(2004/09) Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be

thank you all mummies for your commfort and concern. i feel bad & paiseh to post all my woes cos i seldom post, if I post sure is all complain and nagging so very paiseh lor. i can read post often too cos share PC wif colleague then at home too busy wif Nicole

Actually my hubby & I are all right just tat i like to complain to him abt him mum but most of the time we talk at home so he usually will give in to me just tat i not happy cos i know he is just "fu yan" me and will not action or ask him mum to do wat i say.
like wat berry say but a sterliser still will not help she will leave it to be an antique & still unuse.

Everytime i carry Nicole back to her then she will say "tis and tat dun have yest, how come today have" sometime nicole tend to haev rash and she say as if I purposely make it. she crazy right Nicole is my daughter how would I harm her. I dare not even carry Nicole if I have not bath unlike her she carry Nicole eevn wif her greasy and sweaty clothes so sometime really pissed off wif her, but my mum keep asking me to "ren" dun offend her cos my daughter need her to look after. therefore i cant do nothing but to keep think and think and make myself frustrating and upset.

any one usuing tollyjoy teat? i dun really like it. it seem to leak easily. i haev a mixture of tollyjoy and pigeon find tat pigeon teat is smaller. nicole cant suck tollyjoy well too, so guess i have to dump all the tollyjoy teat away

once again thank all mummies for your comfort and valuable advise

pUFF,
QN do have a little bit of flat head at the back... as for the pillow in the middle got hole one.. like yx, she tends to roll off them.. that's y I changed to a bigger and fluffy one..

Wendypooh,
well, dun be too sad abt it... I'm also using tollyjoy teats(the anti wind one) and i found it okie.. tired nuk with QN but she dun really seems to like it very much. leaking.. I also find.. than I realise that I am using different brand bottle cap with the teat.. I changed all the cap to tollyjoy.. no more problem liao...

devil,
you do look a bit like fann wong.. so nice pic of you and Quinn..

<u>West Mummies gathering</u>

hi WMs,
its great meeting up with all of you...

all Mummies..
Jus update the gathering with some photos...

Daddies and Bbies gathering to take proper pic...
278378.jpg

Ready... in place.. say chesse..
278379.jpg

(linus&amp;daddy, shanice&amp;daddy, QN&amp;daddy, Kiera&amp;daddy)

hmm... Linus to Shanice:"... er.. xcus mee shanice jie jie.. y you grab my leg.. ???
278380.jpg

mummy and linus
278381.jpg

iI'm sleeping.. can figure out who am I??keekee..
278382.jpg

More pics waiting from pcs...

actually Jen and Jean and hubby also join.. but as they came too late.. so little Jean and daddy did not join in the dad&amp;bb pic.. so sad.. Y cannot take when Jean came?? haha... by then 3/4 of the bbies were falling or had already fallen asleep... SLK and Chihiro did not join too.. nvm.. next time we will have a bigger gathering ya.. A central one.. with all SK,PG and West mummies...

Thx Beanie, pcs, sharon- Tena's smile depends on her mood one. :p

puff, I have no idea abt water in ears... this instructor has loads of experience with infant classes (according to her resume lah) and I've observed her other infant classes, all dunk water lor. *shrug* I will keep an eye out for ear infection lor- if appetite falls or foul smell. Scratch ear buay zhun for Tena- she scratch sooo often n was cleared of ear infection the other time.

Wow, nice gathering pics! Gd to see the dads and babes for a change
happy.gif
!

SOLIDS-- wahaha, I've been stealing the frozen pureed organic apple and pear cubes I made for Tena. NICE!!! Like sorbet (without cream lah), fruit ice lollie! YUMMY! At this rate I will finish ALL. Sweet leh dunno y she screw her face up??? :p

278400.jpg

278401.jpg

278402.jpg

278403.jpg

278404.jpg

^ Today's weather is great for swimming, she has sunscreen on, her tankini is put on properly :p , but she was still quite upset with the numerous overzealous dunking by HB (even the instructor gently told HB to NOT dunk her for the last few :p ). Next lesson HB said he wun dunk her, see whether she prefers no dunking...
I like this instructor alot, from what I've observed (I like to go early to watch the prior class of older infants- can see there's consistency in mtds yet variety/progression lor), and she's gentle lor, not pushy at all. ;) This lesson no "magic tunnel" (where babies go thru a tunnel floating on water), instead "floating island" lah, cos this particular class have the youngest bbs (tho T is youngest). For her other class- there's this particular waterbaby, who started abt 6/7mth, now 1yr old and is very gd in water, can SWIM a short distance unaided!

mt,
looks like tena is enjoying the swim session.. I like her suit... ya lor.. a change.. I/O mummies.. now daddies joining the club.. hehee

*** SK / PGL Gathering ***** Updates
Date : 30th Apr (Sat)
Time : 0930hrs
Venue : Compass Point @ Burger King

Littleprince &amp; Rhyan (hubby not going)
Evelyn &amp; Natalie (hubby not going)
Beanie &amp; Jodie (hubby not going)
Sharon &amp; Sharwyn (hubby not going)
Charsiew &amp; Isabel (hubby not going)
Deniz &amp; Meghan (if all hubbies not going, than not going)
Kelly &amp; Gabriel
TBL &amp; Natalie
Jen &amp; Jean

so sad... west side hubbies more sporting huh... NE side hubbies dun seem to want to show up.

Medusa... tena looks like your hubby? great pics
happy.gif

tankini so cute... I got jodie a little duckie terry-cloth one. Got it just for kicks... dun intend to let jodie swim yet. It'll be too small for her when she's ready for swimming. Gonna let her wear for taking pics only :p

Beanie,
no lah.. jus coincidence leh for all hubby to wear similar colors... some are pale yellow..
no worries lah.. maybe the hubbies for next wk sk/pg gathering are all working in the morning.. ours timing is afternoon.. therefore hubby free mah.. heehee

by the way... Sheng Shiong will be opening an outlet at west coast soon. It'll be at what used to be the area office at clementi west st. 2 (opposite Ginza plaza, behind CC).

Mom was saying that the residents all looking forward to it :p Goodie, I can ask mom to buy stuff for me... hehe... the ones in the north &amp; NE are a bit inconvenient for me.

west mummies gathering
so fun!!! what time u guys left the place huh? cos i went to bt batok around 5pm and was thinking of dropping by bt panjang but on 2nd thots, u guys might have left liao

beanie
can let me know where is NE sheng shiong outlet located at? thanks

*** SK / PGL Gathering ***** Updates
Date : Saturday, Apr 30
Time : 0930hrs
Venue : Burger King @ Compass Point

Littleprince &amp; Rhyan (hubby not going)
Evelyn &amp; Natalie (hubby not going)
Beanie &amp; Jodie (hubby not going)
Sharon &amp; Sharwyn (hubby not going)
Charsiew &amp; Isabel (hubby not going)
Deniz &amp; Meghan (if all hubbies not going, than not going)
Kelly &amp; Gabriel
TBL &amp; Natalie
Jen &amp; Jean
Puff &amp; Yingxin

heh heh, my hubby will definitely not show up no matter which gathering i go (only i go with him for his car forum gatherings)

the only exception was the one at ruffy's house; cos he has to help me carry lotsa stuff (diapers, haversack, bag of clothes etc)

Beanie,
hmm.. the west Sheng Siong which is nearer to us is the one at 10 mile junction.. I went to sheng siong once and realised that the formula there are cheaper than those in NTUC.. so if next time you stop BF, maybe you can consider going there to get the formula for jodi ya.. well some hubbies dun like to go to these types of gathering.. hee..

puff,
I went off around 1730hrs.. if you got come earlier.. than maybe still in time ya.. nvm, next time got chance one..

I think if can next gathering for all mummies can settle at someone's house.. like last time the first bbies gathering.. (though I did not attend).. I think more convenient...

QN: Mummi jus bought me some blocks @ a toy fair @ causeway pt.. and a 'shapes' book... hmm.. now let mee seee.. wat shape is this??"
278528.jpg

aiya.. cannot choose to play with the block or read my book.. so confusing..." okie lah.. bite the block first..
278529.jpg

puff, the one nearest to us would be at Pasir Ris Elias mall there (i think). My colleague told me. I have not been there b4, so dunno if its any good.

sharon, the last pic is sooo adorable! So tender!
happy.gif
Hmm, the green enclosure looks rather high at the sides, looks very safe!
happy.gif
Did she like the balls? T is quite excited by such floating balls in the pool during her swim (but gets frustrated cos she can't reach for it when HB holds her and bypasses the balls, LOL)!

Eh, how come wkend so few pics ah? Where's all the other darlings?
happy.gif

Puff,
Please dun cut Yingxin's pretty locks! But if u so decide, pls donate some to Esther :p

278709.jpg

"Mummy say I too little hair, so I go buy myself a wig. Comes with a free hat u know!"

Sharon,
hww.. I also like the last pic of sharwyn.. so 'yang ou'.. hahaha... did she like the balls? QN love the balls when I put her in tthe 'crab ball pool'.. ha.. but shanice came over last sat and she was not used to it.. got scare than cry.. hehee...

zizitine,
esther looked so so sweet... so adorable...

morning to all
happy.gif

brought rhyan to swim again yest, starting to get used to the huge amt of stuff i need to bring during his swims and all the scurrying to and fro to dry him etc .. but, he really enjoy himself in the pool lah .. so will make an effort to bring him every wk and swim with him since bought a swimsuit for him .. and i bought one for myself also (which is expensive to my budget) .. need mileage :p

medusa
very nice swimsuit for tena .. i saw this brand - "something-Paradise" at Isetan, find their bb bikinis very cute too ..

beanie
my hb works on Sat mornings lah .. hehe ..

SHENG SHIONG
pasir ris elias mall got Sheng Shiong meh? i thought that is a wat-bamboo supermarket? the one i know in PR is at Loyang Point .. Bedok North got one also, i think .. dun think i know the rest ..

btw, when u all buy milk powder, must ensure you buy those that are MADE IN SINGAPORE .. coz some FM can be very cheap but actually made in Malaysia, heard inferior quality ..

andreq
QN's toy cubes look very fun leh ..

sharon
wah, sharon ate fried mushrooms and drank root beer ah .. hehe .. rhyan ate his first cake on Sat .. fm BAKERS INN .. compliments fm his friend who is the same age as him .. :p

berry
wah, say wanna go Science Centre soon and really go the next day ah .. did Faye enjoy her trip?

ziztine
esther looks absolutely lovable in the wig, u really bought it specially for her? she looks like a doll ..

Hi Morning ladies

West Mums Gathering

It was fun to meet up mums,dds and of course BBS. Kei enjoyed herself she was cooing, smiling and touching the others bbs - She was so excited that she grab the other bbs clothes! so peiseh :p

Andrea
U r really efficient. My home pc is down so unable to upload the pics and I FORGET to bring to my office so can only pose them tomorrow.

Medusa
The swimwear looks good on Tena but yah agree wif u she looks happier in the previous lesson.

Puff
Yah don't cut YX hair lah, so sayang

Berry
Faye is 7 mths oredi. "Gong xi Gong Xi.
Oh yah "Gong xi" to Rhyan and Quinn too :p

Sharon
Agreed wif other mums, Sharwyn last pics so sweet. Did u ask yr HB how he feels when Sharwyn lay on his chest ? Kei dds says he feels v "xing Fu" when kei lays on his chest that way.

ziztine
Esther looks soooo pretty in the wig :p

lil prince, yar, faye loves the science centre! lotsa buttons she can press hehehe

ziztine, LOL esther looks so ladylike!

sharon, got other pics to post?

GATHERING PICS- wahh so nice the pics!
happy.gif
Lemme guess ah, the faceless mummy carrying the baby in craddle position is angelia rite?? hehe

ziztine, Esther's so pretty and demure there! Lovely dress and colourful cap
happy.gif
. Aiyah she dun need long locks to look beautiful ;) , can follow the mum... sassy short do!

lilprince, aiyoh my mileage not enough leh... she's outgrown her 1st swim diaper (worn under her tankini bottom)! Lucky gf gave me her bb's- in bigger size, no need to spend buy another or else heartpain. This tankini only $8 brandnew Yahoo auction, meant for 6-12mth, but hor, I think it's getting rather tight for her, will outgrow very soon too! *faints* Just bought a swimsuit 12mth up, standby... *rolls eyes*.

Next lesson no dunking see whether she'd be happier, and will rent a thermal swimsuit (the swim sch rents $3 per suit, I feel more worth it than buying, cos so ex to buy, and outgrow so quickly). But hor, wear thermal swimsuit, the pretty normal swimsuit under it like no point hor? LOL! *cough cough* And I will attempt to be in pool with her after my HK trip in mid-may, tho must be very careful... last wkend a mum slipped and went UNDER, she very gd tho- held the bb ABOVE water! *thumbs up*

<font color="ff6000">little_prince, little_devil</font>
thanks for the info
happy.gif

anyway.. tried looking ard for ikan bilis powder, still no avail.. guess i will hv do the grinding myself tis wkend

<font color="0000ff">WMG</font>
wow, nice photos ! pity cldnt turn up as hubby was sick
sad.gif

<font color="0000ff">Curash powder</font>
rem the powder which little_prince/little_devil posted quite some time for heat rash
i saw that it is selling @ Giant &amp; Chinatown's CK
mummies who like to get this, maybe can check out from these places besides the pharmacy at KKH

Puff,
Apparently I've got Sheng Shiong's location wrong :p Little prince says that it's at Loyang Point and not Elias Mall. So make sure you dun go to the wrong place.

Jialat... colleague gave me wrong location. Lucky I have not made a trip down yet.

Yuru, pincer grip means Faye very CRABBY!!! :p *avoids arbish from Berry/Faye*
No lah, means can use 2nd finger and thumb to grip things, more advanced.
happy.gif

Btw, HB's colleague gave her 5mth old bb white rice cereal to try last week. Only 1 teaspoon mixed into EBM. BB broke out with rashes. Allergic reaction to WHITE RICE! wah lao... white rice also can kena allergic reaction. If jodie kena this I dunno what to feed her leow.

Was planning to try out White Rice cereal next week but am kinda having 2nd thoughts now.

Those starting on brown rice cereals, do consider starting on white rice cereals 1st. Less chance of getting allergic reaction then brown rice.

278829.jpg

^ Happy happy...
278830.jpg

^ Then puke! Still happy!
278831.jpg

^ Cleaned up liao, let's test ur balance...
278832.jpg

278833.jpg

278834.jpg

Aiyah, today she got double eyelids BOTH sides (very rare can buy toto once-in-blue-moon kind of thing), and she's almost outgrown this 0-3mth top (which is MY FAVE)... was hoping to snap some gorgeous pics, but puke one wet patch leh.
sad.gif

Nice meeting all mummies, enjoyed our gathering. Hope to c more mummies in the nxt gathering.

andrea
Thks for posting the pic,Aiyo y my nose so big &amp; I looked so auntie!! But i'm happy to see my boy so cute &amp; chubby.keke... face. Can post my pic to my email? Paiseh to trouble u.
my add: [email protected]

pcs
Pls dun post my pic on net, i'll get heart attack to c more of my auntie face. Can post my pic to my email? Paiseh to trouble u.
my add: [email protected]

<font color="ff6000">yuru</font>
yes, the ikan bilis powder is meant to mix into porridge.
and yes, my mum has oredi introduce porridge to cali last fri.. without my knowledge till i got home tt day... tink fish is added into the porridge too.. all mashed up to very fine

brown rice cereal
you can get at any supermarket, NTUC
the name is Si Sen Ikan Bilis Brown Rice powder (something like tt)
i read that if there's Yang Sheng being mixed into this Brown Rice poweder, it sort of balance off the heaty element of Brown Rice
as for Si Shen (a herb's name) is for "kai wei"
the one with Yang Sheng added is slightly more expensive

as for poo poo, to me it looks the same leh.. not watery or hard
usually during the wkend, she refuse to poo in potty when i "nggg" her numerous times... always do it in her diapers
uhoh.gif

but when my mum "nggg" her, she do it ...
only yesterday she did it in potty

Chihiro
Its ok lah. can meet up next time. A bit disappointed cannot see Calista though :p

Beanie
Hur?? Allergic to white rice - 1st time heard of it. Cannot feed white rice so what did they give to bb instead?

Berry
Oh so using thumb and 2nd finger is Pincer Grip. Maybe Faye's next step will be the Pincer Pinch. LOL :p

Medusa
I was abt to ask u how come Tena's eyes looks so big and pretty. She really looks V V pretty wif double eyelids :p

Oranges
Will mail the pix to u tomorrow.

yuru, er.. my book says to start carrots at 7 months. thats why Faye hasnt tried carrots yet. Cindy had eggs already?? Not egg white rite?

pcs, wahahaha yar hor ;P

Yuru
Started to give kei carrots when she was 5.5 mths old and egg yolk at 6 mths. So far so good "touch wood"

BB Food
So far I have given brocoli, carrots, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, fish, apples, papaya, banana and pears.
Mummies do u know of any other types of food I can give her??
Wanted to give her more green vege, any suggestions?

Hi Ladies,
I am new to this thread(mummy thread) and i happen to fall under Yr end mum-to-be! Now, i am a mummy to a 19wks gal! I need to check with you ladies that where can i get those book for babies solid? Coz if i dont read this thread, i wont know that carrots can only be introduce after 7mths....thanks in advance!

Afternoon mummies,
MT,
Tena looks so cute and happy on the white "rocker" chair..
happy.gif
U going HK shoppin..bring Tena along?

Sharon,
Wyn..enjoyed swimming eh..so happy in the water. We also brough Ryan swimming yesterday..he enjoyed walking around blowing bubbles at the children pool.
happy.gif

pcs,Yuru,
I started her on carrots, egg yolk, no adverse reaction but every bb is different, maybe hold off for Cindy time being lor.
happy.gif
Egg yolk high in ARA, animal protein, but only hard-boiled, mashed with water into paste and taste is STRONG, so mix with bland barley cereal or else difficult to eat just like that. :p Not whole egg yolk, just abit, and not daily lor.

Yuru, she's in a rocking chair, can test her sitting stability in it :p .

Sharon, wow nice flying pics, Wyn liked it yah?
happy.gif

Baby Walkers

The myth: Baby walkers help babies to learn how to walk.

The truth: Prolonged use of baby walkers can slow down baby's ability to walk.

Babies go through many stages of development. As the infant grows, the central nervous system matures and muscle bulk increases in size gradually. This allows the infant to move from a lying down to an upright position.

There have been no studies to prove that an infant will walk at an earlier age if he is put in a walker.

Putting an infant in a walker allows him to move around and explore his surroundings. It encourages the child to extend his legs, allowing weight bearing to occur. At the same time, the muscle groups in the legs of the baby are strengthened.

In addition, the infant should be about 5 to 6 months old before being put in a walker. This is to ensure that he has developed adequate head and upper body control in an upright position.

When the infant further develops and starts to crawl or pull himself into the standing position, other muscle groups are developed in these activities. Putting the infant in a walker then might not allow development of these other muscle groups.

As the child grows stronger, a single push on the walker might propel the infant in the walker far ahead. This may lead to headlong collisions with furniture, or falls down a flight of unbarred steps.

Baby walkers have been responsible for many injuries and deaths in children as:

Babies in walkers move faster and reach higher than are appropriate for their age, putting them at risk of injuries
Babies in walkers cannot see where they are going or what they are running over well
Walkers tip over easily
With the `aid `of walkers, toddlers can run into hidden dangers, bump into furniture, pull on hanging appliance cords, topple over, and fall down stairs

ok, strange post from me-
I always complain my MIL, right? Now things are alot better :p hehe, so i shld rave :p.

PILs make effort to keep place clean for Tena, buy new sofa so she can roll on clean sofa, paint the bedrm wall, even took my suggestion to remove HB's old bed and bought 2 new mattresses to lay on the floor and "bumper" against the wall for Tena to flip around on. This involves moving old bed out, clearing stuff under the bed (HB's rubbish lah!), cleaning the carpet, etc!

MIL doesnt try to smear any strange foods on her mouth, nor insist on feeding solids (wkends when T's there, i just ask them feed FM all the way for less hassle, n biscuits lah, with warning must watch her while eating). I must get round to printing CPR/choking pictures to pass to them for safety too, hmm. VERY surprisingly, never clash me on anything regarding Tena's care (!!! maybe i too fierce liao :p). Though she still doesnt "read" Tena very well (everytime Tena makes whining sound she still thinks it poo sound, lol), but seems that T enjoys bath-time by her now
happy.gif
. She saw me sling T and never complained, even sounded approving leh!

FIL also brings T down for gai-gai walk which T seems to enjoy too
happy.gif

Oh n never complain to demand to see T more, n never complain to dun wan to take care of T either, heehee! Never say I stress T by bringing her to weird classes (in fact quite approving leh, even tho they saw the head-submerged swim pics n videos). That time i rush off so we can catch movie, MIL actually encourage!

ok rave alot liao, better shut up lest I jinx myself :p . And I can even email T's pics to FIL, cos otherwise wait for HB burn CD, cows also haven come home hehe (and last time MIL did comment y never burn CD, now got email, no complaint so far!). :D

medusa
tts why i super KS, let rhyan wear a 2yr old swimsuit .. LOL .. i dunno how long he will grow out of it though .. but i more heartpain abt my swimsuit, but worthwhile lah when i can play with rhyan in the pool .. hehe ..

wah, tena sits in designer chair huh? compliments her growing out romper ..

IKAN BILIS POWEDER
btw, i dun just add powder to cooked porridge leh, i add this in just before porridge is cooked so tt it can "cook" for a while .. else not very fine in the porridge, i am afraid it will taste "hu hu" ..

BB Food
rhyan is okie with most of the food leh, nanny let him try carrots, spinach, cabbage, pear, grapes, apples, pork, fish, ikan bilis powder, egg yolk, potatoes (sweet or yellow), broccoli, bananas and dunno what else, cannot remember all .. veggies are very minced kind ..

i tried avocado, chicken, cereal (brown n white rice) .. oh, he had a lil diarrhoea yest fm my frozen avocados leh .. dunno why, gave me a fright .. but only diarrhoea once then ok liao .. so i only gave him plain brown rice cereal last nite ..

lilprince, cant b coincidence abt frozen avocado- it gave ME diarrhea, T din eat much lah. M not gonna make frozen avocado anymore, only fresh, safer i think!

Back