Looking to be Adoptive Parents

Midnight31

Hello

My husband and I are looking to discuss possible adoption with pregnant women who have decided to adopt out their baby. I understand this is an incredibly emotional and difficult time for you and it would be important for you to find the right match. Here is a brief bit about ourselves...

We are in our mid thirties and have been married for close to four years. We currently don't have any children because of fertility issues which we can discuss in person. Before learning about my fertility issues however, I have always thought of adopting. It is a new concept for my husband. He had never thought of it as a possibility until we found out about our fertility issues. He has an uncle who was adopted and so it totally on board. Our desire to be parents far exceed the desire to pass on genetics to the next generation.

My hubby works full time in the shipping/mining industry and financially we are very comfortable. I was a teacher but have recently stopped that and now I just do volunteer work with a few agencies around town mainly in the animal care sector. We live in a three bedroom unit with two cats. We own a car. We live next door to my brother in law and have many of my husband's family close by. I'm Australian (hubby is Singaporean) and a lot of our holidays revolve around visiting family and holidaying in Australia. Although we will definitely be in Singapore for the next three or four years minimum, we will at some stage in the future settle in Australia.

We are both quiet people although I can be quite chatty with friends and family. It's fair to say we are quite adventurous

Our weekends consist of hiking, picnicking at the parks, going shopping and relaxing at home. Sometimes we take weekend getaways to places like Penang. I plan on being a stay-at-home mum until any children we have start school (rough plan). Depending on the age of the child, there would be regular time at home with mum, going to the pool, going to park, shopping and visiting family and playing with friends and cousins. There would be weekends away and holidays in Australia. We would do things like visit my aunty's hobby farm with goats, cows, chickens and ducks.

We will encourage an open adoption. This is for the benefit of the child. It's really important for them to understand where they came from and who their birth parents or at least birth mother is. I understand this can be very difficult for the birth mother. If you are unsure of the benefits, please do some reading on adoption. There are also youtube videos on open adoptions. It certainly does not mean the pressure of weekly visits. We can discuss what you are comfortable with and this is something that can change over time. For example, it may start with an email update once every 6 months or 12 months. Perhaps a little visit once a year as the child grows. After many years and we live in Australia, perhaps a visit when we come back to Singapore for holidays. My parents have a family friend who adopted a child out when she was 14 years old and it was closed as usual back in the 70s. She always wondered how her child was and what he was up to. When the family friend was in her late 50s, the son finally found her and made contact. She was very happy as was he and as were the adoptive parents. They all have a very good relationship although they don't necessarily see each other all time, they do see each other occasionally and it has filled a hole in their hearts that was left empty for years. If you are unsure about an open adoption, just let me know and we can discuss it.

We will not be taken for a ride by unscrupulous scam artists. I am very aware that posting online, leaves us open to this. We may eventually end up going through an agent but would rather avoid the costs involved. Please contact me at [email protected] if you have any questions or are interesting in meeting up and discussing your adoption plan.

Last edited:

Back