PCOS patient and trying to conceive, pls share experience here.

wah caitlyn, you on leave already arh!!
happy.gif

tweetie,
yeah, i took cold drinks all the time too..

ruggles - i cannot make it liao.. go skl still must climb up, climb down.. anyway, last week of skl n exams over so ask gynae for one week mc lor.. hee

tweetie - may not be able to inform so soon as i dun hv internet connction at my new place yet.. but will do so once i have e chance.. =)

Hi tweetie,
You can find the firstfewyear shop at paragon or KK hospital and I heard united square also have the branch.

Hi,

Has anyone been taking Metaformin? Last Saturday, I went to see my gynae, she gave me this medicine and started on Saturday night. Since then I am having fever till this morning then ok but still no having any appetite in food. Is this the side effect of Metaformin? maybe i eat too heaty stuff and cause me to have fever. I am also given clomid but will only take it from 2nd day onwards.

Hi Siew Lei,

I bought the Medela PIS Limited Edition @ offer price 669/- as they had the extra let down function and has higher suction power compared the the Medela PIS version which is selling now @ 499. But my hubby keeps saying 669 is better as he is afraid I will need more function to produce more and u know lar, the sales girl is promoting the more exp one also and I was tempted. Was tinkg if really no breastmilk due to watever reason, i will juz sell away the pump lor. At least, I m proud to say I hv tried.

Another good thing is they allow me to buy now and collect it in nov when I nid to use it so that I will not waste the 15mths warranty given.

Weekender, I didnt hv problem of hvg fever when I took metformin. Wat is temp like? Cud u b preggy already?

but sat scan taht time, i am at CD 27. i ovulate should be on CD24. today is my CD 30. no painful boobs. I have been taking BBT temp. for the past 3 days is 36.8 then 37.6 then 37 degree. if i want to test whether preggy or not also too early right? further more, last sat when i go and see gynae, she got do a vaginal ultrasound scan for me. i hope is preggy.

Then i tink u better call up to clinic to ask. I hvn come across such incident before. The only side effects i had was mood swing, weight loss, nausea and dizzy spells.

not yet miss leh. i have irregular one. the shortest i have is 35 days. the longest i have is .... big figure. :p if based on 35, still got 4 more days to period come. this morning the BBT is 36.8 deg. still no painful boobs.

This morning i call the clinic. the nurse say metformin should not have such side effect. it could be the effect of the antibiotics. but anyhow, she tell me to stop metformin for 1-2 days and see how it goes.

I have taken the morning dose. So i will skip tonight dose and tomorrow's. currently now, i am feeling ok liao. still not much appetite but at least dun have want to vomit feel. See tonight I got the vomit again or not.

Hi weekender,
I vomitted and have bad stomach upset when I was on metaformin..anyway, my cycles are also super long and for now I have given up on metaformin and clomid and only concentrated on TCM.

What is yr dosage at the moment?? Mine was max liao - 3 tabets and 3X a day.

Hi kat,
i just started 1 week. my dosage for metaformin is twice daily. Once in the morning b4 food and once in the evening b4 food. For clomid, i haven't start. the dosage is once nightly from the 2nd day of my period onwards until the 6th day.

I dun have stomach pain when taking the medicine. Since yesterday I had stopped metaformin temp. I think i should be resuming again tomorrow. during these 2 days when i stop, I dun feel like vomitting. only occassional nauseas. Seems like it's confirm the metaformin had caused me to vomit.

ic, so it will go away one. ok. then i start tomorrow morning. tahan the initial stage.

tweetie, u all successful ttc after taking metaformin and clomid?

kat, TCM will help or not?

Hi Tweetie,
Yours is slightly expensive than mine I guess because it is limited edition, mine is also the same function as yours got the let down function and cost me $599. The older the version which do not have the let down function is cheaper.

Did you get it from the firstfewyear shop? I guess maybe now they did not have the $599 one.

Hi Siew Lei,

Yes, i got it from the firstfewyear shop. If i m not wrong, ys is Medela PIS selling at 499 now. Medela PIS Advance selling at 599 but i bought mine at 669 coz it comes with a handy bag. Function wise, the 599 and 669 is the same. I preferred the one with the carrier bag as it will b more convenient for me later on.

Weekender,
I managed to strike on metformin n TCM this time. Actually i took clomid tog with metformin for 2 cycles but failed. Juz as when i was waiting for AF so tat i can go on my 3rd cycle, miracle came. So if u ask me, I m also not sure which med is working.

Hi Tweetie,
Mine is the Medela PIS Advance one selling at 599 one. I remember the 499 one is the one without the let down mode right.

Last time I actually want to get the cheaper one but they told me the old one phase out liao and encourage me to get the 599 one cos got the let down mode.

The let down mode is good cos it really help to simulate more milk flow.

Oh ic the 599 is the backpack one, actually when you carry the backpack it will be much lighter, the pump if you will to be carry around is really heavy. If you backpack it, it is so much lighter
happy.gif

Hi Siew Lei,

Yes, we bought the exact same one except tat I paid more for the carrying case as it has more compartment space and act as a diaper bag and looks nicer.
happy.gif
I so vain pot hor! Hee...hee...

Now I m into my 16wks. MS is subsiding gradually though I still get attack once a while. Appetite is getting better though poor and slowly gaining weight. Lost 2.5kg but putting on 1kg now, hope its a good progress. Nxt wk, gg for my checkup...getting so excited and wondering how piggy is doing.
happy.gif

Oh, can check with you if I can drink hot green tea or not coz sometimes food get too oily and I feel v terrible and cant drink english or chinese tea. Wonder is jap green tea ok? I hvn had chance to ask sinseh. She only told me no need to drink cordyceps w pao sheng n lean meat like wat everyone else is doing. But my aunties keep pestering me to take. Arghhh.......

Weekender, yes. We tokg abt breast pumps.

hi all.. just to report tt i have delivered..

isaiah arrived on 2nd jun, weighing 3.1kg via emergency c-sect.. i dilated till 9cm then stagnated there.. bb cldn't come out as my pelvic bone too small.. so double pain + double cost.. hee.. but lucky my gynae's stitching skills are good.. so cld walk ard frm day 2 onwards withot painkillers.. hee...

i have pathetic MS n was super stressed by BF, cry almmost evry day.. so made e diff decision to give FM to bb.. he basicaly on FM now.. feel guilty.. but guess it's better for bb tt mummy is mentally stable..

Hi Caitlyn,

Congrats!
happy.gif

Dun dwell too much as the most painful part is over.

Hmmm... what happened? Not enuff milk supply or bb cldnt latch on? Yeah, u hv to be mentally strong and i suppose its really tough.

Hi caitlyn,
Take good care of yourself now. Remember your health come first so later you can take care of your bb.

Hi Tweetie,
I think better listen to the sinseh. For me I did not take that even thought some of my friend told me that I can take but I just too scare to take any chinese herb. I only start taking brand chicken esssence when I'm at 3rd trimester cos too tired liao.

I think still better don't drink green tea it might also contain some caffein better avoid if possible lah. Also remember not take vitamin A or E during your pregnancy too.

Hi caitlyn,
congrats! and take care of yourself first.
happy.gif

so baby's fully on FM now? maybe you'll can still do partial BF-ing? whatever the case is, as long as baby is getting good nutrition and that's fine!!
happy.gif

caitlyn, congrats!!!! rest well, yah? i agree tt if it's possible, u can start partial bf.. but if you're not up to it, don't sweat it.

Just got discharged from hospital few days back.. was hospitalised for severe stomach pains..so hving to pump and dump for 1.5 wks already. So torturous.. tomorrow I resume bf.. hope Beth still knows how to latch!!

thanx gals.. currently bb on full FM.. coz everytime i latch him on, i will cry.. n he doesn't suckle for long.. less than 5 min then he'll give up.. feel guilty abt it but just can't bring myself to bf.. also surprsisingly, i dun seem to love my own bb.. sighz.. wonder y when i tried to hard for him..

Hi Caitlyn,

Oh dear, how r u feelg now? It seem to hv signs of post natal depression. Dun tink too much or worry too much for now and it will be no good for both you and the baby. If you have really tried yr best, then juz give yourself a good pat on the back and dun dwell further anymore.

Are you getting sufficient help at home during this period of time? Think u need lots of rest....

Take care and u can juz drop us a note anytime u feel unhappy or sad.
happy.gif

caitlyn, don't feel bad.. it's just the post baby blues.. all those happy pregnancy hormones leaving you. Don't worry about not bonding with baby.. it's not an instant thing.. it wasn't with both my kids.. doesn't mean you're not a good mom okie? Just get lots of rest, yah?

yeah caitlyn,
just get enough rest.. it's just the happy hormones dipping really low now.. you'll lurr...ve isaiah to bits in time to come.. hehe..

catz,
how's it going for you? gastric flu or something? i got it about 3 weeks back as well.. was hell man..

ruggles, yah it was gastroenteritis.. pain pain pain.. worse than labour pain. Got dripped for 2 whole days. Hospital stay about the same as giving birth!!

catz,
wow, hospitalised and drip.. that's really bad. I also think its worse than labour pain man. I was literally lying there and cannot move at all.. just be careful arnd the kids.. cos the bug is going around man.. i think Kieran got a bit too cos as I was recovering, he started having watery poop, tho' he didn't seem to have any pain

hi all,

just wanted to share my exp ttcing with pco.
my 'cycle' previously was like 1-2 times a year so i already knew i had a prob. after ttcing for abt a yr, decided to seek med help. was diagnosed with pco. dr put me on metformin and clomid to be taken when AF comes. however, even on metformin my AF didn't come naturally, so dr slowly increase the dosage and give me a drug (can't remember wat it's called) to induce the AF. When AF come, then take Clomid on 2nd to 5th day and hope i ovulate the following month. every 2-3 wks i would go for follicle scan to see if any egg was forming.
finally last month there was a gd size egg and dr told me to try try try!
i'm now abt 6w and just saw bb hb last wk. so happy and relieved.
i hope this brings some hope to all pco women out there.
baby dust to all!

Hi gals,
went back to see my gynae today. Guess what.. the ovaries are still full of cysts.. looks like the having Kieran didn't do the situation any good.
sad.gif
hmm.. looks like another long journey in TTCing for #2.

Hi ruggles,

I last time I checked with gynae, he did mention to me that our condition usually will not improve or rather maintain or worsen only.

Dun worry too much abt now! So what r yr plans now? Taking clomid?

hey tweetie,
now on sunolut then will go onto clomid. I think my gynae gave me a higher dosage of clomid this time around leh. 2 tablets (i.e. 100mg) i thot I remembered taking only 1 tablet (i.e. 50mg) the last time only. hmm..

crossing my fingers now. hopefully we'll be as lucky as when i had Kieran, and like Catz like that!
happy.gif
just the very sian feeling at the moment.

hi girls,
haven't been coming to this thread for a long time!

Update:
i'm still TTC-ing.
apart from metformin, i'm off all other mediciations.
Didn't respond well to them.
Now on abit of TCM.

Ruggles:
have u come back from Tokyo yet?
all the best for your TTC!
re the cysts ... *hug* ... don't give up hope!
you responded well to clomid the first time, keep your fingers crossed for your second attempt!
happy.gif

tweetie,
thanks!!
happy.gif

cody,
yeah.. back liao. din go Ikebukuro tho' but really, a lot of stairs in Japan man.. carry stroller until want to die liao. But the good and the sashimi was great!!

my gynae told me that fertility is a chance event. so don't bang so hard on the chance that clomid did it once, it will again on 1st attempt. (still, we've got catz, with double triumph!!) yeah.. try, try, try.. you too yah!!! Jia you!

Hi ladies,
Need advise here....desperate...

I have PCOS and gone through 1 miscarriage last year Aug..since then have been on this tough road of TTC

Just went to see gynae this PM after menses missing for 90 over days.

Bad news, gynae confirmed from the scan that menses likely not coming soon and my PCOS is getting worst (many eggs but none is growing). Also, it seems tt my body is developing dependency on the inducing mense medicine such that it cannot come on it own now (last cycle came on it own but the previous cycle was induce).

She suggested that I proceed to induce this cycle since already more then 90days and start clomid and metaformin again...otherwise I can proceed to do the ovarian drilling (punctured ovaries with small holes hoping that it will help to provide more outlets to release the eggs).

Totally lost now...dont know what shld I do...really hated the med as it got many side effects on me and it seems that it is making my body more screwed up then before (previously cycle avg 60days).

Am on TCM for close to 3mths liao...but no major effect seen yet

Anyone with similar experience can share?? Or can any ladies tell me what shld I do? Honestly, I am already not so concern abt BB making now but rather to get back my cycles...

sorry for the lengthy post as I am really not sure what to do now

Hi ah_kat,
I don't know what I know for me PCOS if I'm not induce with medication, my menses don't seems to be accurate. Mine is always hirewire, only with clomid + metformin my cycle seems to be more accurate like 30days. I also on TCM last time, I think the TCM help in "bu" our body. Have to be a bit patience taking TCM.

Hi Ruggles and Cody,
Jiayou and pray hard for both of you.

For my case my husband like very scare of having another 1 cos my girl need lot of attention and both of us are really exhausted. She is super active kid a bit worry then she will grow up to be a hyperactive kid
sad.gif

Hi Siew Lei,
I've never needed to induce the menses until recently..Tried clomid + metaformin for 2 cycles and it does not seem to help...

Real sianz

caitlyn, siew lei: thank you!!

ah kat: *hug* i know what u mean cos i went thru the same. I've given up on OPKs etc, taking only TCM at the moment.
Maybe you can go back to your TCM practitioner for a review?

Hope your cycles will come back again soon. My cycle was so wonky in the past, that i got menses only twice a year! After that i was totally dependent on medication to induce menses too. That wasn't very good.

So far i *think* the TCM is doing me well ... at least my last 2 menstral cycles came naturally.

Hi cody,

Yeah - it really sucks as I can feel bloatness but no menses and the scan is showing thin lining...have been on OPK for more then 60 days and neber spot a +ve sign...

And the trouble is that menses was not as bad before all these...

How long u have been on TCM??

Hi ah_kat:

Not long, only for 1 month.
The medicine is drink twice monthly.
Suspect the first menses that came naturally was due to the left-over effect of the oral contraceptive (OC) pills i took.

The second, i was surprised it came cos the cycle reduced fr 32 days to 24days!
Can't be the OC pills, so its likely to be the TCM.

wow...its amazing to get pregnant on irregular cycles...i have regular cycles but got PCOS too...i dunno why its like that. Apparently need to take a hormone test to check why. I pray GOd will have mercy on us and bless us...

i went japan a couple of months back as well, yes the train stations have a lot of stairs and need to walk a lot everywhere as the cabs cost a bomb...

Back