Subsidy Patient @ KKH

Hi Watie,
ai-yo, mentioning abt ironing clothes, i seldom or hardy iron clothes one. haa... ok, see u next sat.

Sabrina,
do u live at the lift landing floor cos I am thinking of taking stroller loh. if yr plc is not living landing then I would not be taking stroller. wow , it's my first time gg to yr area man...

afcai,

i do have an extra flask.. which is underutilised.. i can pass it to u if u want.. coz.. i oso never use.. my boy big liao.. and i seldom go out with the kids.. later i go and searcf for it..

any mummies here would like to try calendula cream? i have a leftover tub.. abt half left.. well kept.. in d fridge.. just lemme noe hor.. wanted to use it as moisturizer for my face... but too oily for my skin.. hehhehhee.. so not suitable... my son oso no longer using it liao...

Hi Watie,
thks for the offer but I dun need the flask, u keep it lah, maybe u will need it in future. in fact, I got 3 flask but 2 of the cap spoilt, now left 1 flask only. it will be wasted if the 2 throw away that's y I'm thinking of buying the cap only. but dunno where can I buy?

what is calendula cream?

hi mummies,

I have BAD NEWS....

My husband is down with chicken pox. We just went to the doc's just now. Right now, I'm hoping i'm not infected too... will know in a few days time to see if any symptoms appear. Aafreen and Omera are at my mum's plc. This is terrible!

Sorry mummies, for everyone's health safety, i guess it's best that I stay away from all of you... So looks like this Sat gathering at my plc has to be off...
sad.gif
Many, many apologies.

Hi sabrina,
it is indeed bad news. ai-yo.....one of the mummies also kana chicken pox and then her gar also got it after she recovered.

yup, thks for the consideration loh. we shall postphone loh. u have not got chicken pox yet???? I have mine when I'm in pri 3 or 4.

I will be gg to IPAM for course on 1/2/08, will u be at yr mum'plc then? need to pass u some items.

HI Sabrina
Do take care ya? Although it's bad news indeed cos' I was really looking forward to meeting up with you guys, but you & your hubby need to rest ok? We'll arrange another time k?
happy.gif

Btw, mummies, how are all of you? Am going to miss this month cos' of the many holidays.. hahaha. Oh well, I'm now looking forward to CNY cos' I'll be going back to INdo. Any special orders from there?
happy.gif

afcai,
anything u just sms me. I will be at my mum's plc most of the time since now that i have change school nearer to my mum's plc.

Hi BS_S,
so how long will u be taking Issac back? how's Issac now? already walking liao?? who is looking after him now??

sabrina,
wow, gd for u, working near yr mum's plc and then go to yr mum'plc to look for both yr princess loh. maybe as the date (1/2/08) if nearer, then see what time will u at yr mum'plc? lunch time or 5pm(my course ended at 5pm)? is the VCD at yr mum'plc also??

so is yr hubby is now isolated in yr sb hse??haa he must be missing his 2 princess + u veri much loh.

afcai,
my new work plc really very convenient. Near commonwealth mrt station. I'm so happy coz suffered 1 yr of long distance travelling last year from holland village to woodlands.

My husband chix pox is sooo terrible!!! His entire face and body covered with many, many small bumps. Lucky i'm not infected... heng aah!

btw, what breastpump were u using before?

sabrina,
wow, travelling so far from holland village to woodlands (waste so much time loh to and fro but if it is yr hse then it will be very near) and wondering u enjoying the mrt trip. keekeke...

but for chicken pox, when the affected person is at his/her last stage of recovering (highly dangerous stage) then one of need to stay away from him/her mah. one of the mummies in my thread kana chicken pox and when she recovered, her bb got it. poor gar, she is so cranky.

breastpump, I only use it when after 3 mth plus+.I still prefer latch on cos so conventient, dun need to wash, sterlise bottle etc. the brand I use is medala mini single electric pump.think i got this fr BS_S. so slow and then need to hold the other side when pump one side cos the other side of b will drip while pumping one side. then need to alternate pump.

after using for 3-4mth, my cil lend me her medala dual mini pump. wow...pump is faster and can generate 100ml in 10mins man, previouly, need 20-25 mins to do that. this really cut half of my pumping time.

offically, I started pumping after I send tx to my mum'plc 2 wk. I can pump up to 800ml (wow, compare to one of the mummies who can pump up to 1000ml or more per day is not much liao) per day. but after 1 mth when returning to work, my ss dropped and then can only pump to 760ml only. each pump will generate 180-240ml (that's when I return to work).

i dunno shd i regret not to pump during the first 3 mth so that I can have gd rest esp during confinement. I hardly have rest during the first 3 mth bec tx is a 'difficult' to take care bb. she dunno why not satisfy after the feed, like to doze off and then woke up crying (high pitch) wanted to feed again. hai..but thinking back, think what I gained was the bonding with tx while latching on. think it was worth the effort. so fr then, tx is like a koala bear(didn't see me, will cry).

what's abt u, how much EBM u pump?

afcai,
no choice la. I have to stay with my husband even at his last stage of chix pox. If not, who's going to help him put the calamine lotion on his body and do errands for him. Baby has chix pox... that's really terrible coz babies can't tell if they are itchy or in pain.

Right now, I'm using Ameda dual pump. It's quite good coz can clear breasts fast. But cannot help to boost milk ss. My friends suggest getting Medela Pump in Style or Avent Duo but siao ah!! These pumps cost abt $700-$800 brand new! I pay for my Ameda pump already heartpain!!

I used to be able to pump more than 1L a day. Each session abt 160ml and i pump 8 times a day. But now i cut down to pumping 4 times a day only coz want to stop bf gradually. When bf, mummy go no life loh and i don't like that. Everytime can only go out for 3 to 4 hrs only coz if longer will have engorgement. And latching on is a problem coz my milk flow too fast. So i'm stopping bf. A bit sad lah coz my ss quite ok.

You won't have a good rest even if pumping instead of latching on. In fact more tiring coz must pack the EBM, wash and sterilise the pump. More work. And have to do this every 2 or 3 hr.

Hi sabrina,
oic. calamine lotion when place in on rashes etc shiok man. I use it during my confinement mth cos got rashes on my neck. recently, tx is using the bb version of calamine lotion cos she has bad nappy rash and her p area swollen for almost 2 wk +. just realise that when they read my blog, mummies fr e dec thread told me it's not normal to have rash that continues for 3 wks. and advice me to get a doctor to check out tx's nappy rash n to confirm it's not, say, a fungal infection n there's no UTI. scary wor... now, tx is ok liao. will check on her when she is back tonite.

yup, that Medela Pump (*^& ex wor....but for me even I intended to continue my 'moo moo' career for long, but I dun think I still buy that ex pump. wow...pump 8 times, I can't pump so many times when I returned to work that's why ss drop. true, mummy got no life, need to 'rush' to moo during the scheduled timing. I have already graduated 3 weeks ago fr my moo moo task. but now, my b still got a bit milk leh.

agreed agreed, I 've confining myself for 1 yr 1 wk for moo moo task liao. engorgement is one thing but scare will kana block duct man. I got it so often bec tx is cranky and I could not pump at my schedule timing and delay for 1-2 and kana block duct liao. dunno why it is always left side and my left side b produce more milk than right side. do u have 1 side of b produce more than another side?

haa...agreed, last time, when I was latching on tx for 3 mth, milk milk is so fast that it spill all over tx's face (help her to do facial). tx also is sleepy during latch on and she also choke man....

so what do u do with yr excess milk? wash feet/face or bath? that's what i did. cos pouring down the bm into the drain will be make me heartpain.

did u freeze any ebm? till now, I have not and dun really know how to do that.

is aafreen on enfagrow?? if so, i have the $2 discount voucher but will be expiry mid of next mth. if so, would u like to have it?

Hi sabrina,
then if u contact with yr hubby then u still contact with yr kids, dun scare u kana chicken pox (touch woods). have u got chicken pox b4?? a mummy told me that it is better to have now cos later on, if kids go to sch etc then a bit troublesome so scheduled will be affected etc.

mummies
just for info, there is a promotion of Nepia diaper/pullup at NTUC selling 2 pcks for $26.x5 till next wed. grab it man...

afcai,
my mum toldme i had chix pox before at age 4-5 yo. so i'm quite safe lah.
yah, my left side also has more milk than the other.
Just got to know abt the ntuc nepia offer when i went to ntuc yday morning. But i just got 8 pkts from the nepia delivery! shoot! Thought of stocking up more, but no space to keep the packets already.
aafreen doesn't take enfagrow. thanks for the offer.
happy.gif

I have baby einstein complete dvd set. u let me know if u like to dup. But this one, u have to dup urself hor coz too many dvds... keke!! there are 27 in all.

afcai,
surprisingly, aafreen loves watching the dvds!! So to the toddlers, it might be fascinating to them eventhough i, as an adult, finds them quite slow. Maybe the colourful puppets attracts aafreen.

Hi Afcai
Yup, Isaac can start to walk liao. In fact, last Sun when I brought him to Centrepoint, he was walking on his own and trying to play with two other kor-kor there. Now slowly, he's walking more steadily. So happy cos' I also dun need to rock him to sleep at night liao. Phew... save my arms...hahaha

Yup, I'm bringing him back to INdo for CNY also. will be leaving on 6 Feb and coming back on 12 Feb. Too bad cos' they dun have flight on 7th leh cos' I actually intended to eat reunion dinner with my in-laws first.. but now cannot liao. Unless they decided to have it earlier lor.

My in-laws are still taking care of Isaac. Hows TX? can she walk already? my ex-colleague niece is starting to talk first before walking and isaac is walk first then talk.

Sabrina,
Aafreen walked first or talked first? How's your hb? Hope he is better now. Are you looking forward to going back to school?
happy.gif

BS_S,
Aafreen learnt to walk first then talked. My hb's chix pox has now surfaced at the legs. Those at the face and body dried up already. Adult's chix pox really terrible! I still have abt 3 weeks left of my maternity. Actually i'm kind of looking forward to go back to work coz new working environment.
happy.gif

just a quick sneak in here before tx woke up.

Hi BS_S,
usually, we will makan reunion dinner with in laws early - 1 week earlier and usually on sat. tx is quite kiasi and dun dare to walk. she tried to stand up and then free herself without support but then quickly, squat down cos she scared of falling down. last few week, she did fall and knock her cheek to blue black. hope she will be able to working at cny loh.

tx can babble a few words like ball, a-pple, mama, papa, 'mo mo' (meaning makan), bao (bread in chinese), bird etc....

till now, she still go some stranger anxiety, see ppls esp guy she dun like will burst into tear. like last weekend, we took her to the complimentary photo studio shoot, all photos turned out 'ham bao' (crying) one and only managed to catch 2-3 ok shoots.

HI Sabrina
DO you still remember the first time when she called you mama and meant it? Cos' although Isaac now babbles but he doesnt really know the meaning of the words yet. Btw, ask you ah.. walking shoes for those learnng to walk shld be soft soled or hard soled ah? Cos' now I want to get a nice pair of shoe for Isaac so that he can start walking outside... hehhe
happy.gif

Out of curiousity ah.. when it spreads to the legs does that mean that your chickenpox is nearly running its course? I cant remember getting chickenpox but measles yes. It was bad cos' my guardian then only allowed me to eat plain porridge and preserved cabbage (those from the cans one). eat until sick man...
happy.gif

Afcai
Wow.. your reunion with your in-law is so early ah? Normally, we eat on the actual eve lor. Cos' my family too far away to have reunion. It's only lah.. Isaac was the same as TX when he started to learn to walk. QUite scared to let go too but eventually they all will let go one.

You tried taking TX more often? Maybe that will help reduce her anxiety lor. I will also try to bring ISaac more often to visit my sis in M'sia so that he will be used to travelling by train/bus. Wahh.. the first night on the train was a nightmare man.. cos' Isaac kept waking up every 1-2 hrs... I was panda in the morning i tell you..

hello ladies ... sorry for the absence .. seeing my gynae again on the 16th and then deciding on a date for my caesarean cos the doctor said the baby is quite big .. scary but then again it's ok cos i won't have to push!
happy.gif

BS_S: Sofi has both .. but she uses the hard-soled ones more often .. one squeaks when she walks so we can hear her when she runs off but she prefers this pink pair that we got for her before christmas - more girly cos it has flowers etc .. now when we're going out, she immediately goes for that pair and sits on the floor to attempt to put it on herself .. hahahah ..

Hi BS_S,
yup, usually, reunion dinner at my in laws falls within a week from cny cos my bil gg to malaysia mah every yr with his malayisa wife and 2 kids.

wow, how long is the traveling times by trains and bus to malaysia? maybe, Issac did not get use of the sound of the train? tx loves to take mrt cos everytime, we will hear the sound of mrt and she will be excited and asked me to carry her to the window and look. fr my hse, we can see the mrt clearly.

y'day, tx has taken a few steps. today, she walked like a drunkard. but is it normal that when toddler start to walk, they will tend to walk very gan cheong and quickly till trip.

Tan Leng Leng,
thks for the inform. cos recently, my gar has a bad nappy rash for 3 week liao. but this week, she is slightly better as her skin also dry and pinkish liao.

Tan Leng Leng,
thks for info on the desitin. dunno will the cream be too strong for bb 's skin? hmm...how old is yr kid?

Tan Leng Leng,
thks.
wow...yr kids at least big liao.thks, I bought the drapro....cream liao.

mummies,
where are u all? busy??

Tan Leng Leng,
wow...#3. gar or boy??congrats! hai...thinking of no 2, I would like to have but too tired even looking after 1 only. I just wean off bf last mth only and think will be starting to plan my no 2 but I dun want yr end bb leh cos my gar just turned 1 last mth only. but on the other hand, I would like to have my child to have a age gap 2-3 yr. hai...

afcai,
#3 donno gender yet... Maybe next month.
happy.gif

It's a good time to plan now,
we concieved our #2 when #1 is 10 mths old.

Can share what's your age?

Tan Leng Leng,
I just wean off bf last mth loh, how to get preggie then? ai-yo...my age huh....1 yr b4 hit thirty loh. what's abt u? did u bf yr kids?

afcai,
me going to be 31 this july... kekeke...

You can get preggy as soon as you get your menses back ley...
happy.gif

I BF my girl for 12 mths, my boy for 16mths,
budget mum, no money for FM... hahaha...

Hi Afcai
I hv been feeling tired these days so been sleeping early at nights. Thats wy never post lor. Hows TX? Isaac is walking very well these days. hehehe.. it's quite convenient to hv him walking but at the same time quite worrying cos' he tend to wander off to explore so must keep watch on him.

Cant wait to go back Indo for the holidays. It feels like a long time since I had a holiday. Have u bought CNY clothes for TX? This time, I decided not to buy cos' my mom told me that she has bought some for ISaac in Indo liao. hahaha...
My SIL delivered yest... her bb is quite big... 3.7kg leh..

Btw ladies, hows things with you all? I wonder if Cuclainne has delivered yet...

Hi BS_S,
oic. tx has a bad nappy rash for 3 weeks liao. last week, only ok. over the weekend, think we finally found out the cause liao. it is the huggies dry comfort which cause the rashes. I tot she has been using huggies dry(blue) during the daytime so it shd be ok for her to use huggies comfort(red) for night time. but .... think gg to sell away my huggies dry comfort liao. I only use few pieces only.

walking: tx is still wobble like drunkard. 2 days ago, my mum said, she fells badly. now, her cheek become purple, her right eye (side only) red and her chin also red. poor thing. this is her sec time falling but this time is more jialat.

for cny clothes, I only bought 2 different design of the CNY chinese version of clothes at BP thread for tx. anyway, she got a lot of new clothes (all pink dress) during her birthday last mth. so dun need to buy liao. wow...congrats to yr sil. boy or gar??

yup, me also pondering since cuclainne 's bb is quite big and doc suggested to choose a date for c sect.

hai...sian, gain iq is on promotion at shop n save. I have searched for both shop n save my area but all the fm has been snapped up.

Tan_Leng_leng
oic...wow, at least u got 3 kids liao, me only 1 kid. wow, u gd wor...bf yr gar for 12mth and boy for 16mth. yup, the price of fm kept on increasing. haa..that's why this motivate me to continue bf till 1 yr old 1 week loh. then I decided to wean off cos it was too tired for me and I kept on getting headaches mah. gd also, u got 1 boy and 1 gar...so do u hope yr no 3 will be gar or boy?

are u a sahm? cos bf very tiring and restricted movement one. everytime, have to rush back to pump or else got engorge man...

my 'da yi man' visit me during 8mth of bf when I skip pumping due to gg on course etc. but it is very irregular and the following mth, 'da yi ma' dunno go where liao. then on oct, it came again and after 2 weeks later, spotting is seen. Have asked doc why and doc told me homo is changing.

I have been not putting extra effort lah...:p. haa anyway also very tired after work cos I got to be a part time milk maid, by the time, I reached home it was already 9pm++.where's got mood to exercise? keeeke...

think will try for 'moo moo' year bb.

afcai,
2.5 nia... haha...
I was a SAHM, now working already.
happy.gif

Can "train" breast to milk only at night,
I feed my daughter only after work from 3rd mth till she's 12mths.

When we TBF, usually menses will not visit us,
unless we are well rested & eating very well.

Moo moo year.... can try from April? kekeke...
happy.gif

Tan_Leng_leng ,
oic....wow, dun u feel engorgement if u only pump at night. haa I latched my gar on for 3.5mth when I on ML + 1 mth paid leave loh. so hassle free cos dun need to sterlise bottle etc...did u latch on yr gar (is yr no 2 gar??)?

hmm...some mummies even TBF, their gd fren visited them during 5mth. yup....but I luv my no 2 to born in between mar - aug (prefer jun - aug) so that there isn't much hoilday. I already lugi 5 Public holidays liao when my gar is born during dec. so I do not prefer another year end bb leh.

wow, yr kids are still young, so who is looking after yr kids? my mum hint to me that she seems not keen in helping me to look for my future no 2 leh...

afcai,
I latch her on only at night,
weekends full-day,
so on mondays it'll usually engorge very badly...
#1 is girl, #2 is boy.
happy.gif

They are both in full-day child care center,
my MIL also don't want to look after #3,
now headache too...
sad.gif

Tan Leng Leng,
wow...gd wor...but won't she bite u? err... u still bf?? not afraid of trigger labour? oh...that's bad...think own mil or mum look after better. hmm...at least, both yr kids got accompany each other. Heard one of the mummies that her kid refuse to go ccc and kept on crying? will yr kids cry at first when u sent them to ccc?

afcai,
pinch their nose when they bite.
happy.gif

They are now 3.5 & 2 r old liao,
stopped BF liao.
happy.gif

It's normal seperation anxiety,
it'll go away about 3 weeks to 3 months time.
happy.gif

Tan Leng Leng,
haa..u pinch the bb nose...for me, I scold my gar loh.

wow, at least, yr no 1 and no 2 got accompany to go to cc.

my col told me that her sister dotter (2yr old) cry very badly. the mum see heartpain and then the kid also smart. in the end, she has no choice but to be sahm cos the kid dun wan to go ccc.

afcai,
when u pinch their nose,
they will open their mouth to breath.
happy.gif

Unless she does homeschooling with her daughter,
but there are things that cannot be taught at home.
Kids have to start schooling sometime, somewhere,
my personal opinion is "the earlier, the better",
to build their immune system, to make friends, to learn to share.

Maybe your col's sister can try to send her crying there,
try 3 weeks...

My kids used to cry too,
now they asked for school even on sundays.
happy.gif

Tan Leng Leng,
gd idea wor...

agreed, also let thme be more social.wow...yr kids quite out gg hor...they luv sch so much and glad to hear that they find it fun wor...

do u deliver yr kid at KKH also? natural or c sect? me still got labour phobia wor. scare dun have stamina to push.

afcai,
yup,
I delivered both at KKH,
3rd one will be at KKH too.

#1 I was at delivery suite for 22 hours,
#2 6 hours
Hopefully this time even faster.
happy.gif

Me also Labour Phobia,
but all is worth it when BB's out... right?
happy.gif

Back