PCOS patient and trying to conceive, pls share experience here.

Hi ladies,

I have obtained the results from kkh .... my uterus appearance normal

right ovary odo normal
but left one is abnormal - at least 12 immature follicles are counted in the left ovary

FSH - 5.19
LH - 5.92

what does tat means?
anyone?

karie, i would recommend dr charles mp lim at mt e too. like siew lei, i conceived under him with iui + clomid first try. he's very helpful, friendly and funny. no harm trying.
happy.gif

hi qing,
do you mean charting your temp?

basically, it is to take your temp immed when you wake up in the morning. even before you sit up on your bed. do this at the same time everyday and plot your temperature on a graph to see the trend. you can use the online charting facilities to help you. i.e. www.fertilityfriend.com
the temp patterns can help you determine ovulation and conception.
hope this helps.
happy.gif

morning all.. haven't popped by in awhile.. glad to hear tt everyone is doing well..

i'm now abt 33 wks into my preg.. feeling heavy n all.. yet worry tt bb pops too early coz gynae says i at risk of preterm labour.. eeks.. hee.. just thot i'd drop in n update..

for those still ttc-ing, jia you jia you!

for those with kiddos, any advice? hee..

ruggles - hee.. tt's wat everyone says.. but at e moment, can't sleep well leh.. every morning i gotta draaaaagggg myself out of bed to come to skl.. like a walking zombie already..

hey caitlyn
ruggles and catz are right! sleep more and enjoy your bb in your tummy now!

Hey mummies
after my bb's full mth, she started to sleep in the day and wakes at nite. It's really horrible, having to keep her entertained so that she wont cry in the nite, plus i dun have help at nite, cos I have to move to the living room with bb so that we wont disturb hubby. any solution?

btw, i'm selling this item (was posting post pregnancy items for sales when i found this)

I've only used it once, think i bought it on the day i strike, haha.

original price:$80+
Selling price: $35
Pls find out details at www.maybemom.com
769331.jpg

Hi Mommies

Anyone bought clomid before pregnant to aid conceiving and now no need already thus got extra to sell? I need 10 x 50mg tablets by end of month.

I cant go back to my gynae as i had recently changed gynae and he knows so not so nice already. My new gynae wants to charge me consultation just to give me clomid. But i find not worth paying $80 being consultation of $60 on top of clomid. Cos during consultation, all he does is ask "so you want clomid ah? ok i give you 50mg dosage, you take then come back to me on CD10" Thats it, nothing else consulted during consultation at all. Abit pain to spend so unworthy money. Then gotta go back CD10 pay another time of consultation charges just to scan ovaries.

By the way, i have taken clomid 3 times and responded well so i want to take 1 more time then go back to him next CD10 to buy somemore. Rather visit him on CD10 then now so that at least what i pay by then is not just to get clomid but inclusive of a scan on ovaries too.

Any mommies have and want to sell can PM me? Thanks!

hi maplebabies, i have clomids.... 20 tablets... the first cycle of clomid i ovulate and then gynae st away gave me 3 cycles of clomid to eat but i took one cycle and stop. I bot from him in Jan...

Hi Joline, thanks!! Can i buy from you? 10 tablets can?

Can PM me price and bank account no. to do an ATM transfer?

I will also reply on my mailing address for the delivery.

Thanks dear!

Hi Maple babies,

i have 10 tablets of clomid also.. you wanna buy from me? My previous gynea gave me 3 cycles of clomid but after taking 2 clomid, i dun response to it well.. PM me if you wanna buy from me..

Hi mommies,

This thread has been pretty quiet lately.

How is everyone coping?

I juz went for my 2nd checkup. My little pig is said to be growing well at 3.56cm and heartbeat at 162pm. Its so amazing and I could c his hands n feet moving.

But hv a few query to check with you all. Based on my LMP, my piggy shd b 9w5d but based on the u/s scan, gynae said its slightly bigger and est shd be abt 10w5d instead. So how old is my piggy exactly? I am confused.

Another thing is I m confused whether to deliver my pig in NUH or in Glen E as I find both my gynae r good. NUH dr is v reassuring and comforting but not so detailed as to telling u all the aspects of how bb is doing and cost of delivering and in any event of complications is cheaper. But disadvantage is Prof Biswas only works on Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat and in any case of emergency, I m not sure if I can see him or not. I hvn forgotten to discuss this aspect with him yet.

For my Glen E gynae, he was the one who put me on Metformin that I conceived but I find rather direct and commercialized. He is not as patient and reassuring but a detailed gynae whom I can tell has yrs of experience.I dun mind queuing to see him but only find him rather pricey.

If you were in my shoes, what would you choose? I am rather confused coz I want someone whom I can trust for the nxt 9 mths and in case of emergency and yet at the same time, dun want to spend too much money also.

hi tweetie,
everything is estimated one. but usually the size at scanning is a better estimate of the fetus' age.
happy.gif
dun worry, the 1 week diff is ok one. your gynae will be able to estimate better as your baby grows.

hmm.. you have a tough qn. I think at the end of the day, i guess it's who you are most comfortable with. You still have some time to think about it though. My gynae is also the sort who is reassuring but not detailed in telling all the aspects cos he is so experienced and would not say anything unless it is very serious. maybe yours is that sort too?

hey cody,
sorry to ask you in this thread. saw in another old thread that you've brought Dean to tokyo when he was quite small.

We are thinking of going Tokyo this June with Kieran. He will be 13 mths by then. So just want to check if it is easy to get baby food off the supermkts there? i.e. bottled food, cereal etc? or is there other easy way of getting food for him? he only has 2 teeth so far and is currently eating porridge heh.. Thanks in advance.

hi tweetie, congrats.. isn't it exciting to see baby growing well? Don't worry, EDD acc to your scanned size should be accurate. Babies hv growth spurt lor. If you want, maybe switch gynae.. to someone you trust and in pvt hospital?

Hi Tweetie,
I feel that you should see someone you are comfortable with and in any case of emergency you still be able to get him.

All gynae should have an emergency number you can call even outside their office hour. This is their responsiblity to take care of you. If you can't get the gynae during your emergency, then my advice is not to go to him
happy.gif

Take good care of yourself and I'm really happy for you
happy.gif

hi Tweetie
based on my bb size, the dates on her scans were always earlier than the edd, she weighs 3.735kg when she was born.

My gynae said I should base on the edd, cos different bb grows at different rate.

wow ruggles
youa re bringing keiran overseas again? i cannot imagine doing tat, my girl can get very cranky and my hubby is not the patient type. hey post pictures of keiran!

Hi all,

So sorry, i hvn been replying. MS making me so miserable everyday
sad.gif
M apporaching my 11wks based on LMP.

Hmmm....anyway, I will check with my gynae again abt the actual EDD again.

Yeah, still sometime for me to think abt it. Perhaps at the end of the day, I might choose NUH as I feel I need a more assuring and patient doctor. Its prob the distance since I stay in Sengkang.

Gg for my NT scan and triple test with NUH nxt friday. Keep fingers crossed again!

Shall keep you all updated soon!

Ruggles, i juz went Tokyo last Oct. Baby food shd b v easily available in the supermkt as I hv seen loads of interesting bb food. The biggest problem would be transportation as most of the railway stations do not hv elevators and there are tonnes of stairs to walk. So wud b a problem if you hv luggage to lug and a pram to push along too.

Other than tat, Japan is fun... I even intend to go this November again, but looks like hv to delay till nxt yr.
happy.gif
But its all worth it.

Hi thewife, tweetie,
yeah, I'm kinda worried about the stairs too. That's what everybody says. I'm intending to bring a lightweight stroller and the baby sling along. I am really just worried about what kieran can eat that's all. heh.. but since i am weaning Kieran onto FM now, I dread having to bring milk powder. I thought about how easy it was when I went US last year with him. No bottles, no milk powder. it was easy.

Tweetie,
you might want to check out the Raffles group at Compass pt? I had a friend who went there when she was preggers. but i dunno who her gynae was tho'. If you like I can try and find out for you. But she delivered in Raffles Hosp. I think she mentioned that she could have delivered at TMC also.

785688.jpg

that's my little Beng now.. hehe

Hi ruggles,

Its ok. Another choice would mean another confusion for me. I will hv to choose b/t Glen E or NUH.

Hee..hee... your boy looks so grown up now compared to when he was a mth old. Like a young punk with attitude :p

Thanks

hey ruggles!
sorry for the delay...just got back to work after 2 weeks leave. Argh, i can't get my engine started and i loooooong to laze at home esp in this weather!

Re japan / tokyo....

1) Food
Depending on what type of baby food Keiran takes, there are many available in the supermarkets eg bottled Heinz food, pigeon food etc.

You can buy them from supermarkets there, and heat it up for Keiran. However i find the pigeon baby food for 6mths old quite chunky and salty still. Maybe you can try it out on Keiran here before you go. You can get them from Takashimaya baby section.

Cereals are available, but they're ALL in japanese which i can't read.
Dean was 16months when he went to tokyo, and i chose to cook his meals for him with fresh fish, veg and rice.
At least the consistency and ingredients in the porridge are within my control.
More effort tho, eg waking up at 6am to cook, buying & preparing the ingredients etc.

Plenty of super fresh & tasty fish there tho.
The cod fish i got was ULTRA SWEET - dean enjoyed the porridge thoroughly!

Feeding outside of the hotel was a problem, cos smoking is allowed almost everywhere!
From hotel lobbies, to restaurants, to parks etc.
Their foodcourts there dun offer customers tables or chairs to eat from either.
In fact, once you step out of a shopping mall into the open, you will be greeted by secondary smoke.

2) Getting Around
Large train stations in Tokyo usually have lifts, just that you got to walk alittle further.

In the absence of lifts, there are escalators. We push the stroller onto the escalators.

In the absence of lifts and escalators, hubby dearest had to carry the stroller while i carried Dean.
If he was asleep in the stroller, the 2 of us would carry the entire stroller + kid up the stairs.

3) Weather
It will be quite cold in open areas eg Disneyland. The wind can be quite strong and the windchill can really bite your bones (esp at night).
Make sure you bring enough warm clothes and blankets for Keiran.

ENJOY YOUR TRIP !!!
Can't wait to go back again. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!

Long time neber post in this thread..have been avoiding all these ttc related stuff as getting a bit too stress..

Qing Qing - Congrats to you!! So nice that u get it from yr 1st cycle clomid (if I rem correctly)....

ah_kat

ruggles, kat, siew lei thanks .....

kat dun stress ...... relax i am sure u can make it ...... yes is my 1st cycle on clomid

thewife and tweetie, thank you .... ya I am always careful now up and down stair i hold on to the railing hahahaha ......

Hi Qingqing,

How many weeks are u now? Can start to go see gynae once u pass 7wks. Too early go, no use, cant see anything.

Hi Mommies,

Went to Robinson sale during lunch time, Avent and Medela series are on 20% off. As usual, tempted to buy but dunno what is good. The electric or manual one?? And which brand? Afraid will buy the wrong thing juz for the sake of 2% extra GST.

Any idea or mayb i shd wait till later stage after attending the parentcraft to hv a better guage.

qingqing congrats! eat well, sleep well!

tweetie, if u wanna get a pump to just standby, then go for avent manual.. if you seriously intend to pump for long-term then go for medela pump in style or ameda lactaline
happy.gif
cannot go wrong...

tweetie I am 5 weeks Now, gynae ask me to go back on 30 may so can do scanning for me ..... she gave me some AN TAI pills to eat

Catz thanks!

btw can i check with u all after u test with pregnancy kit hor the lines will fade away one?

yeah tweetie,
if going for manual pump and if u not intending to pump long term or often then go for the avent manual. but for long term pump, I also recommend the Ameda lactaline. I've heard that the medela PIS is really good, but that's really expensive!!

qing,
the line will fade after some time. not as dark as before but still can see one. actually it looks more like a duller colour. but it takes really long for it to really fade.

morning all..

popped in and saw good news early in e morning!

qingqing - congrats!!

tweetie - initially i bot e avent manual.. but coz robinsons was having a discount on ameda lactline, i bot it too! haha.. KS mummy lah.. hopefully i will have BM man! but if i dun, guess there's always e WTS thread here! haha.. =)

just some updates.. am now in my last leg of pregnancy.. ard 37wks+.. getting torturous to move ard.. as i've put on abt 18 - 20 kg? which is ard half my weight as i weighed only 38kg in e past.. =( today is my last day at work liao.. decided to take MC for next week n i hv a feeling bb may pop by next week or early e week after? but i'm hoping he stays in a while more as i'm in e midst of shifting hse! =) hope to hear more good news here, n will def hv to ask exp mummies for advice once bb is out..

Hi Catz, Ruggles,

I also dunno if I have the patience to BF or not. Foresee will hv some problems w tat coz hv inverted nipples.
sad.gif
Anyway, dunno if the 20% sale will b taken off after the 3days sale. So now I know got 3 good choices (1) Avent Manual, (2) Ameda Lactline, (3) Medela PIS. Btw, I saw Avent came out with this range called Avent ISIS Single/Duo which is electric/battery operated, the single one costs ard S$250 and has 15mths warranty. Has anyone seen, heard or tried it? Oh also, the steam steriliser, which one should I go for? Confused.
kao_confused.gif
Hmmm...wonder if the price is gg up by a lot after implementation of the 7% GST.

Qingqing, mine didn't fade until now(i.e 3 mths) but it has a urine stench which I m hesitating whether to throw away. I am sure when bb pop, will hv more memories and happiness and by then, also dunno where we put it liao.

Caitlyn, tat's really fast. A week more to go and you can see bb.
happy.gif
Happy for you.

Just some updates, me gg 13 wks now. Went for my OSCAR test last week and so far, gynae didn't call. So I reckon shd b good news when there is no news. My piggy is abt 6.2cm during 12.5wks and growing well. So hopefully, nothing goes well for the nxt few mths ahead. "Pray Hard"
kao_smile2.gif

tweetie - i bot e avent steam sterilizer.. basically i everything just buy avent.. hee.. other than e electric pump from ameda.. am sure everything will go well in e mths ahead.. i'm kinda nervous and scared now tt e D day is arriving..

caitlyn, thanks ...

girls u kw what my hubby is back from taiwan i wanna show him the pregnancy kit. I tested on sun & wed ... the wed one faded and left only a - sign hahahha ... faint .... how like that i am preggie anot?

hey tweetie,
inverted nipples can re-invert out leh.. esp now you are still in the early stages of pregnancy! I think both avent and medela has the tool to do that. or check with your gynae!!

hey caitlyn,
wow, time really flies man.. enjoy your last few weeks of couplehood... hehe..

qing,
gynae said that you are right?
happy.gif

Hi Ruggles,

Yupe, i bought tat but aerola area is damn sensitive these days tat i didnt dare to disturb it. Anyway, the whole area expanded so rapidly that I am approaching C cup soon.

Mayb when i m in the middle of 2nd tri, then I try.

qingqing, yah you're still preggie lah
happy.gif

tweetie, yup, inverted nipples can still BF but you just use that thingie to pull it out. Don't do it now, sure pain.. do it third tri or when you deliver. Yup, you get really busty in pregnancy.. and when you BF. BF is quite OK lah.. no problem.. the first few days are the most crucial.. after that, should be no problem.

caitlyn, you were so skinny in the first place, guess you really needed to gain a lot. Must be very uncomfortable.. rest more!

Breast pump- I will always go for dual pump 'cos tandem pumping is the most effective to extract. I would go for Medela PIS, next would be Ameda Lactaline. I think the Avent duo is very expensive.

Hi Catz,

I hope so. Hmm.... Medela PIS seems to be gettg good reviews. Both Avent Duo and Medela PIS abt same pricing rite?

Wat abt steriliser? Which brand should I buy?

ladies, ha ha tell u what ..... to make my hubby at ease i bought 2 more kit hahahaha one digital one is normal .... now he is at ease already! kekekeke

Hi Tweetie,
I got myself the Medela PIS and I can say is really good. You can go to the first few year shop to get the US version which come with extra converter but it is much cheaper, $599 as compare the usual price of $749. U sure robinson they give discount on Avent and Medela cos last year I went, robinson's staff told me that for 20% sales, avent and medela no more allow them to give 20% sales on the pump, so you better check first.

I have both manual Avent pump and Medela PIS and I can say Medela PIS is really good, because of this pump I have sufficient milk for my baby till now without formula supplement and now already pass 6mth liao. I can extract more milk using the medela one for e.g in the morning 200ml but if I use Avent manual the quantity is less than 100ml can u imagine the difference. If you want to get a manual pump I can say Avent is still the best manual pump so far
happy.gif

If you intend to breastfeed for a longer period then you can invest on Medela PIS. For me I intend to breastfeed for like 1 and 1/2 year if possible. It tought and quite tiring but the satfisaction is there when you see your baby grow day by day when taking your breastmilk, the feeling is just great.

Hi Siew Lei,

Hmmm..where is the first few years shop located?

Thanks, u gave me an idea on what to buy. N ruggles and catz too.

sorry, got another thing to ask, is it advisable to take cold drinks? I hv the temptation to take at least a glass of cold water a day esp when nausea turns bad. Worry its not gd for the bb.

ruggles + catz - yup.. time really flies.. wonder how jam is doing.. rem we got preggy at e same time.. hee.. am now resting at home.. but worried tt means i'l have a loing labour as i've been so inactive.. hee..

tweetie - i drink ice cold cold drinks evryay.. with such weather.. almost every drink i drink is cold cold one! hee.. will feel guilty for awhile.. but cannot resist..

Back