PCOS patient and trying to conceive, pls share experience here.

catz. i didnt know that clomid mwill coause more ovarian cysts leh.. i took the 1st cycle only.. goin to see her next mth again to check whther my cysts cleared onot.. ur gynae also at TMC ah?? so qiao :p mine also keke.. care to share who is ur gynae??

Hey bleuz and Meimei, my gynae at TMC is Yvonne Chan. I find her pretty good but my husband has a bad impression of her 'cos she wasn't very encouraging when he did his sperm analysis.. but for me, she works fine and her scheduling is pretty spot on so I've never waited more than 20 minutes. Erm, as for charges, I'm not the person to ask as I spent 7+ months of my pregnancy in the US so I'm not sure of how much the packages cost. Hv only had one antenatal check and it cost $132.

Meimei, yah, that's why you are not encouraged to go on more than 6 cycles of Clomid so you really got to make each cycle count.. it's not playplay drug lor.. that's why I suggest the OPK. Your gynae should monitor all your cysts size esp when you are on successive cycles of Clomid. If you are not responding to oral Clomid, she might switch you over to injectibles.

catz.. mine is yvonne soong :p at level 4
i not to sure abt her price too.. went for the 1st time spent 200+ lor.. think follow up will be cheaper ba
happy.gif
hmm hw should i tell her to monitor the size of the cysts?? and do she know that i'm respondin to clomid?? me nw in CD17 liao leh.. do u think i should see her earlier instead of the 6th??

Meimei, by CD17, you should have ovulated already.. if she had wanted to monitor you,she would have asked you to come in for an appt earlier to check the development of the follicles (early eggs).. I think you'd better check around to see if she's good at treating infertility... if she's not, maybe you should consider looking around for an alternative as you really don't want to waste time with a doctor who isn't helping out much.

hmm.. i think because i only try TTC for 1mth thats y she didnt says anything...think i should ask her more durin my next visit.. thanks catz

No prob Meimei.. best to write down a list of questions that you want to ask her... get your money's worth yah?
happy.gif

Alamak dear.. best you start reading up on fertility issues on the web. There's a really good book 'Taking Charge of your Fertility' which I found very very informative.. think you can pick it up at Borders. Hmm.. questions... I guess timing of intercourse, how will you know if you are responding to Clomid, how many cycles does she recommend on oral Clomid before she switches you over to injectibles, does she rec Metformin for your PCOS etc..

haha..thanks catz :p

hmm.. me nw left with last tablet of metformin.. think i will change my appointment to the 1st or 2nd dec instead of the 6th
happy.gif
keke

think i got the idea wat should i ask her liao.. :p really thank u very much.. btw when r u due??

catz.. so fast hor.. keke
take care hor and remeber to show me ur darling pic k
happy.gif
btw u know the gender??

Yah it's really unbelievable how time flies.. I still remember the first trimester so vividly - ZERO APPETITE!! My little darling is a boy...
happy.gif

Er.. I'm doing a la carte.. not worth it for me to be on pkg since I only came back at 31 wks.

No sweet pink frilly things for me this time... *sigh* I did buy a few girly outfits before I found out it was a boy but when I suggested using them on our boy, my husband flipped out.. heheheheeheh.. so evil hor?
happy.gif

lol.. u r so bad leh..
happy.gif
of coz ur hubby will flipped out lah.. keke boy boy becum gal gal.. keke .. oh ya hor u juz came back from US.. hehe

keke.. didn't want to waste those beautiful outfits mah... anyway, in the old days, boys used to wear beautifully smocked christening gowns too and they didn't grow up any worse for it.. no lah, wasn't serious..haha.. don't want my boy to have problems later on in life.

u looking fwd to your appt? last time seeing gynae was damn sian for me 'cos ultrasound meant seeing all my cyst-y ovaries. my mom always came along with me and I told her 'sorry lah mom, can only see cysts..hopefully one day you can see a baby'.. thank God finally can!

keke.. ya lookin forward to my appointment.. coz i need to know whther still got infection and the cyst clear already onot :p but
sad.gif
coz hubby cant take leave to go with me

Yah it's so hard for anyone to take leave.. nvmind, ask him to save leave for when you get pregnant
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
Think positive!

keke... ya lor.. :p but he nned to clear 4 days of leaves by end dec coz only can b/f 7days to next yr.. haiz..

Aiyah, then in that case, why doesn't he take leave for your gynae visit? If not, he doesn't have much time to clear his 4 days right? Lugi 4 days of leave is such a waste!

Waaah.. what kind of job is he doing? Quite shack hor? My husband's old posting also like that.. lagi worse 'cos he came back 1-2 am every night and had to leave at 5am... weekends also burned. That's also prob another reason why we found it so hard to conceive in Singapore... when we were in the US, we practically see each other 24/7 and I have to chase him out of the house..haha
happy.gif

catz..he workin as a snr engineering assistant.. think nw peak period thats y always OT
sad.gif
but wat to do.. haiz.. actually me thinkin to have a short getaway one but he cant take leaves leh..

Wah quite cham lor, esp if it's a local company he's working for.. yah, we also very cham 'cos our first wedding anniversary, we were actually entitled to free stay but we had to forfeit 'cos hubby couldn't take leave
sad.gif

ya.. its local company.. haiz.. nvm lah.. as long he dun get tired workin can liao..
happy.gif

u must be eager to see hw ur darling liao.. keke
226034.gif
226035.gif

yah... definitely missing my darling... it's worse 'cos I feel like some abandoned unwed mother staying with parents!

aiyah, local companies usually not very good to their employees... well, as long as your hb is happy
happy.gif

aiyah, it's very hard lah. Already one month without each other, plus when we were in US, it was almost 24/7 together. Dunno what the neighbours must be thinking. Long time never see me then suddenly I show up with my big belly...hehe... it must be the talk of the town
happy.gif

Hubby still has slightly over a fortnight over there, can't wait to see him. He keeps asking me to send him pictures of my belly but I hate to take pictures of myself when I look like a whale! :p

Hey, your gynae appt is pretty soon hor? I've got an appt at my gynae tomorrow morning.

keke.. very fast u will get to see him
happy.gif

ya.. my appointment on wed :p cant wait keke
hopefully can see result lor.. wahaha :p

will ur gynae scan again??

catz

me went see gynae this morning.. V scan but cant see anything yet.. gynae ask me wait till the 10th or later.. if menses didnt come buy test kit test for result.. if -ve got to take med for it to come coz its PCOS's fault.. but she have already given me 2 cycles of clomid and 2mths supply mutivitamins for hubby.. keke

Hey Meimei, hope you strike this month lor
happy.gif
.. for me, surprise surprise, it was the first cycle of Clomid even though my husband is so-called only 4% fertile. Did she suggest sperm analysis for your husband?

hi catz
got but she ask me ask hubby.. keke u know lah.. man always paiseh in this thing one..
thanks hor.. hope i strike lor

she says i got ovulate leh.. keke if didnt strike then take clomid then ask me to BD on CD 12,14 and 16

I hope you strike too!
happy.gif
It's good that the oral Clomid is working for ya.

My gynae appt was good. Baby is now in head-down position and he's weighing 2.5kg. She says his weight (above average) is largely due to his lanky frame. Saw his face and it's rather chubby already.. plus he's got a chubby tummy..hehe.. thanks to the durians I've been whacking since I got back. So everything is good and no need to schedule c-section *phew*

Nah, I just saw the outline of his face and saw that he's got chubby cheeks.. hehe..
happy.gif
No point in doing 3D scan lah, why expose my baby to more radiation? Anyway, since we already know that it's a boy, how he looks is the only surprise left lor
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
Hope he's a good mixture of me and hubby.

it cool.. keke
btw i didnt know that 3D scan is harmful to BB leh.. of coz he will be a mixture of u and ur hubby... keke nw so kan jiong for u leh.. goin give birth liao :p

Yup, lots of doctors feel it's very frivolous to do the 3D scan as there is longer exposure to the ultrasound lor. Anyway, only a month or less to go, can tahan the suspense..hehe.. eh, some babies can totally look like one parent.. for e.g. my niece does not look one bit like my SIL.. she looks like my MIL! (poor kid)

Hi Catz,

Been a long time since I last chatted with you....

Popping soon yah....so excited for you....
bounce.gif

Btw, i jus had a 2nd opinion here....
I did a Vscan & Ultra sound... the results shows that I have no PCOS *confused*

so which gynae do u gals go to?

i'm diagnosed w pcos too. but i decided not to take those clomid, etc.

i think sporeans are terribly infrequent when comes to lovemaking. 2-3 times a month and tt's considered v good already. sigh...

Hi Meimei and loveluis,

Yah, it just suddenly hit me that I could be a Mom THIS MONTH! Eeks.. luckily I've bought everything I could possibly need (and more..haha) Hope the labour goes well lah, my biggest fear is not labour itself, rather it's the healing from episiotomy wound.

loveluis, hmmmm... did the second gynae do a FSH/LH blood test? 'Cos I think that is the most accurate way to check if you hv PCOS, if the ovaries do not show up polycystic on the ultrasound right?? Hope you don't hv PCOS leh, it's such a curse.

edksd, I'm with Yvonne Chan at TMC. Loveluis is in the US. If you're not actively TTCing, then no point using Clomid but if the symptoms do bother you, then Metformin might be a good idea. Yah I agree, it's kind of hard to get much nooky in S'pore since it's so stressful. Aiyah, if you think 2-3x per month is bad, wait until you get pregnant... dry spell for a looooooong time. Haha.
happy.gif

hi catz.. no worry.. will moral support u one
happy.gif

me oso cross finger that my AF wouldnt come..
happy.gif
keke then can buy test kit test liao.. lol
btw my FSH is 4 and LH is 6.. gynae says it only a mild pcos.. startin only.. so she ask me dun be afraid
happy.gif
me took metformin as my diet pills.. lol

hi edksd.. my gynae is Dr Yvonne Soong also from TMC
happy.gif
ya its too stressful in spore liao.. me dun really "do" it every week.. keke coz hubby very stressful

hi catz, what's FSH?

how did doc chk tt u've got pcos? i went to kk, doc just do an ultrasound (i think), it's inserting a thing into the vagina, then from the computer screen can see what's going on in there.

the doc asked me to take metformin everyday. then on 2nd day of my period, start taking clomid and starting nooking actively.

but the thing is after taking metformin, my period doesnt come at all!! so i've no chance to take clomid!

and metformin really makes me lethargic. i felt like a zombie after taking metformin. so im quite weary of what clomid can do to me!!

i went back to doc, and he asked me to take another medicine which will guarantee my period will come in 2 days.

i didnt take and didnt go back to the doc anymore. all these are too scary to me. take this can stop period, take tt can make period comes.

after i stopped metformin, period came back as per normal.

i feel tt the doc is applying the same formula to everyone w PCOS. he doesnt look into case by case. i prefer chinese medicine which is prescribed according to ur body not a standard formula.

but now come to think of it, no matter what i take, if my husband is not active, no point also.

is it really a norm sporean guys do 2-3 times a month? my ex is australian and we do it everyday.

hi edksd
FSH is female hormones
happy.gif
LH is male hormones
me missed for 5mths b4 seein a gynae..then gynae gave me pills to make menses come.. after 7days it really come.. and then i took clomid(conceive pill)
happy.gif
nw crossin fingers to hope that i strike.. keke metformin is to reduce sugar intake coz women with PCOS tends to be a little "fat".

think mostly sporean tends to be lazy when it comes to "sex"
happy.gif

hi mei mei,

do u know what's the normal rate of FSH/LH for a woman? why the doctor in KK never ask me to go for such test?

u mean ur period oso missed after taking metformin? the doc told me it helps in regulating the period, tts why i was wondering why it didnt come instead.

but i dun feel any weight loss taking metformin. maybe i only take for 1mth +

hi edksd

i'm not too sure wats the normal rate of FSH & LH.. can be check through blood test
happy.gif

i mean i missed menses for 5mths already b4 goin gynae.. metformin is not a medicine to make menses come.. its for PCOS people.. i took another pills.. forgot wat name liao.. it make my menses come
happy.gif

Hi meimei and edksd,

FSH= follicle stimulating hormone, the stuff that makes your eggs ripen, mature and get ejected out.. as far as I know, we don't hv enough FSH as our follicles do not mature into fertilisable eggs and thus become cystic. LH is luteinizing hormone.

edksd, I think your (ex?)gynae is a bit kelong lah.. maybe you should hunt around for a gynae who gives you more personalised attention. Personally, I do not believe in TCM. As for frequency, nah, I think it depends on the health level of the guy concerned. Before pregnancy, we were having nooky 3-4 times a week. Very active lor *blush*

the gynae i went to supposingly is one of the best few in KK. oh well. nevermind.

where can i go to take such a blood test for FSH/LH? if from the ultrascan already can see the ovary is polycistics does tt means actually no need to go for the blood test?

thanks catz..
happy.gif

hi edksd
mayb u can look for another gynae.. then maybe he/she will do 1 detail scan for ya again and do a blood test..
happy.gif
i think blood test is to know the hormones level.. to see if its level onot..
happy.gif

Back