Subsidy Patient @ KKH

i was home, sick with cramps yesterday but housework still had to do otherwise nothing will be done the way i want it done so that's why i was still up - doing laundry la ..

the first time we brought sofi to the pool, she cried and held on to her daddy the whole time. the second time we went, we brought her favourite bathing toy (rubber duckie). she still cried but it was better. subsequently she began to get used to the water and refused to hold her father anymore .. sometimes he catches her if she is about to slip in the water, this girl can push his hand away - she walks around in the baby pool now, no fear. last time she was also afraid of grass .. bring her to botanic gardens, she will cry but now she will run and explore. all that is left is her dislike for sand .. i think she don't like the texture. she will start crying and refuse to move if we leave her on the beach .. and will cry even more if she gets it on her hands ..

i suppose the 2nd c-section was not as scary since i've undergone the 1st not so long ago but the wound did take a while longer to heal than for the 1st.

1. no leh, i didn't call anyone to massage me - maybe i should have. elias doesn't really believe in these post-natal practices including confinement so it's hard for me to convince him ..

2. sofi took her first steps when she was about 11months but she still preferred crawling till after her 1-year birthday, that's when she started to walk. initially her walk is a bit wobbly but now she's ok, she doesn't walk - she runs and dances .. aiyah ..

3. sofi drinks more at home than she does in school - i suppose they are more strict with routine than we are. as long as she asks for milk, we will give.

5. yes, her diaper will be off because we tell her to sit on potty during her shower time. i think it's time for sofi to potty train because she can take her diaper off on her own now. sometimes after she's poo, she will stand near the toilet and point to her belly-button (this was before we intro her to potty). now she will try to take off the diaper herself if she's pee or poo .. she likes to run around without diapers now so perhaps it's time already ..

6. sofi used to be able to fall asleep by herself but since moving to the new place, she has to have someone in the room with her until she falls asleep .. otherwise she'll just climb down from her bed and go out again (we leave the door ajar so she can open and come out if she needs to). elin can fall asleep anywhere and when it's time for sleep, even if she is still wide-eyed, i will put her in the cot and leave her .. if she makes some noise, then i will check on her but i don't pick her up .. eventually she'll just fall asleep by herself. we are lucky that she has learnt to sleep through the night now .. i think perhaps sofi also got that way because we had left her overnight at my mom's place far too often and my mom likes to manja her like all grandparents do, i suppose, by patting her to sleep .. i always told my mom that she doesn't need to do so otherwise the kids will get used to being pat to sleep but she never listen. then when we get the kids back, we have to retrain them again ..

7. the teeth wipes have a strong grape flavour to it so sofi thought that all wipes are meant for her teeth, even now she will occasionally suck on a wet wipe when we're not looking. according to the packagine, it's meant for first teeth. ya lor, she was growing her teeth at that time so it was like, yahoo that her father was volunteering his fingers to be bitten lor .. hahahah .. i think it's ok to consume a little .. otherwise the kids will never learn to brush yah .. my cousin's kids, all below the age of 7, have bad teeth decay already ..

Hi afcai,
hey..., u still have many months to try for a 2009 BB.
happy.gif

Of course scared lah, 2 child birth is not a lot leh, haha...
yup, both by natural birth.
happy.gif

cuclainne,
wah, very brave woh... you dare to C-section... hehe...

Cuclainne,
hmm...seems like left leng leng, u and me only...where's sabrina, BS_S, Watie (busy with her depserate hsewife life) and naddy (so long never been here....dunn is she planning for no 2 liao???))
u on mc today?? post so early??

oic, think I got to explore tx on all the mentioned items. but how u carry the bb then when yr heal is still hurt esp one need to bend down to the cot??

1. hhmmm...maybe ask elias himself to massage u loh since he dun believe in these post natal practices. haa save cost.

2. wow..11mth took her first step liao. my sil's bb hor 10 mth liao still dunno how to flip. the moment when she placed the bb on the tummy, she cried. she also dunno how to crawl. she kept on wanted to stand up.

3. oic...gd did she still have night feed? now, my mum told me that she gave tx milk during midnight or 1am and then 5-6am. sian....so when tx is bck at my hse, I only give her water during the 1am timing but will give milk at 5-6am so that i can have a smooth slp later. do Elis help u to feed yr gars? it was always me who do that.

5.wow, so smart wor...take diaper off.err..running ard with diaper off, dun u scare, she urine on the floor?? Toilet training readiness checklist

6. true, my mum also pat and fan tx to slp even there are 2 fans (one fan attach to wall and tower fan) on. same same.....also told my mum that too but she still do that.

7. wow..so young already bad teeth decay...ai-yo...have u buy any toothbrush for sofi?? if so, where did u get it?? is it bb or kid (like those kodomo version)?

Leng Leng,
haa...think so, but hor, I wanted to aim for those mth that got less PH one so that i won't lugi my ML so much. last time, lugi 5 PH liao and then sometimes, 2 of them fell on sat and are claimable one. so lugi... haa..so u target so many kid u want?? haa...but hor, my haywire 'gd fren' not stabe leh so think need ot work more harder...I want to try for a boy...need to read up how to get a boy liao? u already mummy of 2 kid (coming to 3 lia), did u get wobble tummy?

any idea where to buy toddler's toothbrush? do waston sell or NTUC sell it?? what brand? is it kodoma type?? yup, my gar luv to see adult do things then she will point to the items and indicate to let her try.

what fm both yr kid drink? now gain iq is having promotion at sns and guardian loh selling at $24.10 and $24.20 respectively. gain iq on promotion too.

hello,

I'm still around... alive and kicking! heheheh! Been quite bz lately coz of work and both my kids fell sick again.

1) I've resigned to fate that my tummy will never be as flat as it could be before. But after giving birth to Omera, my appettite is not as big as before... Don't why... sian... I don't go for buffets when eating out anymore..

2) Aafreen likes to run... and most of the times, her scope of vision is only at her eye level. She won't look at things on the ground. And sometimes, her feet seems to be moving faster than her brain?? So if she misses a step, she she does fall down sometimes.

3) Aafreen's FM feedings are abt 2-3 times a day max. Coz she drinks other dairy beverages now.

4) Yes, in fact I let Aafreen eats anything that she wants.. Coz her appettite is really low. She needs to take appetiser and her weight is below the 50 percentile.

5) I'm not in a rush to toilet train Aafreen. I will let her when she is ready... meaning when i find that her diapers remain dry when left overnight (i.e. when she sleeps). That's the sign she can control her bladder already.

6) Both aircon or fan on.

7)I brush with her during her showers.

Leng Leng: only brave front but on the inside, was very scared ... for no. 2, i remember thinking whether i can change my mind about the c-section as they are wheeling me into surgery. but then ah, my water bag burst already and it's two weeks before EDD so i just counted the minutes until it's over la. my baby's health comes first. the gynae still have time to ask me if i wanted another baby as he is stitching me up .. hahahahah ..

afcai: no la, i woke up early yesterday and decided to reply before i went to work
happy.gif

what to do - i just had to deal with the pain lor, thank goodness for painkillers.
happy.gif

there was a girl in sofi's infantcare class who started walking when she was about 10 months old, very steady gait leh .. at that time, sofi was learning to walk so sometimes she looks like a drunk .. can never walk straight .. hahahah ..

nope, sofi must be in bed by 8.30-9pm. we try to give her the last feed by this time but sometimes she refuse if she had eaten more during dinner. even if she wakes up during the night (before 12pm, she'll walk out from the room, climb on the couch and fall asleep watching her father play PS3, after 3am she'll climb into bed with us), we just give her pacifier or ignore her .. if she falls asleep somewhere else than her own bed, we wait until she's asleep and carry her back and she'll stay there until morning. Thankfully she doesn't wake up often during the night. but ah, come morning time she will climb into bed with us and wake me up. then i have to go into the kitchen to make her milk. she'll have her milk while watching lazy town and hi-5 on cable. then depending on whether her father is having breakfast at home, she will ask for chocolate or strawberry-flavoured milk, some yoghurt and cereal or toast with butter. otherwise she'll get her breakfast at the centre. so i see that she gets hungry in the morning since she's not had anything during the night.

i don't care leh - i will wake elias up to feed the girl(s) when they needed night feeding (now both of them are off night feeding) or if they are making noise in their beds (most of the time, it's a false alarm .. elin stretching in her sleep or sofi losing her pacifier/teddy, etc). and i make him do the last feed, change diapers/clothes and put them to sleep while i wash dishes, laundry, etc .. cannot do everything ourselves, they also must help out. i always tell him i carry them for 9 months by myself leh so he can jolly well spend a few hours each day helping out now that he can ..
happy.gif

so far at my place, she hasn't peed just about anywhere .. she peed once in the potty, and several times on the bathroom floor. even then i consider it a success because she doesn't pee in the rooms even though she's running around without a diaper .. hahahah .. but she peed once on the floor in my mom's kitchen because she took off her diaper but someone was in the loo and i think she cannot tahan already ..

i think we bought her the normal kiddie toothbrush with soft bristles at the supermarket .. i think her toothpaste is the kodomo kind. so far ok leh, she likes brushing time .. after that she will open her mouth big-big and let me inspect her teeth .. and breath .. hahahaha ..

Hi afcai,
yup, just the few of us,
maybe the rest are reading?
happy.gif

Good news,
scanned yesterday, BB's head is down already.
happy.gif

You can get KODOMO toothbrush from Giant...
Milk powder for my kids, any brands, the cheapest type... hahaha

wobble tummy?
Now still donno lah,
tummy so large now... hahah...

hi

Leng Leng,

wishing you a smooth and safe delivery. Update us when you have popped yah!
happy.gif

kao_babydust.gif

afcai,

How is TX now? and oh yah, those are baby dusts for you!!!
happy.gif

sabrina,
sneak in here, boss not in...

for me, since after deliver tx, I lost huge appetite but I have told my mum that but she still cook so much. hai...
last time, go and eat buffet kind of worth it but now....nia...

ok, so it is a milestones as my mum said that it is part and parcel tat kid fall down then they will grow up. do u agreed?
but hor. so sad to say that this is what I got a replied fr my dec thread mummy (see quote "") "and are you educated???? or are you just very selective in things you wish to listen to??? coz 'old people' say fall down then can grow up means you believe it????? then your mother also insist on putting powder on tx wat. why you come here and complain complain??? your mother old person right? she say ok then ok lor."

oic.....my mum also said no need to rush for toilet train tough some mummies already started as young as 10mth (even brush teeth)

tx hor sometimes a bit pek chek (irriated) cos growing teeth mah....then she also fell twice per day wor...this gar dun see where she gg. but overall, she likes shopping and excited over it, can dun need to slp , just shop and shop (took her to town on sun mah....2nd time bringing her to town (espande/pardang,city hall area (dunno how to spell). haa more like hubby and I par-tok day, tx is the little light bulb). she also become a very over-friendly toddler, see anyhow also smile,blar blar bb language bye bye etc...faintz...also kept on uttering bb alien language which we always play guessing game with her to indicate what she is telling us. she will point to a thing and then blar blar.

thks thks. will grab the baby dusts. but hor, think got to wait for next mth cos hubby gg to business trip (first time) this sun for 2 weeks. sian....dunno I can cope with all hsehold, tx and work stress(piss off with my ()*() and col who take mc agai (1 week never come liao).) haa.that's why can take another long leave next yr (if no 2 making is successful cos I have haywire menses now).

Cuclainne,
same qns that the midwife asked me during my stitching part too.

hmm..so sofi is slp in other rm? will sofi or elin be cranky if past their bedtime? last time, tx will when she is infant. but now, she will not even hpow puffy her eyes were, she will not slp in new envirnoment plc. she will wine only.

hai..what to do when hubby work OT esp after I wean off fr bf? sian...almost everything, I needed to do my own (only he helped to mop floor and on sat, help to do laundry while I looked after tx). hai..sian, hubby will be away for 2 weeks fr this sun till 10/6.
that' mean I dunno if I can cope all the hsehold and tx by myself.

oic, be careful not to let sofi run to bathrm alone. i always tell tx that and my mum that cos tx always like to stand outside the bathrm.hmm kodomo toothpaste, can consume type meh?? i mean the toothpaste can eat one?
we also bought tx a toothbrush with soft bristles fr sns which is suitable for 1-4 yr old kids. when she saw me brushing my teeth, she also use her toothbrush and copy what I did. err...that'mean I think she dun like the soft brush which come with the first toothpaste.I even asked her to open her mouth and then she did it.

Leng Leng,
wow...gd gd wor....is it true that will the sec pregancy or third pregancy EDD will be as early as the first one (cos mien was 10 days b4 my EDD date)?
also is the labour be shorten then??

gd to know u are also a budget mummy.

re: wobble tummy....i mean after yr 2nd preggie, will yr tummy wobble?

wishing you a smooth and safe delivery.

afcai,
my 1st was 2 days earlier,
2nd was 3 days earlier,
this one is 35th week liao, donno when will pop... hehe...
happy.gif

KODOMO toothpaste cannot consume,
1st teeth & pigeon can.

tummy wobble,
do more "sit-ups", may help.
happy.gif

Thank you, thank you...
happy.gif

afcai,

Just ignore what that mummy post abt you. She's not the one taking care of your kid. You complain coz you want the very best for TX right? As parents, we naturally feel worried and maybe even panic when our kids fall... It's not a good feeling to have when we see them cry or have bruises. So....It's not wrong lor! This is a public forum anway. When you share your doubts in here, I actually got to learn some pointers too.
happy.gif

Cheer up ok
happy.gif

afcai: yes, both elin and sofi are sharing a room. elin is quite easy-going - she can fall asleep anywhere, anytime .. hahahah .. sometimes in the evening, she can fall asleep in her rocker so we'll just carry her into the cot. it can be quite tricky with sofi - she has a routine where she brushes her teeth, change clothes before going to sleep but sometimes, she does get cranky when she's tired but doesn't want to go to bed yet. on the weekend, she was being so cranky and noisy so i spank her (not hard la, but just enough to let her know i mean business) on her buttocks. she whimpered a little, hugged her teddy bear and fell asleep on the couch next to me. her father does the 'i-am-asleep' routine where he pretends to be asleep no matter what she does (ransack her room, throw her toys around, etc) and eventually she'll get tired and crawl into bed and finally sleep. this method takes longer though and usually the father will fall asleep at the same time too - no longer pretending!
happy.gif

you can manage - it might seem daunting but tasks are manageable when you prioritise. for example, don't let it get to you if you cannot do laundry every second day or whatever your routine is. will anyone be helping you with tx - you still need your rest. when elias was away, my mom would come during the day and then i'll get my 1-2 hours' sleep. have you considered getting a part-time helper?

wah - tx is learning slowly but surely, that's great! i don't know if the toothpaste is safe to consume - maybe it's because me and elias are more bochap when it comes to these things .. i read somewhere that a woman is said to swallow between 4-6 pounds of lipsticks in her lifetime .. wah, if she can swallow this much of something that is worn on her lips, then she would have swallowed more toothpaste then cos it's on the inside of the mouth so to me, i think it's ok .. hahahah .. but that's my 'logic' la, don't have to agree ..
happy.gif

btw, don't let the ladies' posts at the other thread get you down .. it seems to me that they have a cliche thing going on there and that they enjoy ganging up and putting people down .. like what sabrina mentioned, they're not the one taking care of your kid let alone know your situation first hand. just take the good points in mind and leave the bad ones behind
happy.gif

sabrina: hey .. how are you and the children? when are we going to plan another meet-up?

leng leng: very soon very soon .. how are you going to handle 3 kids? my 2 is already like a handful to me
happy.gif

cuclainne,
I've got a confinement lady for 28 days,
after that it's play by ear liao lor...
happy.gif

Get hubby to look after older ones,
get older ones to help out with younger ones... haha...
happy.gif

sabrina,
I was so pissed so y'day. not I complain, I just share and ask the qns and she n other mummies just tell me I asked senseless qns. so pissed off. I even told them advice are to seek but to follow or not it is up to individual cos by having more opinion, at least mummy can choose.

this ss what other mummy posted to another mummy indirectly said me:
" i observe tt no matter how crystal clear u try to reply her, she still comes one whole big round and ask questions with absolutely no relevance. so it's really pointless. you can't reason with an unreasonable person. it's like 对牛弹琴 u noe. tho i understand y u all buay tahan.

she suka suka ask qn, u all make e effort 2 ans. she ask 4 advise, u all gif but she oso dun wanna follow anyway. den now she says she just wanna whine nia. so let her lor. just dun read her posts if it gets u worked up. be like me! now i very e ZEN! hehehehe...

or mb e next time u try to write in very very simple english and very short sentences??? altho i'd suggest to just leave it cos from her latest post, it's very clear that she's too deluded to understand anything.

In the first place, what is a small matter in YOUR eyes may not be a small matter in other mummies' eyes! Just like you don't understand why there is a need to see PD, until now I CANNOT comprehend the "shu bian" go and ask poly doc about TX's swollen lymph nodes after 3 mths! so WHO are you to impose your own standards of what is appropriate care onto other people! And with that, I cannot even begin to imagine what would be considered as a BIG matter in your eyes!

Also GPs are for ADULTS, PDs are for CHILDREN, that is why there are still GPs and other kind of docters around like gynaes, oncologists, cardiologists etc, all serve a different segment!"

another mummy who posted:
"i'm afraid i'm gonna have to agree with the mummies who spoke up. it seems like you were really tactless (you know? like never bother abt other's feelings) when you made that comment abt fizz. who are you to tell her to monitor Cae when you asked in your barrage of qns why tx falls down sooooooo often???? You made it out to sound like she was a negligent mother when in actual fact, you can't have been much more careful yourself if tx falls so often such that you even have to ask that on the forum!

Also, who are you to tell Fizz to monitor Cae when you don't seem to monitor or care abt tx's lymph node growth for the past couple of months?? and only when you have a problem yourself, then you bother to find out about yourself, and repeated so many times (as if you are sooo proud of it) that you asked the doc abt tx's lymph node growth because it was 'shun bian'.

so say you were healthy and didn't fall ill, when would you ever find out from a doc (be it a GP or a PD) about tx's lymph node growth??? Who needs to monitor the child more??

you needn't be sarcastic and mention that perhaps you were brought up in a poorer family so you have to visit a doc at the polyclinic or wat... i know of pple who are not poor and travel all the way from punggol to get free consulatation at CCK. Why do they do that?? kiam siap wat. or perhaps these pple value money a lot more than the rest of us frivolous pple here.

it's been such a long time now and i simply cannot comprehend the fact that till now, you still do not understand why so many mummies were upset with you over tx's lymph node matter. do you remember??? pple who were reading our thread had to come in and give their opinions too!!! and you thought the rest of us were what? xiao ti da zhuo ah?????

the next time you wanna shoot your mouth off asking/commenting your insensitive, tactless and scarily senseless qns, please think more than twice.

Perhaps there was a reason why there were no mummies replying to you regarding those qns you asked."

"

there are more sacractic posting. dunno what's wrong with those mummies?

Cuclainne
haa..same situation as my hubby too if he do the pretend to be asleep method. he will doze off b4 tx. but mostly, tx prefer my accompany more than his papa.

when outside, if I walk slowly or stop to look at banner etc, tx will go 'mama mama". if it was hubby who walk slowly, tx bo chap. my hubby always asked tx why huh, mama not ard, u will shout but papa not ard, u will bo chap.

yup, when there is no 2, a lot of factors need to be consider. will sofi more sticky to u than her daddy?

* 对牛弹琴 - meaning turn to deaf ear.

Leng Leng,
u very cool loh.....cheers! will both of yr kids very sticky to u?

afcai,

u still have all of us here in this thread. Even if the rest of us don't post in here very often and some has even MIA... but u have our numbers right? If u need a listening ear, don't have to wait till one of us reply u in here. Can straight away sms/call us
happy.gif

I can never 'fit it' in those mth by mth mtbs thread anyway....

cuclainne,

When you said "you just have to handle it" in one of your posts with regards to managing childcare on your own, it really sets me thinking.. hard. My husband and i have 'thrashed' things out wrt this, and the past week or so has really been more pleasurable to endure. So i'm coping pretty well with the kids right now. Thanks
happy.gif

aaahh... yes! the million dollar question, when can we have a meet up again... I'm having my holidays pretty soon. Then, I can pop by at kkh (erk!!) and we can catch up on each other
happy.gif

The other mummies how?

afcai: sofi is more closer to her father - really her daddy's girl lor. elin is closer to me but then again, perhaps because elin is still small so i spend more time caring for her and i expect sofi to be more independent now. but sofi will only call me if she wants something like to eat or drink .. she will call the husband only if she thinks he's left her behind .. hahahah ..

same like sabrina, i don't think i really fit into those kind of threads .. feels like one is an outsider if never join in the thread from the beginning ..

sabrina: errr .. did i? hhahahah .. said so many things all over the place that sometimes i don't even remember what i said .. but glad to hear that you're finding it better now ..
happy.gif

alamak, don't have to come to kkh to have a gathering la .. hahahah .. if you ladies don't mind, i am ok with opening my home again .. or if someone wants to have the gathering at their place instead, i'm ok with that too
happy.gif

sabrina,
thks (with huggies) and this make me feeling comfort. so disappoint by them.

hmm what do u mean u cannot 'fit in' into those mth by mth mtbs thread?

ai-yo, think if I have my no 2, I also need to thrash out thing with hubby too or else I will tired out myself.

have u intend to send Aafreen to some playgrp or short class next yr? when I told my mth this, she told me too young, later get sick easily etc...'but I think I will still send cos have to explore tx more so tat she will be more sociable.

cuclainne,
think have to get tx stick more to papa instead cos i scared if I have no 2 then how? so much worries man....

sabrina/cuclainne,
dunno where is BS_S, naddy and YoUnG_MoMmA (aka DeSpeRaTe_HouSeWiFe) hor? any updates??

haa....seems like we ladies all live scattered north (2 of us), north east (2 of us) and west side (2 of us). hmmm..so concidence, the number is so even.

hmm..I dun mind open my hse but my plc is a bit small.

afcai: you have to be prepared that tx will be extra sticky to you if/when you get preggie with no. 2 - it's like they can sense that they'll be having stiff competition for your attention soon so that's why they'll be super sticky then. sofi was this way but thankfully she's quite close to her father so i was able to pass her to the husband as soon as i get tired carrying her.

leng leng: you must join us if you can.
happy.gif

leng leng: so are the rest of us .. heheheh
happy.gif
usually we have our gatherings on the weekend .. just a few hours to chit-chat about our kids, ourselves .. sometimes we even do product reviews .. hahahaha .. right, ladies?

afcai,

I think I will only start thinking abt Aafreen going to such schools or playgrps after she has turned 3. Not so soon. Right now, i think that her learning and playing at home is enough (more than enough in fact!!!)... hhhehehe!

Aafreen is very sticky to me. So, Omera no choice must 'give way' and get more of her sayang from Papa. But totally agree with Leng Leng, when the kids are sick, they don't want others but dear Mama only. Sometimes, I have to cuddle and carry both kids at the same time. :p

cuclainne,

i have the einstein dvds... but it's those that comes in a box... not sure if the dvds are "ori-gee-null" or not! .... :p Can pass to you if u want to dup...

Leng Leng,
oic...so yr kids are closer to papa than u?? when yr actual EDD date (next mth)?

Cuclainne,
hmm...extra sticky...ohh...now, she already sticky liao. when I go bathrm and close the door, she will scream (even I told her that I'm gg to urine or bath). she will either try to bang or force open the door. so Papa has to divert her attention, carry her to the window and view the MRT train passby or see those boy boy playing ball downstairs.

oh...gd that sofi is now papa's gar but not tx leh....she will stick to my mum if she is at my mum 'plc.

sabrina,
haa...as mentioned, 'more than enu' while playing at hm...hmm...is she creating mess at the hse?? tx will do and I always ask her to put bck the thing she take. she has been clipping her finger when she played with drawer and she will be 'yang ow" and ask me to 'sayang' her when she hurt her finger (even a tiny knock also). then I will 'scold' her telling her serve her right lah, who ask her to play with drawer and then hurt her finger.

but she won't climb up and down one cos she is kiasi type. we did tell her if she did the climbing, she will hit her head later so maybe this scare her. dunno will Aafreen climb up and down etc...

when tx was sick during end of march, I was also stick but I can't go near her. so my mum came to my hse and take care of her and she super glue her man....

afcai,

aafreen has more than enough toys and books and what-nots at home. Most of them are rented toys or books borrowed from the library. If she gets bored then it will be to the playground downstairs or a stroll around the block if i'm already back home from work, together with the little sis. She doesn't really create a mess at home, so it's not too bad.

Aafreen does climb up chairs in the house and especially at the playground. I let her 'explore' the playground herself. Usually if it's a really minor 'accident', like tiny knocks or falls, i will pretend i never see. Then she will just pick up herself and start running around again. Let her be rugged lah!

oh yah! aafreen loves playing with drawers and doors! I just let her be, but with a watchful eye. If her fingers got sandwiched, let her learn cause and effect herself! hah! After that she would be more careful!!!
happy.gif

I sound like a bo-chap mummy.... hmmm...

sabrina,
oic. my col told me that she do not want to bring her 6 yr old son to library as she find that the book there are not clean. ppls might sneeze/cough etc onto it. so she bought book when they are on sale esp at MPH sale.

ai-yo, even when tx fell down, I pretend not to see. she will coem to u and then point to her 'injuries' and said 'eh eh eh" and want u to sayang her. she will repeat again several times a day. faintz...

of cos, cannot say u bo-chap mummy lah. in fact, u are training yr gar to be independent mah.

ai-yo, dunno why some ppls in my dec thread are so KS. one mummy even take volunterr form and intended to sign up as voluneer in one of the gd/SAP sch liao so tat her gar can get into the sch during P1 registration. she also signed up for swimming lesson, playgrp etc...she is gg to sign up for musical lesson too. ai-yo. a lot of mummies also will be signing up for pre-nursery next yr. but only one mummy said that she only sign up playgrp twice-thrice per week type but not class. as she think that now childhood is for the kid to play and kid will still need to study for 20 yr later.so not to stress them up.ai-yo....

afcai,

I think some mummies just want the best for their kids, so i don't think it's wrong of them also. If they can afford it or have the time, go ahead then.

Haha! TX so cute
happy.gif
Nvm lah, just sayang her.
happy.gif

sabrina,
dunno will Afreen will tell u or ask u the same thing again and again or not? tx did that.eg when she saw crane and construction site (near my mum'plc), she will do her bb talk.

mummies,
Toyrus is having Madness mid yr sale now. buy 2 get 3rd free and buy 1 get 1 free type. check it out at http://www.toysrus.com.sg/inside/MadnessSale08-mainpage.htm

mothercare sale now islandwide up to 30%. but there will be 15% off storewide for 4 days at Harbourfront ctr only till 25/5/08.

afcai,

Thanks for the info on the sales. But for mothercare, even if got 15% off, the things still very expensive. Kiddy palace also have discount sale, but dono if still on or over.

Aafreen will keep telling me things that she saw until i acknowledged it. It's common for toddlers
happy.gif

Hi ladies
how have you all been? Been quite some time since I logged in.
happy.gif
Been busy with work and isaac. Was so stressed the past few days over work that last night I had tension headache (for the first time in my life!) and an ear ache. walau... it was so not fun man. arrghhh...

I'll be putting isaac in half day child care starting next wed. Hope things are ok... *cross fingers*. been reading all the postings secretly at work but too bad didnt have time to post anything.

If you dun mind, we can meet at my hse also. It's open for you all to come...
happy.gif
Just let me know when ya? I'll be on leave next wed - fri so i can also go to kkh to meet up... hehehe

Sabrina/Cucclainne
Hearing your experiences coping with 2 kids sound quite a feat man. Hmm... not rushing into having #2 hahaha...

Leng Leng,
Have a smooth delivery k?? Update us once you've delivered.
happy.gif

sabrina,
oic. agreed, so far, I only go window shopping at mothercare, never buy anything there. for kiddy palace also, till now, I have not bought anything fr there.

hmm...at least, but will Aafreen stopped telling u even u acknowledge. this tx won't one. faintz....

LengLeng,
oic, tat mean u still got abt 2-3 weeks loh. but how to u cope when yr NB arrive if yr no 1 and 2 need u to acc them to slp? ai-yo, I can't imagine if I can cope cos my gar now is so sticky, everything also want me.

BS_S,
oh...we ladies here MISS u wor....hai...ever since I delivered tx, I got headaches often liao and even chest tight. hai....work stress with (*&(*& boss and not so co-operate col.

is Issac ok with stranger?? then who is gg to take care of him another half day?

so how's Issac?

Heard from the news and newspaper that baby under the age of 6mth cannot consume too much water. it will be bad for their kidney as too much of the water will tend to destroy or reduce (forgotten) the sodium.acc to the news, if the weather is hot and also due to constipation then consume of water is ok.

wondering will it affect the toddler if they consume too much water? any comment on this?

(for tx, she dun consume water during her 0-7mth cos she is a tbf bb. but now, she consume a lot of water leh. )

Hi, can anyone share the costs of ALL your antenatal visits to the polyclinic? Is it a monthly visit or bi-weekly visit? How many visits in total throughout pregnancy? How much is per visit roughly including the tests n all? Long waiting time?

Which polyclinic is better?

I am asking on behalf of my sis in law. I personally gave birth at TMC and I had a very good package so I didnt pay much. After deduction of Medisave, I only paid 800+ for my stay at TMC. My antenatal package was 550 unlimited visits right frm the 1st time I tested positive till delivery. Even when i had fever i went to see gynae also free. Somemore after tht can use Medisave to claim back maternity package. So I m just wondering whether going to KKH as subsidised patient is that cheap after all.

Thanks!

Hi everyone
Just wanna share the story of my son's 1st day at the childcare. He seemed to enjoy himself playing with all the toys and new friends. Although initially he cried for a bit, after that, he settled in quite nicely.
happy.gif

But unlike the other kids, he was busy running around exploring while the rest were sitting down listening to the teachers.. hahaha. He looked so cute
happy.gif

Hey, so when's our meeting?

Afcai,
I think it's ok to let our kids this age drink water liao. Cos' sometimes i let isaac drink about 200ml of water at one shot. Cos' at least the water keep him hydrated. You dun worry about the mommies frm the other threads lah. I also cant fit in there cos' I guess everyone wants diff things for their kids.

Hi Livvie
I cant remember the total cost of all my visits. I was referred from a polyclinic to KKH right from the beginning. I remember each visit to see the doctor at KK is about $30-40. Prices may haev increased now. I didnt pay anything for my stay, everything is fully paid through Medisave. I stayed in B2+ ward at kk, 3d 2n cos' my case was elective c-section.

Hmm... why dont you recommend your sis to follow what you did previously? Cos' being a subsidy patient at kkh means long waiting time just to see the doctor and you dun get to see the same doctor for your every visit leh. so she must also consider all these factors ya? hope the info helps!

<font color="0000ff">Hi mummies</font>,
see other 06 mummies intending to send their kid to pre-nursery, will u all be sending too? for tx, she can't bec if she is to enrol in the PCF pre-nursery then must be 30mth leh. guess can only register her next may 09 only.

<font color="0000ff">BS_S</font>,
oh, drink 200ml in one shot. wow...

<font color="aa00aa">Liwie</font>,
same as BS_S, I was also refer from a polyclinic (2 wk before my appt with polyclinic antental but did not get a chance to go) to KKH (my hubby choose KKH over NUH cos first time mummy KKH is specialise in child and woman mah) fr the begining cos I got some complication (bleeding during wk 5 and then scan no foetus only waterbag at wk 6).

my each visit to doc is $20 (consultant fees only) + lab test ($7). so total is $27. if got scan then depended on what type of scan? the ultrasound scan at outside clinic A cost $12.xx while the scan (growth scan) at the upper level cost me $30+. same same, i also did not fork out any cash for my 3D2N stay at KKH B2+ costing me $1500K (all paid by medisave after subsize). then I can claim bck $500 (KKH wrote a cheque 1.5mth later after I delivered) for my antenatal checkup too.

true true, as a subsized patient, even with appt timing, if doc on call, then got to wait for unknown hr. also every visit, see diff doc (if heng then see same doc) then have to repeat yr history again. usually, for my appt timing, I will go there 1/2-1 hr earlier to try my luck. sometimes, I do get call in earlier than my appt timing, other times, even with appt, I only wait 10-20 mins but so far, I waited almost 2hrs man...when the nurse gar gar told me that they forgotten my number. faintz....

u mean u fork out cash of $800+ for yr balance?? did u see the same gyne every visit? do u need to book appt time?

<font color="aa00aa">BS_S</font>,
didn't know u c sect one.

afcai: Thanks for your reply. Yeap, same gynae, Mine was private gynae mah
happy.gif
Usually they give apptment date but when I walked in because I was not feeling well, I could still see him
happy.gif
I really fully used my package or rather he was quite suay to have me as his patient..very lugi for him cos cos my 1st trimester I had spotting and lil probs here n there. There was a period of time I saw him like thrice a week? Everything for 550
happy.gif
some packages can only start from 12-16 weeks onwards and already costs 800.

Anyway we still gotta fork out cash for them cos SIL n BIL do not have much CPF..they are pretty young. Thats why I wanna know how much the difference is because either KKH or TMC we also gotta pay cash, just how much more. If the difference is a lot more then my SIL got no choice but to go KKH lor..else how my MIL pay for them?

/purple{livvie},
no problem. we all shared our views here mah. haa....not suay leh..it's just part of the package wor...so u mean u walk in, u dun need to pay anything?? do u still need to wait a long time when u just walk in without any appt? wow...see him thrice a week man....

hmm..yr sil not working?? I am not sure if TMC has this 'policy or call it scheme" cos at KKH, one can claim back the antental checkup bills (receive a $500 cheque 1 mth after my delivery) after delivery. did u claim any?? so for me, all bills are paid by medisave and also can claim bck $500 loh. just fill up the form with that at the customer service when u do the pre-registration before yr delivery.

hmm dunno if there is an financial scheme available at the respective hosptial leh?

afcai: yeap its all under the package hee. From the time I paid the 550, I didnt pay a single cent. I only paid for my hormone pill, my detailed scan at TMC and my strep B test.Other than that, everything you go there, its free with the prenatal vitamins and folic acid
happy.gif

Back