Sengkang/Punggol Mommies Club

Hi Beluga,
Thanks a lot. Will contact you via sms. Thanks again.
happy.gif

Hi Mummies

Me just got back from the trip last night..... hope everyone is well....

4 more days to weekend!!!!!

Violet, the thermo bag and stuff, I will drop by 1 of the days to return to you hor....
happy.gif
Thanks so much!!

Hi Sengkang/Punggol Mommies Club

i m a sengkang sahm. i hv a 17 mth boy. would like to send my boy to childcare centre. anyone hv good suggestion? thks
happy.gif

Hi all Seng Kang/Punggol/Hougang/Serangoon area mommies or daddies,

Found one good masseur at SRI BAYU or the House of Traditional Balinese Massage... just next to the Punggol Nasi Lemak or beside a radio shop. Was having shoulder ache and a lady Rose did the massage for me. Great hand power and really help in "curing" my ache. Tried alot of spa etc... many spa is "Bluff Eat"(Mandarin) 1. This lady is really good. Only $50 for 60mins.

Hi mummies,
i am back again. haha these few days mia , cos was abit busy with my work.
voilet u just come back from holiday , that is good.

welcome to the club Chong Lee Hwa.

Missylan,
The house of traditional balinese massage , they do slimming session and massage during confinement too. heard not bad

Hi Lee Hwa,
There's quite a few cc around so check out a few before you decide. One cc that is suitable to one may not be suitable to another. So you really have to go there a take a look yourself.

Hi Linsaw,
wah, finally u appear liao.
Not me go for holiday la, it's Wendy(cpj) that went HK recently.
happy.gif

thks violet blaze.

i hv been a sahm for 17 mths. very stress n 'sian' . my baby boy hv trouble in sleeping. yesterday he slept at 9pm ++ and been woke up by me and husband at 12 am. b'cos we found cockroach in the room. and later he played until 4am ++. any mummies hv experience how to deal with it?

wah kaoz! i tell u, realised so many of u are rivervale mummies! i oredi turn into the SAME ROUTE 3 times to collect different things from different mummies! hahaha...

Violet
Oh it wendy who went for holiday sorry ...pai sai too blur liao ...
Ya recently abit busy, i have to clear some payment for sub con,cos project going to finish soon.... meeting and meeting almost everyday

Jen,
you came here so many times... then maybe we should open another thread for rivervale mummies club haha

Hi Violet....
No time to check on the forum these few days.... yeah, i managed to bring back the BM.... i left the hotel at about 4 plus and reached home at about midnight....it was abt to thaw when i took them out from the bag.. so i quickly put them in the freezer....
happy.gif

Hi Furlover
I am interested. I have PM you liao.....
happy.gif

Good morning everyone....

Wendy(cpj),
no problem la, can understand when things gets bz lor. Now I free mah so always come to forum
happy.gif

Joleena, linswa and Jen,
Saw in the other thread that you gals joining some flash card sessions.
So far for my 2 kids, I just do it at home myself daily.
Errr... daily for my gal last time 'cos oni 1 bb, now oni once every few days for my son... so unfair hor
sad.gif

Can you share what is done at the session?

<u>Mooncake</u>
I'm not a mooncake person so can anyone share which is good? Need to get some for my ILs
Think I missed the BP organized by are....

hi all! woah, mooncake festival soon! geez, time flies...
oh violet, woah u very good ar, flash card daily ar! me havent tried yet hehehe.
me too, not a mooncake person... but wldn't mind to try the Swenson's icecream type hehehe any lobang anyone?

mum05,
1st kid mah, all attention on her so more kut lat, and my gals seems to enjoy it anyway so it motivates me to do everyday lor.
Sometimes I tired(actually is lazy) and oni do half the usual qty she will make eh eh eh noise!

Now I oso try to do as often as possible with my son.

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD>Mummies' Nick</TD><TD>Kids' Name</TD><TD>Kids' DOB</TD><TD>Kids' Age</TD><TD>Location</TD><TD>Job</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>amanda (0505bride)</TD><TD>Lim Xin Ru</TD><TD>08/02/06</TD><TD>7m 07d</TD><TD>Fernvale Lane</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>2</TD><TD>anissa (clarences_mum)</TD><TD>Clarence</TD><TD>22/08/05</TD><TD>1y 00m 24d</TD><TD>Edgedale Plains</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>3</TD><TD>apricot </TD><TD>Aston </TD><TD>19/04/03</TD><TD>3y 04m 27d</TD><TD>EdgeField Plains</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>4</TD><TD>are</TD><TD>Rachael</TD><TD>04/10/04</TD><TD>1y 11m 11d</TD><TD>Rivervale Drive</TD><TD>WFHM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>5</TD><TD>bbcindy</TD><TD>Chloe</TD><TD>06/03/06</TD><TD>6m 09d</TD><TD>Compassvale Drive</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>6</TD><TD>beluga</TD><TD>Ryan</TD><TD>06/12/05</TD><TD>9m 09d</TD><TD>Edgefield Plains</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>7</TD><TD>bulma</TD><TD>Jarren</TD><TD>12/01/06</TD><TD>8m 03d</TD><TD>Edgedale Plains</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>8</TD><TD>caymom</TD><TD>Caydence</TD><TD>25/05/05</TD><TD>1y 03m 21d</TD><TD>Edgefield Plains</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>9</TD><TD>Cecelia Tan (ariesan)</TD><TD>Raphael </TD><TD>23/01/02</TD><TD>4y 07m 23d</TD><TD>Rivervale Drive</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>"</TD><TD>Rachelle</TD><TD>16/08/06</TD><TD>0m 30d</TD><TD>"</TD><TD>"</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>10</TD><TD>chiart</TD><TD>Javier</TD><TD>03/12/04</TD><TD>1y 09m 12d</TD><TD>Rivervale Crescent</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>11</TD><TD>deniz (deniz_ann)</TD><TD>Meghan</TD><TD>12/10/04</TD><TD>1y 11m 03d</TD><TD>Compassvale Street</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>12</TD><TD>doll (podolly_gantan)</TD><TD>Alyssa </TD><TD>23/02/05</TD><TD>1y 06m 23d</TD><TD>Edgedale Plains </TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>"</TD><TD>Cheyenne</TD><TD>12/06/06</TD><TD>3m 03d</TD><TD>"</TD><TD>"</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>13</TD><TD>Fiona (funkychick)</TD><TD>Joshua</TD><TD>03/12/04</TD><TD>1y 09m 12d</TD><TD>Buangkok Link</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>14</TD><TD>flolai (mashimaro771)</TD><TD>Zavier Tan</TD><TD>21/05/05</TD><TD>1y 03m 25d</TD><TD>Punggol Field</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>15</TD><TD>flotan</TD><TD>Raelyn</TD><TD>25/10/05</TD><TD>10m 21d</TD><TD>Punggol Drive</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>16</TD><TD>furlover</TD><TD>Sean</TD><TD>18/09/02</TD><TD>3y 11m 28d</TD><TD>Rivervale Drive</TD><TD>WAHM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>"</TD><TD>Sarah</TD><TD>20/06/05</TD><TD>1y 02m 26d</TD><TD>"</TD><TD>"</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>17</TD><TD>glayz</TD><TD>Sky</TD><TD>16/06/05</TD><TD>1y 02m 30d</TD><TD>Compassvale Bow</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>18</TD><TD>ilim</TD><TD>Keagan</TD><TD>21/02/06</TD><TD>6m 25d</TD><TD>Punggol Field</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>19</TD><TD>Jackiejon</TD><TD>Jonathan</TD><TD>18/11/02</TD><TD>3y 09m 28d</TD><TD>Rivervale Drive</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>20</TD><TD>jadonmum</TD><TD>Jadon</TD><TD>04/11/05</TD><TD>10m 11d</TD><TD>Rivervale Crescent</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>21</TD><TD>Jas</TD><TD>Ryan</TD><TD>15/07/06</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">2m 00d</font></TD><TD>Sengkang East Way</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>22</TD><TD>Jen</TD><TD>Jeannieve</TD><TD>11/12/04</TD><TD>1y 09m 04d</TD><TD>Anchorvale Road</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>23</TD><TD>JP (Japepearl)</TD><TD>Garrick</TD><TD>09/07/06</TD><TD>2m 06d</TD><TD>Serangoon North Ave 4</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>24</TD><TD>kiami</TD><TD>Aeron</TD><TD>11/06/05</TD><TD>1y 03m 04d</TD><TD>Anchorvale Road</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>25</TD><TD>Koalarie (evonlimsy)</TD><TD>Xuan Ting</TD><TD>11/04/06</TD><TD>5m 04d</TD><TD>Rivervale Crescent</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>26</TD><TD>lauran</TD><TD>Yu Ping</TD><TD>21/08/03</TD><TD>3y 00m 25d</TD><TD>Compassvale Drive</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>"</TD><TD>Yu An</TD><TD>21/07/05</TD><TD>1y 01m 25d</TD><TD>"</TD><TD>"</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>27</TD><TD>linda</TD><TD>Dawn</TD><TD>20/05/05</TD><TD>1y 03m 26d</TD><TD>Punggol Central</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>28</TD><TD>linsaw</TD><TD>Denzil</TD><TD>31/08/05</TD><TD>1y 00m 15d</TD><TD>Rivervale Crescent </TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>magtay</TD><TD>Megan</TD><TD>05/08/04</TD><TD>2y 01m 10d</TD><TD>Rivervale Street</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>30</TD><TD>mikel</TD><TD>Ryan</TD><TD>14/01/06</TD><TD>8m 01d</TD><TD>Edgefield Plains</TD><TD>Temp SAHM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>31</TD><TD>mooon</TD><TD>Aeden</TD><TD>26/09/05</TD><TD>11m 20d</TD><TD>Punggol Drive</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>32</TD><TD>MTDT </TD><TD>Zavier </TD><TD>15/06/06</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">3m 00d</font></TD><TD>Edgedale Plains</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>33</TD><TD>mum05</TD><TD>RT</TD><TD>01/01/05</TD><TD>1y 08m 14d</TD><TD>Rivervale Crescent</TD><TD>Freelance</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>34</TD><TD>Carol Tan (mustard)</TD><TD>Elijah</TD><TD>19/08/04</TD><TD>2y 00m 27d</TD><TD>Fernvale Link</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>35</TD><TD>newss</TD><TD>Keith</TD><TD>22/04/04</TD><TD>2y 04m 24d</TD><TD>Rivervale Crescent</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>36</TD><TD>paranoidmummy</TD><TD>Emerson</TD><TD>09/07/06</TD><TD>2m 06d</TD><TD>Anchorvale Road</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>37</TD><TD>samval</TD><TD>Valerie </TD><TD>26/10/01</TD><TD>4y 10m 20d</TD><TD>Rivervale Drive</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>"</TD><TD>Kimberly </TD><TD>08/07/05</TD><TD>1y 02m 07d</TD><TD>"</TD><TD>"</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>38</TD><TD>serene (soffie)</TD><TD>Brandon</TD><TD>07/01/06</TD><TD>8m 08d</TD><TD>Edgedale Plains</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>39</TD><TD>sharon (gracemum)</TD><TD>Sabrina</TD><TD>20/09/05</TD><TD>11m 26d</TD><TD>Rivervale Crescent</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>40</TD><TD>sunnyling</TD><TD>Ziv</TD><TD>02/12/05</TD><TD>9m 13d</TD><TD>Rivervale Crescent</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>41</TD><TD>tanlengleng</TD><TD>Athena</TD><TD>22/05/04</TD><TD>2y 03m 24d</TD><TD>Compassvale Road</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>"</TD><TD>Besper</TD><TD>21/12/05</TD><TD>8m 25d</TD><TD>"</TD><TD>"</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>42</TD><TD>tattybear</TD><TD>Raphael</TD><TD>16/10/05</TD><TD>10m 30d</TD><TD>Punggol Drive</TD><TD>Temp SAHM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>43</TD><TD>taurus76</TD><TD>Le Xuan</TD><TD>25/02/06</TD><TD>6m 21d</TD><TD>Edgefield Plains</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>44</TD><TD>tingting</TD><TD>Zephan</TD><TD>03/08/05</TD><TD>1y 01m 12d</TD><TD>Punggol Drive</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>45</TD><TD>violet_blaze</TD><TD>Yi Xuan</TD><TD>24/07/02</TD><TD>4y 01m 22d</TD><TD>Compassvale Walk</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>"</TD><TD>Feng Kai</TD><TD>09/02/06</TD><TD>7m 06d</TD><TD>"</TD><TD>"</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>46</TD><TD>wen2gal</TD><TD>Titus Lim</TD><TD>10/11/05</TD><TD>10m 05d</TD><TD>Edgefield Plains</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>47</TD><TD>Wendy (cpj)</TD><TD>Joshua</TD><TD>01/03/04</TD><TD>2y 06m 14d</TD><TD>Compassvale Street</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>"</TD><TD>Jerome</TD><TD>06/03/06</TD><TD>6m 09d</TD><TD>"</TD><TD>"</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>48</TD><TD>wwmilo</TD><TD>Bryan</TD><TD>30/09/04</TD><TD>1y 11m 16d</TD><TD>Edgedale Plains</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>"</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>~ 16/12/06 ~</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>"</TD><TD>"</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>49</TD><TD>xl_xeno (xeno)</TD><TD>Aden</TD><TD>13/07/06</TD><TD>2m 02d</TD><TD>Anchorvale Road</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>50</TD><TD>yvonne (geoks)</TD><TD>Hunter</TD><TD>24/01/05</TD><TD>1y 07m 22d</TD><TD>Fernvale Link</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>51</TD><TD>zin
new.gif
</TD><TD>Yin Shuen </TD><TD>19/06/03</TD><TD>3y 02m 27d</TD><TD>Anchorvale Link</TD><TD>FTWM </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>"</TD><TD>Joon Rei</TD><TD>15/09/05</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">1y 00m 00d</font></TD><TD>"</TD><TD>"</TD><TD></td></tr></table>

If u wish to join the list, pls send ur details to me:
- Mummy Nick
- Mummy Name
- Kid's Name
- Kid's Gender
- Kid's DOB
- Contact Number
- Blk No &amp; Street Name (Only Street Name will be published)
- Job
- Email address
- MSN address

mum05,
Actually I do not know what they do at the class that's y I'm asking. For me is very simple, I just flash 4-5 sets of cards each time. I dun think once a week will really help lor.

It's takes about 10mins each session so it's easy to DIY at home. Sometimes i'm just plain lazy to do for my son 'cos my gal gets most of my attention. But I'm trying hard to do daily now. Come to think of it, it's only gonna take 10mins lor.

Some I bought at shops, some my hb prints and some is I cut out fm those posters that you use to paste on the walls. For eg, From the alphabet posters then I just cut out each letters.

I'm not that particular that it must be fm certain brands etc. So long as I have something to flash I'm ok la.

A mummy in the another thread mentioned DK cards :
9780756615185%2C00.html,http://us.dk.com/nf/Book/BookDisplay/0,,9780756615185,00.html

Hmmm ... usually I show him pics of animals and things on his bedsheets, magazines and newspapers instead of flashcards leh. I think it is a form of teaching as well as I prefer learn as you go instead of very structured learning when he's very young. I really hope that there's a school like the one in "Totochan" somewhere in SG that I can enrol him. The education system in SG is too suffocating and restricts creativity. How I wish I can homeschool him but my Maths sucks.

hi mummies,
was there the flashcard session?? thot there was one in SK/PG on sun...

me flash red dots at him, following glenn doman's method. not following the programme strictly but trying to at least show him the dots. i sit him on the high chair too, like violet. so i flash the cards just out of his reach.

i find the problem with magazines n newspapers n bks is that there's too much info so the child may not know which one u are referring to. so having just one word or one pic is more focused.

hi Beluga,
there was a session yestersday . But i misplace my hp so cannot contact winnie to get the address to attend the class.

me oso show him almost everyday on the chinese words. now look for flash card on english wording . anyone where to get ?

For my boy, he will look at the pics when I point it out to him. The next time I ask him 'where's the tiger', he will look at the pic of the tiger on his pillowcase. He still doesn't know how to point yet.

Now I'm letting him listen to classical music from 92.4 station and as well as Mozart's CD. Hope he will be musically inclined
happy.gif

Dear Mummies,

Need your support! hehehe...
If you think Jean's a little bit lovable, PLS VOTE FOR HER!!!
Just click on the link above (select Jean's pic, which is the collage) and enter your email(s) in the blank field.
One vote per email. Multiple emails are accepted.

Thank you, if you have already done so!

Dear all mummies, sorry for missing for awhile.. Been busy to train my maid to take care of my boy becos I am gng back to work next week! That's really fast! Allowing maid to take more care cause lots of headache.. My boy is now need to be carried a lot.. My maid likes to carry him resulting the bad habit.. Sigh..

Violet, I tried the white lotus moon cake (with egg yolks) from Li Bai restaurant at Sheraton Tower Hotel last yr, not bad.. I will get from there again, got 15% discount with Citibank credit card.

Jen, I had voted, all the best!

Jen ,
i happen to be in the thread and i saw your mssg , so i send in and vot loh.

xeno, the moon cake have the traditional one? how much is per box?

hi xeno,
yes I can understand, my maid and my mum oso like to carry my boy a lot. Even when sleeping my maid got to carry him throughout his afternoon nap sometimes 'cos my boy is a very very light sleeper.
I got to remind them everytime they does that and explain to them that next time when he is much heavier it will be taxing on everyone if he still needs to be carried.
Slowly lor, now my boy is much better alrdy. Just leave him in the playpen or on the floor to play is ok. Milk feed and sleep need to carry only.

Thanks on the mooncake info. I need to get some this Fri and havn't got time to order 'cos dunno wat my hb wants.... at worst I'll just anyhow buy la.

Drop by again when u hv time.... a little one at home can be a handful.

Hi Linsaw, the types of mooncakes by Li Bai Restaurant:

1) Traditional baked white lotus seed paste with double egg yolk - $44
2) Traditional baked white lotus seed paste with single egg yolk - $42
3) Traditional baked white lotus seed paste - $41
4) Traditional baked green tea white lotus seed paste with double egg yolk - $44
5) Traditional baked assorted nut with "Jin Hua: Ham - $40
6) Snow skin white lotus seed paste with duble egg yolk - $44
7) Mini snow skin (white lotus seed paste with egg yolk / white lotus seed paste with passion fruit chocolate) - $35

Not sure if they have other favour. Promotion till 6 Oct.

Hi Beluga and Linsaw,

I attended the flashcard session at Winnie's place in SK last Sun. So coincidentally the English set 1, maths dots and chinese set 1 that I bot 3 yrs ago are written/produced by the Teacher that day. The English words and Chinese words are common words in colors, animals, daily things, action words. If you need to take a look at them, can drop by my place. There are some word cards I bot from Popular bookstore and you can find them under "xiao3 tai4 yang2 from pelangi. I also find words from web and print/paste them on blank cards and these are really hard work.

Heard also that Winnie will be doing BP for the sets (besides set 1, there are set 2 and 3 ) but I have not seen her organising it.

Back