due to her not willing to go and also she 'pang sai' b4 go airport and my flight touch down earlier etc. Actually, also didn't really want them go pick me cos' can claim taxi fare fr coy leh.

Tigger,
Me too ever dream of going holiday wz galfrens but like twinklets, all fren married liao and then, even go holiday, they sure will tag along hb and not just gals trip. But if own trip, don't think i want go alone leh cos' i got that kind of mentality, i don't want waste extra $ to go back again to bring kids or go wz hb. Like I went gold coast 2 times liao b4 D born, next time when she older, I still need to bring her there. Abit waste $. Japan should be gd for kids to enjoy mah.

Dun need to save lah. Ask batman 'accidentally' add an extra 0 digit to yr salary can lor. wahaha.

batman,
u oso coming... yeah!!! i'll call to make reservation on fri... hehehe...

san,
wah u ask batman to add extra '0' where... must be before the decimal point right??

ladies,
i've check with sushi tei, they dun take reservations so I guess we juz try our luck on that day... based on vivo's webby, they've got many other restaurants e.g marche, crystal jade, tung lok, secret recipe... so guess we hv quite a lot of choices lah...

<font color="0000ff">San,</font>
Japan is good for kids to enjoy but hor too ex if bring the whole family there. hehehe, so I rather go on my own. Cheaper. I also plan for a family trip next year. Maybe bring along my dad and in-laws so that they can help to jagar the kids. hmm...will go somewhere nearer due to cost issue.

<font color="aa00aa">batman,</font>
I didn't ask you to add an extra 0 to my salary leh. It's San mah. She will accompany you to jail, not me. kekeke.

<font color="0077aa">SC,</font>
Thanks for checking! I think we can just try to walk in first. If too crowded, we can try some where else since there are so many eateries there.

San/Tigger,
If I have any gd fren tat want to go Europe, I will sure join her 1. I think that's the only place tat I wont bring Ash along, cos TOO EX liao. kekekekee. But now I lasik my eyes, no $ to go Europe liao. Sniff. & also I'm thinkg of doing tat M dunno wat surgery to melt my tummy fats next time. HAHAH.

<font color="0000ff">Twinklets,</font>
I know the "M" thinggy you are talking about. I just asked my fren about the cost of that procedure yesterday. I may consider if it's not too ex.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">twinklets,</font>
Nope my fren didn't do it, but my fren's fren is a doctor who does that. I also visited this doctor to get some skin care products. I can help you to find out more when I visit him in 2 weeks time.

What is the 'M' thingy??

<font color="aa00aa">tigger,</font>
saw your question in my blog. Today I gave Hazel milk bath again and it stinked like hell. haha... I think the older the EBM, the worse it will smell. And very very oily. Hazel was so oily when she got out of the bathtub, but her skin is v smooth after I wipe dry. And now she smells of BM all over!

<font color="0000ff">Twinklets,</font>
No prob, I will help you ask. I also want to find out more.
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">zyp,</font>
It's Mesotherapy.

I am very tempted to let Kayla try the milk bath. Kind of worried about the smell though. Hazel is so fortunate, she will grow up with very smooth and good skin.
happy.gif

I'm now very free in office, type these for u gals to read.
happy.gif

<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">EMOTIONAL NEEDS</font></font>

<font size="+1">* Need for love & Security </font>

LOVE
- Giving unconditional love, saying I Love you daily etc.
- Parents love each other
- Parents are role models to the Child

SECURITY
- Routine will children a sense of security
- Stable care-giving
- Mean what you say & keep your promise
- Never ever let the Child lose trust in You!
- Consistency of Rules

<font size="+1">* Need for New Experiences </font>

- Using Senses -> can learn & remember better
- Need for Play & recreation, from play a Child can learn more
- Never be too over-stimulate a Child, it can affect his sleep & decision making in the future
- Find their interest & exploit their potential

<font size="+1">* Need for Responsibilities </font>

- must be on par with the age & maturity of the child
- responsible for their schoolwork, play, homework, taking care of personal needs
- Contribute to the maintenance of the household , etc picking up rice on the floor after every meals
- Learn how to pack their own schoolbag
- As a Parent, never take over the Childs responsibility!
- Draw boundaries
- Praise the Child when he fulfill his responsibilities

<font size="+1">* Need for Praise & Recognition</font>

- award them with praise when they achieve something
- Never compare your child with others
- Dont always pay attention only when they are doing notty acts, praise/encourage them in the most unexpected moments

<font size="+1"><font color="0000ff">*** Once needs are satisfied, a Child will not think of anti-social ways to seek a Parents attention!! ***</font></font>

Serrich,
check amazon before i order the toys. My aunt is a member of barnes and noble and i got additional 25% of discount code so its much much cheaper

Angeline,
when do we transfer the $$ for Christmas to you? I bought the gift exchange toys le

Jas,
haha tat 1 is my example I quote when I was young!! :p Me & my sisters were each given a responsibity , & then mine was picked the rice under the table. ekkkeeke.

Now me gog to let Ash handle some responsibilites liao, like when we going gai gai, I want her to make sure she has her water bottle with her etc. Nowadays she auto will ensure we do wear our shoes when go out. keke. Once my Mum abt to take her out, she was still wearing her home slippers & lucky this gal notified her before they all went downstairs!
lol.gif

Valmom,
Nice SB! one look can see Val looks like u lar.

twinklet, this sentence :' Never compare your child with others '.......

sometimes it is difficult not to compare, especially when the kids are so notti. Like my malcolm, he always like to jump while walking...even the childcare teacher told me so. So when he always do that, I can't help but to tell him...."see, other children all walk with their mummy, they never jump and jump like you?"

PErhaps I go tto think if way how to tell him instead of comparing with others.

Thanks for the quotes, indeed they really add as a reminder to me.

Bbmilk,
haha ash also like to jump when walk!! She sometimes behaves so sweet, want me & Daddy to hold her hands but her main motive is to jump high when both are holding her.
crazy.gif

But seriously I wud rather my child to be active than quiet quiet & withdrawn. Think it tat way, u'll feel better & be blessed.
happy.gif
Anw an active child is smarter too, research shown. Keke.

I think your comparing of such things are OK. Wat i mean is mostly academic stuffs when next time they older. They can get real stressed or down when we keep comparing them with their peers, especially when they older.

Twinklets,
Thanks for sharing the quotes. I've been pondering over it too. I also rather my child to be active than withdrawn. My mom asked me why cay is so slow in learning.... she said active kids supposed to be smart right. I speechless man. ~_~"

Caymom,
Ya I always feel child active are more 'jing'. No lar Cay may be slow in learning this but she may be fast in learning other things. All kids are different.

Btw yesterday we saw lotsa bruises on Ash's legs. Usual thingy cos she clumpsy hippo everytime climb here & there, so will tend to knock here & there. So MIL was v concerned & told us dun let her be so active. But pls lor, how can we control a child's activeness?? tie them up meh? Anw she's really 1 protective grandmother, no wonder with her aro, Ash will be so sai nai. Scold abit, already wanna cry liao. But back at my mum's plc, really different lor, think my Mum does give her alot of freedom, tat's why she is more independent there.

Anw just to share with u gals on this..
I got this cousin of mine, he is super protective of his son since son was borned. Cousin always by his son's side whenever we got house gathering. Can see the way he v gan jiong whenever his son runs here & there. He still scare his son at 22 mths old still cant BRAKE on his runs, scare he'll run thr' the wall tat kind. Bui tahan u noe.
lame.gif
Then hor, at 22 mths, he never allow his son to hold a pen, a color pencil or a SPOON to play! Cos the reason he gives is he scare his son may poke the spoon/pen into his eyes. FAINT. Really wanna faint as such reply lor. 22 mths u noe, still cant self feed or hold a pen cos he isn't given a chance to experience these. & really still v dependent on his grandma. Poor boy u noe. Then watever my cousin's mum suggest to him, he'll say those are stupid things, his son only watch educated dvds etc. Really quite gek sim to talk sense to these pple.
sad.gif

<font color="0000ff">twinklets</font>
Looks like me meh? :p HB says looks like him.. ESPECIALLY the pout! Valerie pouts like him :p hahaha

Actually I think being too protective causes more harm man. Imagine, his boi will be very ill equipped with life skills. next time grow up already who is going to take care of him? We don't live forever one leh.

Maybe I lazy lah.. heehee.. coz being protective takes ALOT of energy. Imagine u have to run faster than him so that you can stop him from doing this & that.. gotta think faster than him coz kids are naturally mischevious...

TIRED leh! :p

Back