IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi dear. Firstly congrats on your transfer earlier on. Probably they are empty follicles like cysts. So the 1 egg that he retrieved was of bad quality also. So there's no embryo to transfer. He recommends that he might increase the dosage of menopur for my next ivf. Doing it in january cycle. He also changed me to long protocol. I have PCOS. Thats the tricky part. In the meantime, losing some weight and healthy diet could also help in a way. Envys those who are able to continue and finish up the race!
Gal hugs..am also pcos and did long protocol with lucrin and pergoveris. Managed to yield good eggs. You may ask dr tan if u can try pergoveris with menopur.

After last fresh transfer bfn, left 10 frosties, doc agree that next FET try D5 since already failed 4 d2/3 transfers. It's high risk so pray very hard and root for the embies.
You planning to do FET in Jan right. Meantime can 'tiao' body, eat healthy, have good rest, get charged up mentally & physically for FET. You consulting tcm?
Haven decided which mth yet. Unlikely January.. Either feb/March/apr.. I was with the famous TSB but no luck so far. Going to try the accupunture at Clementi in November.. Long wait for the first appt.

Are u with any Tcm? What makes u choose SF Loh from the start? Pte can't use any govt grant.. It must be very costly. Not everyone can afford.. :(

Hi dear. Firstly congrats on your transfer earlier on. Probably they are empty follicles like cysts. So the 1 egg that he retrieved was of bad quality also. So there's no embryo to transfer. He recommends that he might increase the dosage of menopur for my next ivf. Doing it in january cycle. He also changed me to long protocol. I have PCOS. Thats the tricky part. In the meantime, losing some weight and healthy diet could also help in a way. Envys those who are able to continue and finish up the race!
Don't be sad. I'm joining you on Menopur. Starting in Dec. Jia you

I started Dec'14 and done 4 transfers (including 1 FET) till date. I'm classic example of having good quantity & quality D2 embies but no bfp so far yet. Already transferred total of 9 D2 embies all bfn. So next FET going for D5 but not too hopeful coz worst case is nothing to transfer or even if have, may be low grade. I think due to advance age, my embies are mostly abnormal tho they look good at D2. So actually also been thinking a lot about next fresh cycle, whether one more try with own eggs or straight to donor eggs.

Let's not give up! Fighting! Jia you k!
Let's fight this journey together DawnBB :)

Did your doctor explain what could be the possible other than age? Did you eat multivitamins as well?

Haven decided which mth yet. Unlikely January.. Either feb/March/apr.. I was with the famous TSB but no luck so far. Going to try the accupunture at Clementi in November.. Long wait for the first appt.

Are u with any Tcm? What makes u choose SF Loh from the start? Pte can't use any govt grant.. It must be very costly. Not everyone can afford.. :(
I was already late 37 after trying to conceive naturally with timed deeds using OPKs for over 6 months. During that time,I consulted a tcm physician whom my dad knows to tiao my body. He doesn't do acupuncture just prescribed herbs for brewing. 4 months of herbs later, physician say nothing wrong with me so cannot keep taking herbs le. Then my friend urged me don't wait to get things checked and recommended Dr Loh as his wife bfped on 2nd ivf under dr Loh.

Did some research & felt confident with Dr Loh so went to consult him then confirm sperms issues & ICSI is our only option. Did more research then decided time is really not in our side so not many cycles we can try if we hope to have a bb before I'm 40 or at most 42. This means really cannot afford queue at public hospitals. Very xiong but it was ok for us to cut on lifestyle & get by still.

After fail 1st ICSI, I researched on tcm docs & was intending to consult Dr Zou at AMK. I was still working then and really cannot afford the waiting time. So to simplify things, I consulted Dr Seah Ai Wei at Thomson TCM as near TFC so i can arrange consultations on same day. Hubby could only do Sat so he consulted Dr Gee of Thomson TCM at Katong which was near where we live.

Now not working coz former workplace couldn't accommodate the frequent leave/ time off. Fortunately I'm quite a saver so now just diminishing my savings... very xiong and pocket bleeding with parents' allowance, food stuff, housing plus ivf of course being the main expenses. We keep things simple & still can get by for now.

Must stay positive still. Won't get better if otherwise. Hope the moon & stars align soon for me lor

Last edited:
Is ok I'm used to tolerating pain in all forms. Have to say the most pain in my life was when I had Csect (had epidural but no painkillers), it was very very hard to bear with the pain for several nights. I cried most nights not because I feel emotional but because of the pain. However I got through it eventually...very tough.

Wow... I salute you mommy. I have been through csects myself, even though I was walking around by the next day but still had to rely on strong painkillers for the first few days. The nurses always say don't need to be heroic, in pain just take.
Jiayou

Wow... I salute you mommy. I have been through csects myself, even though I was walking around by the next day but still had to rely on strong painkillers for the first few days. The nurses always say don't need to be heroic, in pain just take.
Jiayou
Thanks dramaqueenie, is tough however I just bear and grit over the few days and eventually got through it. Is all worth it for the moment we meet our precious for the very first time.

Ladies don't give up. I went thru 3fresh n 2fet in 3yrs. 1st fresh m/c. Then each time my result n lining got worse. After discuss with dh. Give ourself a time line too. If by then don't have then we let is go. I rest for a period of 6mths before going for my 3rd fresh. Durin then I brisk walk +eat health + supplement & also drink remember to drink enough plain water. Finally I bfp but nothing to frozen. Jia you ladies

I was already late 37 after trying to conceive naturally with timed deeds using OPKs for over 6 months. During that time,I consulted a tcm physician whom my dad knows to tiao my body. He doesn't do acupuncture just prescribed herbs for brewing. 4 months of herbs later, physician say nothing wrong with me so cannot keep taking herbs le. Then my friend urged me don't wait to get things checked and recommended Dr Loh as his wife bfped on 2nd ivf under dr Loh.

Did some research & felt confident with Dr Loh so went to consult him then confirm sperms issues & ICSI is our only option. Did more research then decided time is really not in our side so not many cycles we can try if we hope to have a bb before I'm 40 or at most 42. This means really cannot afford queue at public hospitals. Very xiong but it was ok for us to cut on lifestyle & get by still.

After fail 1st ICSI, I researched on tcm docs & was intending to consult Dr Zou at AMK. I was still working then and really cannot afford the waiting time. So to simplify things, I consulted Dr Seah Ai Wei at Thomson TCM as near TFC so i can arrange consultations on same day. Hubby could only do Sat so he consulted Dr Gee of Thomson TCM at Katong which was near where we live.

Now not working coz former workplace couldn't accommodate the frequent leave/ time off. Fortunately I'm quite a saver so now just diminishing my savings... very xiong and pocket bleeding with parents' allowance, food stuff, housing plus ivf of course being the main expenses. We keep things simple & still can get by for now.

Must stay positive still. Won't get better if otherwise. Hope the moon & stars align soon for me lor
Actually if u go through pte route in govt hosp, u don't really have to wait that long. But anyway, since you're already with sf lof, don't think so much already.

let's hope the moon and stars will align soon for u and for everyone of us here!

Now I am back for my 4th fresh cycle. Ladies may I check any solution. I jab myself until bruises on my tummy. How to lighter my pain or bruises. Me now 1day 3jabs. All my dosage max.

Let's fight this journey together DawnBB :)

Did your doctor explain what could be the possible other than age? Did you eat multivitamins as well?
:) yes! Thanks Sparkling_ee.

No other reasons. All baseline hormones, uterus lining, ovaries and tubes tested/ scanned ok. By 3rd ICSI, hubby's swimmers even improved much and just left with morphology below normal std (initially was dismay, volume, concentration, motility & morphology all way below par). I also had my best response to the stim after doc was able to adjust the protocol based on my response for previous 2 cycles. So doc also worked his magic le... all look good every ET with d2/3 embies but just never bfp. So next FET going for d5 is a way of test also as we can see how the embies grow beyond D2. It's dilemma 2 edged sword... risking having nothing at all or good to transfer and if at least one good blastie, it will be a test on whether the soil (uterus, body etc) is good for implantation.

Have been taking Blackmore conceive well gold, coq10, fish oil, royal jelly and doing tcm too. After 2nd ICSI, started Dhea 2x25mg daily (stop after ER & during 2ww) at dr loh's advice.

All for the determination to exhaust all means to try striking bfp with my own eggies & body before other options. Very stubborn hor... But not giving up yet so trying to gather strength, esp mentally & emotionally. Everyone has their own challenges but with common goal. Jia you jia you!

Last edited:
Reposting from Prof Wong thread in case anyone has an answer to share:

Hello everyone, anyone on FET and taking progynova here? I finished mercilon on 14 Oct. Menses supposed to come anytime (suspect either tomorrow or Monday will be the first day). I can't recall if I'm supposed to start progynova on the first day of my menses (the paper seems to say so). Since NUH CHR will be closed tomorrow, I wanted to check with everyone here if you know when to start taking the progynova tab. Thanks!

@char-mee how r now? How many weeks n have u heard heartbeat. R u still with dr tan. Thanks hor I will also take on alternate days in tww. I just buy from shop amd eat no time to brew hehe. Now praying warriors survive thaw.

Hi

I have 7 packs of immunocal to give away FOC. Left over from my previous IVF cycle. Expiry in Dec 2015. Didn't take them anymore after I BFP. Just need to pay a token of $3 for postage and handling. Do PM me if anyone keen to have them.

Hi

I have 7 packs of immunocal to give away FOC. Left over from my previous IVF cycle. Expiry in Dec 2015. Didn't take them anymore after I BFP. Just need to pay a token of $3 for postage and handling. Do PM me if anyone keen to have them.
Hi where did u get ur immunocal from? Can't find in OG as stated by some sisters here

Where to buy immunocal:
OG - OG card member gets 5% rebate

SGH and CGH - pharmacy

Can order from Fung & Goh Pharmaceutical Products Pte Ltd. Tel: 62818229. Email: [email protected]
Minimum order 2 boxes and they deliver.

CARE - think they sell the premium type at around double the price of those above.
The above info is collected by previous sisters in 2013. You may try it

No other reasons. All baseline hormones, uterus lining, ovaries and tubes tested/ scanned ok. By 3rd ICSI, hubby's swimmers even improved much and just left with morphology below normal std (initially was dismay, volume, concentration, motility & morphology all way below par). I also had my best response to the stim after doc was able to adjust the protocol based on my response for previous 2 cycles. So doc also worked his magic le... all look good every ET with d2/3 embies but just never bfp. So next FET going for d5 is a way of test also as we can see how the embies grow beyond D2. It's dilemma 2 edged sword... risking having nothing at all or good to transfer and if at least one good blastie, it will be a test on whether the soil (uterus, body etc) is good for implantation.

Have been taking Blackmore conceive well gold, coq10, fish oil, royal jelly and doing tcm too. After 2nd ICSI, started Dhea 2x25mg daily (stop after ER & during 2ww) at dr loh's advice.

All for the determination to exhaust all means to try striking bfp with my own eggies & body before other options. Very stubborn hor... But not giving up yet so trying to gather strength, esp mentally & emotionally. Everyone has their own challenges but with common goal. Jia you jia you!
Did u get ur DHEA fr iherb? Eat 2 pills at one go or once in am and once at pm?
Do u still rem how much is ur FSH level?

Now I am back for my 4th fresh cycle. Ladies may I check any solution. I jab myself until bruises on my tummy. How to lighter my pain or bruises. Me now 1day 3jabs. All my dosage max.

To minimise pain, poke the needle in quickly and bravely. The pain nerves are all in the skin. The fat does not contain any nerves. So, once the needles go past the skin, it should not hurt so much. You can also take a cold pack to numb the area you are gonna poke. After the jab, apply the cold pack again.

Some of the medication do cause pain, no matter how you jab yourself. For example, my system didn't like Orgalutran and I could feel it burning me for at least half hour after each jab. For that, cold compress should help a little but you just gotta tahan.

Bruises, bo bian...some nurses told me that can't be helped especially if you are skinny and don't have much fat. But rest easy dear, usually they dissipate within 2 weeks after embryo transfer...

Jiayou ok. When it gets hard, think of your baby.

Don't rub the area after you jab because rubbing causes the blood to clot and lead to bruises. After jab, hold the alcohol swipe down where the jab was and apply pressure for 2 mins. This is what a nurse taught me. However if you happen to jab into your vein, you will certainly bleed and have a bruise after that. Try to identify areas where you don't get any bruises after the jab and rotate those areas instead of trying a new spot every time.

Did you make sure your skin is completely dry (not damp with water or alcohol swipe) before you push the needle through? If your skin is wet, it is bound to have that burning sensation during the jab.

Hope this helps you.

I don't think it has anything to do with being fleshy or skinny because I'm skinny and I didn't get bruises or pain if I do the jab properly. It took me a few times before I found out what reduces pain or bleeding/bruises.

Did u get ur DHEA fr iherb? Eat 2 pills at one go or once in am and once at pm?
Do u still rem how much is ur FSH level?
I really recommend checking with your doc if you are suited to take DHEA and if so, what dosage.
DHEA is a type of hormone itself and leads to the production of androgens and estrogen. It is not suitable for anyone with underlying conditions that may be exacerbated by changes or simulation of such hormones. Most literature recommend DHEA supplement to be beneficial for those with low AMH & hence low or diminishing ovarian reserve, and for such cases, 3x25mg dosage is commonly recommended.
I didn't expect myself to need this since I do not fall in this category so was surprised when doc asked me to take. Doc also said that as my baseline hormone levels are good, 2x25mg is sufficient. He asked me to get Life Extensions brand in 25mg capsule form on iherb. I trust doc as he is doc right so follow his advice. I take each separately after breakfast & lunch. If you learn about the facts and potential risks of DHEA, I really would not dare to take it without doc's confirmation.
My D2 FSH was 5.7IU/L within normal range for follicular phase.

Last edited:
Hello Celestialbaby, how much water do you add & do you add anything else? Thanks for sharing.
All the best for your ET on Monday! Jia you!
Hi Dawn, don't need to add any water into the chicken. The water is added outside the pot as it's a double boil. What you want is the essence of the chicken. So even if you don't add any water to the chicken, there'd still be like a quarter bowl of "juice" from the chicken. I bought a double boiler (see photo) to do this. But if you don't hv a double boiler, you can try this homemade method: http://jewelpie.com/homemade-chicken-essence-to-relief-tiredness/

Actually I think Dr Zou doesn't encourage us to drink too much chicken essence cos she says of the hormones from the chicken. She says better to use kampung chicken or black chicken but i just use chicken breast meat. I guess everything in moderation... only started drinking chicken essence the last few days to prepare for FET.

Attachments

• 1445095633186.jpg
    1445095633186.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 123

Praying for you too sister. Really admire your courage and your big heartedness to be encouraging sisters here. Jia you. Your turn will come soon.

Hi Dawn, don't need to add any water into the chicken. The water is added outside the pot as it's a double boil. What you want is the essence of the chicken. So even if you don't add any water to the chicken, there'd still be like a quarter bowl of "juice" from the chicken. I bought a double boiler (see photo) to do this. But if you don't hv a double boiler, you can try this homemade method: http://jewelpie.com/homemade-chicken-essence-to-relief-tiredness/

Actually I think Dr Zou doesn't encourage us to drink too much chicken essence cos she says of the hormones from the chicken. She says better to use kampung chicken or black chicken but i just use chicken breast meat. I guess everything in moderation... only started drinking chicken essence the last few days to prepare for FET.
Thanks so much! Agree that everything in moderation. My tcm doc always remind "不要偏食” must eat healthy balanced diet. My ex-coll's tcm doc also advised her cannot take too much chicken & she used beef. Before ivf days, my dad helped to boil a few times using grass-fed beef I bought from Foodie Market. But beef essence too 补, cannot take as much or everyday.
Rooting for you. Have a good start to 2ww after ET on Monday.

Last edited:
Gal hugs..am also pcos and did long protocol with lucrin and pergoveris. Managed to yield good eggs. You may ask dr tan if u can try pergoveris with menopur.
Hi Mesara. Really? Ok, i will ask the nurse to check with him! May i know if you are also under him?

Put ice onto area before jab,after jab,put ice again for 1-2mins and for the pregnyl jab after tat jab,put on ice pack again too...is a savior for pain killing jabs...

I love your determination DawnBB. I am same age as you, I started straight into ivf in view of time line to enjoy the subsidy. lets look forward to our graduation day next cycle

Yup. OG Albert will have. Ask cashier. They will pass to you

They do have on display but empty boxes. Haha..

My friend got it from OG Chinatown too.

@Dreamscometrue, well said!

It's indeed a roller coaster emotional and physically taxing journey, isn't it? Each time we start, no matter how cautious, we carry hope as we face hurdles after hurdles. Then the torturous 2ww reaches the end, some of us get there and some of us don't. After compromises and sacrifices, the success of a viable bb bump in our tummies seem no where in sight yet for some of us. To top it off, we feel the burden of disappointment of our loved ones and the stabbing mockery and self-pity in the sight of other ladies with bumps or popping bbs from natural conception. Feeling the depression of each failure yet with diminishing savings and for the sake of future treatments, we can't over-indulge in destructive comfort of retail therapy or binging.

After failing 4 transfers, I do not feel less painful each time but I tell myself it is ok to grieve, hubby must let me grieve then I must bounce back and move on. I find myself increasingly avoiding contact with those who will never get us going thru this journey, as self protection and as being considerate to others saving us from awkward situations. Being aligned with hubby and supporting each other is an ultimate comfort. Finding and giving support and inspiration to ivf-ers is yet another recently newfound comfort for me and I hope it's the same for the rest in this forum too.

Nothing and no one can guarantee we will get there and when, but no one can deprive us of our right to hope, try and persevere till the couple decides for themselves what is the final option to complete their own family.

Dear @connie_hopeful, all ladies and my friends here, don't give up and hope we all get there one day to carry a bb bump in our tummies. *Hugs with lots of love*
Hi dawnbb,thank you for your inspriational quotes.

I also same age as you. Lets jiayou and hope for e best!

Hi ladies, I cut the chicken breast into smaller slices and I use the flat face of the knife to pound it first. I read somewhere saying that this helps the essence to come out easier. Then I double boil for 3 hrs. Hope tt helps.
Just chicken breast , need to put a little bit water in ? Need to put how many grams chicken breast ?

Hello jkoh! Short cycle or long?
Doing short cycle in Dec. THH gave me gonal F 200 on my first cycle, retrieved 7 and 2 fertilised. He said I didn't response well to gonal so change me to Menopur and puregon. So I think is 1 additional jab. Hope it will turn out well.

Doing short cycle in Dec. THH gave me gonal F 200 on my first cycle, retrieved 7 and 2 fertilised. He said I didn't response well to gonal so change me to Menopur and puregon. So I think is 1 additional jab. Hope it will turn out well.
Short cycle.

Hi ladies, did anyone ever tried using test kit which shows positive but blood test result come out negative? I was not given any hcg trigger btw..

Hi ladies, did anyone ever tried using test kit which shows positive but blood test result come out negative? I was not given any hcg trigger btw..

Blood test is the most accurate. One reason could be faulty test kit which I read about it online. If not is chemical preg meaning hcg dropped during blood test.

Back