15 months old day surgery

happythoughts

Hi everyone !

My 15 month old daughter is scheduled for day surgery in KKH on 18 July. Just don't know what to expect on the day and also worried about the part she has to go for general anesthesia

She's supposed to fast few hours before the surgery and I'm now sure how are we going to do that. She's still breastfeeding every few hours.

Anyone has similar experience? Hope to hear some encouraging stories !

Hi everyone !

My 15 month old daughter is scheduled for day surgery in KKH on 18 July. Just don't know what to expect on the day and also worried about the part she has to go for general anesthesia

She's supposed to fast few hours before the surgery and I'm now sure how are we going to do that. She's still breastfeeding every few hours.

Anyone has similar experience? Hope to hear some encouraging stories !

hello! My boy went for a day surgery at NUH when he turned one. He had to fast as he needed to undergo anaesthesia too. He also latches every few hours. But as his operation was scheduled as the first like 8 am, he was still half awake so he didn’t latch much.
I have to say the doctors and nurses there took care of me more than my boy cos they kept on reassuring me that I was doing great and they would take good care of him. I’m not sure for KKH for NUH, I have to change into operating suit and bring him into OT and they will administer the GA while he’s in my arms. Thereafter i left the OT. Think they want the parent to be there with the baby before and after the GA.

Back