Support group - Miscarriages

i went for a check at 8 weeks but doc said it should be only 6 weeks and cannot detect anything.
he tried using virginal scan but also nothing detected. I google and think my sac is empty base on the scan he printed to me ....
He did not mention anything but i can feel something is not right.
He request to go back 1 week later but i postpone to 2 weeks....
I have been crying for nights ...
I think i am mentally prepare for D&C .... Is it done in KKh or private hospital or clinic?
Roughtly how much it will cost ?
Hi mspink, sorry to hear that but perhaps you should look for another gynae for a second opinion in the meantime.
I just had a miscarriage, it was my first and I understand the kind of pain and heartache that you r feeling. It was terrible because I could hear the heartbeat of the foetus, but a few days later, there was no more heartbeat.
I did my D&C with a private hosp as my gynae operates there. My d&c cost abt 3k cos my gynae is more exp, but when I went to the first gynae I consulted with, he mentioned it would cost abt 2k plus.

i went for a check at 8 weeks but doc said it should be only 6 weeks and cannot detect anything.
he tried using virginal scan but also nothing detected. I google and think my sac is empty base on the scan he printed to me ....
He did not mention anything but i can feel something is not right.
He request to go back 1 week later but i postpone to 2 weeks....
I have been crying for nights ...
I think i am mentally prepare for D&C .... Is it done in KKh or private hospital or clinic?
Roughtly how much it will cost ?

Hi.
If doc didn't mention anything, it might not be something serious since he said it shld be 6 wks..

U said 8 wks based on yr last mense date?

I would advise to seek another opinion soon too...

I did my d&c at NUH and cost me $1k but most of it covered by medisave & after final bill, I didn't not fork out any cash cos they refunded me the full deposit of $600 a few wks later....

Hi,

I'd like to know if any of you experienced the baby naturally came out?

I still feel pregnancy symptoms and no bleeding. This week should be 9th week and it was 1st time I had check up at hospital yesterday. I found out the baby does not have heartbeat. From ultrasound screen, I could see a form like baby inside but everything was very still and quiet.

So I wanted to wait for 2 weeks in case the baby can naturally come out, and we will have another check up if D&C will be needed. I started taking antibiotics yesterday evening.

Somehow I wonder should I go for 2nd doctor opinion because I didn't have much time to make decision. :( feeling more depressed

Just have a question for ladies here... After miscarriage, is your first (few) AF normal? I got my AF about 5 weeks after my D&E. It was rather normal, 5 days but a bit heavier than usual. Then when I thought it's over, I had mid cycle bleeding at CD8 and CD12. I nv had such bleeding ever before. It's just a gush of brown blood (old blood), then just spotting for the next day and all is clear again. I read that there no "normal" kind of AF after miscarriage, body is still whacko? Anyone else had such experiences?

My doc followup is two weeks later... Really hope the scan will show my uterus has healed properly... Haiz!

Just have a question for ladies here... After miscarriage, is your first (few) AF normal? I got my AF about 5 weeks after my D&E. It was rather normal, 5 days but a bit heavier than usual. Then when I thought it's over, I had mid cycle bleeding at CD8 and CD12. I nv had such bleeding ever before. It's just a gush of brown blood (old blood), then just spotting for the next day and all is clear again. I read that there no "normal" kind of AF after miscarriage, body is still whacko? Anyone else had such experiences?

My doc followup is two weeks later... Really hope the scan will show my uterus has healed properly... Haiz!
it is normal for period to be haywire after mc..cos of the hormones trying to regulate itself..but as u going for scan next week see what ur gynae says..all the best!

Hi,

I'd like to know if any of you experienced the baby naturally came out?

I still feel pregnancy symptoms and no bleeding. This week should be 9th week and it was 1st time I had check up at hospital yesterday. I found out the baby does not have heartbeat. From ultrasound screen, I could see a form like baby inside but everything was very still and quiet.

So I wanted to wait for 2 weeks in case the baby can naturally come out, and we will have another check up if D&C will be needed. I started taking antibiotics yesterday evening.

Somehow I wonder should I go for 2nd doctor opinion because I didn't have much time to make decision. :( feeling more depressed
hugs..I had experienced natural mc..the trouble is that u duno when exactly will it happen. it will be tricky if u are working..hmm..maybe hv a 2nd opinion?...but then u said u hv taken antibiotics..

hugs..I had experienced natural mc..the trouble is that u duno when exactly will it happen. it will be tricky if u are working..hmm..maybe hv a 2nd opinion?...but then u said u hv taken antibiotics..

The 2nd opinion also confirm no heartbeat...I schedule another checkup this Tuesday so we can have D&C schedule later. Still has no sign of blood at all, and yes it's very shaking my mind when it will start.

The 2nd opinion also confirm no heartbeat...I schedule another checkup this Tuesday so we can have D&C schedule later. Still has no sign of blood at all, and yes it's very shaking my mind when it will start.
hugs...keep strong this moment ..

Hi ladies, im new to this thread (not a place that all of us wld want to come). only started reading the last few pages of the posts recently as i really dont know who i can turn to besides my husb. I dont think any of my friends can truly understand what i'm going thru now as most of them are either single or married with kids with no history of m/c...
last week was the 10th week of my preg and detected that the bb's hb had alrdy stopped at 8 weeks+. I kind of suspected something wasnt right when my morning sickness suddenly disappeared overnight during the 9th week. It's my 2nd fresh ivf cycle but first time bfp...Due to my low egg count, there's nothing to freeze and so i have to go thru the 3rd round of fresh cycle for my next ttc..
doc suggested to let it flush out naturally which i also prefer that way..
Right now there'r no signs of cramp and bleeding..just have to wait..
just to check, can i go for tcm to tiao my body now or wait till i start to bleed?
thanks

I am new to this thread. Just wanted to share and pour out some sadness here. I have spotting during week 5-6, therefore went KKH A&E for a check and was given 2 weeks duphaston and they scan are able to see and hear heartbeat. So 2 weeks later was the normal check up with KKH, there another scan and heartbeat also can be hear. it seem the grow is good, but just a few days i start is spotting again, but it was very little compare to early on and gone a few days and come abit again. There is 1day i have this sharp pain cramp on my left stomach, but is not abdominal pain. when finally the next apt at weeks 12 but was found baby no hb with the size of weeks9+ only. current i still at a lost keep thinking is it due to i din go A&E to check on the spotting or cramp reason to cause this miscarriage. ofcos i hear alot of people miscarriage too. But the heart is pain and whenever i touch my tummy i tear will wanna fall. tml will be going back for check up and may do D&C since now weeks 13 i still not natural come out.

I am new to this thread. Just wanted to share and pour out some sadness here. I have spotting during week 5-6, therefore went KKH A&E for a check and was given 2 weeks duphaston and they scan are able to see and hear heartbeat. So 2 weeks later was the normal check up with KKH, there another scan and heartbeat also can be hear. it seem the grow is good, but just a few days i start is spotting again, but it was very little compare to early on and gone a few days and come abit again. There is 1day i have this sharp pain cramp on my left stomach, but is not abdominal pain. when finally the next apt at weeks 12 but was found baby no hb with the size of weeks9+ only. current i still at a lost keep thinking is it due to i din go A&E to check on the spotting or cramp reason to cause this miscarriage. ofcos i hear alot of people miscarriage too. But the heart is pain and whenever i touch my tummy i tear will wanna fall. tml will be going back for check up and may do D&C since now weeks 13 i still not natural come out.
Hi Yan*,

I had my miscarriage at the end of March this year. I also saw my baby HB 3x before and all strong and fast. But who would have expected... I didn't know my baby HB stopped until my 16 week scan n baby measured only 13+ weeks. Was also devastated. I had no signs no bleeding too. I opted for D&E immediately cos I couldn't imagine passing out my baby at home. Since its been a few weeks for u, I think it's better to opt for the procedure as I think it's not good to have the fetus inside you for so long...Ask your gynae about it.

A lot of ppl miscarry but not many ppl talk abt it. I happen to be the unlucky one who miscarry amongst about 20 over ppl I know who had babies the past two years. I am still wondering why me lah!?

I also cried for weeks after my miscarriage and everything related to my baby makes me cry. Even now I will cry once in a while thinking about my angel. Let time heal the pain. More importantly is to take care of yourself so as to be best prepared when our rainbow baby decides to come to us.

Hi ladies, im new to this thread (not a place that all of us wld want to come). only started reading the last few pages of the posts recently as i really dont know who i can turn to besides my husb. I dont think any of my friends can truly understand what i'm going thru now as most of them are either single or married with kids with no history of m/c...
last week was the 10th week of my preg and detected that the bb's hb had alrdy stopped at 8 weeks+. I kind of suspected something wasnt right when my morning sickness suddenly disappeared overnight during the 9th week. It's my 2nd fresh ivf cycle but first time bfp...Due to my low egg count, there's nothing to freeze and so i have to go thru the 3rd round of fresh cycle for my next ttc..
doc suggested to let it flush out naturally which i also prefer that way..
Right now there'r no signs of cramp and bleeding..just have to wait..
just to check, can i go for tcm to tiao my body now or wait till i start to bleed?
thanks
Gosh..reading your post sounds dejavu..*hugs*...my loss also 2nd ivf cycle at 11.5weeks but think my bb stopped growing at week 8-9weeks as my symptoms disappeared as well..but I didn't go scan and didn't know until one fine day it started with the bleeding and natural mc..I suggest dun do tcm now yet..wait til the bleed out first then tcm. BTW, My 2nd fresh although got extra frozen but no luck I believe it's the quality of both the egg and sperms..or maybe my previous suay clinic de freeze/thaw method....or maybe just that my turn wasn't there yet at that time..sigh..jia you!

Hi Yan*,

I had my miscarriage at the end of March this year. I also saw my baby HB 3x before and all strong and fast. But who would have expected... I didn't know my baby HB stopped until my 16 week scan n baby measured only 13+ weeks. Was also devastated. I had no signs no bleeding too. I opted for D&E immediately cos I couldn't imagine passing out my baby at home. Since its been a few weeks for u, I think it's better to opt for the procedure as I think it's not good to have the fetus inside you for so long...Ask your gynae about it.

A lot of ppl miscarry but not many ppl talk abt it. I happen to be the unlucky one who miscarry amongst about 20 over ppl I know who had babies the past two years. I am still wondering why me lah!?

I also cried for weeks after my miscarriage and everything related to my baby makes me cry. Even now I will cry once in a while thinking about my angel. Let time heal the pain. More importantly is to take care of yourself so as to be best prepared when our rainbow baby decides to come to us.
HUGs....

Gosh..reading your post sounds dejavu..*hugs*...my loss also 2nd ivf cycle at 11.5weeks but think my bb stopped growing at week 8-9weeks as my symptoms disappeared as well..but I didn't go scan and didn't know until one fine day it started with the bleeding and natural mc..I suggest dun do tcm now yet..wait til the bleed out first then tcm. BTW, My 2nd fresh although got extra frozen but no luck I believe it's the quality of both the egg and sperms..or maybe my previous suay clinic de freeze/thaw method....or maybe just that my turn wasn't there yet at that time..sigh..jia you!
Thanks Lambi! I think i saw u in another thread (2015 ivf mummies) when i dropped by during my 6-7th week preg.. Before i even have a chance to communicate with mtb in that thread, i have to 'transfer' to this thread instead..
Congrats to u n have a smooth preg ahead. Thanks for dropping here to share ur experience n advice and encouragement with us.

Thanks Lambi! I think i saw u in another thread (2015 ivf mummies) when i dropped by during my 6-7th week preg.. Before i even have a chance to communicate with mtb in that thread, i have to 'transfer' to this thread instead..
Congrats to u n have a smooth preg ahead. Thanks for dropping here to share ur experience n advice and encouragement with us.
hey no worries ..im just sharing what I can as I myself suffered many early mc before and know the all hurt that comes along..no one can understand without going thru..moreover we ivfers went the longer route to get preggy .. stay strong..fighting ok!

Btw, how long do we have to wait after a m/c b4 we can start another cycle? My doc told me ard 2-3months..
i want to settle my body fully n not rush into the next round, but at the back of my head thinks that age is catching up n cant wait for too long..

Btw, how long do we have to wait after a m/c b4 we can start another cycle? My doc told me ard 2-3months..
i want to settle my body fully n not rush into the next round, but at the back of my head thinks that age is catching up n cant wait for too long..
hmm..best 2-3 mths yes or longer if u r comfy and ready mentally and physically ..do u do tcm? I brew bazhen soup myself for some mths after +lrd tea and raspberry leave tea with honey ..how young r u now may I ask?

hmm..best 2-3 mths yes or longer if u r comfy and ready mentally and physically ..do u do tcm? I brew bazhen soup myself for some mths after +lrd tea and raspberry leave tea with honey ..how young r u now may I ask?
I just turned 35. But i feel that ive egg quality n quantity of late 40s or even 50 mayb.. Due to a past surgery i had (myomectomy for my big fibroid) in 2009, my ovarian reserves dropped drastically.. Dr had to maximise dosage to increase follicles but each time only 1-2 fertilised, so no extra to freeze..
I did tcm+accup last yr for my first ivf. But bfn then.. This time round i didnt go for any and bfp, but short-lived..
So after this mc, im planning for tcm again to settle my body properly

I just turned 35. But i feel that ive egg quality n quantity of late 40s or even 50 mayb.. Due to a past surgery i had (myomectomy for my big fibroid) in 2009, my ovarian reserves dropped drastically.. Dr had to maximise dosage to increase follicles but each time only 1-2 fertilised, so no extra to freeze..
I did tcm+accup last yr for my first ivf. But bfn then.. This time round i didnt go for any and bfp, but short-lived..
So after this mc, im planning for tcm again to settle my body properly
oic..maybe can try dhea? I read many take that to improve egg quality. im turning 36 soon..ppl like fann wong also bfp in her 40s..so got hope de ok.. jiayou!

oic..maybe can try dhea? I read many take that to improve egg quality. im turning 36 soon..ppl like fann wong also bfp in her 40s..so got hope de ok.. jiayou!
Trying to stay positive.. Give it one more shot. cant take these roller coaster rides anymore..
Ive heard of dhea but cant seem to find them in pharmacies.. Shall ask my dr..
Thanks Lambi!

Thanks to this thread. Been finding mental support from here. Had my d&c last week and thought i will get over it but been crying every night.... still dont understand why its me when me and my husband dont drink dont smoke ... But maybe its fated .... trying to accept and move on but tears just drop down every night. ..

Hi Yan*,

Thank LostAngel for the encouragement..just opt for D&E n finished the operation..the waiting time for the operation is long with the cramp is making me crazy.. currently have low confidence in myself for the next pregnancy..

I agree there people miscarriage but hardly people who share. There are people out there going through hard time too. Just today I get to know this patient beside me found her baby was not normal at her 23weeks. She hard no choice but to end the pregnancy, she say that in tear n I know it's really a heart pain to make this choice.

Here I can only pray for those who are go through hardships pregnancy may get ur angle real soon..

Thanks to this thread. Been finding mental support from here. Had my d&c last week and thought i will get over it but been crying every night.... still dont understand why its me when me and my husband dont drink dont smoke ... But maybe its fated .... trying to accept and move on but tears just drop down every night. ..
Agree this thread giving each and other support. I just did my D&E and cried when I back to bed.. both me n my husband dun smoke or drink yet miscarriage happen. I myself trying my best to move on, as no matter how sad I am it seem our baby wouldn't come back alive. Let us work hard together to move on..

Trying to stay positive.. Give it one more shot. cant take these roller coaster rides anymore..
Thanks Lambi!
no problem! but fyi dhea only doc can prescribe ..cannot get off the rack

Thanks Lambi!
Hi I know it is hard and hope that time will make the pain less. I also have little eggs and went thru one miscarriage. The fresh cycle after that I conceived. Just wanted to say, there is hope.

PS. I took DHEA but I don't think it helped.

Agree this thread giving each and other support. I just did my D&E and cried when I back to bed.. both me n my husband dun smoke or drink yet miscarriage happen. I myself trying my best to move on, as no matter how sad I am it seem our baby wouldn't come back alive. Let us work hard together to move on..
Can understand the pain. Hugs. Just take care of urself, grieve a little while and move on. Some ppl get a little token like a nice keychain for the baby's memory but it is up to u. I chose to erase the memory, and time does heal the pain. I still rem how it felt like on the hospital bed though I rarely think about it now.

Has anyone experienced using Cytotec to induce a miscarriage and had successful preg thereafter?
I didnt want to go thru dc procedure n yet natural bleeding still hasnt occurred after nearly 4 weeks..
My concern abt using medication to induce is whether the uterus will be weakened and affect future conception although dr said its safe

Can understand the pain. Hugs. Just take care of urself, grieve a little while and move on. Some ppl get a little token like a nice keychain for the baby's memory but it is up to u. I chose to erase the memory, and time does heal the pain. I still rem how it felt like on the hospital bed though I rarely think about it now.
Hi, maybe can consider doing some form of donations. I did that for my 2nd MC cos the grief is too heavy. I felt like doing some good deeds for my babies..donating on their behalf to bless others. the donation make me feel some sense of comfort.

hi guys,

I'm 34 this year. Early in Jan i had a MC at 9 weeks. After trying for a year. One of the worst time ever. Already sad over the MC. And was barged with annoying questions about when i'm going to be pregnant during CNY the following month in Feb.

Anyway i was suppose to go for a D&C the same day during checkup when my dr mention its not a viable pregnancy & ruled out atopic pregnancy which was what he suspected at first . I was a bit confused & sad then - so i told the dr i decide to wait a week. But the very next day it came out naturally. It was definitely more painful. But i had arcoxia painkillers at home and i took that. It helped. Period was longer than usual . Full flow for 8 days straight. When i went back to see my dr again. He did the scans & blood test and mention that it was all cleared. I had no one to talk to as my family and friends was all back in malaysia. Basically had to survive on watsapp for directions on what to cook next to 'pou' back. I basically cooked confinement food myself for the next 8 days. We are still trying . still no luck sadly :(

I do wish everyone here the best of luck & loads of hugs . We are thinking of doing fertility check ups since we are not getting any younger . Any recommendations here? both private and GH ???

hi guys,

I'm 34 this year. Early in Jan i had a MC at 9 weeks. After trying for a year. One of the worst time ever. Already sad over the MC. And was barged with annoying questions about when i'm going to be pregnant during CNY the following month in Feb.

Anyway i was suppose to go for a D&C the same day during checkup when my dr mention its not a viable pregnancy & ruled out atopic pregnancy which was what he suspected at first . I was a bit confused & sad then - so i told the dr i decide to wait a week. But the very next day it came out naturally. It was definitely more painful. But i had arcoxia painkillers at home and i took that. It helped. Period was longer than usual . Full flow for 8 days straight. When i went back to see my dr again. He did the scans & blood test and mention that it was all cleared. I had no one to talk to as my family and friends was all back in malaysia. Basically had to survive on watsapp for directions on what to cook next to 'pou' back. I basically cooked confinement food myself for the next 8 days. We are still trying . still no luck sadly :(

I do wish everyone here the best of luck & loads of hugs . We are thinking of doing fertility check ups since we are not getting any younger . Any recommendations here? both private and GH ???
Hi@sierrastorm,
Hope u'r coping fine n moving n well.. It was the most devastating n saddest time when i had to face a natural miscarriage few days ago..i was waiting for bleeding to occur for almost 4weeks as i didnt want to do a DC..
Anyone who had experience a natural mc, how long did the cramp take to subside? Its D3 of my mc n bleeding is not so heavy anymore. The abdomen cramp is still manageable but what's worse is that the cramp travelled to my anus(stabbing pain) n it's totally unbearable.. Dr did not prescribe any painkiller so i took panadol which didnt help..

Hi@sierrastorm,
Hope u'r coping fine n moving n well.. It was the most devastating n saddest time when i had to face a natural miscarriage few days ago..i was waiting for bleeding to occur for almost 4weeks as i didnt want to do a DC..
Anyone who had experience a natural mc, how long did the cramp take to subside? Its D3 of my mc n bleeding is not so heavy anymore. The abdomen cramp is still manageable but what's worse is that the cramp travelled to my anus(stabbing pain) n it's totally unbearable.. Dr did not prescribe any painkiller so i took panadol which didnt help..

hi Honeycombi,

Sorry to hear that it happen to u too . But i'm sure you will get through it just fine. For me before my natural MC happened. I spot for 2 days. Then on the actual day itself. I would say its like the worst cramp ive ever had in my entire life. It was a mix of cramps and a throbbing pain on my right side. I tried to withstand the pain because i wanted to avoid taking painkillers. But in the end i could not. I personally felt that even Panadol menstrual would not help also. Because the pain was somewhat very different. I was lucky i had Arcoxia 90mg. Its a fast acting painkiller that last for a longer period of time . I took that once. And within an hour my pain subsided. Manageable for me . Then the next few days my flow was heavier than usual and i just felt more tired.I had a flow of 7-8 days i think . My usual flow is around 5 days only. So i rested more.

the moment my period stopped. i basically cooked confinement food and drank red dates longan tea for around another week or so. And after that i took Eu Yan Sang Bakfoong Pill every alternate day ( i think total 8 btls) . And my period came back normally the next month. I think it is very important you take additional measures to take enough minerals or TCM for recovery.

My dr said i could try the next month or so depends on how mentally prepared i am. We basically tried the next month immediately till now ....still hoping :)

Hi,

Any idea if the myth that cycling will affect fertility is true? My husband and I are into recreational cycling.

We had been TTC since my MC in Aug. Till now, I was no where near to conceiving. I'm so depressed

Hi,

Any idea if the myth that cycling will affect fertility is true? My husband and I are into recreational cycling.

We had been TTC since my MC in Aug. Till now, I was no where near to conceiving. I'm so depressed

Sorry to hear abt ur loss... I had a mc last Nov and am also still TTCing too.

My gynae did mentioned that cycling bad for guys if u r trying to conceive... think it has got to do with friction and heat so bad for sperm health...

My gynae did mentioned that cycling bad for guys if u r trying to conceive... think it has got to do with friction and heat so bad for sperm health...

Thanks kumorin for sharing. My husband and I waiting to see a specialist at SGH after getting a referral from polyclinic. Decided on SGH over KKH as KKH do not see even for fertility related issues. Any idea what type of fertility tests are useful? I'm 33 years old this year and I'm afraid age is catching up on me!!

Thanks kumorin for sharing. My husband and I waiting to see a specialist at SGH after getting a referral from polyclinic. Decided on SGH over KKH as KKH do not see even for fertility related issues. Any idea what type of fertility tests are useful? I'm 33 years old this year and I'm afraid age is catching up on me!!
Hihi, fertility tests include a series if blood tests, uterus scans n hubby's sperm test. I went directly to a pte clinic to check after trying 1 yr due to age as well. I was suspected to hv endometriosis n went for keyhole ops. After that move on to ivf etc. Go for the tests first and check first.

Like Mangoyoyo I have also gone through some tests to scan uterus, egg reserve count,blood test etc.. at a pte gynae. I have endo and went for keyhole ops too. I may have to go for SIS - a test to see if there's any scarring in my uterus becos of my d&c.

Will be seeing Prof Wong at NUH for further advice.

Hi ladies
After trying hard for 3.5 years, I'm finally pregnant but just got diagnosed with a missed abortion yesterday. It's the darkest time of my life :(. I wonder how will we get preg again given I'm already 33 this year :(1

Per dr advice, we are waiting for natural MC to occur.

Any idea how long should we eat confinement food for and should we start only after the flow cleared? Thanks all ladies to advice I have no friends ard to advice me on this.

Hi ladies
After trying hard for 3.5 years, I'm finally pregnant but just got diagnosed with a missed abortion yesterday. It's the darkest time of my life :(. I wonder how will we get preg again given I'm already 33 this year :(1

Any idea how long should we eat confinement food for and should we start only after the flow cleared? Thanks all ladies to advice I have no friends ard to advice me on this.

Sorry to hear abt ur loss..* hugzz* how far along were u? Mine was ard 8 weeks but i ate confinement food for almost a mth once i had d&c. I understand that some gals will do a short one like 2 weeks. Try to get plenty of rest and dun go for long/cold showers. Read from confinement bk tat not supposed to cry or feel sad cos bad for health but i know.. how not to cry or feel sad.. For me i drank red date tea with goji berries instead of plain water.

Dun worry abt ur age cos 33 still young.. most impt thing is to nurse urself back to health and try again.

Sorry to hear abt ur loss..* hugzz* how far along were u? Mine was ard 8 weeks but i ate confinement food for almost a mth once i had d&c. I understand that some gals will do a short one like 2 weeks. Try to get plenty of rest and dun go for long/cold showers. Read from confinement bk tat not supposed to cry or feel sad cos bad for health but i know.. how not to cry or feel sad.. For me i drank red date tea with goji berries instead of plain water.

Dun worry abt ur age cos 33 still young.. most impt thing is to nurse urself back to health and try again.

Hi kumorin,
Hugs.... I know not supposed to cry but the sadness is overwhelming. :(
I'm at 6 weeks... Next week will be 7th week. I suspect it might be an event I went outdoors where there are a lot of smokers that might have caused this.

When I have slight cramps now I almost thought it's still growing. Sighs.

Sorry to hear about ur loss too. It's devastating but we all have gotta move on...

Thanks for the info dear cuz no one will be able to take care of me then maybe cater confinement food is a good idea?

Any idea how long do we have to wait before we can try again? Cuz I have pcos so it makes it difficult.

Hi kumorin,
I'm at 6 weeks... Next week will be 7th week. I suspect it might be an event I went outdoors where there are a lot of smokers that might have caused this.

Sorry to hear about ur loss too. It's devastating but we all have gotta move on...

Thanks for the info dear cuz no one will be able to take care of me then maybe cater confinement food is a good idea?

Any idea how long do we have to wait before we can try again? Cuz I have pcos so it makes it difficult.

*sayang sayang*

Ya u may wan to get catering if there's no one to take care of u so u can rest.

For me my gynae gave me the green light to try again after 1 cycle - after d&c and bleeding, started trying after next menses. R u gg for a review w ur gynae? Wld be gd if gynae can do a chk and advise u b4 tryin again.

Hi ladies

Hi deblues, try again. Being able to get pregnant means there is chance u can conceive again. I did d&c so i start my mini confinement immediately after the procedure. Think i read from forum, for natural mc as long as the bleeding stop u can start confinement. I also drink alot of red dates, ginger drink. You can drink dom at night too to bu.

Hi kumorin,

I try immediately the next cycle after d&c. But u must make sure u are mentally prepared. Cos i have the impression that our uterus will be very fertile after a pregnancy. So wana grab the opportunity: ) did you ask gynae to run test for this mc?

*sayang sayang*

Ya u may wan to get catering if there's no one to take care of u so u can rest.

For me my gynae gave me the green light to try again after 1 cycle - after d&c and bleeding, started trying after next menses. R u gg for a review w ur gynae? Wld be gd if gynae can do a chk and advise u b4 tryin again.

Hi dear yup we will be reviewing with him in 3 weeks time. See wats the uterus condition like by then and if I have a natural mc during this period.

It's my first known pregnancy so we don't know what to do next and most probably will continue with him for the follow up.

Mega hugs

I try immediately the next cycle after d&c. But u must make sure u are mentally prepared. Cos i have the impression that our uterus will be very fertile after a pregnancy. So wana grab the opportunity: ) did you ask gynae to run test for this mc?

Hi mangoyoyo
As this is my first preg and mc I don't know if my doc will do a test for it. For now the bb is still in me we are waiting for the natural mc to happen.

Maybe I'll ask my dr again in 3 weeks to see what's the next step. For confinement am I not allowed to go out and bath or wash hair during that period?

Or just eating confinement food is enough?

Sorry babes really new to it

I still go out if I have to during confinement but try to rest as much as possible. Bring something to keep u warm when u go out esp if there's air-con. Wear socks at home and to bed, mil also stopped me from sitting directly on my tiled floor, dun carry heavy stuff and make sure u dry ur hair w hairdryer after u wash ur hair. Very impt to keep warm and avoid windy places.

hi @deblues , sorry for your loss. Many of us who's shared the same painful experience still drop by now and then. If you google the statistics, m/c are common with 1 in 5 odds. Dont think it's something you did or did not do. It'll be torturous reflecting upon the painful episode. Have a good rest, make a little confinement and prepare yourself emotionally to try again. Many of the sisters do go on to have successful pregancies. Have faith.

For the mini confinement, I'd suggest to have a warm diet of red dates longan drink, more sesame oil and ginger - which helps to keep the body warm and get rid of wind.

Hi kumorin,

Hi ladies

Hi deblues,
I know its never ez to get over this..it takes time (dont know how long) to lessen the pain for the loss.. We wont be able to get over it totally but we'l definitely get better in order to move on.
I had a natural mc 2 weeks ago. Waited for almost 4 weeks for bleeding to occur
I had the same as what the ladies mentioned during my confinement. Same here, ive no one to prepare for me. My mil came over for 2 days to buy stuff frm mrkt n kept me company while my hb is at work. She's not quite sure how to prepare confinement food so i did some research online. Basically, add more ginger n sesame oil in ur dishes, like liver, pork slices n green leafy veg. I had alot of steamed fish too.. Am still drinking Longan reddates drinks and if ive cramps, i'l boil ginger water n add brown sugar. Keep warm at all times.
Now im waiting for AF to come..which is another round of waiting game...

Hi deblues,
I know its never ez to get over this..it takes time (dont know how long) to lessen the pain for the loss.. We wont be able to get over it totally but we'l definitely get better in order to move on.
I had a natural mc 2 weeks ago. Waited for almost 4 weeks for bleeding to occur
I had the same as what the ladies mentioned during my confinement. Same here, ive no one to prepare for me. My mil came over for 2 days to buy stuff frm mrkt n kept me company while my hb is at work. She's not quite sure how to prepare confinement food so i did some research online. Basically, add more ginger n sesame oil in ur dishes, like liver, pork slices n green leafy veg. I had alot of steamed fish too.. Am still drinking Longan reddates drinks and if ive cramps, i'l boil ginger water n add brown sugar. Keep warm at all times.
Now im waiting for AF to come..which is another round of waiting game...

sorry to hear abt ur loss.. Think ur AF shld be here soon.. guess this is the only time we will be lookin forward to see AF!

Take care and we all jia you together

Back