Yes. Neighbours. I have a lil girl.
happy.gif

lil'twinstars,
Hello. Hope your girls get well soon.

welcome Rainne
happy.gif
me actually live in yishun, near chong pang, off sembawang rd haha

twins, cin
hope your precious munchkins get better soon, all mummies can sympathize with the hard time u r all going thru

pooh
i give chelsea flintstones vitamins, she loves it but then she loves taking all medicine! she often begs to take more medicine! siao liao haha...actually my hubby used to take flintstones vitamins growing up so we just go with that...don't know if it's better than other vitamins but i think it's quite cheap...cannot remember price though

grace
i find that visiting a LC(lactation consultant) really helps...not just to improve techniques but as a motivation...mt alvernia's sister kang is v. good, better than TMC's ones...where did u deliver?? they charge about $50 to $65 per session but over the phone, they give free advice ;)

tummy
i still have a horrible tummy 6 mths after i gave birth
sad.gif
boo hoo hoo...but i v. tam chia so it's my own fault

hiccup
read that it's v. common and bb is not uncomfortable from it, not like adults

lady
i think i'm too lazy to ever bring my kids to contests haha

Hi Mummies,

Need some advice here. My boy got viral fever on tue. Fever went away on Thu but on Fri rashes appeared. Now the rashes are everywhere. Wanted to bring him to the Baby & Child PD in AMK but it's so crazy that before it open the doc appt already full so no choice brought him downstairs (Temasek Clinic) & the doc says it's part of the aftermath of viral fever. Is it true??? Any mummies had experienced this with your kiddos? Was worried that it's the cake that I gave him on his Birthday (Thu) that triggered the rashes.

By the way, had any1 tried TumbleTots in Jeluntung CC? Was suppose to be there today for a trial lesson... Also, any recommendations for music lessons for 1 y/o?

Cin - yes, the rashes is aftermath of viral fever. Cos childrens body are small. that's why they show on their body. something like detoxing thru the body lor. Just monitor it for a few days and it will go away soon.

Grace - i think there is something to apply for after birth stretch marks. but not sure if it effective. I heard clarins have thouz. Mine is terribly flabby. So sian, in my fattest days also have nvr been this flabby lor.

Don't bother too much of what ur mil say about the BM supply. Cos it will affect you alot. in fact all MIL always say that when they saw we have so little BM. it's kinda demoralising lor. otherwise u might want to tell her don't say that as it will make u feel bad.

grace,

dun bother abt mil.... haha... i'm very bad.... kekkek...

last time when i'm still bfing... everytimes mil see me will ask my husband if i'm still bfing... EVERYTIME okie... even if we see her 2-3 times per week.... once flared up with her questioning... just tell her no more and she no longer ask.... finally peace.... kekkeke

my mum will say mine little, but she will encourage me, ask me to drink hot milo or water before pumpin of bf and massage.... my sis will tell me her experience is to keep expressing every2 or 3 hr ... must be routine... dun be lazy... and it's help... so basically it's like when baby slp, i express out for abt half to 45 mins for both sides then take a break, and it's baby milk time again... time will pass very fast de. . =)

when i'm free will go see my baby and capture her pic when she is slping... sometimes, can get some smiley pic of her too... of cos now is the time to rest plenty....

Morning!!

F1 so exciting, but for many of us, i guess its just ano day..can't very well bring our kiddos there.thk god for TV.

Twins: take care, G & C
Cin, u too.

Grace: i used ripe papaya and white fish, ikan kurau i think..that's all..boil papaya w water or stock 1st, then cook fish quickly so as not to overcook.

jia you.
try calling Thomson free post natal hotline for advice or encouragement..i got to talk to one really nice nurse who made me perservere despite negativity.
i also went once to their ParentCraft to perfect my BF techniques. also met the nurse angel.

Fluffy: yup, the pics come in handy now as i don't realise how much my boy has changed!!

As some of you may already know, I am a financial planner with AIA.
If u have any questions pertaining to this subject, i would be most happy to share my knowledge with you.

Thanks for all the mummies support and listening ear throughout 14 mths of my boy's life, and look forward to growing with all you mums and babes.

Hi all mummies

Thank you for your advise.

Twins
I understand your situation now. Not easy to take care of two children when they are sick. I will pray for them. God will heal them.

Hi mummies,

I'm a FTWM staying @ Canberra Rd, would like to find out if you have recommendation for any part time aunty to do housework @ $10/hr. Pls PM me.

Thanks

Hi mummies,
Anyone of you send your kids to Cherryland at Wellington Circle? I'm taking of sending mine to a child care centre now that he is 18 mths. But really worried that I send him to the wrong place just like what Vivi said. Any recommendations?

dorayaki,
I just remember, your 2 gals turning 2 these few days right?
Happy 2nd Birthday!

mincin,
The rashes after virual fever is usually fake measles. It will goes off by itself after few days.

<font color="0000ff">zixin</font>
Welcome! I stay at Sembawang Drive too. But Sembawang Drive is a long stretch though, so we might be on different ends of the road. Hee... Are you working mom or full time at home?

<font color="0000ff">Jenny</font>
Thanks! My girls turned 2 a few days ago. They were borned just a couple of days later than your #2, right? A belated 2nd birthday to your precious gal too!!! ^.^

Here's a pix of the munchkins taken on their birthday.
1778481.jpg

<font color="0000ff">Pooh</font>, <font color="0000ff">Grace</font>, <font color="0000ff">Adeline</font>, <font color="0000ff">Lady</font> and <font color="0000ff">all</font>,
Thanks for your concerns and prayers. The munchkins had fully recoverd just in time to celebrate their 2nd birthday. Sorry for not updating all of you earlier. Apologies...

Hi dorayaki,

i m staying at 466D. I am a FTWM. My boy is turning 18 months in January 09. So now bz sourcing for a childcare centre. Seems not much choices around our estate.

Hi <font color="0000ff">zixin</font>
We're just across one another!!! I'm at Blk 466B. Kekeke... You're right! There's not much choices for childcare centres near our estate at all. Good ones are either too far away, too expensive or has a long waiting list. Hee... But since you're working , perhaps you can check out those near your office? Provided your workplace is not miles away, of course.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">ALL</font>
My neighbour's 2 daughters are both down with HFMD. Both are currently attending PCF Chong Pang's Nursery and K2 (near coffeeshop along Sembawang Drive). She said her kids got the virus from school because she just found out some other kids were infected before her girls did.

Apart from advising me to clean/wash my girls' hand more often now, she also ask me not to bring them to the playgrounds near the 2 centres. So please be more watchful when you bring your kids out to the neighbourhood playground now since the kids from the 2 centres could come from anywhere in Sembawang. Make sure you clean your tot's hands more often, ya?

Hi pooh,

he is born in July 2007.

Hi Twins,

one of my friends' son oso down with HFMD twice even he is not yet attending Childcare yet. So is quite worrying to think of sending our kids to Childcare but no choice. I am working in Tanjong Pagar and the Childcare fee are much higher.

dorayaki,
Ya, I remembered your gals were born on 中秋节 is it? If so, then 5 days later, so yours are 6 Oct?? My #2 is on Children's day.

Hi zixin

BBSG's YX, Lady's Ace and my girl's Joanne also born in July 2007. Jan 2009 they will be 18 months old.

Hi all mummies

Does your baby go for the injection on sensitive to egg? Is it necessary to go for it?

Hi pooh,

u asking abt MMR? My son's MMR jab will be on 1st Nov. Should be compulsory bah. All my friends' kids also go for the jab.

pooh,
MMR Jab? yes, compulsory. If you dun want to take the jab, can opt for the individual jabs also, think 3 in total.
If your child doesn't take this jab, she can't admit for pri sch next time.

Hi, I need help here...is there any baby clinic in sembawang or nearby sembawang? My baby head has lot of red rashes all over. Feel so pain seeing that.
sad.gif

Hi

Grace you can bring your baby to Peace Family Clinic. At that time, Joanne's back/shoulder/cheek/neck have alot of rashes we bring her to Peace Family Clinic. Doctor gave one small round container cream to apply. We also scare and heart pain at that time. She is still small and has to suffer itch and pain.

There is another clinic at Sembawang Branch Office also. I don't know they are at which floor.

Thanks Zixin and Pooh. Will bring baby Kaer to Kidslink clinic, the clinic is just opposite my block. Haiz, Kidslink Clinic is so near me yet I don even know it..
sad.gif

Hello mommies and babies..
MIA for awhile :p was bz at work..
Back from vacation..at least get to spent quality bonding time with my girl and hb.

twins,
Happy Belated B'day to Xuan and En
The cupcakes are lovely..where u ordered?

HI Zixin, and Karin,
Welcome!

Hey, Twins:lovely bday for yr gals.
and thks advice for HFMD.

Wow, more July babies.

Hi apple,
Van is in a dilemma: pressure cooker or induction cooker.

Hello mummies,

So many new mummies joining this thread. WELCOME!
happy.gif

Been really stressful these days
sad.gif
Trying to wean my boy off BM cos he has been biting me so often and it bleeds so much cos his teeth really sharp now. But he is not taking it well. Refused to sleep cos he is used to latching to sleep so evey nap &amp; bedtime is a battle. Keeps crying &amp; howling non-stop for 1-2hours. Really heart pain &amp; frustrated at the smae time. He's not taking alot of FM too. Max is 100ml. can't meet the daily minium of 350ml so dunno wat to do. Tried frsh milk/cows milk even EBM but he just doesn't want the bottle. Sigh. Din know i'll have to face this when weaning... totally not prepared for this at all.

Karin,
I'm at Canberra Rd too!

Fluffy,
So envious of u... I wanted to go Japan too but now with my boy I dun think I can for a very long time.

welcome zixin, karin
happy.gif
i actually stay in Yishun, off Sembawang Rd haha, near to chong pang mkt...have 2 kids, dd is 34 mths and ds is almost 7 mths

twins
happy belated birthday to your lovely twins! they look so cute and so grown up and they have such long hair now haha

fluffy
wow japan trip...seems like u always go japan leh hehe sooo lucky!!

cin
really feel your pain on weaning...maybe can call your PD and see what he suggests...hope things improve soon *hugz*

Huggy
your bb so cute! wow she's over 8 kg at 3.5 mths! bb tommy is only over 8 kg now and he's almost 7 mths! he's not drinking much, dunno why...going to ask PD soon

adeline,

haha.... simply dunno where to go with noti gal and now pregnant... so go to japan where the country is more baby friendly and clean envoironment...

huggy,

wat a chubby baby.... so sweet..

cin,

the last time we bought our gal there, she is only 4 mth old... bought her to universal studio... she's sleeping the whole journey.. this time rd she is 16 mth.... she will feel more excited when she see hello kitty and all the cartoon characters... haha... i think when they are infant will be easier to handle... as they will be sleepin most of the time and just need to drink milk and change diapers...

now she is over a yr old... she keeps wanting to walk walk.... haha... then we will tell her... see no baby is walking so u also cannot walk.. u sit sit... kekekek

Hi huggy, wow you did a good job!
kao_clap.gif

She's sooooo adorable! Her head very round, she sleeps in sarong? Heard that babies will have a round head if they sleep in sarong, dunno if it's true.

Cin, poor thing you... try consult Mrs wong fr TMC?

Visited Kidslink when Kim had a fall &amp; cut above her eye on wed. Quite pleased with the staff and doc.

<font color="0000ff">Jenny</font>
Yup, my gals are born on 6th October.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">apple</font>
Got those cupcakes from www.cupcakedivinity.blogspot.com Nice but very sweet for me. Guess all cupcakes are the same due to the huge amount of icing used.

<font color="0000ff">pooh</font>
Jenny is right. MMR is mandatory. When Joanne has all her vaccinations (including MMR) completed at 18 months, the clinic will have to issue a certificate which you'll need to produce upon registering her in playgroup, childcare and primary school later on.

<font color="0000ff">Huggy</font>
So sorry, been so busy with my girls, I've not visited you yet. Your gal is so sweet!!! Eyes big big huh!

<font color="0000ff">Cin</font>
Goodness... No wonder you've been so quiet lately. Just met a friend on Wed morning. She's still nursing her 25 month old son for the same reason. He just won't quit and won't sleep without her around at night! But she gives in because she's working full time and feels guilty towards her son. Now she starting to feel the strain because she's got "no life" for the past 2 years. Guess you really need help if you need to improve the situation. Perhaps you can check with Gan? She also nurse her daughter for more than a year before she slowly wean her off.

<font color="0000ff">kimiesmum</font>
What happened to Kimie? Where did she had her fall? Heartpain!!!

Wow Huggy..your girl is so chubby and adorable
happy.gif
feel like pinching her..hehe

kimiesmum
How Kimie fell and injurred herself? We really got to give a lot of attention for our toddlers..their action are simply too fast for us to react sometimes.
My girl fell and warded in Aug..she was traumatised after the fall! The feeling is quite bad.

Twins/apple
She was trying to climb onto her stroller and fell together with the stroller. All this happen when I was not looking (guilty). I dont know how she got the cut and thankfully it's not serious.
I was more traumatised by the incident then her. Now I bring her everywhere with me and not taking chance leaving her alone all by herself.
Thanks for your concern.

Hi all,

Yesterday morning, my gal 1st time poo poo at the potty successfully at my 2nd attempt, so happy!
Show u how fat she is and she actually looks a bit boyish.

And she can hold on the mag mag cup to drink water.

Twins,
Never mind, I am much much better now, although still tired but can get some sleep now
happy.gif

But I think u all might not recognize me now because I have lost 21kg to date from the 23kg that I gained during preggie.

Cin,
How are u doing? I think I am going to face the same problem as u very soon. Now I am still total bf and she starts biting me now. I think maybe she is going to have her first teeth. Maybe I shd switch her back to bottle feeding, but very lazy la, need to pump, wash &amp; sterilize &amp; etc.

Kimiesmum,
Wow, I feel very heart pain to hear that. Hope that the cut won't leave any mark on her sweet little face.
I never let my gal sleep in sarong. She just sleep flat on the bed but she loves to turn her head side ways, maybe that is the reason why her head still round round.
But initially her head is very protruded at the back, maybe that's why she can't sleep face up properly. At one time I even try to make her still straight &amp; face up because I feel that her head a bit look like alien
happy.gif

Now, since she grows fatter and fatter, not so obvious already, but she still turn her head side way to sleep.
1806411.jpg
1806412.jpg

Huggy,
You're back online
happy.gif
Gal so cute &amp; chubby. My boy lost a lot of weight recently
sad.gif
so 'huai nian' his chubbiness after seeing your pics of your gal. Wow, u lost so much weight? I think i still gain weight. Can't fit into my pre-preggy clothes still.

Fluffy,
Wow, at least your gal cooperative. So can bring her. I have trouble even bringing my boy to NTUC cos he always wants to be carried.

All,
Thanks for your concern. Still trying very hard to coax my boy. He fell sick again so I'm kind of regretting my decision to wean him now.
sad.gif

<font color="#151B54"> Hi Sembawang Mummies!!
i've delivered my 3rd child on 24 Sept. so now still under confinement but endin soon.
happy.gif

hope all of u here are doin well
happy.gif
</font>

Hi mummies,

Just to share:
I've received a flyer regarding an Open House for Cambridge CDC (aka Child care) saw some mummies here looking for child care so might want to check it out. It's at the Admiral Hill Country Club. There's also Kindermusik class for 18mths above. The trial is free so twins/kimie/Fluffy might want to check it out.
happy.gif
too bad my son still short of a few months. The webby is www.cambridgecdc.com

Hi cin,
yes, I am back!
happy.gif

I lost weight thru sweating in the 1st 3months. Because kept getting fever and the weather is so hot in aug and sept. Now more cooling already and no more sweating
happy.gif

Now can wear some pre-preggie cloths but still has flabby tummy and a bigger waist
happy.gif

Hi apple,
My sister also likes to pinch her face everytime she sees her. My eldest sister in london even ask me to pinch her on behalf, she very beh tahan seeing her chubby chubby face
happy.gif

Hi rebecca,
Congratulations!!!
Wow, you got 3rd bb already ah! Pei Fu!!!
Are u FTWM?
Do take good care of yourself &amp; rest well
happy.gif

Back