IVF in 2021?

Nope… just told him undergoing some medical treatment for which will be away from work few hours during 2 wks… wasn’t entirely off from work the entire period though… just took some hours off during 2ww… So wondering how will he react if needed the same arrangement next time
Ya.. i am also wondering what to say to my boss for the next cycle.. sigh.. here we are trying to increase birth rates but in reality the stigma in real working world... :rolleyes:haha..

If you don’t mind can share your AMH level ? So that we can plan based on your case. Thanks
Sure! My amh is 0.5..
But honestly i don't think there can be enough planning, all we need is that 1 strike, like what ladies here have kindly mentioned, whenever you feel ready..;) just need to prep your bod with all the necessary prenatal vitamins etc at least 1 month before though..

I did my first IVF in May 2021. As expected, failed. Only 1 egg extracted & fertilized, however, Dr said it is not good quality. Therefore, no embryo was done and my first cycle ended.

I am very sad. :( I've been telling myself : the most I will go for 3 cycles. However, for this result, I am wondering if I still want to try for more.
Hey.. my egg quality wasnt really good either.. my doc says to keep trying for that 1 miracle.. (though we dont know by when n burning wallet)..

For myself, think i will try to "tiao" my body for 3mths before next cycle..
I was also thinking of just trying ivf for max 3 times as well.. i mean at least we tried our best right?:)

Hey.. my egg quality wasnt really good either.. my doc says to keep trying for that 1 miracle.. (though we dont know by when n burning wallet)..

I was also thinking of just trying ivf for max 3 times as well.. i mean at least we tried our best right?:)
I used to tell myself I probably will only try 3 times but ended up I've done 5 fresh cycles..

I kept telling myself, "eyes on the prize!" Don't care about the process!

Hope this can motivate u ladies as well!

Fighting!

Ya.. i am also wondering what to say to my boss for the next cycle.. sigh.. here we are trying to increase birth rates but in reality the stigma in real working world... :rolleyes:haha..
Absolutely… and it doesn’t help if the boss is unmarried..lol . So thought best not to share details. Was even thinking of quitting job and get a break during the next cycle, but then may be will get bored and even more depressed if no other engagement

Not sure about your work culture but if possible, best to inform boss. If not it will be even harder I feel

I used to tell myself I probably will only try 3 times but ended up I've done 5 fresh cycles..

Fighting!

Thanks for the motivation. With age catching up fast, really worried till how many cycles can continue

How old are u now? I started in early 30s, now late 30s already
emoji25.png

Fighting!

You are really a fighter! Hahahaha!
We might need so time to relieve and recover from the previous failure…

You are really a fighter! Hahahaha!
We might need so time to relieve and recover from the previous failure…
Yup definitely need time. If I rem correctly, I only do 2 transfers each year.. cos also dont have alot of HL to keep taking. Each time I will fully utilised the 2 weeks HL

Nope… just told him undergoing some medical treatment for which will be away from work few hours during 2 wks… wasn’t entirely off from work the entire period though… just took some hours off during 2ww… So wondering how will he react if needed the same arrangement next time
Then did u take HL or leave or MC? Do you have OHSS? I feel.. because the $$ spent is a lot I think we should be entitled for a break to chill from work, but I’m in dilemma because I did that during my 2WW and feel more stress because everyday I keep thinking will stick or not and do all the research about it, if I were to work, maybe it will help distract me abit.

Got married at 31, then 3 years never planned for a baby. Started planning at 34, had one failed IUI ,then naturally conceived thrice but miscarried. So finally at 37 started IVF journey
Did u ask doc about the MC? If need to do any generic testing etc I think you qualify for PGS/PGT for your IVF. That will give u a higher success rate!

Then did u take HL or leave or MC? Do you have OHSS? I feel.. because the $$ spent is a lot I think we should be entitled for a break to chill from work, but I’m in dilemma because I did that during my 2WW and feel more stress because everyday I keep thinking will stick or not and do all the research about it, if I were to work, maybe it will help distract me abit.
I took partial HL and was working for about 2-3 hours per day, attending crucial meetings to minimise the impact at work. Told boss won’t be able to work full capacity during the tww and will only attend to high priority tasks. So not sure if can do the same during next cycles, lol… boss won’t be too happy for sure.
Ya I too felt if complete break from work, may drive myself crazy overthinking and over - analysing.. was literally googling most of the time whenever taking rest during 2ww. So think for me better to keep myself occupied, need to see how to manage expectations at work next cycle. I didn’t have OHSS, just very tired and sleepy sometimes… felt better after nap

Did u ask doc about the MC? If need to do any generic testing etc I think you qualify for PGS/PGT for your IVF. That will give u a higher success rate!
My doc said PGS / PGT also not 100 % guarantee of successful implantation always… though may reduce chances of failure.. feel nothing in IVF world is for sure. Just keep trying and take chances
May be if go for next fresh cycle , will aak for it again. For now , next step is FET

Sure! My amh is 0.5..
But honestly i don't think there can be enough planning, all we need is that 1 strike, like what ladies here have kindly mentioned, whenever you feel ready..;) just need to prep your bod with all the necessary prenatal vitamins etc at least 1 month before though..
Got it. Thanks for sharing

I did my first IVF in May 2021. As expected, failed. Only 1 egg extracted & fertilized, however, Dr said it is not good quality. Therefore, no embryo was done and my first cycle ended.

I am very sad. :( I've been telling myself : the most I will go for 3 cycles. However, for this result, I am wondering if I still want to try for more.

I got a feeling my scenario will be the same like yours. I consulted the sgh gynae and did an amh. Result is low. The gynae told me they have to extract at least 10 good quality eggs but for me , maybe only 1 egg can be extracted and not of good quality type.

So I am quite hesitant to go IVF. But my hubby is ok to fork out a sum to try IVF even if it doesn't work out in the end, at least we tried.

Just 'complete' your three cycles. I heard many are successful after 2nd attempt.

I got a feeling my scenario will be the same like yours. I consulted the sgh gynae and did an amh. Result is low. The gynae told me they have to extract at least 10 good quality eggs but for me , maybe only 1 egg can be extracted and not of good quality type.

So I am quite hesitant to go IVF. But my hubby is ok to fork out a sum to try IVF even if it doesn't work out in the end, at least we tried.

Just 'complete' your three cycles. I heard many are successful after 2nd attempt.

How low is your AMH? Sometimes low AMH does not mean poor responder to stimulation. If your doctor is good and with close monitoring of growth during stimulation period, can try to grow and mature all your antral follicle count.

Why need 10 good quality eggs? I think my best is about 6 or 7 only

How low is your AMH? Sometimes low AMH does not mean poor responder to stimulation. If your doctor is good and with close monitoring of growth during stimulation period, can try to grow and mature all your antral follicle count.
Yes I agree with you. It really depends on your doc how good is he/she? Throughout my eggs stimulation journey, my dose was adjusted 3x.

Hi ladies,

I just began my IVF journey with KKH & currently on injection (Puregon) Day 5. As I'm new to this, I'm just wondering when will I get to see the gynae in this journey? Do I have a choice not to undergo fresh embryo transfer the first round or will the gynae decide for me (my friend said it's the latter)? So I'm kinda worried. I'm scheduled for a scan on 18th June & probably egg retrieval on 21 June according to the nurse. Do I only get to see the gynae on retrieval day to discuss my options? Also, have anyone had a successful pregnancy the first time doing fresh transfer?

Hi ladies,

I just began my IVF journey with KKH & currently on injection (Puregon) Day 5. As I'm new to this, I'm just wondering when will I get to see the gynae in this journey? Do I have a choice not to undergo fresh embryo transfer the first round or will the gynae decide for me (my friend said it's the latter)? So I'm kinda worried. I'm scheduled for a scan on 18th June & probably egg retrieval on 21 June according to the nurse. Do I only get to see the gynae on retrieval day to discuss my options? Also, have anyone had a successful pregnancy the first time doing fresh transfer?

You will not see your gynae-in-charge until ER and ET. You will only see a resident/doc-on-duty after your scan on 18th June to review how your follicles are responding. I don't think you have a choice whether or not to do a fresh transfer unless it's for reasons (which I can think of right now) such as:
A. Your doctor detected any polyps or abnormal growths in your uterus during the egg retrieval.
b. U have high OHSS from all the stimulations and become sick.
C. None of your eggs retrieved are suitable for fertilisation

If any of the above happens, your successfully fertilised embryos will be frozen ..

You will not see your gynae-in-charge until ER and ET. You will only see a resident/doc-on-duty after your scan on 18th June to review how your follicles are responding. I don't think you have a choice whether or not to do a fresh transfer unless it's for reasons (which I can think of right now) such as:
A. Your doctor detected any polyps or abnormal growths in your uterus during the egg retrieval.
b. U have high OHSS from all the stimulations and become sick.
C. None of your eggs retrieved are suitable for fertilisation

If any of the above happens, your successfully fertilised embryos will be frozen ..
Ahhh I see.. thanks for painting a clear picture for me! At least now with the info given, I can manage my expectations hahaha. Hope all is well for you!

Yes, now i am 'tiao-ing' my body. The doctor suggests taking CoQ10. Also seeking for treatment at Thong Cai.

Jia you to both of us!!!

Yes, at least try. No regret. Just.. maybe it's fate to have or not :)

Oh ok how about the frozen transfer and medication
Pte and govt price can be different so best to ask ur hosp. Storage fees for govt hosp should be cheaper also.

Anyway my pte side storage fees is about 1k 1 year not 1k a month so ex
Frozen cycle with meds and all about 6k for my dr

Hi all,
Just to check with you guys, if i wanna take the public route for IVF, what is the procedure?

Visit doctor at polyclinic and get a referral letter?

yes visit a polyclinic, not sure if you can choose among kkh, nuh or sgh. I got kkh.
Hi.. I am new here. Tried IUI x1 with private gynea- failed and also tried IVF (Frozen) x1- failed too.. now waiting for 2nd transfer...well.. The doctor in polyclinic did ask me whether I prefer KKH or NUH and I chose KKH. :)

Hi.. I am new here. Tried IUI x1 with private gynea- failed and also tried IVF (Frozen) x1- failed too.. now waiting for 2nd transfer...well.. The doctor in polyclinic did ask me whether I prefer KKH or NUH and I chose KKH. :)
May I know your AMH level? We also failed 3IUI at sgh and 2 at pte clinic. Plan to go fir IVF but doctor said AMH level not that low and can try natural or few more IUIs. My AMH is around 14.

May I know your AMH level? We also failed 3IUI at sgh and 2 at pte clinic. Plan to go fir IVF but doctor said AMH level not that low and can try natural or few more IUIs. My AMH is around 14.
Mine only 7.7 and my age is catching up plus I have PCOS. So think that's why the Doc didn't say much when I said I want to go straight IVF.

yes visit a polyclinic, not sure if you can choose among kkh, nuh or sgh. I got kkh.
Thanks for replying. So, at the polyclinic, just explain to the doctor during consultation the situation and get the referral letter?

Usually how long is the waiting time after getting the referral letter?

Thanks for replying. So, at the polyclinic, just explain to the doctor during consultation the situation and get the referral letter?

Usually how long is the waiting time after getting the referral letter?
Yup, explain to the doctor on your situation and you hope to go for IVF or IUI. Have you done pre-pregnancy examination? If not, they might ask you to do.

The appointment may take about 2-3 mths depends on when is the earliest slot for consultation, briefing and so on.. before you can official start your IVF which depends on your period cycle.

Back