IVF in 2021?

We plan to request doctor to do implantation after 2 cycles from egg retrieval. We wanted to do some detox diet and cool the body until then. Is it advisable?

you mean you back to KKH for quick check? I have the same problem. Bleed on 9dp5dt, I called the hotline they asked me to continue monitor and crinone insert. What pill they gave? Have you done ur blood test?
Hi babe, they gave me duphaston to help stabilize the womb. Sadly for me, it was actually the start of my period. After my bleeding increased, I called the clinic and they asked me to do the BT immediately. BT was negative.

i hope yours is only spotting and that it’s your baby telling you he/her is snuggling in well. Good luck !!

We plan to request doctor to do implantation after 2 cycles from egg retrieval. We wanted to do some detox diet and cool the body until then. Is it advisable?
Perhaps do 1 cycle and see the results 1st? If enough embryos then no need for 2nd cycle.

The lady body is better to be warm than cool for conception. Of cos not too warm though..

Hi babe, they gave me duphaston to help stabilize the womb. Sadly for me, it was actually the start of my period. After my bleeding increased, I called the clinic and they asked me to do the BT immediately. BT was negative.

i hope yours is only spotting and that it’s your baby telling you he/her is snuggling in well. Good luck !!

I think it is quite common to have period before bt if failed. I am failed too. Anyway, if it is failed no harm knowing it earlier… What is your next plan?

Perhaps do 1 cycle and see the results 1st? If enough embryos then no need for 2nd cycle.

The lady body is better to be warm than cool for conception. Of cos not too warm though..
Also a good idea. As you said depend on the number embryos. Will take into account

Hi Michelle and babydust,

Do you girls have heavier than usual menses this month? I'm very shocked and worried at the amount of my menses. Cramping quite a lot too.

Hi Ladies, did my first ivf fresh cycle at kkh:
  • low AMH/poor egg quality;
  • 8 retrieved, ET on D3, only 2 made it to (1d3 embryo and 1 morula);
  • currently 12dp3dt;
  • tested BFN on D8 and D11 - so I guess it's a goner for this cycle..
  • BT is scheduled this Friday - thinking whether to stop crinone (may delay period)..
Would it be better to rest for 1 cycle before starting the next?
I am also seriously considering to quit job because it would be very difficult to take another 3 weeks of HL too...

• currently 12dp3dt;
  • BT is scheduled this Friday - thinking whether to stop crinone (may delay period)..
I am also seriously considering to quit job because it would be very difficult to take another 3 weeks of HL too...
Usually better to let menses regulate b4 start next fresh. Cos the current cycle and the cycle next might be in total mess.

But up to your comfort level.

If you're financially strong then of cos can quit. But IVF can be quite expensive especially if need few cycles.. not say quit then will succeed and life might get even more boring.. Just my 2 cents worth

• currently 12dp3dt;
Hey, the kit test is BFN, but u don't have any bleeding yet, right? So still there's hope !!! Check with doc b4 stopping crinone.
Doesn't ur job allow WFH ?

• currently 12dp3dt;
i think i can understand how you feel..
I’m currently in my 2ww and i don’t think i will dare use the home kit to test, i’ll just wait for my BT early next week, I don’t feel pregnant, but the normal pre menstrual symptoms, so would not dare hope too much.

If really need to start another cycle (i don’t have embryos left to freeze), i will wait for abt 3 months, but it’s up to you. Reason is i want my body to recover and be in a better condition before i start again, hopefully better eggs next time.

I did contemplating quitting my job, but i’ll take one day at a time. A month worked, more money saved to try ivf. If you can alternate between wfh and in office, that’ll be great. I find cooping at home all the time also not healthy. Are your bosses understanding? maybe don’t have to take full 3 weeks of HL? How abt 1 weeks plus each time? i feel healthy to go back to work 3 days after ET.

Usually better to let menses regulate b4 start next fresh. Cos the current cycle and the cycle next might be in total mess.

But up to your comfort level.

If you're financially strong then of cos can quit. But IVF can be quite expensive especially if need few cycles.. not say quit then will succeed and life might get even more boring.. Just my 2 cents worth

heya! thanks for replying! noted on your advice and will check in with the nurses n doc on this as well..

Yea .. just wondering if "work stress" is ever a part on this as I have 2 miscarriages, 2 failed SO-IUIs and now this ivf cycle.. and also age is catching up..

Hey, the kit test is BFN, but u don't have any bleeding yet, right? So still there's hope !!! Check with doc b4 stopping crinone.
Doesn't ur job allow WFH ?

Heya! I don't have any bleeding yet.. but you know the temptations of browsing the internet for similar stories and well.. kinda lost hope..
Currently WFH but as you know the whole ivf process includes many hospital visits which doesn't really bodes well with my mgmt.. so its like stress from "work end" and "emotional/mental from ivf end"..

I’m currently in my 2ww and i don’t think i will dare use the home kit to test, i’ll just wait for my BT early next week, I don’t feel pregnant, but the normal pre menstrual symptoms, so would not dare hope too much.

If really need to start another cycle (i don’t have embryos left to freeze), i will wait for abt 3 months, but it’s up to you. Reason is i want my body to recover and be in a better condition before i start again, hopefully better eggs next time.

I did contemplating quitting my job, but i’ll take one day at a time. A month worked, more money saved to try ivf. If you can alternate between wfh and in office, that’ll be great. I find cooping at home all the time also not healthy. Are your bosses understanding? maybe don’t have to take full 3 weeks of HL? How abt 1 weeks plus each time? i feel healthy to go back to work 3 days after ET.

hello! Im also in my tww and going back early next week for BT! Im also telling myself not to do hpt but it’s so tempting! It’s gonna be my last try at ivf, hoping for the best for everyone!

Heya! I guess it's all dependent on individuals.. I thought testing on kits so that I can be "mentally" prepared ahead.. I don't feel pregnant as well.. guess I will know this Friday..

I'm thinking of TCM and acupuncture/tuina as well prior to the next cycle - they suggested the need to "tiao" 3 months ahead..

I didn't really mentioned anything on ivf to my boss cause its not really an understanding culture over at my work place.. so I think I shall also take on day at a time for now too..

I hope you have good news at the end of this 2ww though! ;)
good luck and +ve vibes!

• currently 12dp3dt;
It is probably good to rest for 1-2 cycles at least but again, whenever you feel that you are ready? I have read articles before that the medicines tend to stay in the system after each cycle for a while and may have an effect on the next cycle’s egg quality. Not sure if you believe it. My tcm physician usually does not allow me to do anything within 6 months of a previous failed cycle to allow everything to clear and reset. Poor egg quality can be overcomed. I have done it. You sure can too!

Good luck and bb dust to you aliciapx!

thanks babe! Same to you too! For me I say just do the hpt since test is on Friday. I know it’s very difficult to resist!
So far I did 2 fresh, 2 fet and currently on my 3rd fet 2ww.

1st fet - chemical preg (hpt positive but the line went from clear to faded)
2nd fet - positive but fetal pole no heartbeat, so d&c at wk11

same as you, my work culture is hectic and I have non understanding bosses and male dominated environment. I didn’t share with anyone as well. But since then I have decided to stop work early this year, just to rest my mental health and all hahaha and I’ve been enjoying it.

Yup can test already

I tested from monday morning till this morning today just before my beta hcg.
Used the cheap ones from David and Guardian. All 3 test kits showed a faint line. Beta hcg result came back at 102.8
Nurse on the phone said my hcg level is too low, need to be above 250.
Was prescribed oral progesterone to be taken twice a day. Will be back on Friday for a repeat test.
No spotting or bleeding symptom.
Has anyone had success even with such low hcg level ?
What else can i do to help support this pregnancy?

Last edited:

Do you girls have heavier than usual menses this month? I'm very shocked and worried at the amount of my menses. Cramping quite a lot too.
Yeah definitely a lot more this round. Prolly because of the progesterone support. I only had cramps initially when the bleeding increased but now no more. can’t wait for the bleeding to end. It’s a horrible reminder.

• currently 12dp3dt;
Hellooo I would suggest to continue with crinone because there’s still hope for you!! ;) I was also considering quitting my job because it can be quite stressful and I don’t want to burden my colleagues again when I have to go on HL. But I think after the first cycle, I kinda know how many days I need to rest? For e.g next cycle I might rest for 5 days after ER and then another 5 after ET, weekends included instead of taking the full 19 days HL. Could be worth trying instead of quitting your job. Unless you don’t need the money haha

My usual menses is light flow. This month yesterday more cramp, today is ok ady. Just that more clot than usual. I went blood test today but the nurse called and said my hcg level is not Low enough to show I am negative so have to go again this Friday @@…

Heya! I don't have any bleeding yet.. but you know the temptations of browsing the internet for similar stories and well.. kinda lost hope..
Currently WFH but as you know the whole ivf process includes many hospital visits which doesn't really bodes well with my mgmt.. so its like stress from "work end" and "emotional/mental from ivf end"..

please don give up and continue with crinone unless u saw ur menses. Always got chance…

Hellooo I would suggest to continue with crinone because there’s still hope for you!! ;) I was also considering quitting my job because it can be quite stressful and I don’t want to burden my colleagues again when I have to go on HL. But I think after the first cycle, I kinda know how many days I need to rest? For e.g next cycle I might rest for 5 days after ER and then another 5 after ET, weekends included instead of taking the full 19 days HL. Could be worth trying instead of quitting your job. Unless you don’t need the money haha

Work schedule is another stress. Even I am on HL but I still work at least two hours a day coz I don want to push my job to others. And now when the cycle is failed, gotto think ahead again. Sure alot of ppl is asking why u keep taking medical leave…

Used the cheap ones from David and Guardian. All 3 test kits showed a faint line. Beta hcg result came back at 102.8
Was prescribed oral progesterone to be taken twice a day. Will be back on Friday for a repeat test.

i have nvr seen a faint line nor obvious line bfr, so unable to advise any. But, all the best and wish you success! ❤️

Is this ur first try? Mind to share which hospital you are with?

I think there's nothing much u can do other than continue your support meds and hope the no. Will double and rise.

Talk to your embbie, tell him/her to be strong and grow well

I did my first IVF in May 2021. As expected, failed. Only 1 egg extracted & fertilized, however, Dr said it is not good quality. Therefore, no embryo was done and my first cycle ended.

I am very sad. :( I've been telling myself : the most I will go for 3 cycles. However, for this result, I am wondering if I still want to try for more.

Work schedule is another stress. Even I am on HL but I still work at least two hours a day coz I don want to push my job to others. And now when the cycle is failed, gotto think ahead again. Sure alot of ppl is asking why u keep taking medical leave…
I totally get what you mean. I’m already thinking of how to break the news to my boss that I’m gonna try again hahaha I hope your non-conclusive test is actually a sign that you’re pregnant babe. Dont give up on hope yet ! Was this your 1st time ?

Yeah definitely a lot more this round. Prolly because of the progesterone support. I only had cramps initially when the bleeding increased but now no more. can’t wait for the bleeding to end. It’s a horrible reminder.

I got panicky and called kkh.. the nurse said it's normal to have unusually heavier menses bleeding and it should be regulated again after one to two months. She said if feel dizziness, then have to go down for some checks. Yep it's quite an awful reminder..

I totally get what you mean. I’m already thinking of how to break the news to my boss that I’m gonna try again hahaha I hope your non-conclusive test is actually a sign that you’re pregnant babe. Dont give up on hope yet ! Was this your 1st time ?

Yes. But with the menses i really don think there is any chance. Hahaha… when the nurse ask me to go down again I was thinking that if I should have drink more water yesterday or to go down tmr which is better. Hahaha

I did my first IVF in May 2021. As expected, failed. Only 1 egg extracted & fertilized, however, Dr said it is not good quality. Therefore, no embryo was done and my first cycle ended.

I am very sad. :( I've been telling myself : the most I will go for 3 cycles. However, for this result, I am wondering if I still want to try for more.

May I know what is the main issue of your infertility? I think maybe now at the moment is try to improve egg quality before thinking to start the next?

I got panicky and called kkh.. the nurse said it's normal to have unusually heavier menses bleeding and it should be regulated again after one to two months. She said if feel dizziness, then have to go down for some checks. Yep it's quite an awful reminder..

Take care and have a good rest ya.

Hi upintheair,

Can share what TCM you did and where? Am considering going for acupuncture. How many sessions would be needed?
Acupuncture will depend on individual and individual physician’s diagnosis. My tcm physician does not do acupuncture on me and not very willing to do because she feels that it doesn’t help much especially if internally, everything is off balance and haywire which becomes a waste of money so she actually is more keen on me taking meds to regulate internally. Evidently, for me it helped. Those physicians whom I have done acupuncture and taken tcm with did not really help much because all the tcm herbs are one size fits all kind which I am personally quite sceptical and definitely did not work for me. How is it possible for every ttc lady’s body to be off balance in the same way with the same needs? Just my thought only. For sure, some others had luck with them that is why they are so popular.

Hey I’m on the same boat as u. Failed 1st cycle in May and meeting boss for some project catch ups I think my boss sure ask de, don’t know how to break the news and say still need another round or more rounds.

Yes. But with the menses i really don think there is any chance. Hahaha… when the nurse ask me to go down again I was thinking that if I should have drink more water yesterday or to go down tmr which is better. Hahaha
Michelle I think there’s still chance since it’s not Low enough to be not pregnant, there’s always a miracle, don’t give up! :)

Hey I’m on the same boat as u. Failed 1st cycle in May and meeting boss for some project catch ups I think my boss sure ask de, don’t know how to break the news and say still need another round or more rounds.

Really. Caused me insomnia last night! Hahahaha…. But really can’t hide else it will me more tense in the next try.

• currently 12dp3dt;
If you don’t mind can share your AMH level ? So that we can plan based on your case. Thanks

True it gets difficult to handle work stress along with that of IVF. With demanding client accounts to manage things don’t get easier.My first cycle failed in May, not sure how to apply for HL next time again… lol. Boss may label me as permanently sick!!

Acupuncture will depend on individual and individual physician’s diagnosis. My tcm physician does not do acupuncture on me and not very willing to do because she feels that it doesn’t help much especially if internally, everything is off balance and haywire which becomes a waste of money so she actually is more keen on me taking meds to regulate internally. Evidently, for me it helped. Those physicians whom I have done acupuncture and taken tcm with did not really help much because all the tcm herbs are one size fits all kind which I am personally quite sceptical and definitely did not work for me. How is it possible for every ttc lady’s body to be off balance in the same way with the same needs? Just my thought only. For sure, some others had luck with them that is why they are so popular.

Thanks for sharing! Appreciate it ♥️ May I know which tcm physician u go to?

U got tell boss u doing ivf?
Nope… just told him undergoing some medical treatment for which will be away from work few hours during 2 wks… wasn’t entirely off from work the entire period though… just took some hours off during 2ww… So wondering how will he react if needed the same arrangement next time

Back