Support group - Miscarriages

Janteo, I understand the reason why u want to know the cause of the m/c. Esp if it's our 1st child, we really really want to know if there is something wrong with our bodies so that we can take the necessary precautions next time. Mine is also a missed m/c at Wk 21. No bleeding, no pain, no nothing, bb just stopped moving then no heartbeat. Unfortunately, no one can tell me what happened too. Like bellybutton, I accepted it as a stroke of bad luck, my gynae consoled me by saying lightning won't strike at the same place twice. So we can only hope for better luck next time. Take care ...

Mmph...this thread is getting pretty easy to follow leh, where are the rest of the gals, hamasaki? Lyn?

Confused & Sunny, how r u preggies getting on?
happy.gif

294610.gif
Hello Hello...
294611.gif

I am here
happy.gif
. Nowadays I dun log in here very often liao
happy.gif
If you want to find me, PM me la...
happy.gif

For the past few days, I was really down after a hopeful week, so dun wanna post to upset you gals further.
294612.gif
I am on clomid the first time and I got lots of side effects, including preggie symptoms. Now AF overdue already... but dun get too excited... cos I got
294613.gif
a few days ago. Then I was too angry and upset when my temp started to drop and I threw away all my OPKs and HPTs. My temp has been going up and down now...
294614.gif
And now, breast lumps in both my breasts and the lumps hurt!
294615.gif
aiyo... very jialat...
294616.gif

Hello Bellybutton,
Are you feeling better? Hope you are much better already
happy.gif

Hello Janteo,
The majority of miscarriage is due to chromosome abnormality. Although it's very frustrating not knowing the cause, but your gynae is right.

Hi Yasmin,
I am really angry when I read your story about your manager le... She's not married har? Nevermind, this type of pple sure will get retribution one. How come your HR also like that? You must really fight for your rights. Hospitalisation leave and medical leave are different... *hugs* *hugs*

hi Lyn, hope u're feeling better now.. Really feel so sad to hear that u're on clomid currently.. It upset ur mood terribly .. Just Hope u will not need that ..

How long will u need to take Clomid med ? and why is there lumps appearing .. Find it strange leh?

Hi gals,
Went for my medical review, Dr Douglas Ong said I look alright. But I do have cramps, like menses cramps leh. And he scanned but said everything looks ok. He said cramps shld go away. I also have normal discharge, the kind just before ovulation but quantity is quite abit leh. I also mentioned this to him he said I cant be fertile not so fast and as long got no discomfort due to the discharge it is ok.
I also mentioned to him that in Dec I tested +ve and 2 days later menses came. He said that it was a bio chemical pregnancy. And said technical you had 2 miscarriages in 6 months dont look good. So wanted me to go back for blood test once my period comes. He said that maybe my hormones are too low and therefore cld not support my pregnancy.

Hi, can I just check with all if you have similar discharge after D&C? Its quite confusing to interpret what my body is telling me.

Hi Yasmin,
Hope you are on the road to recovery
happy.gif
Wish you a fast recovery... At least Dr Ong has an investigation plan for you already
happy.gif

Why dun you ask your gynae about the discharge and how to look out for it? Give him a call to ask?

Hi hamasaki,
It's the first cycle I took clomid. Gynae called me this morning
happy.gif
He asked me to wait cos some people will get lumpy breasts before AF. Wait for AF to come then see lumps still there or not... He said clomid will not cause breast lumps one... moreover I only first cycle on clomid le... aiyo... lumps lumps go away ah...

Hi hamasaki,
Thank you...
happy.gif
I hope they will go away...
happy.gif
For the past few days, I was wondering how come I got so many lumps everywhere my body
sad.gif
Last time I had a op to remove my swollen lymph nodes oso... Then the fibroids.. aiyo... I scared another op to remove the breasts lumps ah... It really makes my imagination go wild... My cousin got breast cancer and I am in the high risk group.
Lucky my boobs grown smaller already every since I lost weight... cos big boobs women got higher risk of breast cancer one...

Lyn, you know my mgr married for over 10 years and she has no kids. She has adopted 2 kids. I always that she is such a wonderful person to be able to adopt someone else's kid and love them like your own. She also told me she tried for several years for kids, even IVF but her attempts failed so decided to adopt instead. But I dont understand why she is treating me this way. Whenever I go on MC, she emails the HR staff and ask her to follow up with my MC leh. Dont know why she treats me this way. Its not as though I dont submit MC mah, dont treat me like a kid.
294820.gif

hi Lyn, Dun let ur imagination go hay-wire.. Be positive since doc had asked u to wait and see if they are still present after ur AF arrives.. If there is, U better check and see him again.. to play safe..

Huh, I never heard that bigger boobs will results in having breast cancer in future.. I only know that if this cancer runs in the family, then there will be higher chance for the next gen to get it..

U dun anyhow think bad bad hor.. God Bless U..

Lyn, I hope your lumps go away. Its very scary thinking abt breast cancer. Dont think abt it ok.

I too had bad clomid side effects, I got blurred vision, felt very sick, more like nausea and also very painful breasts. The symtoms were very like preggie but of course had BFN every month trying with clomid. When I decide not to try, then I strike but still cant keep the pregnancy leh.

Now my new gynae wants me to go on clomid and see if I can get preggie. Said its faster....but now have to wait for menses to come.
happy.gif

Hi all, just join in. I got mc early this month at my 6th week pregnant. Heard AF expecting to come a month after d&c, which for my case is any time now. But encountering some bleeding which dun really look like mens, look more like the bleeding i had afte the d&c. Is this normal?

lyn: so sorry to hear about your painful lumps.. hopefully they will go away soon! hope you strike soon so you dun have to take those dreadful clomids anymore! i'm feeling better, thanks for asking. today is the end of my 3rd week mc. next week is my last week, better enjoy myself and sleep as much as i can! the thought of going back to work is really quite sianz!

cherry: is the bleeding light or heavy? if light,possibly could be post-procedural bleeding after D&C. me also have D&C early this month, and am still experiencing the post-procedural bleeding til now. but you shouldn't be getting heavy post procedural bleeding or blood clots so long after the D&C. if you got heavy bleeding, then better inform doctor.

i've got a question - it's been 3 weeks since my D&C. during my check-up last week, gynae said my uterus has contracted back to original size, everything should be ok now. but i forgot to ask him if i can exercise like doing sit-ups and leg-raisers. can i? i can't wait to tone my fat tummy and legs.

yasmin, your boss is really very nasty to ask HR to follow up on your mc! it's like she does not trust you at all! well, since she's so mean to you, then the more you shouldn't let her or the company bully you! Please make sure the company doesn't cheat you of your hospitalisation leave!

cherry, had my d n c done last monday on 20th june, till now got bleeding leh...quite scared..waiting to see gynae next tues, hope mine is not internal scarring again...

Hi ladies, I have stopped having bleeding the very next day of my D&C. The few days following were brownish discharge only but there were cramps. Come Sat will be 2 weeks since D&C, now I only have white, yellowish discharge.

Bellybutton - I do leg raises but have not done any sit ups. Scared there might be additional discomfort cos already got slight cramps. Think you can start doing light exercises but dont strain yourself leh.

tnsw, do take care! My D&C was done on 18 June. I notice that if I walk abt I start cramping so take it slow. Abt 5-7 days after D&C I felt better and cld walk longer distances. Remember to eat well ok.
happy.gif

yasmin, thanks for your update, dun noe wats wrong with me thats why i had such red bleeding..really hope nothing serious leh...

i went shopping last wk also...and only had two days mc as i am self employed...

so hopefully everything's okay

tnsw, if you really feel uncomfortable call up the clinic and fix an appt with your gynae. Things like this better to be on the safe side.

yasmin,

thk too late leh...today thursday already...may not hv appt...thk i will loon till next tuesday..bo pian..

GAls,
After D&C, have to rest in bed le. Dun do housework also... Cos last time I had more bleeding when I cannot tahan the boredom and did some housework. Even going out in a car, and walking to the car and sit in the car, also increased my bleeding... So better rest well gals.

hamasaki,
Thank you...
happy.gif
I will try not to think too much about it. Bigger boobs not 100% will get breast cancer, it's just that there will be higher chance. The chance is highest if it runs in the family.

Hi yasmin,
Wa... Your manager maybe eating sour grapes la... Why dun you tell her that you are upset that she's treating you this way? Tell her she's also a woman, but how come not sympathetic...
I am scared of breast cancer ah... When you were on clomid, do you have delayed AF? My gynae said it usually wun... So I am still hoping...

Hi bellybutton,
Good time to have a rest
happy.gif
Take care ya?

tnsw,
I think you better give your gynae a call. If you are bleeding abnormally, I guess he will give you an appointment to see him asap. My gynae last time also like that... I called and saw him like every 3 days after d&c for 2 weeks cos bleeding too much. He just asked me to go and see him...

Actually the D&C is on 3 June then the bleeding stayed for abt 8 days and it stops. Then now after 3 weeks i start bleeding. I suppose it should be back to the monthly mens. But the flow seem a bit only, dun seem the normal one I use to have. So wonder is this normal and am i really menstruating or bleeding.
sad.gif

cherry,
If it's not a lot, no need to worry too much... You will need to worry if it's a lot... more than 4 pads a day. Just monitor for a while.. If it increased a lot, then see your gynae...
Take good care for the time being
happy.gif

Lyn, dun mention.. and all the best to U.. hope all ur lumps and pains will go away soon..

Keep us update okie.. Take great care..

cherry, dun think u need to worry. My case is the same, after my m/c I bleed/ spot on & off for two weeks plus, then stop, then start again 3rd week, did not appear like menses, I asked my gynae & she said, the body is trying to adjust back to my normal menses, which usually come every 3 weeks plus, after a couple of days, real blood came, then subsequent months, AF back to normal.

Hi Lyn & Hamasaki, good to see u gals around. I am so tired after a swim...

Thanks so much Droopy. I was so depressed after my m/c though it is still at the early stage; 6th week. I blame myself for not taking good care which lead to this. After joining the support group here I don't feel I'm alone, everyone here is so brave and so supportive. I'm really very touched by everyone of you. Thanks so much and wish all of you well!

Hi Cherry,

Just forget the pass and rest well. Dont get yourself depress.

Lets encourage each other to think positive!

Gd day

Good Morning Lyn,
During the months that I took clomid, my cycles were normally shorter than usual. Also for the 1st mth of taking clomid, I had mens for 9 days. Heavy for 4 days and followed by discharge till day 9. When i informed my gynae he said its ok.

Cherry - if you are not comfortable you shld go back to consult your gynae. My galfriend who aborted her baby, she went thru D&C too had her menses 2 wks after the procedure. Think her body recovered fast.

lyn, thanks, i juz emailed the gynae, he told me to see him on tuesday if bleeding continues next wk and coincidentally i also have appt to see him on that day...so hopefully everythg goes well.

hope that the clomid helps u in your ttc journey

Can I check if anyone experience tender breast after D&C. Tomorrow will be 2 wks after D&C and I experience tender breast. Forgot to ask doc abt this. Can advise. Thanks.

hello yamine n hamasaki - sorry for the late reply. i'm fine. now back to work liao (after mc for abt 1mth) wah! my work is piling up n everyday very busy with work. My bb is growing at the moment n hopefully everything be alright cos once in awhile i do get discharge. (i still having 2 blood clots)

yasmine- My sympton stop b4 i realise that that i had to do D&C. Ya! think u better call the gynae n ask y is it that you still have tender breast.

Angry - think should 2mth (went for D&C in early march n i found out i m pregnant in mid may. After my D&C, i got my 1st menses n after that i pregnant liao. very fast hor? i oso afraid.

Hi Confused,
My gynae said that it shld be ok to get preggie after the 1st menses comes. He said, that when we get our menses it means that our body has recovered. You shld be safe dont worry too much ok.
Can I know when you got your 1st menses after D&C. I waiting for mine to come and am very eagerly waiting. Never have I been this anxious for AF. HAHAHAHA

yamine - oic. i thought cant get so soon n that y worried lor. now not so liao cos i coming to 12 weeks
happy.gif

Dont get anxious, it'll delay your menses(cos stress mah)when my period is due on 2 Apr it didnt come n i was very worried. I was told not to stress myself n few days later (9 Apr)my menses came.

In the meantime, u dont stress yourself. Your menses will come very soon n after that you can start BD liao.

hi all,
I went for my gynae's checkup yesterday. My bb still refuse to co-op leh. Still in horiz position with head on my right side. Worst still her spine is facing the top with umb cord at the bottom. My gynae is worried that if any moment my waterbag is to burst, the umb cord will come out first and that is very very dangerous. Therefore, my gynae sugg to bring forward my cesarian.

My op have been scheduled on Tues (5/7).
happy.gif
Real nervous and excited now.

Hi miao miao,

Wow... Finally you are reaching the day of meeting your baby
happy.gif
Congratulations! Wish you a smooth delivery
happy.gif
You are in good hands of your gynae, so dun worry too much
happy.gif

Hi hamasaki,
My lumps are still there... I have made an appointment to see gynae next Saturday
happy.gif
I hope I wun get a shock of how many lumps I have got... Seems many...

morning gals

hamasaki - i did ask gynae liao but he say maybe due to stress. that's y now i try not to stress myself too much.

lyn - if possible dont go swimming at tis moment. i oso got do injection every checkup. u must rest well n dont worry. Be positive
happy.gif

Back