IVF in 2021?

Honestly I didn’t ask…I didn’t really wanna ask this time round cos I feel it affected me last time round. the embryosist and dr phoon just told me they thaw and expanded and they seems to be better than the last two I transferred.
When they were frozen in June it was grade B and C if I never remember wrong one day 5 one day 6
Yes agree that hearing the Grade will really affect our thinking. I was so demoralized from my previous two transfer as the quality are always at the C range. I am always too focus on the grade. Anyway, smooth pregnancy and hope to join u soon...haha.

Hi everyone,
I have done two egg retrieval at private fertility using 2 times, unfortunately i still don't have embryos.
Would like to ask you guys, if i switch to KK hospital for my 3rd try, will i get subsided? I have used two times medisave at private clinic.
Thanks advanced.
Yes you will get to enjoy the govt cofunding if u switch to govt hospital. Govt cofunding entitled up to 3 fresh and 3 frozen cycles in govt hospital. On top of tat, u can oso use ur medisave to pay the remaining amt provided u have not exhausted 15k. I had done 3 fresh cycles and 2 frozen in KKH and I did not pay a single cent out of pocket.

Yes you will get to enjoy the govt cofunding if u switch to govt hospital. Govt cofunding entitled up to 3 fresh and 3 frozen cycles in govt hospital. On top of tat, u can oso use ur medisave to pay the remaining amt provided u have not exhausted 15k. I had done 3 fresh cycles and 2 frozen in KKH and I did not pay a single cent out of pocket.
Thank you very much. I'm considering to switch to KKH if i plan to try 3rd time.

Hi, I’m new to the forum. Had a miscarriage few months ago (first pregnancy), hub & I decided that we should go for ivf next month since we’re not young . Anyone has experience with Prof SC Ng from Sincere ivf?

Also would like to know is their lab reputable? Timely update fr their embryologist team?

hi all, been TTC-ing for a year and expecting to see Dr Yu at SGH but my appointment got pushed back :( does anyone know what the estimated waiting time for IVF at SGH is?

Hi all,

Just to check with you ladies, how many eggs do your have during your scans? What did the doctor say about your risks of OHSS? And did your have OHSS in the end?

I just did my 2nd scan at KKH on day 8 of injections. There were at least 13 eggs on each ovary. The doctor said that I'm at risk of OHSS. They recommended to come back next cycle to do FET. Not too sure if this is good/bad news. Haha.

If anyone has similar experiences or advise, welcome to hear from you! Thank you.

Hi all,

Just to check with you ladies, how many eggs do your have during your scans? What did the doctor say about your risks of OHSS? And did your have OHSS in the end?

I just did my 2nd scan at KKH on day 8 of injections. There were at least 13 eggs on each ovary. The doctor said that I'm at risk of OHSS. They recommended to come back next cycle to do FET. Not too sure if this is good/bad news. Haha.

If anyone has similar experiences or advise, welcome to hear from you! Thank you.
I have the similar situation as u. I oso have ard 13eggs for each side of my ovary for two of my fresh cycles. I jus listen to doctor and go for FET. They oso told me risk of OHSS. In the end I din have it. But to be safe, better listen to doctor cos OHSS maybe life threatening and will get very sick. And oso doctor say FET actually has a higher chance of success. So dun treat it as a bad news...

Hi all,

I have similar experience too.. just listen to the doctor after all they should know the best :)

hi all, been TTC-ing for a year and expecting to see Dr Yu at SGH but my appointment got pushed back :( does anyone know what the estimated waiting time for IVF at SGH is?
Personally not recommend SGH for IVF. So much rush, they don’t follow timing. Lot of waiting time. For IVF, timing is the matter. We wasted so much money and energy at sgh and then moved to private.

I have the similar situation as u. I oso have ard 13eggs for each side of my ovary for two of my fresh cycles. I jus listen to doctor and go for FET. They oso told me risk of OHSS. In the end I din have it. But to be safe, better listen to doctor cos OHSS maybe life threatening and will get very sick. And oso doctor say FET actually has a higher chance of success. So dun treat it as a bad news...

What are the number of eggs retrieved during ET, and the number of Day 5 Blastocysts that your have that's viable to be frozen in the end? This could give us a flavour of the eggs to blastocysts rate. Haha

Some people recommended acupuncture in conjunction with the treatments. (Though chinese medicine usually have to start months before to prepare your body). Did your go for it? And does it help?

What are the number of eggs retrieved during ET, and the number of Day 5 Blastocysts that your have that's viable to be frozen in the end? This could give us a flavour of the eggs to blastocysts rate. Haha

Some people recommended acupuncture in conjunction with the treatments. (Though chinese medicine usually have to start months before to prepare your body). Did your go for it? And does it help?

My blastocyst rate is generally very low. I got 23 retreived tis round but only 2 made it to blastocyst. But it differs with ppl. Some ppl have lesser retrieved but have more blastocyst in the end. I change to private this round so they discard those very low grade de. Las time at kkh, even grade C blastocyst they oso freeze for me.

Last round I did acunpture when I was still at KKH but it din work for me. Have only 2 morulae at day 5 which failed. So this round I nv go TCM at all. But I still achieve better blastocyst grading.

Hi all,

Hi dear! My 1st fresh cycle i had 17 eggs and had OHSS which caused me to unable to pee or poop for 2-3 days. But i still go ahead with the transfer but failed.

2nd fresh cycle, i had 24 eggs retrieve and no OHSS symptoms at all. I was pretty strict with my intakes. Daily fresh warm soyamilk with no sugar, eggs & chicken for protein, no cold drinks & warm compress on belly before transfer day. I was able to walk n go for dinner after egg retrieval this cycle. Dr was surprised despite large amount of eggs and manage to get pregnant that cycle. Felt a pinch on my right pelvic after 30mins egg transfer in. I still have 1 grade A & 8 grade B eggs frozen & keen to do another round early next year. LO is currently 4 months plus.. wonder if they allow it.. hmm..

Ive made a blog that i recorded my journey for both ivf cycles. U can click on my biopage under About -> Website

Last edited:
Hi ladies anyone,anyone did 2 frozen transfer with successful pregnancy of twins or miscarriage with one or both?How does the body feels like?I have two 4bc frozen embryos. Should I transfer both or just one.I need some advice.

Hi ladies anyone,anyone did 2 frozen transfer with successful pregnancy of twins or miscarriage with one or both?How does the body feels like?I have two 4bc frozen embryos. Should I transfer both or just one.I need some advice.
Did the doc advise u to put 1 or 2? I would listen to the doctor. And if u can handle twins? For me, I will take into consideration the quality of embryos. I previously transferred 2 grade C blastocysts but both failed to implant. This round I transferred 1 5AB and in 2ww. Doc advise me to transferred 1 and I followed.

I had transferred 2 (3BB & 4CC) as per doc's advice, but lost pregnancy in 6th week. Don't know if only one got implanted or both. Follow what your doc suggests.

I did 2, an early blast and a blast. Both implanted but it was challenging because with ivf already has a higher tendency for bleeding, my bleeding was very bad and had to do bedrest for most of my trimester 1. Coupled with very bad morning sickness which lasted till I gave birth, I was hospitalised for both the bleeding and morning sickness in the early pregnancy because their heartbeats were a bit worrying. Ultimately my pregnancy stabilised and everything went ok. If your body cannot take it, then you need to reconsider because my gynae did tell me I could either keep both, lose one or lose both given the circumstances of my early pregnancy.

Hi ladies. Even though I don't have red eggs to share, but I hope to share the baby dust with you all.

I was still active in the forum earlier this year as I was going through my supposed last subsidised cycle of IVF as we were close to using all 15k of the MediSave withdrawal limit. So we saw this as our last attempt at and we had gone through 1 fresh, 2 FETs before this final fresh cycle. What I did to prepare was mainly taking CoQ10 and tried my best to avoid cold drinks and had a bit of red dates tea occasionally because prior to that I loved cold drinks. Low ovarian reserve with endo and also am 36 already this year.

Our last fresh cycle only had 3 fertilized embryos but by transfer day, we were left with 1 good blastocyst, 1 that was barely making it and 1 that didn't make it at all. We were made to decide right there and then if we wanted to transfer the 1 that was barely making it as well but we decided to just go ahead and transfer the 1 good blastocyst in the end. I knew if we were to be blessed with twins, I would have a hard time and I may risk a lot because of my health and I didn't want to risk the babies either. Luckily for us, this one blastocyst implanted and I just delivered my baby recently.

I've been with SGH Dr Yong TT all these while and she's also the one who saw me through my pregnancy and delivered my baby. I have to agree that the waiting time at SGH CARE can be very long at times because of how small the clinic is and they seem to be having more patients during my last consultation with them and also when I visited them today to inform them of my baby's birth. But the staff and nurses there have taken such good care of my husband & I during our journey with them that I don't regret all the time I spent waiting because during tough times the nurses have been the most reassuring. I know some ladies may not like the pace at how they get things done and the rush they feel there most times.

Especially if you're seeing Dr Yong TT, be prepared that the nurses may need to head over to the other clinic to look for her because she also sees a lot of patients at the OGC side and it's playing the waiting game at times. They don't automatically tell you the grades and whatnot that I often see other ladies post about here. Through my 2+ years with them, I never knew what grade my embryos were and I didn't really ask either.

I haven't been actively checking private messages here ever since I got pregnant because I was mostly feeling unwell, but if you have any questions and I can help to answer, don't hesitate to drop me a message.

Good luck to all the strong ladies and baby dust to all. :)

Last edited:
Hi ladies. Even though I don't have red eggs to share, but I hope to share the baby dust with you all.

I was still active in the forum earlier this year as I was going through my supposed last subsidised cycle of IVF as we were close to using all 15k of the MediSave withdrawal limit. So we saw this as our last attempt at and we had gone through 1 fresh, 2 FETs before this final fresh cycle. What I did to prepare was mainly taking CoQ10 and tried my best to avoid cold drinks and had a bit of red dates tea occasionally because prior to that I loved cold drinks. Low ovarian reserve with endo and also am 36 already this year.

Our last fresh cycle only had 3 fertilized embryos but by transfer day, we were left with 1 good blastocyst, 1 that was barely making it and 1 that didn't make it at all. We were made to decide right there and then if we wanted to transfer the 1 that was barely making it as well but we decided to just go ahead and transfer the 1 good blastocyst in the end. I knew if we were to be blessed with twins, I would have a hard time and I may risk a lot because of my health and I didn't want to risk the babies either. Luckily for us, this one blastocyst implanted and I just delivered my baby recently.

I've been with SGH Dr Yong TT all these while and she's also the one who saw me through my pregnancy and delivered my baby. I have to agree that the waiting time at SGH CARE can be very long at times because of how small the clinic is and they seem to be having more patients during my last consultation with them and also when I visited them today to inform them of my baby's birth. But the staff and nurses there have taken such good care of my husband & I during our journey with them that I don't regret all the time I spent waiting because during tough times the nurses have been the most reassuring. I know some ladies may not like the pace at how they get things done and the rush they feel there most times.

Especially if you're seeing Dr Yong TT, be prepared that the nurses may need to head over to the other clinic to look for her because she also sees a lot of patients at the OGC side and it's playing the waiting game at times. They don't automatically tell you the grades and whatnot that I often see other ladies post about here. Through my 2+ years with them, I never knew what grade my embryos were and I didn't really ask either.

I haven't been actively checking private messages here ever since I got pregnant because I was mostly feeling unwell, but if you have any questions and I can help to answer, don't hesitate to drop me a message.

Congratulations! Happy for you

Hi all, we are going to try naturally for next 3 months as Dr Loh gave some supplement to strength my husband sperm. So if I don’t get pregnant naturally by January 2022. We will decide to do IVF w SF Loh. Anyone has any idea how long does it take for Dr Loh to prescribe medication/ injection for IVF if we agree to it? Or what preparation should I be aware of?

Hi, anyone has experience with Dr Jessie Phoon from KKH for IVF? Have 1 failed SO-IUI cycle and am PCOS. Jus booked KKH appt in Dec under Dr Jessie.

Is there a group chat for IVF ?

Hello all, I’m new to this forum and going through ivf now. Will just like to share my journey.

I have a baby boy whose turning 4 soon, conceived naturally rather quickly after married. He’s a c sect baby and apparently there’s a scar in my uterus due to c sect :(
I didn’t know that would be a cause to my infertility. We were ttc-ing for 2 years before we consulted kkh in July 2020.

Went through 2 SO-iui And failed. :(
Going through ivf now and at 5 days post transfer at this moment. I had 18 follicles, 12 eggs retrieved, 10 out of 12 were successfully fertilized through icsi and 5 went into blastocyst stage. I had 1 embyro transfered but unfortunately all the rest didn’t make it so none of them get to freeze :(

anyone else going through ivf right now? And in their 2ww? Any symptom?

Last edited:
Hi ladies! I just joint the groupe I hope I’m welcome here ! Im following fertility treatment in private clinic i just did IUI no success now I’m planning to do the IVF but in the gov as there is subsides . I have been told that I need the referral. My question is does my doctor can refer me to the gov hospital or I have to go the polyclinic for referral ?

Hi all, we are going to try naturally for next 3 months as Dr Loh gave some supplement to strength my husband sperm. So if I don’t get pregnant naturally by January 2022. We will decide to do IVF w SF Loh. Anyone has any idea how long does it take for Dr Loh to prescribe medication/ injection for IVF if we agree to it? Or what preparation should I be aware of?
Once you decide to start, if there are not issues, can start the time you get your period.

Hi ladies! I just joint the groupe I hope I’m welcome here ! Im following fertility treatment in private clinic i just did IUI no success now I’m planning to do the IVF but in the gov as there is subsides . I have been told that I need the referral. My question is does my doctor can refer me to the gov hospital or I have to go the polyclinic for referral ?
If u want to choose a specific dr in the govt hosp, u will have to be under pte class hence no need referral letter. Just call and make appt.

However if u want to be under subsidised class, u need to go polyclinic to get a referral letter.

Both can use govt grant and medisave if you qualify.

If u want to choose a specific dr in the govt hosp, u will have to be under pte class hence no need referral letter. Just call and make appt.

However if u want to be under subsidised class, u need to go polyclinic to get a referral letter.

Both can use govt grant and medisave if you qualify.
Thank you so much I’m foreigner but my husband is singaporean are we qualify ? And what is the different between Pte class and normal one is it the consultation price ?

Thank you so much I’m foreigner but my husband is singaporean are we qualify ? And what is the different between Pte class and normal one is it the consultation price ?
I went to a polyclinic for referral but is considered a private patient in kkh.
On subsidy, I think it depends on nationality. For singaporean and foreigner , I think it’s up to 35% and your husband can use his medisave to pay the rest. Do note that there’s also a cap.

I went to a polyclinic for referral but is considered a private patient in kkh.
On subsidy, I think it depends on nationality. For singaporean and foreigner , I think it’s up to 35% and your husband can use his medisave to pay the rest. Do note that there’s also a cap.
Yes you are right that what I found singapore citizen+foreigner couple 35% up to $3600. Thank you for your reply

Hello all, I’m new to this forum and going through ivf now. Will just like to share my journey.

I have a baby boy whose turning 4 soon, conceived naturally rather quickly after married. He’s a c sect baby and apparently there’s a scar in my uterus due to c sect :(
I didn’t know that would be a cause to my infertility. We were ttc-ing for 2 years before we consulted kkh in July 2020.

Went through 2 SO-iui And failed. :(
Going through ivf now and at 5 days post transfer at this moment. I had 18 follicles, 12 eggs retrieved, 10 out of 12 were successfully fertilized through icsi and 5 went into blastocyst stage. I had 1 embyro transfered but unfortunately all the rest didn’t make it so none of them get to freeze :(

anyone else going through ivf right now? And in their 2ww? Any symptom?

Hi hahacious, I’m in similar situation as u. Have 1 child conceived spontaneously, now going through IVF (1st round, fresh cycle, 5day blast transferred). 17 retreived, if I remember correctly 13 were fertilised, 7 went on blastocyst, 1 transferred but none of the remaining embryos was “good enough” to be frozen, sighs :( ngl, it was quite devastating.

Now on 2ww and I’m spotting quite badly. So worried that it’s an unsuccessful cycle… My beta test is on Tues.

Good luck and praying for the best for all us!

Hi hahacious, I’m in similar situation as u. Have 1 child conceived spontaneously, now going through IVF (1st round, fresh cycle, 5day blast transferred). 17 retreived, if I remember correctly 13 were fertilised, 7 went on blastocyst, 1 transferred but none of the remaining embryos was “good enough” to be frozen, sighs :( ngl, it was quite devastating.

Now on 2ww and I’m spotting quite badly. So worried that it’s an unsuccessful cycle… My beta test is on Tues.

Good luck and praying for the best for all us!
I feel you when the nurse called to say none made it to freezing stage :(
Good luck!! My beta test is this Thursday! Have you tested? I went ahead to test anyway and clear blue digital says I’m pregnant 1-2 but not getting my hope too high up until beta positive!

I feel you when the nurse called to say none made it to freezing stage :(
Good luck!! My beta test is this Thursday! Have you tested? I went ahead to test anyway and clear blue digital says I’m pregnant 1-2 but not getting my hope too high up until beta positive!

Hey that’s great news! Urs will be positive, dont worry :) Happy for u!

My spotting has turned into full AF, so yeah, I’m out for my 1st cycle. Didnt even get to do HPT. So my blood test tmr is a bit like redundant *dry laughs :rolleyes: anyways! I’m taking this in my stride and shall decide later on if I want to go for another fresh cycle.

Hey that’s great news! Urs will be positive, dont worry :) Happy for u!

My spotting has turned into full AF, so yeah, I’m out for my 1st cycle. Didnt even get to do HPT. So my blood test tmr is a bit like redundant *dry laughs :rolleyes: anyways! I’m taking this in my stride and shall decide later on if I want to go for another fresh cycle.

sorry to hear!!! Baby dust to us!!!

Congratulations, cloudxy

Me too, also at Sgh, also with Dr Yong TT.
Had two failed Fresh embryo transfers in 2020.
Still have 2 freezing embryos.
I'm planning for the Frozen embryo transfer in 2022. Also looking to transfer just 1 embryo at a time for 2022.

May your success be an inspiration to us :)

Congratulations, cloudxy

Me too, also at Sgh, also with Dr Yong TT.
Had two failed Fresh embryo transfers in 2020.
Still have 2 freezing embryos.
I'm planning for the Frozen embryo transfer in 2022. Also looking to transfer just 1 embryo at a time for 2022.

May your success be an inspiration to us :)
Good luck and baby dust to you! Meanwhile do what you can to prepare your body for the transfer. :)

Good luck and baby dust to you! Meanwhile do what you can to prepare your body for the transfer. :)
Agree on the preparing of body! Not sure if what i did helped but i drank tian yuan xiang pregnancy plan chicken essence while doing IVF. Gave it a shot since my friends recommended it to me, heard that it improves your body constitution!

Agree on the preparing of body! Not sure if what i did helped but i drank tian yuan xiang pregnancy plan chicken essence while doing IVF. Gave it a shot since my friends recommended it to me, heard that it improves your body constitution!
Someone told me to eat lots of eggs while preparing but I didn't. Couldn't stomach the idea of constantly eating eggs lol so I just simply take CoQ10 & red dates tea which are easier :p

I'm not sure if I should be worried.
I had my Beta test 12dp5pt and it was 599. I had a sharp pain - can't differentiate if it's a tummyache or cramp on day 13 night. And then i saw spotting on day 14.

The worried me went down to KKH emergency and the doctor found a polyp... and also did another beta test to ensure pregnancy is still going on.
Beta came back 1344 on 14dp5dt which is good news but I'm still encountering spotting though it's very light, in light shade of brown and sometimes with mucus. Barely filled 1/10 of a panty liner. Good news is that the bad cramp is gone but i do feel dull light cramp at night, and also a dull and boring feeling at the chest

Base on nurse, she said I'm 4 weeks+ and I had my 5 days embryo transferred on 13th Nov.

Anyone went through that before, the weird spotting and should I be worried or just ignore?

Last edited:
Hi anyone can advise which brand Coq10 ubiquinol to boost the egg quality?Brands that I can buy online or on the shelf.

Hi ladies, Im on my second fresh cycle. My planned ET was actually today, a day 3 tsf. Reports show that the embryos are all of pretty good quality. I had 16 eggs of which 11 were successfully fertilised. However, after some mulling over with my hubby, we decided to trust God & some lady luck, and push the embryos to grow to a day 5. What I understand is that day 5 blastos have a higher live birth rate. One of the reasons why I decided to do so was because I previously tsf a day 3 and it was BFN, despite the fact that it was a good grade one. Frankly feeling quite down and lost now as I'm not sure did I make a wise move. The cruel reality is that not all great day 3 embryos can make it to day 5 so Im risking not having any embryo for transfer at all. Any ladies here have had similar situation as mine? Did you ladies have average-Grade day 5 transfer but successfully BFP?

Hi ladies, Im on my second fresh cycle. My planned ET was actually today, a day 3 tsf. Reports show that the embryos are all of pretty good quality. I had 16 eggs of which 11 were successfully fertilised. However, after some mulling over with my hubby, we decided to trust God & some lady luck, and push the embryos to grow to a day 5. What I understand is that day 5 blastos have a higher live birth rate. One of the reasons why I decided to do so was because I previously tsf a day 3 and it was BFN, despite the fact that it was a good grade one. Frankly feeling quite down and lost now as I'm not sure did I make a wise move. The cruel reality is that not all great day 3 embryos can make it to day 5 so Im risking not having any embryo for transfer at all. Any ladies here have had similar situation as mine? Did you ladies have average-Grade day 5 transfer but successfully BFP?
Hi. I succeeded before with a grade B blastocyst and also day 2 grade 4 embryo. Can I know what is the grade of the day 3 embryo tat doctor say is of good grade? For me I feel tat grade does play a role. I transferred grade C before but failed. Did Doctor tell u how many embryos u have as of today?

Hi. I succeeded before with a grade B blastocyst and also day 2 grade 4 embryo. Can I know what is the grade of the day 3 embryo tat doctor say is of good grade? For me I feel tat grade does play a role. I transferred grade C before but failed. Did Doctor tell u how many embryos u have as of today?

Hi kimchi-ger,

Thanks for the response.. I'm doing mine at kkh.. I think different different hospitals having varied grading scale. my day 3 embryos are mostly Grade 4 of which one is grade 3. My doctor in charge said grade 5 is the highest. Yup, she told me I have 10 embryos as of today. For my first cycle, I tsf a grade 4 day 3 embryo but it wasn't successful so I thought this round I go for a blasto day 5, bearing in mind that at least my embryos are good grades at day 3, so I still have some chances. Not sure if I'm having too much hopes for it as I could end up having nothing to tsf in worse case scenario.

Hi everyone, I am new here. I had done 3 cycles and got only 4 blastocyst. I would like to ask if the higher grade will ensure the higher chance to get pregnant ? I have 1 3aa 3ab 4bb and 4bc. Our hope now is the 3aa & 3ab.

Back