Mummies staying at Clementi / Dover / Commonwealth

shauna: melody's name is regina.. hehe we all tot tat was her real name rite...
happy.gif

tmr u free? taka got bb fair.. wanna go walk walk?

elvis: wasted... nvm nxt time bah..

shirley: did melody pass u hangers? wat time u coming my plc tmr?

mummies, I'll be on leave on Friday as I've the 2nd adoption interview in the morning. Anyone game to go Taka Baby Fair together in the afternoon?
happy.gif

melody will pass u some bb hangers. then u pass to me.

elvis, u wan go? taka tmr?

angel: i think of gg tmr as i not sure when i'm due... so earlier is better for me..

Hi to all mummies...

There is another fair coming soon...
It's 'Mother & Baby Fair' 21-23Mar - Expo 6A

Also I will be delivering my precious mickey mouse tomorrow... So happy and excited to meet my mouse...

Will chat again next week...

cheerz.

hello mummies, it was nice to see all of you today ... and for those mummies who were busy working ... we hope to see you next time!

Petrina, sorry i was busy and didn't manage to pass Shirley the hangers... will pass to you another day .. maybe i drop by your house or meet you at HV?? wat time are you going to Taka fair tomorrow? We will only be able to go after 4.30pm cos my prince has class till then... will you still be there at about 5pm?? If so, will bring it to pass you ... :p

Angel, Good luck ... may you find the right baby
happy.gif

Angela, wishing you a smooth delivery ...

Hi Shauna,
hee... Melody is just my nick... hee... my pleasure (you are welcome) and i think you have a lovely boy... very cute!!
happy.gif

Hi Shirley8084,
thank you for sending your sis to send down the items to my friend's place... As you mentioned, that there are alot of nice mummies down here...

Hi Mummies,
i am posting on behalf of my needy friend who is 20 years old... She just gave birth to a baby gal [on 02 Mar 2008] and caught her boyfriend having sex with another gal in their bedroom when she came back from hospital [she was not legally married]... She was so depress and broke up with him straight away... Somehow no money to buy baby items...

She currently still lack of new born clothing, pram and some baby items... Any generous mummies down here can donate to her?

Kindly pass the word around...

As she is staying at Choa Chu Kang Area at her mum's place doing confinement now so she can't collect personally... If can, Shirley8084, can you or your sis help to send the items down? As i don't have car to drive the items down...

Hi Petrina, got something on today.. cannt join u. this is the tea i was telling u abt. some mothers actually use it to induce labour. but pls check with gynae before use.

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/labourandbirth/planningyourbabysbirth/raspberryteaeaselabourexpert/

CharmMama- we didnt have time to chat as i needed to run. come join us in our thread to chat. ur boy is very good. and he takes after u alot!

Melody- how often is ur playclub? i'm gonna take sidney for the trial soon. so we can arrange to meet after the sessions at forum. we can have coffee (either at forum/dempsey) and send the boys to the playground!

haha, shauna, u make mistake again.. hehe.. charmmama is melody's sister. her's is daughter. i think u din get to see her.
the boy n mum u met is another person... frm melody's son's playgroup..

melody: if today nobody's gg taka, then i'll prob stay at home all day.. u can pop by my plc.

shirley: how? if today not gg, then i'll be home le... u can come over my plc when u r free.

Btw, Toy's R Us is having sale... so many things to buy... hehe. but all dun suit me as it's minimum 6mths n above stuffs.. I saw the brochure in today's ST.

Thanks melody for opening up your house to us. It was good to meet up to chit chat with other mums & our lovely mum-to-be
happy.gif
Next time, hopefully the WMs can join us, maybe for petrina's 1mth celebrations.

Angela: all the best to a smooth delivery and hope to see you back in 'action' here when you're able to.

Petrina: Make sure you get your gynae's approval if you intend to take that tea, it's not something to take 'for fun'. Today raining le, maybe you should go down to Taka tmr with angel or your hb?

sleek: ya. nobody accompany me today. i'll prob meet angel n go tmr...
hb may drink wif his campmates tonight.. today is last day of reservist...

angela: wish u smooth delivery...
happy.gif

petrina-better check with ur gynae hor. it has been rumoured to trigger contractions and the pain can be intense.
u still thinkin of renting chalet for ur full month ah?

charmmam- yup, sorry had to run. im sure we would have a chance.

shauna: not sure. i cant manage to book any chalet... prob do at my plc if no function rooms avail near my area..
i wanna try.. cause i really buay tahan liao.. my waterbag is so thick tat no matter wat i do also nv burst...

last sat gynae did dilation check, few of my frens got spotting or bleed abit.. i totally no reaction... not even mild spotting...
sad.gif

i dunno when i'll deliver if i wait for waterbag to burst...

Darling: Dun mention... If there is mummies down here willing to give you any items, i or my sis can help you to fetch down... But muz buy me coffee hor... "Jus Kidding"

Petrina: See you later..

CharmMama: Nice meeting you... Especially your cutie daughter...

Shauna: Nice meeting you and your handsome prince too...

Melody: Sms you but never receive your reply... Thanks for welcome us to mess up your place...

petrina- haha. yah me too. i was waitin to give birth until my neck was so long. then on the edd, i went to the gynae n casually hinted i wanted to be induced. keke

i was dilated 2 cm before my edd n i happily admitted myself to hospital (coz i THOUGHT i had contractions, i must have dreamed it. darn) n spent like i cant remmeber how much to sleep there for one nite n then got discharged n went home to wait somemore.

yah do at ur own place better. like what shirley said, its really more convenient. then ur relatives can clear up the mess too.

shirley- so cordial. who looks after ur sons for u?

shauna: my gynae not pro inducing...
sad.gif
but i hint to him many times liao.. hope if i havent pop by tmr, sat appt time he'll induce me..

contractions, had some this morn.. pelvis pressure n all. but so sian. squat until leg numb liao.. also no use.

hb dun wan do at home cause he say may be messy.. but i did think it's more convenient mah. we're doing headcount first. if lesser than certain amt ppl, then we'll do at home.

Shauna: 1 left at my MIL place & 1 left at my mum's place...

Hi Mummies, just wanna check, anyone can help Darling's Friend? Cause my sis actually pass her the items yesterday and stay quite awhile at her mum's place... She really need help and look pity... Somehow heard from my sis that the gal "Joanne" actually delivered a premature bb... Poor thing...

Petrina: I have to divide the bb things into half, okie? I spared some to Darling's Friend "Joanne"...

Petrina: I will pass you some too..

Darling: Sorry i can't give you all, cause i already promised Petrina to give her the items actally... Do let me know what items your friend still need... Then i pack the things...

Shirley: Sorry. Pls email me your address and I send you the swim diapers.

Was rushing a publication deadline this past week so not able to follow the thread much less join in the gathering. Hope there'll be another one soon.

Hey, so Angela delivered today right? Any details? Any plans to visit?

Taka Baby Fair, anyone want to go on Sat? I can't make it 2mr PM due to mtg at wk... Also wasn't able to go to JL preview sale either last 3 days... :-(

Okay, gotta go. You all take care.

so sianz... another mummy popped.. same edd as me de.. y my boy dun wan come out...
sad.gif

I was hoping to be able to experience the whole thing.. bloody show, waterbag burst, etc...
if he still so comfy after today, tmr morn gynae appt, i think i'll request for pill insertion liao. angry wif him manz...

i'll prob go taka ltr.. hb is at home wif me.

sleek: nepia is the M size de mah? too big for me to buy now..

shirley: u din call me yesterday.. i may go out ltr. u call me. i wun be ard my lappy tat often.

shirley- its great u have somone to give u hand. if not, gimme 3 kids and i will collapse.

petrina- nepia newborn can oni be ordered direct from supplier, cannot be found in ntuc. $15 per pkt, 60pcs i think for NB size.

sleek- i'm still using nepia(coz we always order in excess), n sidney has been using it since birth, but it started to leak (n mind u, we change him every 3hours) when he started to turn 10mths. do any mommies here suffer the same problem? pampers active seems to be better for him.

Hi Shauna,
His class is on Tues/ Thurs @Forum frm 2-4pm ... if you are at forum, come look for us at Studio 1... cos i always put my hp in the bag ...
I used pampers & mamy poko (+ goon & Merries) for my boy since birth but ever since he's started walking i have switched him to mamy poko pants totally & lately I tried Pampers pull up but he ended up with abit of a rashes. Since then i have not used pampers, just mamy poko but last 2 days, his pull up leaked so I'm not sure if it's because of his roti prata sleeping style or the diaper too full ... we usually change him around 11pm+ n it usually last till the next day 11+!! heee ...

Shirley, what does the mummy need for her baby? I can go check what i have ...cos most of my son's stuff are being reserved liao.. but if i have something she needs, i don't mind passing it on..
happy.gif

shauna: I haven't encountered that problem yet, normally I only change my son's diapers 3-4 times per day, sometimes he only pees once after 5 hours.

Also I am not sure if nepia is giving him diaper rash on his buttocks or it's the acidity level of his poo due to his bottom 2 teeth breaking through or the poo and the diaper are reacting.

petrina,
tell your gynae you want to induce lah. You're paying mah...

let us know if you'll really be inducing. how dilated are you?

Melody05: Thanks, boy clothings also okie for her... As she can save on Milk Formula money...
Anyway doctor says due to her stress, she can't produce BM... Poor thing...

Here
is the items that she needs...

- Pram [For Newborn Onwards]
- Baby Clothes
- Bed Rail [As she only have Single Bed at Home, so she need a bed rail in order to share the bed with the baby]
- Diapers
- Baby Blanket
- Baby Playpen / Cot

Any others items, kindly post and i ask her whether she need it...

There is a web link you can post in case we mess up this side...

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/cgi-bin/forumboard/show.cgi?449169/1284590

Mamypoko offer too at $22.90 for jumbo pack, huggies ultra $13.80, huggies pull up $15.95, all at NTUC.
Btw ladies, I try out the GOON diapers, not bad, cutting pretty big and can hold through the night, can buy if another promotion offer again.

Hi Sleek,
Merries can get from Isetan if i'm not wrong ... but i feel mamy poko is still the better of them all .. Goon is not bad but same as merries (I feel) cos Goon leaked on me too!! Maybe my son is too wrigglely ...
happy.gif

PD: Ok, will go check out what i have ...
happy.gif

melody- i have not booked the date for trial, will call n check n let u know in advance. did hear abt some babies encountering rashes with pampers. but my son got tough backside. no rash before.

Today, tried to get Nepia from Bt Merah's NTUC but only one lone pack of L. How to buy when it's twin pack offer? Sigh, tomorrow have to go Nepia hunting in the West.

Anyway, now switched to Mammy Poko Pantz for nite and my princess wears from 9pm-8am without any accident. Material is really cottony soft too. Think now on offer as well. But Huggies Ultra (Hug Flex) has better deal L52pcs for abt $21. Can exchange two barcodes for bath toy too. But Huggies is not as soft as Nepia or Mammy Poko.

Btw, 2mr Agape Little Uni @ NTU Alumni Club's 7th flr (near MOE @ Buona Vista) has Open House 2mr from 10am-2pm. They are open to public and part of 5 centres. Have fr infant care to K2 classes + b4 & after sch care as well. Website: http://www.agapelittleuni.com/ Tel: 67790801 and here's link to map from StreetDirectory.Com -- http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_31398/travel_site_143154/

Think got special offer if sign up 2mr. Can mention my name as referee too. PM me for more details.

Mommies looking to help others, can take note of the following websites:

1) Pass It On -- donate your preloved items. www.passiton.org.sg

2) BB Sharity Gift Box -- only open during Christmas but on their website you still can find wishes from the disadvantaged that has yet to find donors. See if there's something you like to sponsor http://www.bbsgb.org.sg/collection.html

For the fun of it, here are some sites I like to bring to your attention -- especially as I've been working very hard on these projects! (Sigh)

1) We are Married! -- nationwide activities to celebrate marriage including the Biggest Wedding Card. Send in your photos if you want to share. Also got Marriage Convention with interesting talks -- www.wearemarried.com.sg

2) Family Festival 2008 -- Free lunchtime talks by TOUCH Family Services from 25-26 March at City Hall to Tanjong Pagar. http://www.tcs.org.sg/events/events_upcoming.html

melody, melodius was the 1 who asked about merries
happy.gif

kidz: normally pull-ups are more exp than diapers and you let your princess use for night, why not just use MP diapers?

i'm seeing gynae tmr morn @ 9am.. will inform u all if my request for pill dilating insertion is successful...
if gynae insist on not inserting pill to dilate, i'll prob not pop tmr. cause i walked whole day today liao.. non-stop.. waterbag also no reaction...
sad.gif

shirley: i'm ok if u pass the stuffs to PD's fren.. she needs it more than me.
happy.gif

Sleek, she's a real wiggly worm -- diaper changing is like a wrestling match with her. Such case, pull ups makes the task easier. She's also on her feet and happier. Tell you, she comes back with her diaper tape (gave infant care Nepia for her) "unbalance" quite a few times so can figure her carers also doing Wrestlemania with her -- and losing!!

But we're really impressed with Mammy Poko's softness -- even the elastised waist for the pull ups also not stiff, doesn't "eat" into baby's flesh.

Petrina, saying a prayer for you. Don't stress okay. Must remember that 'stressed' spelt backwards is actually 'd-e-s-s-e-r-t-s'!

Back