Support group - Miscarriages

Sorry to hear about your losses. My EDD was 17 Jan but lost the heartbeats of my twins at week 8. Just did evac and resting now. 2nd mc this year. Stay strong ladies.

In loving memory of my fighter on your EDD...

An angel in the book of life, wrote my baby's birth.
Whispered as she closed the book, too beautiful for earth.
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Sorry to hear abt ur losses gals... *hugzz*

Mc is a really heartbreaking experience and I think only those who had gone thru it can understand the pain..

Sorry.. Am feeling emo esp these few days cos my EDD wld have been ard this time if I hadn't miscarried.. Learning to cope with news abt frens giving birth recently and pregnancy announcements from frens who aren't even really trying.. Glad to find support here though I really prefer we have met on mummies thread instead of here.

Take care gals

Mc is a really heartbreaking experience and I think only those who had gone thru it can understand the pain..

Sorry.. Am feeling emo esp these few days cos my EDD wld have been ard this time if I hadn't miscarried.. Learning to cope with news abt frens giving birth recently and pregnancy announcements from frens who aren't even really trying.. Glad to find support here though I really prefer we have met on mummies thread instead of here.

Take care gals

Hugs kumorin,
We will meet again in the mummies thread and graduate there someday. :)

just went to see doc today and confirm my miscarriage... Sigh still got another dermoid cyst to take care after this episode....

Take care gals[/QUOTE

Hope u'r feeling better, Kumorin. *Hugs* Yes, we'll definitely meet at MTB(mummy- to -be) thread one day. Let's have faith.

My sis-in -law had just given birth, so she'l send her bb pic to my hub every now and then. Can see he's very happy n excited to be first- time uncle (jiu jiu). Im happy for her too but whenever i see the new born bb, i feel sad at the same time that i wont be seeing mine this coming Dec..

@deblues, i have a fibroid to deal with after this m/c too....take one step at a time. Let's take care of health first

Hi ladies, just found that my bb stopped growing at week 6. Dr suggested I come back next Monday to insert pill to induce or wait for natural miscarriage. Just want to have your opinion, issit better to induce or do a D&C?

Any ladies did the insertion and how long will it take for the sac or whatever to pass out? Was thinking shd i get a 2nd opinion although i know the outcome will be the same. I saw the measurement of the sac and indeed it didn't grow.

Now worried about what's the next steps. Do I really need to do a min-confinement.

Hey babes... Just had a bad episode of cramp and contraction. After its out I don't feel the pain already. I think my natural mc have came....

Very very emotional when I saw it but after crying we all gotta move on right?

Now I understand the pain of the ladies here. Hugs and may we all be blessed with safe and healthy pregnancy the next time.

Hi ladies, just found that my bb stopped growing at week 6. Dr suggested I come back next Monday to insert pill to induce or wait for natural miscarriage. Just want to have your opinion, issit better to induce or do a D&C?

Any ladies did the insertion and how long will it take for the sac or whatever to pass out? Was thinking shd i get a 2nd opinion although i know the outcome will be the same. I saw the measurement of the sac and indeed it didn't grow.

Now worried about what's the next steps. Do I really need to do a min-confinement.
Sorry to hear abt ur loss, Meganl. Do you have any signs of bleeding yet? It took me a while for the mc to sink in when i found out bb's hb n development had stopped..

My doc also suggested to induce with a pill as for my case, it was taking quite awhile to bleed. I chose to wait n let it come out naturally although i read that there's no harm inducing with a pill.
I was given a leaflet about using the pill. There's some info in it. U may want to drop me a PM i can send u the info.

@deblues, i totally understand what u'r going thru. I guess, that is why many pple do not want to go thru the natural process. I was crying buckets when i witnessed all the tissues being passed out.. However, i didnt regret taking this option. I personally didnt want to force the fetus out n let it come out when he/she was ready..

Thanks for the encouragement gals.. I really admire u all for ur courage to choose natural.. I dun think I can bear to see hence I opted for d&c..

Sorry to hear abt ur loss Meganl.. I also went to seek a second opinion before my d&c although I already know the results... it's jus me hoping for a miracle. Pls do a mini confinement at least to nurse yourself back to health.

I doubt we will ever forget this for the rest of our lives but ya we have to move on somehow after crying.

Take care everyone

Hugs kumorin,
We will meet again in the mummies thread and graduate there someday. :)

just went to see doc today and confirm my miscarriage... Sigh still got another dermoid cyst to take care after this episode....

Yes I'm looking forward to the day where all of us will move to the mummies thread!

Do u need to remove the cyst or jus observe first? Anyway I think most impt thing is to do the confinement and get plenty of rest first.

Hi kumorin,
We have the option of keeping it in or removing it. However doctor advise is to remove since my cyst is not small and might affect pregnancy complication if we want to conceive again.

I guess we might consider it the op after my confinement is done.

@honeycombi.... Me too.... I wanted to leave it to my own body to decide when it's naturally ready to be out. Cuz I read too many miracle articles and can't bear to force it out by other means. :(

It's ok girls after the cries and tears we will be stronger after this and be greater moms in future. Mega hugs to everyone.

Hi @honeycombi, no i dun have any spotting or bleeding at all. I sort of expecting how come i dun have much morning sickness n my vomitting stopped. As I have no spotting, i thought i was safe. I conceived via ivf too. Sigh, i am not young anymore. ok i pm u can u send me the info? Thanks.

Yes ladies. @Kumorin & @deblues...hugs to u girls too.

Hi @honeycombi, no i dun have any spotting or bleeding at all. I sort of expecting how come i dun have much morning sickness n my vomitting stopped. As I have no spotting, i thought i was safe. I conceived via ivf too. Sigh, i am not young anymore. ok i pm u can u send me the info? Thanks.

Yes ladies. @Kumorin & @deblues...hugs to u girls too.

Hi Meganl,
It took a few weeks for my natural mc to come as well. I have no cramps and no bleeding previously so I also thought I was safe.

When my bleeding came there was no cramp too it wasn't a lot and there were no cramps for about 3-4 days.
I only felt the very bad one yest when the mc happened.

The pill will just accelerate the contraction process to expel it out earlier.
DnC will run a low risk of scratching the uterus wall lining and might affect future fertility if it happens.

but if natural mc doesn't happen or if it can't be expelled then doc advise me to do DnC eventually.

Hope it helps and stay strong babe.

I use med to pass out the sac. I prefer this method then to wait endlessly for it to come out by itself. Remain inside for too long may cause infection too. My dr suggest med instead of d&c because sac is not too big n also d&c may cause scarring. However he did warn that if the sac did not pass out clean in the end I still need to do d&c. So if U opt for d&c find a skillful gynae to do it.

Last edited:
Dr help me insert med at around 6pm n I went home feeling normal. I was expecting cramp to come in two hrs time but it did not. It only started to cramp at 10 plus pm but no blood come out. I did put a pad to prepare. At 4am morning my whole pad was soak n I have to sit in the toilet bowl cos it was quite heavy bleeding. I changed a total of 5 pads. Cramp subsided after the sac pass out. By 10am morning I feel ok. I wouldn't say is painful just feel like bad menses cramp.

I was given 3 weeks HL n I don't really do mini confinement because I don't believe it. But I try to take ginger food n drink.

@Jumbo girl Thanks for your info. Which hospital did u go? They gave 3 weeks mc for that? How much rest do we need? Haven inform my boss on how many HL i will take.

I am with dr Loh his clinic at TMC. Physically I feel no need rest. Mentally maybe yes if U want a break. Actually one week is enough but maybe dr know we sad so give longer.

I had my D&C for a week already. Still spotting( brown) and womb feels wounded or tearing when I laugh or get up from bed. Due to weak womb,difficulty passing motion ( no strength to force). Is this normal?
Do you stay in bed all the way? I've been walking and Afew days ago, I carried something heavy. Wonder if this the cause of the pain and weakness?

Hi did u see the hb initially? I did a dnc and I told dr to run a kyrotype on the baby to see why. It did gave me the explanation and closure as advised by the doc. I didn't do any mini confinement as I was away overseas immediAtely after the dnc.

Hi did u see the hb initially? I did a dnc and I told dr to run a kyrotype on the baby to see why. It did gave me the explanation and closure as advised by the doc. I didn't do any mini confinement as I was away overseas immediAtely after the dnc.

Yes, i went for a 2nd opinion to request to see the hb. I am scheduled to see my gynae today for medication to induce the foetus out but I think i change my mind to do a d&c instead. I think my threshold of pain is v low n i am already v traumatise by knowing the procedure of natural miscarriage will be like. Couldn't sleep last night n keep worrying. So I will call to check if they can do a d&c instead.

@shuqin, i did not have any physical downtime after my D&C at 13 weeks. I rested 2 days and traveled overseas. More emotional fatigue than physical discomfort like what you are going through. I did minimize carrying weights but not entirely as I had to carry the 4yo on portions on the trip. I'd suggest that you contact your hospital women's clinic. There are risk and potential side effects, eg scarring to a D&C. You would want them to monitor you for best chances of recovering.

I had my D&C for a week already. Still spotting( brown) and womb feels wounded or tearing when I laugh or get up from bed. Due to weak womb,difficulty passing motion ( no strength to force). Is this normal?
Do you stay in bed all the way? I've been walking and Afew days ago, I carried something heavy. Wonder if this the cause of the pain and weakness?

@shuqin, i did not have any physical downtime after my D&C at 13 weeks. I rested 2 days and traveled overseas. More emotional fatigue than physical discomfort like what you are going through. I did minimize carrying weights but not entirely as I had to carry the 4yo on portions on the trip. I'd suggest that you contact your hospital women's clinic. There are risk and potential side effects, eg scarring to a D&C. You would want them to monitor you for best chances of recovering.
Thank you for the advise. I will let the Gynea know about this Tmr. Hope she is honest enough to tell me that there is scarring caused by the D&C (if any). After 2 full days of bed rest, the cramp is more or less gone. I hope I'm fine. Can't wait to see how they review me Tmr.

Hi ladies
After trying hard for 3.5 years, I'm finally pregnant but just got diagnosed with a missed abortion yesterday. It's the darkest time of my life :(. I wonder how will we get preg again given I'm already 33 this year :(1

Per dr advice, we are waiting for natural MC to occur.

Any idea how long should we eat confinement food for and should we start only after the flow cleared? Thanks all ladies to advice I have no friends ard to advice me on this.

Hi,
Please don't give up. I have been trying for many the past 8yrs and mc few times and have not given up hope yet. Perhaps you would like to read this article http://meplusthree.co/when-gods-timing-is-different-to-ours/, read more positive stuff to keep your spirit up. I have went through your stage and know how you feel. You are still young, don't give yourself too much stress. Most importantly is to take good care of your body and intake more tonic food.
Natural MC could take some time to occur. I remembered taking confinement food before flow cleared.

In loving memory of my fighter on your EDD...

An angel in the book of life, wrote my baby's birth.
Whispered as she closed the book, too beautiful for earth.
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

hi bunnymuimui,
a very touching and lovely poem that makes me teared when reading it, my 3 angels.......

Hi ladies
My miscarry came last Friday.... Until now im still bleeding some... Like watery Mense and feel sore..... Is this normal? When do I know if I have to see a doctor babes?

Hi ladies
My miscarry came last Friday.... Until now im still bleeding some... Like watery Mense and feel sore..... Is this normal? When do I know if I have to see a doctor babes?

Hi babe! Whether you pass the tissue on your own or have it removed, you'll have mild menstrual-like cramps afterward for up to a day or so and light bleeding for a week or two. Use pads instead of tampons and take ibuprofen or acetaminophen for the cramps. Avoid sex, swimming, douching, and using vaginal medications for at least a couple of weeks and until your bleeding has stopped. :)

Hi to the ladies above, we could all have been in the same group of Jan 2016 mummies...
my EDD was supposed to be 7th Jan.
did my evacuation 2 weeks ago, today sort of marks the end of my 2 weeks mini confinement...
both my gynae and tcm sinseh said i can ttc after around 2 months..
most importantly, we will all need to stay healthy, eat healthy, exercise, do more relaxing stuff like massages, meditation, whatever that suits you...
let's aim for monkey babies, i believe all of us here will be blessed again. :)

Hi ladies.. i just did ivf but lost my twins at 5+6 weeks. I was caught spotting and the blood clots and cramps just came on 19 jul. Rush to hospital to get support n manage to scan my 2 beanies but after 4 hrs the bleeding get heavier and by the time i return for re-scan the yolk sacs r gone which left empty sacs.
Doc announce miscarriage on monday afternoon. Went back for checkup on last friday and doc say the bleeding has clear so does it consider a natural miscarriage?
Also, the bleeding lessen but suddenly it start to increase and also the cramps came back on last few days, issit normal? Im still resting at home and doing a mini confinement.

Hi ladies.. i just did ivf but lost my twins at 5+6 weeks. I was caught spotting and the blood clots and cramps just came on 19 jul. Rush to hospital to get support n manage to scan my 2 beanies but after 4 hrs the bleeding get heavier and by the time i return for re-scan the yolk sacs r gone which left empty sacs.
Doc announce miscarriage on monday afternoon. Went back for checkup on last friday and doc say the bleeding has clear so does it consider a natural miscarriage?
Also, the bleeding lessen but suddenly it start to increase and also the cramps came back on last few days, issit normal? Im still resting at home and doing a mini confinement.
I'm sorry about your lost? For me, after a D&C, I have no cramps and left with spotting for a few days. Then I 'act smart', went out to friend's place and unconsciously carried heavy stuffs, stand for many hours. When I got home, Immediately suffered bad cramps and bleeding increased. I quickly bed rest for a few days and the cramps were gone after 2 days. U monitor awhile. Give yourself a lot of rest and drink warm Logan red dates tea. Hope you get well soon.

Hi ladies, my Edd was supposed to be 4 March 2016. After 3 scans over a period of 3 weeks, the gynae confirmed today that the pregnancy is not viable. The gynae has advised me to do natural miscarriage as this is my 3rd miscarriage. I pray that my natural miscarriage will not be too painful for me... Sobs... Pray that we will have our rainbow babies soon...hugs

Hi ladies, my Edd was supposed to be 4 March 2016. After 3 scans over a period of 3 weeks, the gynae confirmed today that the pregnancy is not viable. The gynae has advised me to do natural miscarriage as this is my 3rd miscarriage. I pray that my natural miscarriage will not be too painful for me... Sobs... Pray that we will have our rainbow babies soon...hugs

I'm so sorry to hear that girl. What happened if u dun mind sharing? What makes him say that it's not viable?

I had a miscarriage more than a month ago.. My baby was 13 weeks, going 14. My water bag burst in the middle of the night. It woke me up but i had no idea it was water from my water bag. When i went to the hospital, there was no water in the water bag and my fetus's heartbeat has stopped. I was devastated.

After one month, i am coping well now. But sometimes i will think of him and whether i have done anything wrong during my pregnancy.

Can i ask you ladies when did your spotting stops? I couldn't distinguish whether it is my period or whether my spotting (due to the miscarriage) has yet to stop... I am quite paranoid. Want to "get well" asap so that i can try for the next one..

During my 2nd miscarriage at 20 weeks, the spotting lasted for about 3 weeks. At the 2nd week, I went to TCM and the TCM gave me acupuncture to "release" old blood and spotting stopped gradually.

Hey ladies..im still sort of having some bleeding just after 2 weeks of miscarriage, is this normal?
Hey wondersss, is it a lot of bleeding? Cos I think it's quite normal to have it taper off only fully after a few weeks. If in doubt or if you're worried, check it out with your gynae.

Hi brightstar, not really.. doesnt really stain the pantyliner but is light bleeding .. n when it turns brown.. then sometime it will come bk again

My natural miscarriage occurred over the weekend... It was mentally torturing... However, I thank god that it was not as painful/gruesome that some have described. Probably because my baby only measures 6 weeks..

I shall now work hard to recover and ttc again... I can't believed that I was pregnant 4 times but only have 1 child...

Hi ladies, I had just been told my current bfp is not viable. This is my 3rd chemical pregnancy in 3 years with no viable pregnancy in between. Does anyone have any advice how to improve this or any success story to share?

I too had a few non viable pregnancies, blighted ovum, chemical pregnancies etc. Yes these experiences did thrown me into despair at one stage. But I am very determined to complete my family with a child. I picked myself up and tried living a healthier lifestyle. Started eating mostly home cooked food, sleeping earlier, losing that extra weight, and taking supplements like fish oil, coq10, folic acid, calcium.

I'm lucky that god has finally bless me with a so far healthy pregnancy. Hope is out there. Jiayou.

read this in an earlier post... Maybe useful although can't possibly follow all.

You can bath in herbs (Da Feng Ai), Eat Confinement food and Drink Longan Red Dates drink first...
Longan Red dates drink to replace plain water for at least 2 weeks. if you can, then drink to one month.
have plenty of Bed Rest
Don't blow fan or Aircon...
Try not to wash hair for 2 weeks too
Wear Socks to sleep every night...
Drink DOM after bleeding stops.
If you can, go Chinese Medical shop buy 2 dose of Shen Hua Tang. Drink for 2 days early in the morning since your bleeding just started... this Soup will help you clear your Blood , flush away the clots..... it is very good... you can ask the Chinese Medical Hall.
Don't Carry heavy things... really must rest a lot a lot And Most importantly Sleep Early to boost your "Qi" , preferably by 11 pm, latest 12 am....

Hello, can check how long after miscarriage can we start to exercise? I want to go back jogging. But tcm say best not, doctor say is no problem. I am 3 weeks after miscarriage. Anyone one can advice?

Hi ladies

Hi deblues,

How many weeks were you when you miscarried last Friday? Please go to the hospital or any doctor, to get it checked out, that you have passed everything completely, as what you described do not seem normal to me at all.

hi all, wish to get some mutual support & comfort here. i am at week 7 but today doc said no heartbeat & seems like stop growing. going back in a week's time to scan, if still no hb, will give medicine to wash out.

how i wish this is all a bad dream.

this is my long awaited first pregnancy, so so precious yet it is slipping away from me while i can't do anything to stop it.

Been a while since im here in this thread..

sorry to see so many new nicks..it is not nice thread to be in..

I've just given birth in June..after so many early miscarriages..i must say it is possible and not to give up..when you give up then nothing is left to hope for. I myself was married In 2007 and now then bb come..

But meanwhile, go for the necessary checks and tests to find out. For my case I don't know if it is because of my high 'proluctin' level. That is my case of the miscarriages perhaps..Cos my doc gave me a pill to lower that level down and my that cycle was successful.

Try raspberry leaves tea with honey and Red date tea, these will help tone body up after the ordeal..eat well and do some exercises and sleep earlier. Improve on your lifestyle..lose weight if you are overweight like me, and increase some weight if you are under weight..

Fighting always!

Hi deblues,

How many weeks were you when you miscarried last Friday? Please go to the hospital or any doctor, to get it checked out, that you have passed everything completely, as what you described do not seem normal to me at all.

Hi, that post was in June. I have since then completed my confinement and have went to see a doctor. He gave an all clear :) thanks for the advise.

Back