(2005/04) Apr/May/June 2005 MTB

Hi girlgirl,
Have you seen a gynae? Who are you seeing?
I just found out my EDD end April 05 yesterday. I visted Dr Alex Ooi at Mt E. I have big cysts inside my womb, and went for check-up, that's why found out my pregnancy.

Hi Sad/Happy,

Yes. I have seen a gynea. He is also at Mt E level 10. I used the pregnancy test kit and result was positive. Went to see him to confirm. My EDD is mid april 05.

So how are you now? Will the cysts affect your pregnancy?

Do you have any symptons like vomitting and loss of appetite? I have no appetite and feel so tired.

Hi girlgirl,
Are you seeing Dr Lim BT? Mine is on level 11. I went to my GP and tested positive. I did not have the courage to do the test at first cos I'm scared and not ready. My EDD end April 05. Maybe you are one week ahead of me.

One of my fibroid bigger than my fist :-(. Dunno to remove or not. I am in a confused state. Dunno to keep or terminate also...

I grew fat though I watched what I consume. I put on 5kg! I went to my GP yesterday cos I felt a big big hard lump inside me and he asked if I am pregnant after he took my weight. I dun feel like eating lunch anymore. Usually I will be hungry during lunch, but not anymore. In fact I eat less now. The ligaments behind my knee hurt, and I dunno whether is it becos of the pregnancy. I thought I have strained myself while swimming which I have never experience before.

Hi All,
I'm also expecting and my edd is in mid Apr05. I'm so excited!
happy.gif

Girlgirl, I'm same as you. No appetite and feel tired very easily.

Jus wondering, do your tummy show anything now? Mine seems to be though and needs to buy a bigger size clothing to wear already..

Hi Sad/Happy,

Ya. I am seeing Dr Lim. Don't worry too much. I have a ex-collegue who was int eh same situation as you. She also got a big cyst and then found out she was pregnant. She decided to keep the baby and now her son is already 18 years old.

I also don feel like eating the whole day but sometimes no choice got to eat a bit loh.

Hi little_ones,

My tummy does not show anything yet. I can still fit into my old clothes. Infact for my first pregnancy, I only started to wear maternity clothes in my 4th month.

So tired everyday still need to entertain my girl who is very active. Dunni whether I can survive all this or not.

Hi <font color="aa00aa">girlgirl</font>, I'm like you too, have to look after my boyboy also. I know it's difficult, coz have to manage between pregnancy and kids. Btw, I'm into my 14th week now.

But I'm sure we'll get through these...
154969.gif

hi gals,

my EDD is mid Apr too
happy.gif
not much symptoms other than slight sore breasts in the morning and leg cramps... like tigger, my appetite is good and at times, I dun really feel preggie lol.

Hi girlgirl,

I am Sad/Happy. I have decided to keep my pregnancy. :) I told my MIL and she was very happy. Actually I still got to go through my AD in Jan 05.

I gonna stick with the gynae I went to. My doc told me I gonna have a complicated pregnancy, and he foresee I will need a cesarean at around 30 weeks to be safe. I gonna have a rare pregnancy which if I go to "research hospitals", I gonna get lots of attention and lots of tests. So, I better stick to private.

Have you been through any antenatal courses? Or will you be going to one at Mt E?

Hi Joyce,

Thanks. I will try my best to go through this.

Hi a2002,

That's good. I am happy for you. So if you have a c-sect at 30 weeks, that means the baby is only 7 months+? I went to the antenatal class for my first pregnancy so I dont think I will be going this time round. What about you?

Hi Poohy,

How nice. You have the appetiate to eat. I feel so sick when i think of food everday.

Hi girlgirl,
where can i buy those maternity pants? Do they have sizes or jus elasticity? My bottom clothings are getting quite tight recently and i am wondering how should I start cos I'm barely 8wks.

Hi little_ones,

You can get the maternity pants at Kiddy Palace. If you want to get cheaper ones, you can go to Chinatown, those shops above the market. The maternity clothes there are much cheaper and sometimes you are able to get the same designs that Kiddy Palace is selling at a much cheaper price. Another place you can go to is a shop on the 2nd level at Tanjong Pagar Plaza. The clothes there are very nice too. From what I know, some of the pants do come in sizes, eg s, m, l. However, some just have the elasticity and no size.

If you feel that your clothes are getting tight, then change. There is no hard and fast rule as to when you can start wearing maternity clothes. For my previous pregnancy, I only started wearing maternity clothes in my 4th month.

Me too, my edd is on 22/4/05.. this is my first time, I'm so thrill about it. I'm seeing Prof Christopher Chen at Gleneagles. Anyone here seeing him too?

Good day to all of you. Jus checking, do you know the rate of yr bb heartbeat the last time you went for yr chkup? How abt the weight, have you started to put on weight?
happy.gif

Hi gals,
Can i join? My EDD is 15th Apr.
happy.gif

I've started wearing those tie strings pants. Jeans is too tight for me now.
sad.gif

Little,
i only know the size of the BB. They didn't even let me hear the BB's heartbeat. But i do see it's heart lor.

Hi Meow, same here. jeans getting tight. Went to see those maternity pants at those shopping centres.. very ex.. cost almost $50. cant bear to buy now.. may go down to chinatown to take a look one of these days. My Edd is 1day earlier than you.. hehe.. the last time I had my checkup was 2weeks ago and it measures abt 7-8mm. How abt you?

Little,
I'm lucky...my sis pass down her maternity clothes to me.
happy.gif
Well if you got friend/colleague go thailand. Can get them to get a few pairs for you. They sell 199baht per piece only. That time i bought one for my sis, so now she pass to me to wear.
happy.gif

My first appt was on 1st Sept. BB measures 12.1mm. So far how much weight did you put on huh? I really scare i put on too much weight leh.
sad.gif
When's your next appt? Mine will be 30th Sept. Which hospital you going? Me in KKH as a subsidise patient for now. Do you find your bra very tight for you now? I do leh and i bought a number of new bra.
sad.gif

meow, little_ones,

our edd is pretty close. But I notice mine keep changing with each ultrasound scans. 2 weeks ago it was 16 april 2005, today its 21st april 2005. I think it will varies a bit wan lah..
happy.gif

so when's your next consultation ? mine is in 2 weeks time
happy.gif

Poohy,
Mine will be 30th in KKH. I guess when BB is bigger, the EDD will be different again. So maybe by next time i go, they change my EDD again.
happy.gif

Hi gd morning girls,

Poohy,
I read fm the bk (what to expect when you are expecting) that EDD calculation is based on last mense month + 12mths - 3 mths + 7days. Eg. if yr first day of last mense is on 1Aug2004, EDD wld be (1Aug2005 - 3mths + 7days = 8May2005). However, I think EDD cld vary based on the size of the BB.

Meow,
My last appointment was 23Aug whereby my bb measures 7-8mm (sounded so long ago :\). Next appt is on 13Sept. I put on almost 3-4kg and I wonder what wld be my weight when I go next week. So far, my bra is still wearable, not much changes to the size.

As for the hospital, am thinking to go either Mt Alvenia or TMC.

So where do you girls stay?

little_ones,

I stay in jurong west. I visit my gynae at the TPS in kkh. ya I think the EDD will varies with bb size
happy.gif

hey so far u gals got any morning sickness or symptoms ?

when are u all planning to get maternity clothing ?

Hi gals,

can i join in ? my EDD is mid of April. i do feel nausea, tired and no appetite. need to get some tie string pants cos some of my bottoms are too tight, very comfortable.

anyone seeing doc at TMC ?

Hi Funny,
Welcome to join.
happy.gif

Hi Funny/Poohy,
I do get nausea prob once or twice a day, still not so bad. I'm planning to go chinatown to see those tie string pants this sunday. Now even when I wear my pants, I cant zip and button all the way.. need to leave some allowance while having a top long enough to cover the unzipped portion. If you happen to find some good buys, do let me know ya.
happy.gif

Gals....

Me too.. have long abandoned my jeans and other pants liao. In fact have even started wearing those "smaller size" maternity pants/draw string pants. Very Kua Zhang Hor.
sad.gif
As for tops, I can still fit into my normal tops. Phew... As for bras, they are getting tighter liao. But me still wearing them at the moment.

Should be coming to 10 weeks now. Still experiencing MS. Very cham lor. Whole day feel like puking. No much appetite to eat. Think so far have put on 1kg.

By the way, will be choosing Mt E to give birth. How abt the rest of the gals?

Poohy,
I've already bought a few maternity clothings (both tops and bottoms). Now just waiting for the rite timing to wear. Cos feel it's a bit kua zhang to wear them now.
happy.gif

icemilo,

so when is your edd ?
happy.gif
early april ? I am going to 9 weeks this saturday! So far no nauseous or morning sickness... I think I feel fatter ... cos I was at home doing nothing for 2 weeks. I weigh 47kg yesterday at the gynae's... felt so sad. I always wanted to maintain my weight at 45kg
sad.gif

my bb is abt 1.56cm yesterday.

btw gals, do u all take vit b complex pills on top of folic acid ? My gynae prescribed them for me but I avoid taking them. Only take on and off. Its got a horrible smell that makes me wanna puke. Is it impt to take vit b complex now ?

Hey poohy,

My edd is 12 Apr. How abt u?

Hey u are one lucky gal. No MS... really envy u. Now I really find it a chore to even brush my teeth leh. Sighz.

Are u working now? Hehe.. cos saw that u wrote doing nothing for 2 weeks.
happy.gif

47 is already considered very very light liao lor. For me... it has been a long time since I last weighed 40+kg. It's like a dream to me liao lor. *unachievable dream*

My next appt with my gynae will be on this coming mth. Looking forward to see my bb.
happy.gif

Wat is the Vit B for? So far, I'm only given folic acid.

icemilo,

my latest scan shows the edd at 21st april. 2 weeks ago it was supposed to be 16th april.

yup I am working. was on 2.5 weeks hospitalisation leave due to severe bleeding with blood clots. Now just back at work liao
happy.gif

so how much weight have u put on since pregnant ?

which gynae are u seeing ? which hospital ?

me seeing dr ct yeong at tps@kkh. my last appt was yesterday .. now seeing my gynae on 2 weeks interval liao ...
happy.gif
Its great.. can see the progress of the bb... else most of the time I dun even feel pregnant.

so u got any food cravings so far ?
happy.gif
I find I like to drink soft drink more these days ...

Hi Icemilo,

my edd is also 12Apr...such a coincidence!
happy.gif

I only feel nausea when i sleep at nite for the past few days...think i have midnite sickness rather than morning sickness. haha...

initially i felt very tired thru out the day, but not so bad now...

my gynae gave me calcium pills and folic acid.

Hi Poohy,

Hope you're ok now.
happy.gif

Since preggy, I think I have put on 1kg. I guess due to bad appetite.

Me seeing Dr Selina Chua at Mt E.

It's good to see your gynae so frequently. How I wish I can do the same. At least I will know that bb's ok. No need to Ti Xin Siao Dan. Erm, hope u know wat me trying to say.

hehe... me too. Dun seem to feel that I'm preggy. Thaz y sometimes, it really makes me feel uncertain. (As in... am I dreaming that I'm preggy, or perhaps I'm not)

Food Cravings.... not really. Cos the nausea feeling is really affecting my appetite. But definately western food and chinese food (from chinese restaurants) is out. Haha.... dun ask me y.

Soft drinks... me too me too. I know I should refrain from drinking soo much. However, I really can't stop myself. Sighz.. Really need those gasey drinks to make me burp. Else I will feel very uncomfy.

Hi Tigger,

Nice to know that we're sharing the same EDD.
happy.gif
Is this going to be your 1st kiddo?

Have u decided on which hospital to give birth?

For my MS.. I think it's all day MS (luckily, with breaks in-between.... phew)

Tireness.... for the past few days.. me have been taking naps. Hehe.. was telling my hubby that if this goes on... I can be a pig liao. (cos all I do is eat, zzzzz, eat, zzzz)

Hi Icemilo,
Wow.. you invested in maternity clothing alrdy, I still cant bear to buy now.. very expensive..
sad.gif
Realize that bb's stuff aint cheap, so dont dare to spend money anyhow. However, I bought a shoes during the robinson sale
happy.gif

Hi Poohy,
me too, got spotting in the initial stage.. so worried.. but now no more. By the way, DONT take soft drinks esp coke/pepsi or those contain caffeine.. bad for bb.. must take care huh, a sip should be okay though :p

My gynae gave me folic acid and a bottle of pills to maintain pregancy.. prob becos I was weak
sad.gif

Hmm.. April05 Mothers-to-be lists are getting longer now.. almost lost track who is who with how many weeks..edd, etc. Did a summary below, let me know if I got them wrong. Do feel free to amend/add them for new joiners
happy.gif

Icemilo - Edd 12Apr - Mt E
Tigger - Edd 12Apr -
Little - Edd 14Apr - TMC
Meow - Edd 15Apr - KKH
Funny - Edd midApr -
Poohy - Edd 21Apr - KKH
Stephanie - Edd 22Apr - Gleneagles

Thanks little_ones for compiling the list!

I am planning to deliver at Mt A.

i have bought some larger size pants and dresses...dun intend to get maternity clothes so soon...
a bit pai say leh..my stomach is not obvious at the moment so dun wanna step into a maternity shop yet..
happy.gif

many people told ne not to eat crabs but i have eaten thrice...twice was without knowing i am preggie...once was after I found out...
happy.gif

Hi Icemilo,

yup, this is my 1st. What abt you?

My appetite is very good and i am worried that i put on too much weight too fast...
happy.gif

Hi Tigger,
How much weight have you gained? And if you gained weight, while the weight goes to bb, then it's good lor. Actually, when I walk into the maternity shop, feel a bit pai say too, cos stomach not showing yet looking at maternity clothing haha :p But baby's stuff makes me very curious to find out.

Me also dont dare to eat crabs now.. cos crabs are 'cold' to me. Aso my friends told me not to take crabs during pregnancy cos crabs got many 'hands', so worried that in future, the child will be very active and have mischievous hands to touch this and that..

Me also carrying the first child. And also first to both my parents and in-laws.. so stressed sometimes when the thought of it..

check with you girls, did you buy any baby picts and put on walls in yr bedroom? If so, where do you get them?

I've gain 3+ kg too leh.
sad.gif
I stay in CCKC.
happy.gif

Little,
really ah? I jus ate some prawns on tues and wed. Even more hands right?
happy.gif

My MS is getting better liao. My fried told me this...let your mind control your body. So i try to do other things than to keep my mind blank so to avoid MS.
happy.gif

I'm only given folic acid. But i do drink Annum daily for calcium. Well i guess that's the best i can do for BB. But i didn't drink sufficient daily lor. Only 1 glass...cos i hate the taste of powder milk. Yucks

Hi little_ones,

I didnt gained much yet...hehe..only abt 1kg...but i think i will soon cos i eat a lot more these days...

used to skip breakfast but now have to eat breakfast and also tea breaks...
happy.gif

i also heard that crabs are "cold" and the "many hands" story...hmm..but i like crabs leh..will eat less lah but will not avoid completely.

I have not purchase any baby pic yet, saw some nice ones at one of the maternity wear shop at Novena sq.

Hi Morning all
It's friday finally. Looking forward to the weekends to ZzzzzZzz more...

Meow,
Ya lor, I aso asked my frd how abt prawns, she never said anything.. haha.. she said she heard abt crabs only. I love to eat crabs too... In fact, I love all seafood, but then again friend told me not to eat too much else bb will get sensitive skins.... sigh....

I'm very scared of drinking milk from milk powder.. eeee.. cant stand the smell
sad.gif
I actually buy full cream condense milk, as a substitute, to make the milk drink(the one we usually used to make milo) But dont know can or not, since they are all milk. haha.. will check with my gynae during the next appt.

Tigger,
ahh.. you put on 1kg only. No worries.
happy.gif
I put on weight almost the same as Meow.. My hubby complained that my hips are so huge now hahaa... but I guess pregnant woman tends to have huge hips huh.. hehe

By the way, are you all taking any tonic or birdnest now?

hi gals, can i join in too? my edd is 12 apr, i see a few girls also the same edd. ;) i'm about 9 weeks now, but my tummy is already very big, some ppl thought I'm 4 mth!..
blush.gif

tane..

welcome
happy.gif
so which hospital/gynae u doing checkup at ? Have u monitor whether u gain much weight so far ?

me too also getting fatter and fatter ..
sad.gif

little_ones,

what tonic are u taking now ? I am not taking anything or eating special.. just as per normal like before pregnancy lor. Only taking the folic acid and the vit b complex plus vit E for my complexion. I find my face is getting more and more oily and skin condition not doing well leh
sad.gif

thanks poohy...
i dunno how much weight i've gained, i guess must be quite a lot. my gyane is dr chen lin han at yishun ring rd, and going to deliver at Mt A..

during my 1st pregnancy, i took those concentrated birdnest, everyday eat 1 teaspoon. the sales ppl said start to eat on 2nd trimester so that baby skin will be good. but till now i still dunno how it benefitted me and my girl leh..so this time round, i'm not sure whether i should eat or not. haha..

Tigger,

This will be my 1st bb too.
happy.gif

Hi Tane,

Nice to know another one which shares the same EDD date as Tigger and me.
happy.gif
((hehe.. thankfully, we dun share the same gynae, else I sure panic if we were to give birth at the same time))

Hi little ones,

Thanks for compiling the lists. That's very nice of you.
happy.gif

Toking abt maternity clothes. Bought them when I was in Shanghai. So far in S'pore, I've only bought 2 maternity pants (at Taka Thyme Maternity). Their prices are on the high side. Luckily, I was able to get the 2nd pc at 50% off. Thaz y I bought 2 of them.
happy.gif

Tane..

Toking abt tummy. Me too had the experience where the salesgal thot I was actually 5th mth leh (OMG!!!). Really Gek Xim when she said that lor. Sighz.

Birdnest... So far have not started on it yet (though my hubby already stocked up some liao). Cos I heard from pp that if we take during our 1st tri... it actually doesn't benefit our bb at all. So, will be wasted. Think will start taking it when I'm into 2nd tri.
happy.gif

Hi tane, Welcome!

Wah.. looks like 4mths.. must be very big. Yr bb must be taking up all yr nutrients.
happy.gif
Are you carrying one or twins? hehe
happy.gif

I'm not taking any tonic at the moment, gynae told me to do so after 1st tri. But I feel like taking birdnest, heard that it's good for bb's skin.. and one of my friend who has given birth took it everyday, her complexion is real good - fair and smooth. But for her bb, I dont find that great different from others, prob all bb's are the same in the initial stage.

Hmm.. so many choosing Mt A, I'm toddling the idea of either Mt A or TMC.. seems like I must think carefully which to choose liao.. hehe..

Icemilo - 12Apr - Mt E
Tigger - 12Apr - Mt A
Tane - 12Apr - Mt A
Little - 14Apr - TMC
Meow - 15Apr - KKH
Funny - midApr -
Poohy - 21Apr - KKH
Stephanie - 22Apr - Gleneagles

Poohy,

Ever since I'm preggy, I think my complexion is turning for the worst liao. (all along I have acne prob). Have just stopped using the lotions which I got my from skin doc (for oil control and acne)... cos they simply "sting" my skin. Now really tao tia on wat product to use.
sad.gif

little_ones,
me definitely not carrying twins!! scan liao..

icemilo,
toking abt complexion, mine also getting quite bad, pimples keep poping out...sigh! Really envy those mummies who simply glow when they are preggy.

heard abt old wives tale that if mummy becomes "ugly" during preggy, she'll give birth to a girl? haha..quite true for my 1st one. so let's see whether it's true this time. ;)

Tane....
if your old wives tales is true, I will be very happy. :D Cos me really hoping that I'll have a gal leh. I think my hubby also buey tahan me. Saying that I'm so biased (Zhong Nu Qing Nan).

Tane,
My sis when preggie also have many pimples. Well she did give birth to a cute girl in April this year.
happy.gif
Before preggie, she also have skin problem since teenager. As for me, i'm opposite. Last month i even went for facial, my beautician told me my skin is drier.

Will tomatoes aid our skin?

My mum will cook birdnest and tonic like black chicken soup when i'm 3mths and above. But i somehow miss black chicken soup, so i cook some last week.
happy.gif

My tummy also look pretty big leh. So sad...i really wonder if i've taken too much or what.
sad.gif
Anyone has took shell food in laksa? Can eat or not huh?

Back