Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Ladies, thanks for your comforting words. initially intend to get back to work on Monday but guess is better for me to stay at home as m super nervous on the call. afraid that I may break down in office.

Am still feeling very uncomfortable, bloated and cramps. hope will recover tmr.

Happy_mtb, hope you have recovered from the ER. you conceived before hence high chance you will succeed this round.

Bbblues! I thought about you today! We are really cycle buddies low amh 3 eggs i can Feel what you Feel - you have to remain positive you need one good grade embryo ok ? Dont Forget to ask when they phone you starting day 2 they can tell the grade you have nothing to do this week end they dont call on sunday right?? So just relax have a rest (i slept all day!)
Take care
Gigi

The tension is high here, Happy mtb & bb blues, I can understand your feeling as I been thru the same fear. Let's hope for the best and pray your embies will be fertilized, we may not have the quantity but we may have quality embies. drink lots of water and rest well.
Mustard seed, many sisters here recommend durian and Brazil nuts and even chicken essence. Do rem to drink more water as all these are very heaty.

@happy mtb - welcome
Who is your doctor in nuh ? Did you succeed with him as well in 2009? Have you ever considered dhea ( might help low amh buddies like us but our doc prof Wong is not in favor cause of possible side effects) all the best

Ladies, thanks for your comforting words. initially intend to get back to work on Monday but guess is better for me to stay at home as m super nervous on the call. afraid that I may break down in office.

Am still feeling very uncomfortable, bloated and cramps. hope will recover tmr.

Happy_mtb, hope you have recovered from the ER. you conceived before hence high chance you will succeed this round.
Thanks bb_blues for your kind words. Really hoping for another success....

@happy mtb - welcome
Who is your doctor in nuh ? Did you succeed with him as well in 2009? Have you ever considered dhea ( might help low amh buddies like us but our doc prof Wong is not in favor cause of possible side effects) all the best
Hi gigi31, my doctor is not from NUH. He is in Mt E, Dr Suresh Nair. This is the first time I'm doing IVF with him. My previous successful IVF was with Dr Loh Siang Fei from kkh. Didn't go back kkh cos didn't really like the process and doctors there. No personal touch. Operate like 'factory'. Guess they hav too many patients. Hehe. And yes Dr Nair did prescribe DHEA for me but I didn't response well to it. My amh is still very low. I think at 0.5 only.....

Gigi, I heard cramps after transfer is normal but I'm not sure how long it will last... I had AF like cramps on and off during 3rd and 4th day... Tdy is my 6dt3dt, feeling nothing much nw.... I hope my embies can implant at the right place, this is my biggest concern as I have bilateral hydro... V worry....

My breast have been sore since stimming till now so I guess it's the hormones.

Hi tsf, thks for your concern. I have constipation, no sure is it due to medication. I shall call CHR later.

Gigi, I have cramp earlier but now getting better.

Thanks girls well i guess we just have to wait ...!
Prune juice works well for constipation
Have a nice day ladies

Good morning sisters... Tsf, mustard, Gigi, kopinaby... I don't hv any symptoms at all. No sore breast... Only mild cramps on and off, constipation. Other than that, I'm like normal.
About keeping myself occupied, I think the three insertions daily is enuf to keep me occupied... Plus the painful progesterone jab on the buttock. I'm doing the usual, read books, news, watch Korean drama, cook lunch or dinner, surf the web, play games... It is resting time for us, so... No stress yah.

Had my scan today.N Started my stimmu today
Prof said AFC both side is 5 ...Gonal F 262.5
See Prof on friday

All the best to all gals here.

cheeka - the progestrone jab on buttock - how often is it? important is to get the "right" nurse to do it for you - some nurse do it better than others coz they do it slowly. or is it a jab that you are supp to do yourself?

hello
sunshine your AFC is good! :) all the best on this journey...!
kopibaby AFC stands for antra follicule count done day 2 or 3 of your cycle - it gives you quite a good idea of the number of follicules you ll develop hence eggs...
honestly this 2ww is a good way to sort old papers pictures etc all the boring things you usually find excuse for postponing :mad:

cheeka - the progestrone jab on buttock - how often is it? important is to get the "right" nurse to do it for you - some nurse do it better than others coz they do it slowly. or is it a jab that you are supp to do yourself?
I am given 5 jabs, to do every other day and have to be done by the GP or go back chr to do. I chose to do it at gp nearby my home, hence no need to travel. I also don't know why we can't do it ourselves.... Well, it is ok, a long as my embie sticks, willing to do anything. :)

Ladies, just got the call from the embryologist. Out of 3 eggs, only 2 matured and both fertilised but satisfactory grade only. Tmr will be the transfer. You know whats their grading like? Only good and satisfactory? Really hope these 2 fighters can make it.

Those who did their transfer recently, whats are the grading of your embryos? And how many cells cleaved during transfer? I want to know what are my odds. Sigh, every milestone is so worrisome. Ladies in their 2ww, jiayou! Will be joining you tomorrow! Fingers crossed!

hello bbblues
ok no panic you still have 2 ok?? well i asked the embryologist for grade she said from 3 to 1 - grade 3 is good grade 2 is satisfactory grade 1 she did not say but i guess it s no satisfactory
for the cells day 2 should be 4 cells then day 3 8 cells (but can be 6 ok no panic!) it doubles every day roughly then day 4 is called morula (many cells) then day 5 blastocyst (we cant see cells anymore) the ideal is equal cell size
bbblues really am wondering dont you think we should take dhea? i know you tried saizen with no success but dhea is different no?
ok take care rest for tomorrow

Those who did their transfer recently, whats are the grading of your embryos? And how many cells cleaved during transfer? I want to know what are my odds. Sigh, every milestone is so worrisome. Ladies in their 2ww, jiayou! Will be joining you tomorrow! Fingers crossed!
Bb blues,try to relax and take it easy yah. Satisfactry grade still have chance. The fact is, they still dont know why some satisfactory grade embryos make it and some good embryos dont. Cos they can only see based on physical apprearance.

I transferred an 8 cell embryo at day 3, good grade. The balance 4 embies: one stopped growing, three (satisfactory grade) are frozen. The three are growing very slow, slowest was only at 5 cells today (ie at day 5 post ER). As long as they r growing, still hv chance.

Bb_blues, many success cases with sastifactory grade as well. Don't worry so much, shall be glad you going ET tomorrow :) try lying flat and hold your urine after ET if you can. I actually failed to do that :p as my bladder almost burst that day.

Gigi & Cheeka, I really strained in the toilet as my constipation is quite serious. I know it is not good to my embryo. I will go buy prune juice, thanks for the suggestion. Are you going to see prof Wong on Wed? Will he tell us whether our embryo stick on that day?

Kopibaby, I cook, watch drama and sleep during 2ww. I am alone at home and hubby usually back quite late, hope I won't few too bored in next couple of weeks.

gigi, cheeka and mustard seed, thanks for the encouragement. I should be blessed to be able to go through the ET tmr. Speaking of which, CHR has yet to call me on the timing! Gotta call them soon.

Syrian, how was your scan today? ER confirmed?

happy_mtb, has your embryologist called? How many fertlilised? Hope all is well for you too.

Mustard seed i dont think he Will Check that :rolleyes: No dreaming way too early to see ...!
No my hubby asked ( well when i dont ask he asks) he Will Check if we fill boated constipated weight gain any disconfort
Nurses must be p*** off by us we ask so many questions my hb And i !...

Gigi, am skeptical about taking DHEA as there are alot of side effects. Thought you asked Prof before and he does not really encourage right?

Mustard seed get pruine juice and ask your tcm. (Mine recommanded me pruine juice) you have organic one in cold Storage... Might phone chr also to ask??

Bbblues yeah true but still am wondering ... He also mentionned i was free to give it a try ( :cool: well true this is my own body after all)

Hi ladies, went for my last scan juz now. Sorry didnt update earlier. Rushing for work.
Left: position still high. Sizes 13,15,18
Right: 15,17.5, 19, 22. Lining 8.
ER scheduled at 12pm this wed. Gonna have my trigger shot past midnite later. Btw ladies, i still have time to make the slower ones grow rite? Till before trigger shot?

Bb blues, all the best in your ET. Satisfactory doesn't mean not good. Prof says before, dun be too obsessed with grading. Satisfactory ones are sometimes the ones that made it compared to good ones.

Syrian, all the best for yr ER too. Hope yr follies gets bigger before yr ER.

Mustard seed, try drinking more water and eat fruits. It will help to relieve constipation. Going for slow walks will also help.

Bb_blues, all the best for ur ET tomorrow! Dun worry abt the grading, as long as they can make it for transfer tomorrow, that is more important.
Syrian, anything is possible, wishing u all the best!

The rest of the sisters, 加油!加油!

good evening
all the best to bbblues syrian and others i forget :)
sunshine i ve never taken immunocal cant help but yes egg whites i took till ER (my TCM told me its useless thougho_O)
btw i was just watching the videos posted by an american girl on youtube
compassionastra thought i might share it with you
good luck girls!!

Mustard seed: sunsweet prunes help releuve constipation. Try that.

Hopemiracle and orangetigger: how have u been doing? Testing soon. Abit tensed. I did not test after the Friday. Just do BT on Thu. Absolutely no symptoms.

Mesara - I lost my cramping symptom this few days. Felt bored and restless. But I really admire your courage, dear. All the best and hope your wish will come true. Update us on the outcome.

Hi mesara, dun test, just wait for BT. I m also afraid to test.
I feel better after feeling wrecked on sat. Still have on-off cramp which happen usually from noon onwards. If -, my punctual AF shd report soon. Hope I can cross this hurdle and u gals too!

Take heart *hugs*

Hi orange tigger n hopemiracle, when is yr BT? Do u both chart yr BBT?
Tdy start to feel some backache... My first signs of AF... BT still far away...

Cramps are good symptoms. So be hopeful. My wait is like super long. Gonna be 15dpiui today assuming the day I did it was day 0. Read in net some sisters didn't have symptoms or bfp till d18 or 6 weeks. So I just hold on. Worried but wat to do.

Orange tigger and hopemiracle hold on and jiayou. This will be our bfp week.

gigi, cheeka and mustard seed, thanks for the encouragement. I should be blessed to be able to go through the ET tmr. Speaking of which, CHR has yet to call me on the timing! Gotta call them soon.

Syrian, how was your scan today? ER confirmed?

happy_mtb, has your embryologist called? How many fertlilised? Hope all is well for you too.
Bbblues, ya my embryologist called. Retrieved 4. Only 2 matured and fertilized. They are going to call me again tmr to update me further on the grade of my embies. Hope they r growing well. Will freeze it first because my lining is not ideal yet. Too thin so dr advice dun transfer first. Probably will transfer in dec.

Gd morning ladies! Last day of work for me before HL starts tmr! Yay!

Thanks ladies for the wishes. Had my trigger shot at 12midnite juz now. So hard to poke the needle in. Panic a bit but luckily manage to jab in.

Bb_blues, all the best for ur ET later! Wat time is ur procedure?

All other ladies in 2ww, enjoy the rest time at home. This is the only time we can be away from work & chill. Try not to worry to much looking at symptoms k. May all of us will graduate & move on to next thead. Take care ladies!

Juz a question, wen do u go acu? When is the recommended time? A day before ER and ET and after ET as well?

Back