Subsidy Patient @ KKH

Hi BS_S,
wow.....so Issac must be very active loh....pray hard, so far, tx still have not tried to climb out of the playpen. she only threw all things out of the playpen only. hmm....heard fr other mummies, that their boy also climbed out of the cot and then fell down.

hmmm for tx, it depends on the situations. sometimes, I got to lie beside her during her weekend nap. sometimes, I just placed her in her playpen then go away then she will play a while and then doze off. hmm..maybe Issac is too "addicted' to yao lan is it...

yup, same situation, when tx sees baby or other kor kor/jie jie, she is excited. but dunno she still can cope mixing ard with stranger or not cos sometimes, she still got stranger anxiety. I'm also thinking placing tx in the xiao dou dou class when tx is 18mth so that she can get to learn something and be more social.

yup, think she is not get used to the toilet seat and might be scared. she kept on trying to get out and screaming.think it might be not the time to toilet train. my mum said later part lah again. last time, ask me to buy potty when tx can walk liao then she train her but now said wait till she can talk lah. ai-yo...

Do you still give Issac nan 3? just an info to share. Neslac is a follow up milk after nan 3. but nan 3 can drink up to 3 yr old. acc to nestle customer service staff, she told me nestlac 1++ contains glucose. so advise to stick to nan 3 (tx is on gain iq, so ex man....price increase by $3 for big can). neslac is far more cheaper wor...a 1.8kg tin cost $28.40 at Sheng Siong, $28.xx at Shop n save etc.

hello mummies!!!!

finally have time to post something in here!

me also same as naddy.. eversince have started work, no time to really sit down and think thru what to post here. Most of the time just login to this forum to check out WTS and spree section. other times just checking emails.

It's been tough having to handle an active baby and a toddler who has the terrible two's syndrome already!!
sad.gif
Everyday when i return from work, feel like tearing my hair out because of the kids' behaviour. Aafreen knows how to answer back already when scolded and the little sis demands attention, attention and more attention!!

naddy... how's huda?? Aafreen is really getting impossible! argh!

cuclainne... how are u? hope u are coping well with ur 2 young gals yah!

watie.... paging for watie.... MIA ahh!

afcai... waah! u starting to toilet-train ur kid already. I still haven coz i don't intend to use the potty at all. Will wait till aafreen knows how to speak clearly so that let me know when she needs to go toilet. Thanks for the vcd.. aafreen loves it!!!!! Everyday must play till i can remember the sequence of the song lists already!!!*faint*

BS_S.. aafreen also still sleeping using yao lan. She can sleep on her own already... but that will be her own time own target lor! can be 12 midnite onwards. If use yao lan, she falls asleep faster... keh! keh! keh!

Tan Leng Leng...welcome!! and errm.... thank u for keeping afcai company...ahakz! :p

i have completely stopped bf omera (my 2nd gal... in case anybody have forgotten.... ;p). But she's kind of allergic to cow's milk. Will have very frequent loose stool and gassy if on cow's milk FM. Will sh*t at every diaper change. My PD told me to change to soy-based FM. Now using Isomil. Indeed she is so much better now.. but too long on soy-based FM have adverse effect or not. Forgot to ask my PD on that....

Aafreen is also taking appetiser syrup from the PD regularly coz she just refuses to eat!! If don't take for 1 or 2 days, can see she starting not to eat already.... any mummies here have the same problem?

hi ladies .. hope everyone is well. am still on maternity but feels like there is hardly anytime to do anything else except look after the newborn .. sofi has been attending infantcare again - she took a break for a few weeks after i've delivered but we wanted her to get used to the routine again cos it won't be too long till i get back to work (end april).

sabrina: sofi has gotten used to having a little sister at home but i understand about the attention bit .. if it's time for her sister's feed, she also wants a milk feed even though she's just had milk 10 mins ago!!

initially she was a bit upset that her sister is using her cot and rocker, etc but we've gotten her used to her bed now (we bought her a new bed from ikea; one where she can climb in and out of with ease). the two are sharing a room but sofi has a tendency to crawl into our bed in the early hours, esp. when she checks and sees that her sister is not in her cot.

i think sofi might be ready for toilet training though we've not started anything formally yet - if she has pooped, she will lift up her shirt and point to her belly button (don't know why this is) and will stand in front of the toilet door. sometimes if it's time for a shower and we've undressed her in her room, she will walk into the bathroom and then pee there on the floor ..

oh, and she still refuses to say the word daddy - she calls the hub by his name instead .. poor him.. hahahah ..

hi cuclainne!
happy.gif

yah! For aafreen, what's hers is hers, what's her sister's, is also hers! It was kind of cute at first... but over time, it has started to irritate me.

My sis has just delivered her 1st baby. Right now, my mum is also helping her with her confinement. My sis had to undergo emergency c-sect coz her pelvis is too narrow for the baby's shoulder to pass thru. You opted for c-sect right? Did you have any problems after that? Like with the wound or the baby? Coz my sis's wound is infected. She said there's a hole in her wound and the internal stitches could be seen. Now, she has to go to polyclinic every morning to get her wound dressed. Her baby has heart murmur... her gynae said it's because the baby wasn't delivered naturally?????? I'm skeptical abt that.

just a quick reply , tx is busy entertaining herself with messing up the rm.
Hi Ladies,
welcome back to the forum.

sabrina
hmm how u know she allergic to cow's milk. maybe the fm u give her not suitable mah. so try anothe rfm. hey, when u purchase abbott product , do keep the receipt loh, can collect reward pt and then redempt fm. go to abotts website http://www.abbott.com.sg/family/rewards/rewards.asp and sign up. details are all there.

err..as for the makan problem, tx dun have this problem. she is opposite. when she see ppls eat, she will scream kept mumble 'mo mom.." so we have eat secretly every time or else, if every time, she eat, think she will grow fat easily.

yup, er ren sang brown rice powder require to cook. usually, I will place 2 scope of brown rice and add to her porriage during weekend. for my mum she will give tx the 2 scoop of brown rice during lunch. cook them over a slow fire and keep stiring till u see bubbles boiling. cook for 5 mins loh.

do u intending to send aafreen to playgrp (like 2 hr per day) or half day type? for me, I am intending to send tx next yr or maybe end of the yr to let her learn something and be more socialable. so went for a gathering last mth, she seem to aloof herself fr the rest of the toddlers, like to explore ppls's hse instead of the rest of the toddlers in the playarea.

err..poor sis of yr....ai-yo, the gyne might be give any reason one where got c sect like that which cause the bb like that. didn't the ultrascan detect the problem. ai-yo..so now do the bb need surgery or??

cuclainne
hmm..wow sofi slp on bed? do her bed came with railing? gd wor....sofi can indicate when she poos. so this is time for her toilet training so that u can save diaper $$. :p wow...call yr hubby by his name instead of daddy/papa huh...ai-yo...did anyone teach her to call yr hubby 's name?

yup, talking abt c sectioh, wondering how u carry the bb for bf? isn't it painful if the bb latch on and then place on yr tummy?

afcai,

My hub n i contemplating of sending aafreen to a daycare centre coz my mum cannot cope taking care of two kids.. plus doing my sis confinement ( and her baby too) at the same time. At sembawang there's a montessori centre at my void deck.. so thinking of sending her there. convenient.

I asked u abt the brown rice coz omera has started to take cereals already. thanks for the tip!

I think for bf mummies who c-sect... the position to breastfeed is the football hold. When i was at TMC, the lactation nurse taught that during parentcraft lesson.

Sabrina,
wow, yr mum super wor...dun if I have my no 2 in future, my mum can cope or not. think will have to send tx to day care ccc. but hor, if u sent Aafreen to ccc at yr plc, who is gg to fetch her cos u will be at yr mum'plc.

wow, u so fast give omera cereal huh? is it heinz rice cereal or?? I only give tx when she turn 5.5mth the cereal only.

thks for the tip on bf position for c -sect. scared if i have my no 2, I kana c-sect cos think I still scare of pushing part as I have no energy (breath) to push. ever since after delivery, keep on having chest tight. doc said it might be work stress or lack of slp (which usually).

so how's yr sis wor...sue the gyn for not doing the stitch properly.

afcai,

yes, i have started to feed omera with cereal already coz just milk alone is not enough for her. She needs alot more feeds if with milk only and wakes up frequently at night for milk. Even my PD said at 4 mth actually can start giving cereal already. The 6 mth rule is actually just to advocate exclusive breastfeeding. That's what my PD says lah.. :p. But i think i will choose to believe her coz she is a very experienced PD. hehehe!

Right now i'm feeding her nestle rice cereal.

If i send aafreen to the montessori centre at sembawang, then i will have to stay at sembawang through out. As for omera, I will have to find a babysitter for her. Nowadays, my mum doesn't seem keen to look after my kids full time coz she prefers to go for her social cum religious gatherings. Sometimes i feel sad lah coz everytime i return from work she will "pour out her unhapiness". But i'm already grateful that she has sacrificed her time and work to look after the kids before this... so i'm taking it in a not so negative light. Just have to look for other alternative childcare lah....

Why do u think u will have to undergo c-sect for 2nd one? From my experience, actually the 2nd birth easier to push coz the birth canal abit more seasoned liao! hahahah! Let's hope for the best ok. You think too far ahead already lah!!!!ekkeke!

My sis still doing confinement at home and still going to polyclinic everyday to change dressing. She doesn't have the opportunity to get warded at KKH and have the stitching done again.

Actually it's partly her fault also coz after birth she so active... she moves to much.

sabrina: while we were at the hospital, the neonatologist mentioned that elin has a dimple at the end of her spine (sacral dimple) and a faint heart murmur.. i was so worried when i heard that. a sacral dimple usually means that there are some problems with the development of the spine and i was so worried that the heart murmur might end up confirming that she has a heart problem but by the time we were discharged, the doc mentioned that they checked out the dimple and it was ok, no problems and the murmur was gone. i found out later from a colleague that works in the cardiac dept that all babies are born with heart murmur because their heart needs time to adjust to the new environment after being born - in most babies, it goes away but if it doesn't, it's an indication of a heart problem .. how old is your niece/nephew now?

yes, i had an allergic reaction to the plasters they used to stick the pressure bandage on my wound - you can see dark patches where the rashes were on my skin now. plus i had some pus oozing out from my wound as well though i couldn't see any internal stitches - i freaked out cos elias was away for work and i was by myself looking after the two kids .. but it's ok now, my stitches has healed pretty nicely though i've yet to go back to the gynae for check-up.

yesterday i was in the kitchen cleaning the bottles when elin started crying .. then i heard the sound of the baby rattle - i came out into the living room and there was sofi, trying to pacify her sister with the rattling sound. so cute .. sometimes she tries to 'shut' the sister up by putting the pacifier into elin's mouth .. always remind her not to be rough, must sayang the baby.

afcai: we bought her a super low bed, one she can crawl up and down from .. we put two mattresses right next to her bed so even if she falls out, she has a soft landing .. though she's only fallen out once and that was on the first night she used the bed.

she learnt from me la .. cos i always call the hub by his name so that's where she learnt it from .. she likes to copy the adults .. she knows to turn the aircon/ fan on and off using remote or buttons .. likes to play with the tv and electronic gadgets.

like sabrina said, the football hold is what they recommend for breastfeeding moms who underwent c-section.

sabrina,
how's the milk intake for Omera? if not enu, increase her milk intake loh. hmm...heard that nestle brand cereal is very sweet. like my sil' 8mth bb, she prefer nestle brown rice to eu ren sang brown rice powder. so in the end, my sil mixed both and also include milk then the bb wanted to eat only. till now, when she wanted to feed her porriage, the bb reject. she still cannot flip but can sit well.

oic...so yr mum is a sahm when she looks after aafreen huh??

re: future no 2-> is it? ....cos I felt that I got no energy (need to take deep breath recently and seems like chest got some blockage type) to push. yup, in fact, I far more worried abt tx's preschooling if I have no 2 in future. shd I register her near my mum's plc or my hse? dunno if my mum willing to look after my no 2, will she cope with 2 kids? cos before tx turns 1 yr old, mum told me that she won't be looking after no 2 in future. err.... I did ask this qns to hubby but hor..seems like talking to the wood. hai.... worried worried that all i have....so stressed man....also my (*&(* boss too....hai...

yup, let hope for my best pray hard I would not like to c sect for my no 2 in future. tough, it took me almost 1 mth to heal below but I still ok with it but only thing is I felt terrible uncomfortable. dunno why some ppls took few days to recover their 'below' only.

ai-yo...so how's her bb, ok ??

also, do yr hubby help u out in taking care of bb? I'm so pissed off with hubby cos I already was not feeling well due to my chest tight these few days. when I woke up in the middle of the night, I asked hubby to carry tx back to sleep but he just sat there, letting her 'yell' and doing nothing. huuby said that tx looking for her handkerchief and wanted to suck finger. so in the end, no choice, I got to wake up and then carry tx back and then stuff the pillow to her and asked hubby to go and get some water . tx doze off after finishing abt 1.5 oz of water. hai....this man...

cuclainne,
sofi so 'mature' know how to sayang and take care of her sis. gd wor...

oic...super low bed. haa..toddlers like to copy what adults do. tx also like that too. do sofi scream or snatch food when she see adult makan? tx will.

afcai: yes she has her moods .. sometimes when she's in her naughty mood, she would do things like pull pacifier from elin's mouth or pull her socks or mittens off ..

sofi is eating by herself now .. well, what she manage to put inside her mouth, that is. we have a high chair for her at the dining table and when we eat, we always set aside a bowl and cutlery for her cos she doesn't want us to feed her anymore - even when we're outside. she'll throw a tantrum otherwise. so far we've had no problems with restaurant staff when sofi makes a mess but i feel paiseh la .. well, she's got to learn sometime right ..

i think most daddies are like that .. elias is the same .. he can sleep through the children's cries in the middle of the night .. and when i try to wake him up, it takes a long time for anything to register in his mind and a while after that for him to do anything so most of the time i just get up myself. once i woke him up cos elin was crying and he started looking for her under our blanket .. ??? .. so i asked what is he looking for and he said he was looking for elin .. of course she's not there right but this man said he can hear her crying .. ya la, crying from her cot!

hahahaha! It really tickles me to read abt the daddies!!! My husband also same lah! But sometimes i do give him the benefit of the doubt that he is already stressed at work so "not in the right mind" to take care of the babies... but then again i, the mummy, also working wat...

cuclainne, my nephew is abt 3 weeks old now. When he sleeps, can hear that his breathing is irregular and there's a hoarse sound to it. He's scheduled for a checkup this wednesday so we're praying for the best. Other than that, the little boy is fine.

afcai, from my experience, it's better to have the 2nd child when TX is 3-4 yrs old. At that age, TX should already be pretty independent and can be asked to help around.

Omera intake is alot already. 150 ml every 3 hrs. hmm... yah, nestle cereal is sweet but pleasant tasting. This time round i'm more relaxed abt taking care of omera. Too sweet or not is second, what's more important to me is a pleasant taste.

Did you watch "My Perfect Child" last nite on channel 5?... the programme is abt how very young kids are able to read and do maths through memorisation.

Cuclainne,
so funni that yr hubby started looking under yr blanket. think he just look blur after waking up. sometimes, my hubby is also like that he just sat up and stare at the wall. hai....

gd wor...sofi is independant.

sabrina,
haaa 'not in the right mind' to take care of bb...hai..man huh....shake head....yeah, both of us (mum and dad) also working mah...how to compare, still need to do hsehold somemore. last time, when I was still bf time, hubby is more hardworking. now....hai...sigh...how to have so many kids huh? he mentioned he wanted 3 kids...faintz....

for me, I find that betw no 1 and no 2 age grp 2-3 yr old is the best right. one of my frenz, both her son (now 21mth & coming to 3 yr old in May) age is only different by 1 (same as u). she told me better to have one in go and then close shop.

wow, 150ml every 3hrs...my sil's bb took last time when she is 3mth, she also take the same. but not tx. dunno tx took how much cos latch on one mah... now, my sil's 8mth bb is so chubby cos she intake 210ml every 4hrs. she still prefer milk over solid.

err...me so long never watch tv liao. y'day, I came bck fr my mum 's hse only at 0925pm. cos I stayed a longer time as today not gg there.

so how's aafreen? do she help u in taking care of Omera?

afcai,

at first also i wanted to have 4 kids... but see my husband like dat... it's always me all the time taking care of the kids, i have lowered my expectation. stop at 2!

yup, omera is taking a lot of milk. She is overweight lor! now at 4 mths, she weighs 8.5kg. Exceed by 2 kg! hahahahah! cute lah, fatty bom bom! but when carry her, the hands will tire easily... :p

aafreen.. hmmm... to put it very nicely, she "loves to explore and discover things". She also "loves to do housework!" Everything also want to touch!!! Don't let her, she will throw tantrums... SO far, she is still pretty nice towards her sis. Like sofi, she will help to find pacifier and baby pillow when omera starts wailing. She actually has a baby doll where she will copy what i do to her sis onto the doll like breastfeeding (yes!..), change diaper, swaddle, pat to sleep and so on. I also have to give her an old breast pump coz she insists on "pumping"! Tried giving her a toilet roll for "pumping" but she threw back at me wor!! she wants the real thing!

I can also count on her to help me take things that are near. She will also call me when her sis is just woke up from sleep or crying. In fact, she is also the one who will tell me that my hp has beeped if i didn't hear it!

there is a scam in the thread. beware. read the posting by phoebe on 12/3 1.55pm.
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/976106/639050.html?1205303188

Sabrina,
wow, 4 kids...errr...yup, that 's why men men men.and govt keep 'blaming' women for not giving birth so the reason is bec of their hbs. sigh....

wow, 8.5kg chubby baby wor...think same as my sil's bb. do aafreen so chubby at that time?

haa..so cute inisist on 'pumping'. haa...kid hor not easily to deceive cos my mum bought a fake toy hp (tough look alike) but tx just throw away. she wanted the real hp. so my brother gave her the old mpeg3 player and she imitate adult by 'talking' to herself on hp like just smart like that....kept on gg ard the hp with the 'hp' and then like doing some 'big' business. faintz....

gd that aafreen get 'used' to her sis cos remember that when her sis came home , she cried right and seem jealous.

afcai,

when it comes to treating the lil sis, aafreen is so much accomodating now.

Btw, Dumex has just launched new formulas "Dumex All-in-One" and "Dumex Soy Formula". I think the All-in-One is like Pediasure coz for age 1-8. I bought 1 can of the All-in-One for aafreen. Taste quite nice and has pleasant vanilla smell. After finishing up isomil, going to try the soy version on omera too.

Hi mummies,
Today, tx went for MMR at polyclinic. then followed by seeing doc cos need to get the child mc. Have told doc that there is a small 'lump' at her left neck since 4-5 mth ago. the doc said that 'lump' is called 'ni ba' (in chinese). in fact, every kid also got this 'lump' thing. usually, this 'ni ba' will grow up to a certain size when there is virus attack within the body and it helps to fight against the virus that why it grow. after the virus disappered, the 'ni ba' will become small or disapper. have any mummies hear this 'ni ba' (small lump on the neck) issue? so tx was given 5 days antibiotics (but will start her antibiotics next fri only cos i think not gd to start now as she has the mmr only) and will be gg for doc review on 28/3 again. hope the lump will go away....and nothing wrong...

Sabrina,
oic...wow..gain iq also launched a new gain iq kids for 3 yr old onwards. saw it at NTUC today. oic, tot abbott is the only brand where it has soy milk. so now, Dumex also launched it own soy fm. competitive wor... but did u keep the abbott receipt loh, can accumalate pt if not, donate to me lah...:p

hi afcai

the lumps are called lymph nodes. They consists of clumps of white blood cells. The older ppl will say "wind lumps"... but of coz its not true. For young kids and babies, the doctors will always feel around the neck first when do check ups. Yup, if the kid is sick there will be a lot of lumps at the nape area. Not sick, the lumps seem to disappear. I also use that method to help gauge if my kids have really caught some sickness or not.

aiyah... I'm not the type to keep receipts. Even those stamps given by supermarket i throw them all away. To date i think i have bought abt 5 tins of isomil... :p

Hi sabrina,
oh, thks for the info on the lymph nodes. ai-yo, that lump also stay the same small size at tx's neck for few mth liao. but tx did not show any kind of sickness (not enu cough, cold etc...). do u mean that even one got cold or cough, the lump will enlarge is it??

so far, this is the first time that we ask the doc during her MMR jab. last time, during the assessment, we did not bother cos we tot it is a joint betw the bone. my sil pointed out to us better ask the doc what's that.

when tx went to doc for jab or her assement review, the doc never touch the neck leh.

ai-yo..so waste...5 receipts = 500 pts. with 4 more receipts, u can redempt a tin of 400g at any supermarket loh.

Anyone know why fever will return after 4-7 days after the MMR jab. hope tx won't get fever but hard to say bec every jab, she kana fever.

afcai,

usually the polyclinic docs wont touch the neck coz they too bz liao!! but usually PD will...
Actually not just kids, adult also have those nodes when sick...

MMR jab: maybe it takes abt 4-7 days for the body to react wif the jab?? but it's the 18th mth booster jab, u must be more vigilant with TX. Coz when aafreen had her booster jab, her whole leg with the injection became cramped. She cried as if the leg broke into 2 wor!!!! I almost wanted to send her to hospital. My mum said because i never massage the site of injection so the whole lump become harden and affect the leg muscles. My mum told me during her time, nurses would always tell mummies to put hot towel at the injection area and massage gently so that the jab solution can spread and not affect the body muscles. But i dono if that's just coincidence or wat..

Hi sabrina,
tx is crying when the doc touches her neck. we needed to divert her attention in order for doc to listen to her heart beat, measure her temp, force open her mouth to check if there is throat infection. but one of the mummies told me that it might be ear infection. dunno leh.... what ear infection like huh? ppls told me that bb lying down flat to drink milk will prompt to ear infection. told my mum this since tx is 3.5mth when intro bottle but she just too stubborn to listen. also dunno how true is that....but for me, i just use pillow to pop her up during her milk time.

did u bring aafreen to polyclinc for jab or private clinic? wow, so the 18mth booster jab jialat man....so how long does the problem resolve then? will she kana fever?

afcai,

but did the doc say that it is ear infection? If no, then most likely it's not. IF ear infection, then TX would be touching her ears most of the time coz the ears are painful.

I seriously dono how ear infection can be due to drinking milk lying down coz the ear is not connected to the throat unlike the nose lor! But i have heard of alot of ppl saying that. Both my kids drink milk lying down, but they don't have such problem leh..

I bring aafreen to polyclinic for her jabs, waste time waiting for our turn most of the time.... but for omera, to the private clinic at holland v coz i really dont have the luxury of time. In fact, private clinic and polyclinic charge same price. The clinic that i go to dont charge consultation fee if go for baby jab.

Her leg cramp lasted one hour after massaging... She didn't get fever but then different kids different response system.

Did u get pneumoccocal jab for TX? I'm thinking of getting that for Omera. Dont want her to end up like aafreen... had to be hospitalised for a week due to bronchitis when aafreen was 6 mth old.

Hi sabrina,
the doc did not check tx ear. hmm..but tx did scratch her right ear often, dunno if it is coincidence or what bec her side hair always got into her hair and tickling her or ....

ai-yo, true also, I told my mum also. she said last time, u all where 's got use pillow to pop up one, drink milk lie flat one.

hmmm where got waste time to wait for jab at polyclinic, tot having appt dun need to wait. cos the most I wait is 10 mins. last fri, I ever went early 30 mins b4 my appt time (1440hr) and then I was the second patient, only wait for less than 10 mins (have jab at 1430hr).

wow, not bad wor...dun need to charge consultant fee. is it a normal GP or PD? but MMR jab and doc review assessment are free at polyclinc mah. will u be bring Omera there since these are free. but if one dun opt of those 6 in 1 or 5 in 1 jab, in fact, all jabs taken at polyclinic are FREE.

oic...tx usually kana fever every jab. the worst one is the 6mth jab and last for 2 days with temp on and off high and low. but she dun seem like a fever kid, still can eat, smile and play.

tx do not go for any other jab beside the 6 in 1 and the hep B/BCG (since infant). read abt bronchitis
which is caused by bacteria or virus attack. surprised that adults will get bronchitis to.

hai...if u dun want the abbott receipt, can donate to me in future wor...thks.

Hi mummies,

need comment/advice from the following:

1) any one keep on encountering whereby yr toddlers keep on waking up on and off in the middle of the night (in my case, stand/sit up and wail) ? then one has to carry her back to her slp position?

2) DO yr toddlers perspire a lot (till hair wet) when he/she sleep? will u blow the fan directly at them?

3) will the lymph nodes appear when your toddlers fall sick?
(I went to touch my sil's 8.5mth bb, she dun have any lymph nodes)

4) will yr toddler struggle, refuse to open the mouth when consume medicine?

today, I went to polyclinc to see doc. while at the polyclinic, my brother called me that tx is having a runny nose (think she caught the flu fr a kid when we were on the bus ride) since y'day night. so after seeing the doc, I rushed to my mum'plc and then take her (together with my mum) to see doc. at the polyclinic, I 'shun bian' asked the doc how is the lymph nodes (tx still on antibiotic for 4 days). the *&^*% doc scared of touching tx cos she is screaming away. so my mum of cos 'pin her' down on the bed and I requested the doc to check on her ear etc. guess what, the doc told me that he can't detect her ear drum cos it 's been blocked by many ear wax. the lymph node is still the same size. I asked the doc if it is abnormal and he told me it is abnormal and the size is 1.5 (didn't ask him if it is in inch or cm). he gave another dose of antibiotics and this time round, tx needed to consume 2 tables of 2.5ml instead of 1 teaspoon. she was also given olive oil for her ear wax and medicine (in liquid form) for runny nose. will have to come back for doc review next fri. if the lymah node is not reduced, then she will has to go for blood test (test for blood count) and refer to specialist liao. I prayed hard that the lymph node will go away. forgot to ask the doc that maybe this time she has runny nose that why her node still same size.
sad.gif

hello afcai,

here are some of my opnions on your doubts...

(1) Aafreen will wake up on and off sometimes at night if she has been too active during the day. There were times she would talk in her sleep too!! And other times she will cry for no reason, then go to back sleep. These happened if she has been too active throughout the day.

(2)Both my kids can't sleep if the fans are not blowing directly at them. If at Sembawang, the kids sleep with the aircon on. But they wear long-sleeved and long pants pj with blanket!!!!??? So my kids never have problem with sweaty heads :p

(3)Both my kids will have those nodes if they are sick. When go PD, that's the first thing she will check.

(4) Aafreen still struggles when give medicine. As for Omera, she will spit out the medicine even. That's why if the kids are sick, I bring them to a PD, coz the medicine seems more child-friendly in terms of taste!
happy.gif
You use a syringe right to give the medicine??
If use spoon, can wait long long leh...

From my personal opinion and my experience (coz Aafreen is always sick), polyclinic docs don't seem to know much (or they just heck care) about children's sickness. Better go to a good Paediatrician. Yes, Pd more ex but at least we don't leave the clinic feeling frustrated and still with many doubts in our head. If you want a contact, i know of a good Pd in Clementi.
happy.gif

As for the ear wax, you can get ear wax drops for kids. Can get at Guardian. For me, i clean both my kids ears using the children's ear digger with light.

Hi sabrina,
thks for the sharing the views.

as for the qns, oic, Aafreen slp in next rm, she not scared of dark? also she want to be place on the blanket huh? I tried to place the receiving blanket on tx feet. she just kick away.

no, I did not use any syring. polyclinic never give syringe only give spoon.

ok, do pm me the PD at clementi. I heard near my plc (at ctr only), there is a bb specialist. but see how cos she is still on antibiotic till this fri. hopefully, her lymph node reduced. I did not visit tx today, call my mum today that tx runny nose recover liao.

as for the ear wax, doc gave olive oil.

afcai,

aafreen will sleep with my sis if at Holland v, and with my MIL if at Sembawang. So she still sleep with somebody. I still think that Aafreen is still too young to sleep alone. Omera will sleep with me at both places.

You can buy plastic syringe at Guardian. Get a few of those small ones (3ml) to keep at home. Very useful when giving medicine. Cost abt 30-40 cents each. Polyclinic wont give, u must ask for them. But kkh and private clinic will give automatically if medicine meant for children.

fyi, Guardian is having the promotion for Gain IQ 1.8kg for $48.95. promotion last for a week only.

Hi Mummies,
ask u when u stop bf, do yr 'gd friend' go haywire or (homo) need time to adjust back?
cos I was refer by polyclinic to direct access (cut queue) TO nuh (nearer my hse, dun want to go KKH A&E, must pay $70) gyn clinic. Did a pap smear (first time doing it so kan cheong :p) and blood test (wow piang, nurse poke a few times but no blood come out, she felt sorry for me but I said it was ok cos it was not the first time. I told her even I was on drip after delivery, i was like that) and consult by senior consultant. the senior consultant (of cos, uncle type) look very experience and he suspected my homo imbalance and now slowly return bck after I reported that I stopped b4 for 3.5mth only. my result for my test will out in 2 week time and need to go for followup. before that, polyclinic doc did a urine test. shd I thks god that I'm not preggie (cos I dun want to have a rat yr bb). hence, today, I am given 2 days of mc. Have flu, fever, headaches and sore infection. as for the spotting, polyclinic refer me to NUH (immediate direct access to see gyne) for a scan cos I reported that I have some spotting and Low BP.

my mum told me not to bring tx home this weekend.
sad.gif

Hi sabrina,
u live together with yr in laws?? oic, will Aafreen jealous or want to slp with u since Omera is sleeping with u? ok, thks for the infor on the syring.

so pissed off man.....my mum called and said she wanted to stop the antibiotic (already 2nd last day before the 10 day course) for tx.reason given she dun feel it is effective, told me tx lao sai (ai-yo, once thrice (morning, afternoon and evening but need to monitor) after taking it today, feet and hand cold etc.... ai-yo, I told her that antibiotic must complete or else won't effective and also if stop half way, later more virus attack. not only that, I told her if tx is not suitable for the antibiotic, symptons will come out during the first day liao. I strongly reminded her she must let tx complete the antibiotic and hope her node will go away. I also dun wish tx will do any blood test next fri.my mum even said let her go for the blood test loh and refer to specialist. she dun think tx will so fast get well afte the anti-biotic.

hi afcai
isaac will 'wake' up in the night when he's hungry. i must catch him at the right moment otherwise he cannot go back to sleep. nowadays, he will have to drink milk in the middle of the night and i'll need to chnge his diapers too. now tat he's bigger, he pees more and the diapers cannot tahan for the whole night liao. I tried all sorts of diaper brands but all will leak one

as for milk i'm giving him gain IQ which my hb will buy from JB. Do you know that a 1.8kg tin of gain is only S$38? although i believe that the quality is different but isaac seems ok after drinking a few tins of m'sia milk leh. so i continue to let him drink lor.

how come bb tx have swollen lymph nodes leh? i didnt have any problem after stopping bfeeding. Nothing unusual. Do take care ya? hmm... i didnt realise that bb so young can drink antibiotics ah? cos so far when i bring isaac to see doc for running nose or cough they'll only give the medcine to stop the cough/runny nose. they never gv antibiotics leh. but since they give better complete the course ya?

hi sabrina,
how are you coping with Aafreen and Omera?
happy.gif

Hi BS_S,
hmm...so yr hubby and U are fine with m'sia gain iq. how come u discontinue him fr nan 3??

dunno leh,lymph nodes, she has it few mth bck.

hai...I'm so 'half -dead". these 2 weeks from 14/3 (took tx to mmr jab) to now, I have been travelling to bb polyclinic once-thrice per week till the pharmacy cashier (cos buying the gain iq and pet pet mah), the registeration counter and maybe the security guard knew me liao. this week is more siong, go polyclinic thrice. on mon, I myself went polyclinic and then got a call fr my brother sad tx was having runny nose. ok, rush to my mum 's hse after see the doc in the morning and took her to bb polyclinic. then on thur, I went to bb polyclinic to see the doc myself for fever, cough, runny nose, throat infection and prolong menses. then make 'a fuss' at the doc and finally get myself a direct access to NUH. so I went to NUH clinic G to see gyn and do pap smear and blood test. think the tiredness, pissing off etc making me loss all the senses. nurse poke needle to test to draw out blood a few times but unsuccessfully. so I did not feel any pain at all (maybe compare to labour pain, what a 'big deal', right). the nurse was so terrible pitiful sorrie for me...haa..but I just smile and said ok it 's not the first time. ok, next, day, tot I can rest (given 2 day mcs). but got a call fr my mum early in the morning that tx vomitted out milk last night, having fever at 3am and having Diarrhoea too. but dunno why men is like that I'm already very sick liao after consuming so much drownisess medicine still ask me want to take tx to see doc or not, dun they volunterr themself. I told him he go ahead first and then I joined them later. he told me ok, and then he said he needed to go bck to office first and then later head to my mum'plc to take tx to bb polyclinic ard 8am++ (since all her record from birth till now is over there). anyway, I forced myself to get up regardless how drowny I was and was at the polyclinc at 8am. I went to get the queue no first. anyway, tx was given a lot of medicine to consume that day.

ok, then tx was bck to my hse but I could not carry her bec I dun wan to pass to her. so luckily, my mum stayed over and helped out. this man huh still told me it 's too late liao, will not go bck to office liao. faintz....speechless...dunno what shd I say??ok, never mind, I also sick(but at least my fever disappear liao) but still need to ask him to do this and that, no autto-one.....hai....my motion need to be slow or else will felt heavy head due to low BP. instead of pity me, still want me to collect the hanging clothes. hai... also I was already very sad that i could not attend to tx and try to keep a distance fr her.

ok, in summary, a lot of pissed off incident by hubby and mum lah. what mum's word really hurts me man, u yrself better recover first, dun need to care tx and I will treat tx like my child. even at polyclinic, she talked so loud to me that better not to have no 2 till tx is 4 yr old, I 'tong long to long u (pray hard u). that I think others heard it. at that time, I had no energy loh, too restless to move so did not utter any words. hai..... ok, back to doc seeing, tx even vomitted in front of this lady doc (she is the only bb baby /woman doc which is friendly and know how to 'hong' children). luckily, I was fast enu to hold her vomit with plastic bag. but still got some droplets spill out. see the diguested look of the cleaner and the dunno what to do trained doc (there's another trainer doc in this lady doc rm). my mum only shouted 'tissue tissue'. then the trainee doc then moved to get the tissue only....shake head. anyway, i like this Dr Jane Matiah. I think she is the most friendly children and woman doc in bb polyclinic. unlike, last doc, when tx cried a bit, he scared to touch her liao. this lady doc just knew how to 'hong' children but for this case, 'lose battle' with tx, cos tx screamed very loud. so she told us lymph nodes dun need to care first anyway, it is inaccurate now once there is a fever, runny nose loh.

anyway, tot, sat can rest too. after battling with the fever and vomitting for 3 days, it was gone. of cos, that's gd news cos doc said most impt is the fever. but she still lao sai but not so much only 4 times. at 830pm ++, my mum told us to take tx to kkh for check up cos, she just refuse to slp and also eat (last feed on plain porriage at 4pm++). so unwilling, we all took a cab to KKH. I tot I can slp that day cos I consume the flue tablet and the cough syrup. then 1 hr later, my head spin mah and I almost vomitted in the taxi but luckily, it reached KKH A&E in time so i did not vomit, only break into cold sweat. we waited for 1hr time before it was tx's turn to go and see the doc.

the doc looked experience (can't tell cos he is masked) fr the way his speak but sometimes quite 'ya ya' cos he said tx 's case small case, dun need to come also can cos no fever and no vomit mah....I told him to explain in mandarian to my mum since she was the one who insisted to come here. tx of cos screamed when doc tried to touch her. in summary,acc to doc, tx has only throat infection that why losing her appetite is normal, can't slp and everything looked ok. I 'shu bian' asked the doc abt her lymah node. guess what he told us. shd I feel relieve or ??? he said ai-yo lymph node if dun have die loh...(really this was what he said). anyway, he did mention that tx' node only 1cm but NOT so big lah. if 2cm and above will be worried only. but I told him polyclinic doc said that tx node is 1.5cm leh.. then A&E doc said dun worry the node will be growing smaller when the infection go off and only return if sick. so the whole issue shd made my mum relieve.

ok, back to me, I went NUH A&E this noon sun. my mum nagged and insisted me to go for my prolong menses (for 3 wks). i told her go that the doc will tell u need to wait for report (taken last thur). anyway, I 'cut queue' since they saw that I was a 'urgent' case. the gyne was sent and asked me why I needed to come down, shd I wait for the report etc...ai-yo, i told him that these 2 days, I suddenly had a scary bloody blood cot type of flush out. so scary. then he examined me and told me my cervix ok and said need to wait for report. he gave me a hormone jab (now my buttok very pain, I was wondering, when doc give jab to our bb, will they feel pain after the jab) to stop the bleeding and some hormone pill. of cos, I did ask him a lot of qns (dun waste the $80).

anyway, hope tx 's lao sai stopped and she get well soon. cos she totally lost her appetite, only drank 2-4 oz of isomil per day. she also ate bread and plain watery porriage too. she is still restless and can see all her baby fats and chubby part are all flatten.
also I managed to clear my name man...as my mum kept insisting and blame that i'm the one who pass it to her tough I told her it might be my sis. it is not me who pass the bug to tx, it was my sis who return fr batam resort and then kana food posioning then vomit the whole night. so tx is down with
Gastroenteritis flu by doc.

BS_S,

Quite tiring to take care of 2 very young kids actually... Every weekend I will bring them back to Sembawang and take care of them myself if my husband has to work. But so far it has been manageable.
happy.gif

afcai,

quite an experience you have there. Maybe there is a reason why the KKH A&E doc say dat TX case is minor... coz there is a tremendous increase in HFMD and chickenpox cases recently. 2 weeks ago when i accompany my sis to bring her baby to A&E, even the nurse at the counter said if can wait n bring see GP, don't come to KKH coz alot of the kids there sick with HFMD and chickenpox.

Are you on contraceptive pill? I was on contraceptive pill the past 2 mths and i had to stop coz i was bleeding for 2 mths non-stop. Doc said the pill coz an hormonal imbalance in me. Now ok already.

Hi Sabrina,
errr...yup, really seen a lot of sick child esp with fever. tx lao sai worsen y'day lao sai for every hr. so my mum insist we brought her to A&E and we brought tx to NUH. it 's a longer wait of 5hrs than kkh man...cos there are only 2 consultant rm. saw 2 of the kids (1 toddler and another 1 bb) came by ambulance and with an oxygen mask. so the doc attended to them first. then overheard that they will be warded to ICU loh. so scary.....

no I'm not on conteaceptive pill.tot u bf (last time) cannot on contraceptive pill mah.... dunno why my bleeding got worst on sun and my mum insisted me gg to A&E NUH. so I went and the gyne (me cut queue cos I asked bleeding non-stop for 3 weeks) asked me why was I here and my report was not ready yet. I told him I got excessive bleeding suddenly these 2 days. then he did a checkup on my cervix and it was ok. so I was given a homo jab (till now, my hip still like numble) and then medicine to cinsume for 21 days(think shd be some c pill).

ask u, tx got rash on her tummy on sun when she consume only 2.5ml of the kaolin (given by KKH A&E doc and was told if not neccc dun given but bec her lao sai worsen so we given her). then realise that the instruction found on the kaolin (used to treat mild diahorea) box stated 3 -5 yr kid consume 5ml etc... hmmm does it mean it is not suitable for toddler? then wondering why kkh doc still give this medicine? today, I saw rashes all over thighs and back. wondering does the rashes last so long?? cos today, she happened to consume another new prescribe sachet medicine for harden the stool.

Hi afcai,

I had the same experience as you when with aafreen. She had flu and vomiting for a week. Ding dong ding dong between GP and KKH A&E. the docs said it was flu only. But the thing is she never recovered even after taking the medicine. The final straw was when aafreen had difficulty breathing and she had alot of phlegm. Brought her to a private PD ( the one that i recommend to you) and aafreen was diagnosed with bronchitis. The PD referred aafreen to KKH with a written letter to tell the docs at KKH that she was suffering bronchitis!! Aafreen was hospitalised for a week. I went back to the PD for a review. I found out from the PD that Aafreen could have recovered faster and stayed in hospital shorter if a different kind of treatment was given. haiz... That's why, now if any of my kids are sick I straight away bring them to a PD. If the PD refer, then go KKH.

Is TX sensitive to the medicine? That's why her rashes never go away? The medicine should be ok for her since the doc has calculated the dose intended. Actually kaolin is a common medicine. At Guardian pharmacy also sell. Dono y KKH like to give common medicine.

H sabrina,
y'day, tx 's rashes was all over her body from face (not so much) to legs. body is the worst. think she might be allegy to another medicine again. this time round, the medicine she consume is dioctahedral smectite power used for stool hardening. she has been stopped consuming that y'day noon but will consume the Latose. I really admire my mum man...she can make tx sit still and then feed the medicine by the cup. then tx will drink one spoon by one spoon. she told tx that if she dun drink, the doc will come and touch u. so tx just let her feed. anyway, her lao sai has reduced to 3-4 times a day.

Hi Afcai
Maybe you want to take Sabrina's suggestion to see a PD if tx condition doesnt improve. At least, it'll give you a peace of mind whats wrong with her. I think the trips to the GP and A&E are also taking their toll on you. So far, when I bring isaac to KKH Children A&E, it's been ok. The doctor is able to diagnose correctly whats wrong with him.

I do hope tx get well soon. She is a clever gal huh? Understand that if she dun sit still and drink medicine, she will see the doctor again.
happy.gif

Aiyah, hb are like that lah. They dun take the initiative to help lah. But would yours help you if you tell him directly? I think men are like that, they cannot read minds so it's better to tell them directly that you need their help lor. Save you lots of heartache
happy.gif

Hi Sabrina,
How's Aafreen now? Has she recovered from her bout of bronchitis? Has she adjusted to the fact that she has a younger sis now?

Hello BS_S,

Great to hear from you again! Been bz huh...
happy.gif

The experience that I shared abt Aafreen having bronchitis happened when she was 6 mths old. But up till now I still remember it vividly coz of the frustration (not to mention the tiredness too!!) that I have to go through.

I think Aafreen has "resigned to her fate" that she has a younger sis who is also screaming for attention. hahah! Sometimes she tries to play with her sis, keep a look out if her sis is crying when no adult is around or just help to take her sis things. But there are also times where she will let known that she is still the first child! Tantrums lah! So far, no major sibling problems yet. But the thing is, the parents (aka me and the daddy) have to try as much as possible to treat them fairly. For eg, If I buy her sis clothes, I will buy clothes for her too.. and must be similar colour!!! If not, she will just snatch her sister's or make such a big fuss abt it!

So... will we get to hear any "good news" from you soon...???
happy.gif
hehehhe....

Hi Sabrina
Dun think will have no 2 so soon. Cos' right now Isaac is a handful and inflation is rampant so feeling the pinch in my pockets. That's why I have resorted to buying M'sia milk powder too.

Yup, I've been busy with work and my comp at home has been going bonkers. Sometimes can use but most of the time cannot use leh.

Good to hear that Aafreen is adjusting to the fact that she has a younger sibling. Do you have any news of Watie? She seems to be MIA liao...
happy.gif

Hi BS_S,
saw watie busy herself in the marketing thread man....now she is trying to sell her nestle fm.

Hi sabrina,
Heard that the PD(baby and child) in bt batok once gave a wrong medicine, swollen gum she said allergy, turn out dental infection (last year). that's the comment by one of the mummies.

as for the kidslink in chinese garden, the PD said her gar got diarrhea turn out to be allergic to chocolate (cheap chocolate bought in jakarta) so she vomit a lot. after all the chocolate gone, no more vomit.

even PD also can give wrong medicine loh.

Hi Afcai
I guess doctors are just human beings after all. They can also make mistakes lah. Do you bring TX back everyday? I bring Isaac home every day. So although the time I spend with him is short cos he sleep at ard 10pm, i feel much better.

I am also planning to put him on 1/2 day child care starting in May. Just hope everything is ok, esp now that HFMD is getting serious.
happy.gif

hello BS_S,

I'm also starting to give Omera cow FM bit by bit. So can go for more affordable brands. Soy milk is pretty taxing on the pocket.

I do keep in contact with Watie. She is bz juggling both work and family.

afcai,

Like what BS_S said is true. Doctors are also humans. To err is human... heeheheh! Still we need to hear both sides before making judgement. Btw, chocolate made in indonesia inferior meh???? Alot of our foodstuff made in indonesia u no.

But i still have no confidence in polyclinic GPs...

HI BS_S,
no lah, want to bring back also not conventient (mum'plc not so near me) and no own transport. if bring bck tx, then in the morning, still need to squeeze with crowd in the bus.also it's very rush for me as I start work at 0815am while hubby started work at 8am. so no pt bringing her bck unless we have own transport.

did u give him other jab beside the 6 in 1 jab & MMR? where do u take Issac for the jab - polyclinic or private clinic? oic, do Issac has stranger anxiety or sticky to u? cos got a mummy who plc her 17mth toddler in the cc and her boy cried every day even accompany him. so in the end, he just attended 2 weeks of cc and then the mummy got to hire a maid to look after her boy. of cos with her MIL supervise the maid.

sabrina,
hmm...chocolate do cause allegic to kid. forgot kids below what age cannot consume chocolate. hmm...but normal runny nose type or small issue can go polyclinic GPs loh. tx has been gg to polyclinic since she is out of hospital for checkup and jab loh. I myself also go polyclinic when I am sick too. haa cos no need to pay upfront cash mah. anyway, my medical claims has been used up liao, think this mth or next mth, need to deduce my pay liao.

so I see how the fdbck for the kidlink fr my cousin first b4 I decide shd I bring tx to bb and child PD at my area there or cck kidlink? hubby told me dun need to bring her for her lymah node, tx ok. another mummy also share that her son also got lympah node on his head now and then for week liao cos acc to her PD, she said that lymph node will not disappear. It's meant to be there. It's common for children to have swollen lymph node. Esp for children who always get ill with cold, flu, fever...bec when there is infection, the lymph node will swell.

hmm...

last u/d on Watie is that she becomes D hsewife again loh few days ago loh.

did u get any sample of fm for Omera to try? do she know how to flip liao??
there's one mummy at my estate, her 7mth old gar got 3 tooth liao, know how to flip when she was 3 mth , crawl during her 6mth (saw her video wor) and now sit very upright liao. wow....develop fast wor... my sil 's 9mth bb still cannot flip only know how to sit.

hello afcai,

Yup, Omera knows how to flip already. And she has started to move backwards when on her tummy. She has also learnt to grasp things and put it into her mouth!! She is quite a smiley baby now (she was a very grumpy infant before!!) Always smiling and cooing. I've already put her in a walker coz she can sit straight with support and her feet can start pushing backwards. Oh yah! I've also let her watch tv.

But I don't know y this time round, I'm not so kan cheong abt Omera's development. Coz I remember wif Aafreen, I kiasu kiasi abt her development. I will panic with every little thing that Aafreen missed. Right now, as long as omera is healthy and has most of her milestones developed accordingly, I'm pretty happy.

I think with 2 kids, my parenting approached has definitely changed. For Aafreen, I'm always seeking for opportunities of having teachable moments with her coz she can understand more things now and response too. And for Omera, interactions, interactions and more interactions. heheheh!

Back