IVF in 2021?

Hi, wondering if anyone is trying IVF this year? Husband and I have been ttc for 2 yrs, we've tried 2 cycles of IUI and both failed. We were referred to Dr Jessie Phoon at KKH, will be seeing her this week. I have 2 questions..
- Has anyone had bad side-effects from the IVF drugs? Like depression, etc caused by the elevated hormones
- Any good/bad personal experience with Dr Phoon?
Hi dear!

I did 2 fresh IVF cycle in KKH with main Dr, Dr Liu Shuling & once awhile being seen by Adj Asst Prof Viardot-Foucault Veronique, Celine. So far my 1st cycle is quite bad post egg retrieval due to OHSS.. but my 2nd cycle, even with more drugs injected, no negative symptoms at all.. I actually document my journey from my clomid, IUI cycles, ivf in a page/blog for reference and memories with infertility. U can drop by and read them if u like.. ♥️ prepping your body before IVF is extremely crucial for a better success.. I did that during my 2nd IVF and currently 29 weeks 5 days. All the best!

Hi, anyone has any feedback on Prof Ng from Sincere Healthcare?

I just left NUH after a failed IVF and will be starting IVF at Sincere this week. Prof Ng is very nice and detailed. Takes his time to answer all your question without rushing etc, and is very gentle and detailed with scans. we Have a WhatsApp info group about him with ppl who have joined and who are considering joining, let me know if u wanna join. ;)

For those that wanna join a WhatsApp support group. I am in 1 so just pm me or let me know, I also have the link for NUH support group for those who are interested. ;)

Hi hi, I was a patient for Prof Ng for my first child. I went to see him on a recommendation of a friend. She had tried IVF with multiple doctors and failed, but 1 IVF cycle with him and she got successful. Prof Ng is very patient, grandfatherly and his clinic's staff are all very caring and personable, they remember you by name the minute you come in. In my case, Prof Ng said that my egg reserve was ok, so asked me to try for IUI. my 1st cycle failed but I managed to be successful on my 2nd. I was very surprised as I am above 35. Even the nurse was surprised, she said my chance was probably 5-10%. Given my age.

I was concurrently seeing a TCM at that time, when I was going through fertility treatment. I remember telling my TCM doc that I was doing the IUI procedure 40 hours after my trigger shot, she told me patients usually do it within 24-36hrs. I was worried it wouldn't be successful. What if we did the IUI too late and missed the ovulation window. But my husband told me we should just trust Prof Ng. Prof Ng is the pioneer of IVF in SG and South East Asia. So I guess, he knows what he's doing. He's highly experienced and would recommend him and his clinic. I am planning to go back to him again when I am ready to try for my 2nd child.

Hi hi, I was a patient for Prof Ng for my first child. I went to see him on a recommendation of a friend. She had tried IVF with multiple doctors and failed, but 1 IVF cycle with him and she got successful. Prof Ng is very patient, grandfatherly and his clinic's staff are all very caring and personable, they remember you by name the minute you come in. In my case, Prof Ng said that my egg reserve was ok, so asked me to try for IUI. my 1st cycle failed but I managed to be successful on my 2nd. I was very surprised as I am above 35. Even the nurse was surprised, she said my chance was probably 5-10%. Given my age.

I was concurrently seeing a TCM at that time, when I was going through fertility treatment. I remember telling my TCM doc that I was doing the IUI procedure 40 hours after my trigger shot, she told me patients usually do it within 24-36hrs. I was worried it wouldn't be successful. What if we did the IUI too late and missed the ovulation window. But my husband told me we should just trust Prof Ng. Prof Ng is the pioneer of IVF in SG and South East Asia. So I guess, he knows what he's doing. He's highly experienced and would recommend him and his clinic. I am planning to go back to him again when I am ready to try for my 2nd child.
Hi indigoB
Thanks so much for sharing this. It’s gives me a lot of faith and assurance in going to him. I totally agreed with you that he’s grandfatherly, patient and very experienced. And like your friend, I have multiple unsuccessful IVF cycles hence needed to change a doctor. His name just popped up and when I researched on him and asked around, he’s indeed very experienced.

Hi indigoB
Thanks so much for sharing this. It’s gives me a lot of faith and assurance in going to him. I totally agreed with you that he’s grandfatherly, patient and very experienced. And like your friend, I have multiple unsuccessful IVF cycles hence needed to change a doctor. His name just popped up and when I researched on him and asked around, he’s indeed very experienced.

All the best to you Jollyjudy!

Hi dear!

I did 2 fresh IVF cycle in KKH with main Dr, Dr Liu Shuling & once awhile being seen by Adj Asst Prof Viardot-Foucault Veronique, Celine. So far my 1st cycle is quite bad post egg retrieval due to OHSS.. but my 2nd cycle, even with more drugs injected, no negative symptoms at all.. I actually document my journey from my clomid, IUI cycles, ivf in a page/blog for reference and memories with infertility. U can drop by and read them if u like.. ♥ prepping your body before IVF is extremely crucial for a better success.. I did that during my 2nd IVF and currently 29 weeks 5 days. All the best!

Thanks for sharing! So is the baby a girl or a boy? :p

Hello, I am new here. Anyone who has experience with Dr Loh at TFC for IVF? Any sharing would be appreciated :)
I did my first ivf with Dr Loh and he's really experienced and good. I heard lots of good reviews on him so I just trust him completely and follow all the instructions. Just tested positive after my 2ww so now praying for a smooth journey. Baby dust to all!

I did my first ivf with Dr Loh and he's really experienced and good. I heard lots of good reviews on him so I just trust him completely and follow all the instructions. Just tested positive after my 2ww so now praying for a smooth journey. Baby dust to all!
Wow, congrats! And thanks for sharing, Jouneycalledlove. Baby dust to all!

Hi ladies, any idea if the frozen embryo annual storage fee can be paid through Medisave or cash payment? Thanks!

Balance meds from sgh

Progynova 2mg - 28 tabs per sheet (Expiry Apr 2022)
Total 52 tabs - $20 (no box)

PM if keen, thanks! :)

Attachments

• IMG_6991.jpg
    IMG_6991.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 131
Feeling abit down today. BT is this friday. Tested today but negative. Eventhough its my first IVF, didnt expect it to be this draining..
Good luck to others!

Feeling abit down today. BT is this friday. Tested today but negative. Eventhough its my first IVF, didnt expect it to be this draining..
Good luck to others!

Don’t give up hope yet! Some embryos latch on late. Many women don’t get their first positive HPT until day before BT.

It cld also be that the HPT you used is not sensitive enough. I was getting negative everyday with guardian brand ones, then I bought a Clearblue HPT and got a positive result.

All the best!!

Hi dear!

I did 2 fresh IVF cycle in KKH with main Dr, Dr Liu Shuling & once awhile being seen by Adj Asst Prof Viardot-Foucault Veronique, Celine. So far my 1st cycle is quite bad post egg retrieval due to OHSS.. but my 2nd cycle, even with more drugs injected, no negative symptoms at all.. I actually document my journey from my clomid, IUI cycles, ivf in a page/blog for reference and memories with infertility. U can drop by and read them if u like.. ♥ prepping your body before IVF is extremely crucial for a better success.. I did that during my 2nd IVF and currently 29 weeks 5 days. All the best!

Hihi,

Can share what you did to prep your body before IVF?:)

Hi dear!

Hi dear! Read your blog! Was wondering what brand of milk you took and red dates? Get from tcm shop?

i think you need to be careful with the information you read about sincere. Their speaker on the IG live sessions and nurses WhatsApp responses provide very inflated numbers on pregnancy and live birth rates vs the actual data sources that they have declared on the website.

like a sales pitch instead. All positives no negatives

i think you need to be careful with the information you read about sincere. Their speaker on the IG live sessions and nurses WhatsApp responses provide very inflated numbers on pregnancy and live birth rates vs the actual data sources that they have declared on the website.

like a sales pitch instead. All positives no negatives
Thanks for sharing! :)

Hi dear! Read your blog! Was wondering what brand of milk you took and red dates? Get from tcm shop?
Hi dear,
I took Nature One Pregnancy Formula for the 1st 4 months then switch to fresh hot soya milk with no sugar until now.. red dates i just get those instant ones, took it during my TWW till blood test day only.. then continue warm water.. now 8 months pregnant, i still drink fresh soya milk, fresh date milk..

Hi All, if you are doing or considering to do IVF at KKH, read this:

Hi dear,
I took Nature One Pregnancy Formula for the 1st 4 months then switch to fresh hot soya milk with no sugar until now.. red dates i just get those instant ones, took it during my TWW till blood test day only.. then continue warm water.. now 8 months pregnant, i still drink fresh soya milk, fresh date milk..
Hi, do you know if soya milk affect fertility in women ?

Hi, do you know if soya milk affect fertility in women ?
Isoflavones in soya can cause issue if u take in a large quantity daily.. but if u take it less than 60gm daily, it doesn't cause harm as it is pack with nutrients protein & calcium, especially to those who are lactose intolerance.. so 1 or 2 cups of soya is still alright.

Seriously considering to do IVF with Dr Kelly Loi at Mt E this year. We initially wanted to try SO-IUI first but chose IVF at the end coz it's effectiveness is higher. Best of luck to all of us! Stay healthy everyone.

Hi everyone,
i'm 42 and and i'm looking for recommendations for IVF clinic & doc. I've gone thru all the fertility screening and am looking to proceed with IVF.
Public hospital - SGH or KKH? Any docs to recommend?
Private fertility centre- Virtus or Thomson. Any docs to recommend?
I also heard that the true superstars in IVF is usually the embryologist. Should i be looking at that?
Thanks so much! :)

Since u are 42, suggest u go to private hospital as u are not entitle for Govt grant . Private hospital & Govt hospital both can use Medisave. Medisave is cap at 15k per lifetime. So 1st cycle can use 6k, 2nd cycle 5k & 3rd cycle 4K. Rest hav to cough up cash.

Private hospital popular is dr tan hh at alpha, SF Loh at Thomson medical, Ronald Chieng at virtus

Hi everyone,
i'm 42 and and i'm looking for recommendations for IVF clinic & doc. I've gone thru all the fertility screening and am looking to proceed with IVF.
I also heard that the true superstars in IVF is usually the embryologist. Should i be looking at that?

Since u are 42, suggest u go to private hospital as u are not entitle for Govt grant . Private hospital & Govt hospital both can use Medisave. Medisave is cap at 15k per lifetime. So 1st cycle can use 6k, 2nd cycle 5k & 3rd cycle 4K. Rest hav to cough up cash.

Private hospital popular is dr tan hh at alpha, SF Loh at Thomson medical, Ronald Chieng at virtus

Since u are 42, suggest u go to private hospital as u are not entitle for Govt grant . Private hospital & Govt hospital both can use Medisave.

Private hospital popular is dr tan hh at alpha, SF Loh at Thomson medical, Ronald Chiang at virtus

Thanks so much!

May i ask then if i take the private route, could there be unforeseen hidden charges that can super-inflate the costs?
govt hospitals can at least be assured things won't go mad. but private i'm not sure at all. and since i may need multiple rounds, i just wanted to go in with my eyes open. :)

Would anyone be open to share their experience and costing, if they've been with Dr SF Loh or Dr Roland? Thanks!

Thanks so much!

May i ask then if i take the private route, could there be unforeseen hidden charges that can super-inflate the costs?
govt hospitals can at least be assured things won't go mad. but private i'm not sure at all. and since i may need multiple rounds, i just wanted to go in with my eyes open. :)

Would anyone be open to share their experience and costing, if they've been with Dr SF Loh or Dr Roland? Thanks!

Between Dr Roland and Dr Tan HH, I can tell you that Dr Tan's pricing is more palatable. His pricing is actually similar to the charges at KKH, except you don't get the govt funding.

Dr Tan's first consultation is $150 and subsequent consultation is $100. I've just done my retrieval at his clinic last month and I've spent near $15k so far.

There is still the frozen transfer which is estimated to be around 4k, so total will be around $20k. Of course it will also depend on how much medication you need for stimms and other blood tests that have to be done before you can embarked on the treatment. I had previously done lots of tests in KKH before I switched to Dr Tan, so I don't have to repeat the tests again.

Hi all just started my IVF at kkh. My injections are abit weird they started me off without stimulation first (sth to control and prevent ovulation) till day 6 then from day 7 onwards then start stimulation with gonal f (175iu) Does anyone know why or have this kind of treatment plans too?

Hi all just started my IVF at kkh. My injections are abit weird they started me off without stimulation first (sth to control and prevent ovulation) till day 6 then from day 7 onwards then start stimulation with gonal f (175iu) Does anyone know why or have this kind of treatment plans too?

Do you have low antral follicle count? I believe this is the FSH flare protocol. The first injection is to make the follicles “sleep” and prevent premature selection of dominant follicle, while stimulating the ovaries by the natural pituitary hormones. In theory, with the flared FSH and the later introduction of stimulation injection like Gonal-f, the follicles will shoot up together later.

Hi twinklemini,

I also have something similar like urs. Had so-iui in sep2020 failed.
This is my fresh 1st cycle ivf

I was given:
CD2 to CD5: orgalutran 0.25mg
CD6 to CD13: gonal f 250iu + orglutran 0.25mg
Cd14: luprin shot.
Total 13days injections.
Having bad side effects. Headache, boobs sore, tiredness, abdomen cramps and twinges, burping ( maybe bloated) N I hve to walk with care feels fullness in abdomen. I have pcos, high AMH levels. Many tiny follicles on first scan. Will be doing my embryo retrieval soon. However, I worry for ohss which the doctor advice me to eat more egg whites and drink more water. Keeping my Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Hi dear!

Hi azasha,

Congrats to u! I enjoy reading ur blog;), very informative and we can fully prepare ourselves for what's coming up next.

I had a similar protocol for my 1st retrieval cycle at KKH too, last year. Started with the blockers (orgalutran) first, before injecting with Puregon. There are many different IVF protocols and combinations of drugs, plus different dosages. Best to trust your doctor's protocol prescribed for you and don't worry.

Hi all!
I have undergone my first IVF at KKH and now in my tww...it has been nothing short of nerve-wrecking. I'm 4 days away from my blood test ...anyone in the tww phase too?

So far, i have had a postive experience with KKH ✌ Am under Dr Liu.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
Since u don't qualify for govt grant, u can consider going pte which is faster.
I guess in a way will be slightly more ex than govt hosp.

Personally I'm with Roland Chieng. Fresh cycle cost about 15k (depends on your stimulation dosage, if need higher dose may be up to 20k). As he doesn't do fresh transfer, it will naturally be frozen cycle. It cost another 5k (exclude support meds). To freeze the embryos its about $900++++ (very closed to 1k) for a year. If u have alot of embryos, can put like 3 years which is cheaper (think 2.1k for 3 years?)

If you are seeing him for the 1st time, there are blood tests, ultrasound scans, semen test which can amount to few hundred dollars.

Personally I've no fate with SF loh, his q is too long.. I cannot take it. Haha.

Have not been with Tan HH so no comments about him.

Hi all!
I have undergoing IVF at KKH and now in my tww...it has been nothing short of nerve-wrecking. I'm 4 days away from my blood test ...anyone in the tww phase too?

So far, i have had a postive experience with KKH Am under Dr Liu.
Did u test with home preg kit?

Hi there! Thanks for the response.
No...i hvt tried the home preg kit.
I'm spotting and freaking out a little. Not sure if i'm mentally prepared for the result.

I tested every other day from 4dp5dt until blood test day, because I had to mentally prepare myself beforehand. Not knowing at all is too overwhelming! Don’t worry about spotting, it could be implantation bleeding. I had mild cramps and spotting 3dp-5dp my transfer, and it was successful. If you do buy a HPT, suggest you buy the good brand (clear blue or first response), and not the watsons/guardian home brand. When I tested together, Clearblue always clear positive while the cheap one will show very faint line, can be mistaken for evaporation line. All the best, baby dust to you!!!

I tested every other day from 4dp5dt until blood test day, because I had to mentally prepare myself beforehand. Not knowing at all is too overwhelming! Don’t worry about spotting, it could be implantation bleeding. I had mild cramps and spotting 3dp-5dp my transfer, and it was successful. If you do buy a HPT, suggest you buy the good brand (clear blue or first response), and not the watsons/guardian home brand. When I tested together, Clearblue always clear positive while the cheap one will show very faint line, can be mistaken for evaporation line. All the best, baby dust to you!!!
Which day u started to see positive? Which clear blue u used? The normal one or digital ones?

Which day u started to see positive? Which clear blue u used? The normal one or digital ones?

First few days I used First Response. I got a very clear positive on 6dp5dt. But I also used guardian brand and was very faint, almost cannot see until 9dp5dt. Then I used Clearblue normal on 12dp5dt and got a strong positive.

Hi twinklemini,

I also have something similar like urs. Had so-iui in sep2020 failed.
This is my fresh 1st cycle ivf

I was given:
CD2 to CD5: orgalutran 0.25mg
CD6 to CD13: gonal f 250iu + orglutran 0.25mg
Cd14: luprin shot.
Total 13days injections.
Having bad side effects. Headache, boobs sore, tiredness, abdomen cramps and twinges, burping ( maybe bloated) N I hve to walk with care feels fullness in abdomen. I have pcos, high AMH levels. Many tiny follicles on first scan. Will be doing my embryo retrieval soon. However, I worry for ohss which the doctor advice me to eat more egg whites and drink more water. Keeping my Fingers crossed.
Hello! I think I have high Amh also and the doc did warn me about OHSS. For me day 6 onwards I only inject gonal f then mix with orgluatran from day 10 onwards. So far I just started one dose of gonal F and so far so good.

Back