IVF in 2021?

Anyone is seeing TCM as well? I wonder should I change my tcm and "tiao" before my 2nd transfer...
I think tcm does help, it’s also very popular for people in US doing ivf. However it’s slower, do weekly for 2-3 months before transfer or fresh is good!

Guys when we met doctor for IVF counseling we told him that we wanted to go for frozen implantation. Since we did our home work we got to know frozen embryo plantation got higher success rate. Then doctor said he no longer doing fresh implantation and he mentioned few countries already stopped fresh implantation. So better go for frozen one

Does anyone have IVF experiences with Dr. Tan HH (Alpha) or Shiela Loh (Raffles)? Both doctors seem to be experienced and their IVF costs are similar too. I can't find many reviews for Shiela Loh though.
Appreciate your sharings! :)

can you recommend any good TCM doctors? Thank you!
Are you looking to just take tcm medicine or combined with acupuncture?

u can try Thomson Chinese medical at paragon they have few outlets too at Punggol etc

for me now I knew my dr from Thomson and she is now doing house call on her own

Last edited:
Anyone going for BT on tue at Kkh? Currently 13dp2dt, feel quite normal for the past days until this evening that I spotted some dark brownish spotting and some mild cramps. Not sure about it.

Are you looking to just take tcm medicine or combined with acupuncture?

u can try Thomson Chinese medical at paragon they have few outlets too at Punggol etc

for me now I knew my dr from Thomson and she is now doing house call on her own
Yes i am looking for acupuncture one. Thank you!!

Hi im new to ivf.. will be going for the first scan soon. Can i noe whether can pay using medisave for the scans?

Anyone going for BT on tue at Kkh? Currently 13dp2dt, feel quite normal for the past days until this evening that I spotted some dark brownish spotting and some mild cramps. Not sure about it.
Hi my bt is thurs I also experiencing mild cramp on and off, I have no spotting though.. breast no longer that sore.. worried too. I remember seeing u did a few successful rounds yea?

Can i ask? Can we use the funding or medisave to pay for the scans?
Are u with govt hosp? If yes I think once u start the IVF journey, all consults and scans will be charge under a package that will use the govt grant (if you're still eligible) and your medisave to pay.

Pre IVF consult and scan will pay from own pocket

Hi everyone

I am on my D5 today, on D4 i went for scan and hv 9 follicles. According to nurse its good since its just D4. Need to go back n scan on D6. Btw any review for Dr Ee T Xin from kkh. Thanks

Are u with govt hosp? If yes I think once u start the IVF journey, all consults and scans will be charge under a package that will use the govt grant (if you're still eligible) and your medisave to pay.

Pre IVF consult and scan will pay from own pocket
Yup im going at kkh, we are eligible for both grants n medisave. From wat i see have to do alot of scans once the jab started rite? So all the scans will be covered by the medisave?

Hi my bt is thurs I also experiencing mild cramp on and off, I have no spotting though.. breast no longer that sore.. worried too. I remember seeing u did a few successful rounds yea?
Hihi, only my first round was successfully. I also spotted on my the second round during 2ww but eventually ended with a mmc at 7wks. All my frozen cycles did not work out. This round is my 3rd fresh cycle and have decided to be the last.

Yup im going at kkh, we are eligible for both grants n medisave. From wat i see have to do alot of scans once the jab started rite? So all the scans will be covered by the medisave?
There will be a financial counselling session. U will understand more after the session

Can i ask? Can we use the funding or medisave to pay for the scans?
At KKH once your IVF starts, you only will receive the bill by mail at the end of the whole cycle- either after egg retrieval if you are doing frozen transfer, or after embryo transfer. In between, after each scan, you are not asked to make any payment. I did 2 cycles at KKH as SG citizen couple and did not pay anything extra. Both IVF cycles were fully covered by medisave and govt grant. It includes all the scans during the IVF cycle (once your injections start). Since its your first cycle, highly likely you don't need to pay anything extra too.

At KKH once your IVF starts, you only will receive the bill by mail at the end of the whole cycle- either after egg retrieval if you are doing frozen transfer, or after embryo transfer. In between, after each scan, you are not asked to make any payment. I did 2 cycles at KKH as SG citizen couple and did not pay anything extra. Both IVF cycles were fully covered by medisave and govt grant. It includes all the scans during the IVF cycle (once your injections start). Since its your first cycle, highly likely you don't need to pay anything extra too.
Thank you so much for the info. Appreciate it alot

Hi lildreams,
Have you done any HPT? When is your beta test?

So far I dont have any symptoms at all, make me feel a bit down
All the best and baby dust to you!
End of this week is my beta test… I still haven’t test on hpt yet. Maybe will just wait for the blood test to get accurate result…hoping for the best
I have mixed symptoms and most of them went off post 6 days. But feeling fatigue nowadays and mild cramp on and off

Hello!! Im new here. Just did my first fresh embryo transfer on Monday which is on my day 5, and had a scheduled blood test 2 weeks later. Was being informed during the transfer in my day5, out of 10 eggs that have been retrieved, only 6 have managed to fertilise and only one has become blastocyst(4 is still on d4 embryo and 1 is still growing). No grade for all embryos yet at d5. But because I have to do the ET in day 5 due to the lining, Dr Jessie advise me to put 2 embryo (1 day 5 which is the only blastocyst and 1 day 4 embryo) in order to maximise the chance of pregnancy.

Have anyone had the same situation?

Hello!! Im new here. Just did my first fresh embryo transfer on Monday which is on my day 5, and had a scheduled blood test 2 weeks later. Was being informed during the transfer in my day5, out of 10 eggs that have been retrieved, only 6 have managed to fertilise and only one has become blastocyst(4 is still on d4 embryo and 1 is still growing). No grade for all embryos yet at d5. But because I have to do the ET in day 5 due to the lining, Dr Jessie advise me to put 2 embryo (1 day 5 which is the only blastocyst and 1 day 4 embryo) in order to maximise the chance of pregnancy.

Have anyone had the same situation?
I had almost similar case for my 1st cycle in kkh. Out of 8 eggs, 7 fertilized, 1 became blastocyst. Rest 6 were slow growing out of which 1 was better, so doc asked if we want to put both(1 blastocyst + 1 better among the slow growing 6 embryos). But we went ahead with only blastocyst transfer.

I had almost similar case for my 1st cycle in kkh. Out of 8 eggs, 7 fertilized, 1 became blastocyst. Rest 6 were slow growing out of which 1 was better, so doc asked if we want to put both(1 blastocyst + 1 better among the slow growing 6 embryos). But we went ahead with only blastocyst transfer.

Oh how was it for you? Did you managed to get a positive result?

Cus the Dr advise says it better hence I agreed to put 2 embryo ☹

Hope to get a positive results during this 2ww

Pls don’t go for fresh ET. It’s proven less success rate. Many countries started to ban fresh ET. Try to convince doctor and do ET in next cycle. Our pte hospital doctor said he no longer doing fresh ET. Kindly google

Pls don’t go for fresh ET. It’s proven less success rate. Many countries started to ban fresh ET. Try to convince doctor and do ET in next cycle. Our pte hospital doctor said he no longer doing fresh ET. Kindly google
I think most if not all pte doc are doing frozen transfer only.

However govt hosp are still doing fresh transfers. There are many ladies who succeeded with fresh transfers as well.. its not 0%. And frozen does not guarantee success either, perhaps slightly higher %. There are alot other factors.

But thanks for your advice. Let us know when u have succeeded!

Hi, i went for egg retrieval on Tuesday. On Thursday, KKH inform that i have to go down on Friday to see the doctor. Does that means that the egg quality will only be disclosed on Friday?

Hi, anyone has/had any experience with OHSS? I had 21 oocytes retrieved during the Egg Retrieval procedure on Monday & was told that I cannot do a fresh transfer this month as my estrogen level is very high & I'm at high risk of developing OHSS. I've been feeling nauseous & super bloated ever since the retrieval. I can't seem to eat normally too as I'll be very full after 3-4 mouthful of food that I'll throw up. Is this normal? Anyone else had the same experience? How do you cope?

Hi, anyone has/had any experience with OHSS? I had 21 oocytes retrieved during the Egg Retrieval procedure on Monday & was told that I cannot do a fresh transfer this month as my estrogen level is very high & I'm at high risk of developing OHSS. I've been feeling nauseous & super bloated ever since the retrieval. I can't seem to eat normally too as I'll be very full after 3-4 mouthful of food that I'll throw up. Is this normal? Anyone else had the same experience? How do you cope?
Hi I think if your situation didn’t get better better go o&g. Ohss can be quite serious.
I experienced this but didn’t throw up. Still managed to eat. Drink 100 Plus or electrolyte drinks to help.

hi yes i had severe bloatedness, cannot sleep at night, very very tightness on abdomen. I tried taking panadol but not helping that much. So i went to O&G for assitance. Doctor scanned and mentioned both ovaries very swollen, with fluid inside. Quite alot. If u have difficulty to pee too, pls go see O&G and let the doctor do the checks on you. Yes 100 plus non carbonated helps. Heat pad and warm water too… plssss stay hydrated.

Hello!
Me! I did egg retrieval on 9 June. 34 retrieved. The very night I reached home I was not able to eat nor drink. The stomach was super bloat n soreness everywhere. On 14 June after days of suffering I called my doc to inform him the situation - urination decreased, nauseous, not able to eat , drink and sleep. Tummy is as round as 7 months pregnant. I was told to go in clinic for blood test and admitted straight away for 5 days.
Yes I was told not able to do fresh as my progesterone hormone was high and too risky. Please take a good rest. Today is 2 weeks post retrieval I started to feel alive again. Weight slowly to drop.

Back