Sengkang/Punggol Mommies Club

hi wendy(cpj),
ya, long time to see u
happy.gif

They will hv some seperation anxiety one. Last time after spending wkend with us, my gal will refuse to go to school on monday. Then we realized that we have to 'condition' her the day before, ie. on sunday, to tell her that she has to go sch and we hv to go to work.

you joining us for the dinner?

Hi Sharon,

Congrats! Ur gal really guai guai. My gal also 16 mths and still on diapers. My helper also did not help me to toilet train her lor.. stress ah.

My boy, however, starts telling me one fine day tt he does not want to wear his diaper for the day. So we leave him at tt, and he will go to the toilet and pee whenever he wants. Only nite time still need to wear.

Hi Wendy, give your son more time to adapt to the new environment. Some cld take mths to really adapt. As for toilet-train, I think the teachers will start him if they think he's ready. Sometimes, being in school helps, cos of peer pressure.. hehe..

hi violet, miso....

thanks.... ya, i guess i have to let him adapt.... actually at home, he is such a big bully.. but when he went to school, he is so timid.... we could not believe it initially.. haha.. but i think as time goes by, i am sure he will show his true colors in school....

the principal did inform that there are kids who take a few days to settle down. but some could take a longer time... but i am not so sure abt my son.. lets hope that he will settle down soon....
happy.gif

I am actually okay with him not toilet trained.. but i just feel paisei cos many of the kids already peeing on their own... but the teacher did tell me not to worry, prob takes a little more time..

oh yes, violet, me joining dinner.. i put my name in the list liao..
happy.gif

Part Time Helper
Anyone has any recommendation for part time cleaner for CNY clean up? Please let me know can? Thanks!

Grills
Hb finally wants to install grills... any recommendations please? Thanks!

beluga,
ya never, now only wearing short pants at home,she will make some noise to let us know she want to go toilet (adult),(now try to teach her to use pointing, if she want pee) i use potty for her to poo only.

Harro mommies
I am new to this thread too. I have a 14 mo boy named Malcolm. (Malc in short) Have been staying in Punggol Field since mid 2001. I am a SAHM. Hope to know more mommies staying aread SK/PG area.
kao_biggrin.gif

PS: Jen, will pm u my details soon.

welcome Ju!
Wanna join us in our coming gathering?

Dinner Gathering
Date : 25-Jan
time : 6:30pm
Venue : COMPASSPOINT Swensens or Jack's Place

Attendance -
1)violet(may bring my gal)- swensens
2)Xeno - Swensens (may be slightly late because my company bus is leaving my work place at Changi only after 545pm)
3)sharon - swensens(will late)
4)Jen - jack's place (8pm) + baby chair
5) Jocelyn - swensens
6) Wendy(cpj) - Swensens (7pm)

seems like a lot of pple joining... I will *try* to send out an updated list soon... I've been very bz... sorry...

Hi Violet_B
Thanks for the invitation. Think I will give this one a miss. Hope to join the next one. Enjoy yourselves, ladies!

hi,
plan to send sabrina to childcare after my maid going back to filipi about feb 2008

can i check on
1) which childcare is good ? and some where near rivervale crescent
2) need how long to prepare ?
3) wat document i need to summit to childcare
4) how to go about tis , i mean how to start??? like 1 thing to wat ? and 2 , 3

Thanks

sharon,
Wah, feb 2008 is still a long way leh....
U need to find out if there is waiting list for the Jan/Feb 2008 for that childcare.

1) I only know 2 beside Rivervale cres condo and my gal goes to Shekinah Montessori House. There is another one just 2 houses away under Cedan I think. My fren sends his gal there.
Along Punggol Road(private house stretch) there are quite a few there.

2) When you say prepare, what do you mean? To prepare your gal? That really depends on how independent is the child. I just tell my gal she is going to school to play with other children and bring her for 1 orientation.

3) I cannot remember but the childcare will be able to advvise you.

4) Go visit the childcare and look at the surrounding and how the children are behaving.
Whether the place is clean and are the teachers always shouting at the children etc.

Hope this helps.

sharon.... sorry, i am still living in 2006 world...

you can start looking around for a childcare that suits yr need now if u intent to enrol for Jan/Feb 2008.
Some cc has waiting list fm 6mths to 1 yr.

Hi mommies,
Happy new year to everyone..

Dinner Gathering

Attendance -
2)Xeno - Swensens (may be slightly late because my company bus is leaving my work place at Changi only after 545pm)
5) Jocelyn - swensens
7) Cecelia - Swensens (will come with son)

Sharon,
1. There is one CC near to the rumbia lrt (forgotten the blk no). My son's cc is at St Anne's wood (gingerbread skoolhouse). Along the road there is one more cc.

3. Parents' ic, mum's employment contract/payslip (for subsidies purposes), photocopy of child's health booklet n child's bc.

4. For me, i look out for cleanliness of cc, teacher's behaviour n ratio of teacher to student. I oso bring my son to have a look at the childcare before i sign up.

Hope that helps...

violet ,
Thanks for e information, is it useful for me.
Shekinah Montessori house izzit good ha. how long yr gal had been with them. izzit e new one? thinks very near to house liao.

cecelia
Thanks will appreciate if u can talk more about St Anne's wood gingerbread skoolhouse?

sharon,
Shekinah is going into 5th yr this yr.
So far I find them ok la, I mean every cc got good and bad lor. Depends on yr expectation.
I'm quite chin chai one. And basically I feel that how the child turns out ultimatly will depends on how the parents guide them at home.

My gal does learn some bad habits fm other children at school and I will feedback to the teachers and also 're-educate' my gal that is not right lor.

I'm ok with current teachers but there was once a new teacher actually used 'shut-up' with the kids and my gal came back and say that to me.
I was shocked and feedback to the principal and it got better. I feel that being teachers they have to be careful with their language with the kids lor.

You must go there to see for yourself if you like the place or not. Best to bring Sabrina along to see the place.

Morning Violet,
Sorry I may not be able to join in this time as 25th is nearing mth end, so I might have to stay in office later than usual (i knock off at 630pm). If last min, i can join in, maybe I just squeeze in a place.. haa... But leave me out first tentatively...

Hi All mummies,
I want to order the Disney Height Chart for my son. Online retail price is 11.90. But the supplier quoted me 9.90 each if I am able to get 30pcs. I now have 11pcs order, still short of 19pcs. Not sure if anyone of you is interested.
However, do kindly take note that supplier do not have on hand stock and shipment might arrive only 1 mth after we confirm our order.

Anyone int?
http://sg.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/celine_lee1970/detail?.dir=2abdscd&.dnm=889escd.jpg&.src=ph

elovediary,
no need to pai say.... that's wat the gathering is for, to let us meet each other so we 'know' each other mah. join us if u can.

wency(wen2gal),
no prob.
happy.gif

Anyone here has unsolicited email from a person called Karen promoting facial services? What to do with them? Report to CL?

mikel,
Sometimes i rec spam mails fm other users of the forum. I jus send the mail to BL or CL to report them. And will reply the email and told the person to stop spamming me. Then I will post in the 'Chin Ling Pls take note thread' to inform others.

Hi Sharon,

Gingerbread was chose becos the ratio of teacher to child is 1 : 8 (for K1 class where my son is). The teacher is paying more attention to the small group of kids in term of their behaviour n etc. Beginning of every term, cc will give parent the outline of curriculum which will be taught n for every week, kids will bring back the art n craft n works done for the whole week. One setback is the fees which is 450 (aft subsidies - to include d comp class, speech n drama for eng n chinese)

Hope that answer your q.

oh mikel, i often get 'updating' mails frm some bb clothing/toy sellers after I joined this forum with this email addy...i put them under 'spam mails' but they still keep coming...
sad.gif

oh really ar? I was told not to reply to such mails as that will give them a good indication that the account is alive, so i din lor...
sad.gif

Violet/mum05
I too didn't reply cos worried they will think my account is alive. Besides this karen cheong, I always receive from babejoy/tobias mayer too. Think I will send them to CL/BL next time ... quite irritating to receive them.

Violet
okay, will do next time.

Finally, my boy's b-day party is over and went on well
happy.gif
But I'm so tired physically and mentally ...

oh ya mikel, i've also received frm same sources...
ok, hv pm-ed u. thanks ya, tell me yr acc no, i tsf postage to u ok...

ok violet, shall try yr suggestions next...
happy.gif

Gd morning! does anyone in this club knows where can we buy those soft potty seats(preferably w sesame st characters print) and those foldable types?

oh violet, i've juz received 1 frm moo moo cow n hv tried yr way, let's see if it works keke
happy.gif

Hi ladies,
I am back again.
here is my reply for the gathering dinner

Dinner Gathering

Attendance -
5) Jocelyn - swensens
8) Helen - Jack Place

mum05
You do not accept pm. Think it's okay about the postage $0.50). Just help me to donate that amount the next time you see a collection tin.

ya mikel, not accepting pm, but i think u can click reply to my email tt shld be indicated in my pm to you(or u can also obtain it frm our listing ar...)
wah u pressurise me leh, now i must rem to do that donation for u hahaha jialat wif my not so good memory now n always in a rush...i rather pay u lah lolz

Dinner Gathering

Attendance -
5) Jocelyn - swensens
8) Helen - Jack Place
9) Sterah(magtay)- swensens (with Megan)

hi Cecelia and Sterah,
do u need high chairs for your kids?

Gathering
Looks like more is in favour of Swensens, maybe we have it at Jack's place(or other suggesstions) the next time...
happy.gif

hi violet
sorry for my late reply
wont be able to join for the gathering cos busy at work.
will try to say hello if i can...

hope to see you all soon
happy.gif

joleena

Back