Successful pregnancies with IUI OR IVF

ClaraSG

Hi all, am new to this forum and posting my first one!

I’m a 34 year old, been TTC for over a year. Done all tests and found no issues with either me or hubby. Doing IUI now, currently on my 3rd cycle. This is with CARE SGH. Am with dr Serene Lim.

Am now contemplating IVF should this be unsuccessful and may consider other docs/hospitals.

I’d love to hear from the ladies who succeeded achieving pregnancy via IVF and which dr you were with? And which cycle you conceived at?
Am trying to do research and see which one to go with. A bit tired and sad to see menses coming evry month..

I’m a 34 year old, been TTC for over a year. Done all tests and found no issues with either me or hubby. Doing IUI now, currently on my 3rd cycle. This is with CARE SGH. Am with dr Serene Lim.

Am now contemplating IVF should this be unsuccessful and may consider other docs/hospitals.

I’d love to hear from the ladies who succeeded achieving pregnancy via IVF and which dr you were with? And which cycle you conceived at?
Am trying to do research and see which one to go with. A bit tired and sad to see menses coming evry month..
I conceived successfully with SO-IUI. Not sure if you're keen cos that means daily injection for a couple of days but success rate is slightly higher than IUI and less invasive compared to IVF. This is provided that your eggs and husband's sperms are in good condition.

Can pm if you're interested to find out more. ☺️

Oh congrats! Thing is I've now done IUI 3 times unsuccessfully, am not sure if I should go for a 4th time...
PM you as well!

Hihi,

I was with Dr Wong Ker Yi from KKH IVF centre. I did not choose her as i was on the subsidised route. Dr Wong suggested we skip IUI and go straight to IVF. We think its cos hub's sperm count and quality isn't very good.

I was successful on my first egg

I did not implant on the fresh cycle as they retrieved 23 eggs due to risk of OHSS. However only 3 made it to Blastocysts. I told Dr Wong i wanted ICSI as the fertilization rate was higher.

Waited for the next cycle to do a frozen transfer. I transferred a B grade, day 5 blastocyst.

I have a healthy 14 months old girl now.

Baby dusts to you!

Oh exciting good luck!! Out of curiosity did you ever try/consider the TCM route before going into IVF?
I didn't consider TCM route before my IVF treatment, probably thinking I might have to give up on cold drinks if I were to start TCM.

For successful IVF experiences, I recommend GynaeMD Women's and Rejuvenation Clinic led by Dr. Ng. Their personalized approach and expertise have helped many. Consider exploring this option for a comprehensive consultation. Wishing you strength and success on your fertility journey.

Hihi,

I was with Dr Wong Ker Yi from KKH IVF centre. I did not choose her as i was on the subsidised route. Dr Wong suggested we skip IUI and go straight to IVF. We think its cos hub's sperm count and quality isn't very good.

I was successful on my first egg

I did not implant on the fresh cycle as they retrieved 23 eggs due to risk of OHSS. However only 3 made it to Blastocysts. I told Dr Wong i wanted ICSI as the fertilization rate was higher.

Waited for the next cycle to do a frozen transfer. I transferred a B grade, day 5 blastocyst.

I have a healthy 14 months old girl now.

Baby dusts to you!
hihi.. how was dr wong in ur opinion ? hmmm,

I did ivf at care SGH in 2020 and was successful under Dr Yu. Currently my twin boys are turning 3 years old. First cycle failed and Dr Yu suggested embryo gel at my second cycle (successful). Day 6 embryos :)

I was with Dr Chua Ka Hee (KKH) and successfully conceived through my 3rd IVF cycle. He is a very good doctor, gentle, and also friendly. We continued seeing him for our pregnancy and he delivered our baby too.

Baby dust to you !

Was with Prof Ng Soon Chye from Sincere. Conceived at age 37 on my 2nd IUI. Started again a couple of years later and did 3 cycles of IUIs. When that failed, I did my first cycle of IVF at age 41. I ended the cycle with just 1 Day 5 blastocyst. Prof Ng suggested I go for another round of retrieval first given my age. But due to the high cost, I decided to transfer that 1 embryo and see how it goes. Currently 19 weeks pregnant with my 2nd kiddo.

Before starting on IVF, I was thinking about it a lot. I kept thinking that I needed to be ready to do it. I attended a support group and met several IVF warriors who have their odds stacked against them, but they kept going. It gave me the push to go for it, and I am glad that I did. The fertility journey is at times going to be a frustrating and lonely one. But find a doctor that you completely trust and surround yourself with cheerleaders and you will get there!

Back