IVF/ICSI Support Group

Dear.... I know how you feel... in a way.

But see.... you know @spinsterella's story? Extract one, fertilised one, and that one Bingo-ed.

On the other hand, I had 26 follicles, 24 eggs, in the end? 1 blastocyst. Thank God, Bingo too.

I can't promise you bingo... but IVF has always been a journey of hope. It does not guarantee success but it's the best chance we've got. You got one egg, don't give up up. Try your best, prepare your body for transfer to give that 1 golden egg the best environment it can get. I'm sure if there is a next cycle, your doctor having known your body's response, would be able to calibrate a more suitable regime.

Don't give up k. *hugs*

Mine is extract 15 but only 1 fertilized normally. And yes, it made it. So one is all we need!
:)
So yesssss.. don't give up everybody.

Thanks Dawn! Did the doctor recommend not to go with transfer when there is high risk of OHSS?

Thanks for all the info, Your endurance is commendable! Wish you good luck for your next cycle!!!

Hello Cowmoomoo. I also had high risk of OHSS for 3rd fresh last month. For my first fresh, I came down with mild OHSS after ER and it was already too horrible. So this time I really did my homework and managed to prevent it even doc and nurses were surprised but very pleased.

These were what I did and it helped me so you can consider too.
1) 3 days before ER, I started increase my egg whites intake to 4 egg whites daily.
(Note: before that, I was already taking 2 eggs daily plus balanced diet. If u have not started taking high protein rich foods, consider starting 6 egg whites straight away at this time.)
2) On and after ER days, I took up to 6 egg whites.
3) After ER and day after ER, I drank boiled dried longan with smashed ginger (this was stated on TFC's guideline to deal with the bloatedness). I only drank 1 full glass daily for 2 days.
4) Next 2 days after ER day, I had a glass of warm water with salt in the morning to help balance electrolytes instead of drinking 100plus or Gatorade as I find them too sweet for me.
5) Continue to drink at least 8 glasses or 2L of water (to keep hydrated and prevent constipation; the sedation drug may cause constipation if your body does not adjust well to it)

By the 4th day after ER, my bloatedness subsided so I resumed to just 2 eggs daily plus variety of protein rich foods, e.g. fish, chicken.

All the best to you! Jia you!!

Good read on OHSS, what causes it and how to prevent -
1) http://www.kkh.com.sg/Services/Women/KKIVFCentre/Pages/OHSS.aspx
2) http://www.path2parenthood.org/article/are-you-at-risk-for-hyperstimulation-syndrome/

Thanks very much dear for your kind encouragement. Now the cramping pain is occupying me so much that I didn't really think about upcoming ET. Just wish the cramp will go away soon..
Hey babe ..think i experienced similar bloating and crampiness after hsg and 1st iui. I cramped till I teared and was so paranoid over little symptoms. Plus I was already on egg whites and Gatorade .. the cramping came and went and the bloating only went away after my mensus came following failed iui .. just rest as much as possible la and maintain positive

Hey babe ..think i experienced similar bloating and crampiness after hsg and 1st iui. I cramped till I teared and was so paranoid over little symptoms. Plus I was already on egg whites and Gatorade .. the cramping came and went and the bloating only went away after my mensus came following failed iui .. just rest as much as possible la and maintain positive
Ok noted, thanks babe. Yes hoping the cramp and bloatness go away eventually. Now I'm lying on the bed trying to sleep the cramp away..

Thank you ladies. You guys are indeed inspirational. May god always shower you ladies with all the goodness & happiness in life.

I just got the call. BFP! :)
Beta level is at 3028.5 on 16dpt2dt.

Sending lots & lots of baby dusts to every single one of you.. ❤❤❤❤

Congrats!! Grab baby dust from you!!

Hi Ladies,

I have finally finish all the necessary check up from the Fertiliy Doctor @ KKH.

Doctor has advised that within 2 week someone will call me for a appointment for breifing and counselling session (BCCC).
Any idea how long appointment will the give for the BCCC Session?

After the BCCC Session what will be next?
I'm kind of like abit inpatient for the whole thing to start moving ...

Appreciate your sharing on this... =)

They will set u up for briefing at the earliest slot available which is usually like 1 or 2 months down the road .. briefing takes about 2 to 3hours after which u proceed to pay for the briefing and whn u register at the counter the nurse would hav asked u whn u want to start your ivf .. usually it will start when ur mensus commences. 1st day full flow call up kkh and they will ask u to go over on 2nd day to do a scan after which they will get u to go buy jabs frm pharmacy and that's when u start your stimulus jabs and they will inform u when to go back for 2nd scan

Thanks Dawn! Did the doctor recommend not to go with transfer when there is high risk of OHSS?

Thanks for all the info, Your endurance is commendable! Wish you good luck for your next cycle!!!
Dearie, no. After ER, they measure and note down the abdomen girth and teach patients to monitor for onset of OHSS. On ET day before ET, they will go through a checklist to confirm your condition. If all is within control, they will proceed with fresh transfer.
Even for my first icsi, I had mild OHSS symptoms but still within control but just a lot of horrendous discomfort to manage, so doc prefer to proceed with transfer.

Then again this is TFC practice. Logic is that severe OHSS is extremely rare. Post ER conditions and even mild OHSS symptoms can be managed and the fact is OHSS is a time limiting condition, ie. it will subside on its own over time unless you have onset of severe OHSS upon HCG trigger jab. So doc prefer to proceed with fresh transfer here. Even my case where I had high risk with many eggs, we could still proceed with transfer. Also my latest fresh cycle, through personal experience, I'm convinced OHSS prevention can be managed but it does take conscientious efforts and start even before ER.

I understand that KKH has different approach to manage OHSS and criteria to decide whether to proceed or cancel fresh transfer as explained on their online info -http://www.kkh.com.sg/Services/Women/KKIVFCentre/Pages/OHSS.aspx

Nevertheless, IVF process is partnership with your doc and nurses. Whether to proceed with fresh transfer given your condition, the best is to follow your doc's guidance as you need to trust them to do things in the way they are most confident and comfortable with based on your unique condition.

Good luck to you too on your current cycle. Take good care and hope all goes well. Jia you K!

Last edited:
Thank you ladies. You guys are indeed inspirational. May god always shower you ladies with all the goodness & happiness in life.

Congratulations!!! The beta is really high! Let's hope you get twins :)

Hi ladies can i ask at first scan after 7 days stimulation jabs how big are your follicles? Mine is between 10.5 to 13 today. I m thinking if that's abit slow? I am asked to scan again tomorrow to judge follicles growth rate. Is this a standard practice? I m with kkivf.

Congrats! You're with which hosp/ clinic?

They will set u up for briefing at the earliest slot available which is usually like 1 or 2 months down the road .. briefing takes about 2 to 3hours after which u proceed to pay for the briefing and whn u register at the counter the nurse would hav asked u whn u want to start your ivf .. usually it will start when ur mensus commences. 1st day full flow call up kkh and they will ask u to go over on 2nd day to do a scan after which they will get u to go buy jabs frm pharmacy and that's when u start your stimulus jabs and they will inform u when to go back for 2nd scan
Is the briefing a must to attend if it's not a first time ivf?

Think it is compulsory if u switch hospital but if this is ur 2nd time with same hospi don't mke sense to have u go thru briefing again. Under kkh they probably have u rest 1 cycle and consult doc as to when to start next cycle .m usually nxt cycle will be the following cycle with onset of mensus

big congrats and grabbing the baby dust floating around!!

Hi everyone I'm on puregon.... Care to share n advice me how should I take care of myself during this ivf process... Wat food should I avoid... What food I should eat.....Etc etc... Thank u in advance

Hi ladies, I'll be returning 100 red eggs tomorrow at Toa Payoh Shuang Lin Temple before 1pm, please feel free to collect the eggs.

I had my first ivf in June 2014, transferred 2 but bfn. Then my husband and I tiao our bodies and went for holidays. We tried our second ivf in Jan 2015, transferred 1 and bfp. I gave birth to my baby boy in Sep 2015.

Jia you ladies, baby dusts to everyone!

Spreading the baby dusts all over.. My sincerest hope for you ladies... Thank you ❤ @kissryl @piglet02 @Dreamscometrue @Curiousbabe12

Oh yah @Dreamscometrue mine KKHIVF under Dr Tan HH..
@littlemonkies to be honest i was quite shocked at e high hcg. During my 1st fresh cycle, i only had a 200-300 when i bfp-ed my son. Whatever it is, twins or singleton, as long as my son gets his "twin" as a companion, happy liao.

Anyway hope you ladies are doing well.. Enjoy the weekends ya.. :)

Spreading the baby dusts all over.. My sincerest hope for you ladies... Thank you ❤ @kissryl @piglet02 @Dreamscometrue @Curiousbabe12

@littlemonkies to be honest i was quite shocked at e high hcg. During my 1st fresh cycle, i only had a 200-300 when i bfp-ed my son. Whatever it is, twins or singleton, as long as my son gets his "twin" as a companion, happy liao.

Congrats & grabbing your baby dust. U too enjoy the wkends!!

Do u mind sharing what's your protocol like?

Hi can i ask anyone still have blood spotting after ER day 2?
Hi. I did for my 1st ICSI. I spotted till day 4 post ER. Had a little trauma to my left ovary as I had very uneven follicle growth and there were some small ones which were harder to retrieve on left ovary. I made doc & nurses aware that I'm still spotting on d2 transfer then.
Please let your nurses & doc know. Should be fine but if you also have fever, severe pain, increasing bleeding, dizziness or vomitting, seek medical attention immediately.

Please take care & hope all goes well for you.

Hi ladies can i ask at first scan after 7 days stimulation jabs how big are your follicles? Mine is between 10.5 to 13 today. I m thinking if that's abit slow? I am asked to scan again tomorrow to judge follicles growth rate. Is this a standard practice? I m with kkivf.

Hi anyone can share with me?

Awee!! Congrats dearie.. grabbing baby dust from u!!!

Hi anyone can share with me?
Hello dearie. Sorry that you hv been kept anxious. Pls don't stress, stress is not good for u now.
The eggs usually grow slow initially. Once they each 12mm, on average they are typically expected to grow more predictably at 2mm daily. Average FSH stim jabs are shortest 10 days and can be up to 12 days and hcg trigger jab is given when the largest or most of the follicles reach 16-18mm (depends on clinic's standard). After that, follicles will grow & mature for another 36hrs for ER.
During stim, depending on your condition & response to stim meds, not everyone hv all follicles growing at same size. I also hv some follicles at 10-13mm by day 7 of stims and eventually were 16-19.6mm by day 10 on hcg trigger jab day.
Don't worry too much. Trust your nurses & doc to do their job. Do ask them if you have any doubts as they would be best able to advise you based on your conditions.
Stay positive and root for your eggies & follies! Jia you k!

Can any gals share on how to main postivity for this journey. Esp after more than 2 failure?
Its tough not to stress amid we keep telling ourself not to be stress. Firsly, E ttc is in e day everyday. Envy hubby not feeling stress.

Stress is definately a killer for this tough journey!!

I was hoping for fet today but surprise that even after follicle ruptured still wait for 2 days. Is that ok sisters. They only look for lining ar don't care abt follicle ar. They why monitor ovulation ar.

I was hoping for fet today but surprise that even after follicle ruptured still wait for 2 days. Is that ok sisters. They only look for lining ar don't care abt follicle ar. They why monitor ovulation ar.
I think it's based on the day of your frozen embryo. Like if it's a day 3 embryo, they will transfer 3 days after u ovulate.
But how do they determine when is the exact day of ovulation??

Can any gals share on how to main postivity for this journey. Esp after more than 2 failure?
Its tough not to stress amid we keep telling ourself not to be stress. Firsly, E ttc is in e day everyday. Envy hubby not feeling stress.

Stress is definately a killer for this tough journey!!
I guess telling yourself to focus on the prize, ie the baby will help.

No doubt I still break down after the failure. but after crying, have to pick yourself up and move on. I told myself crying won't give me a baby. I've to be strong and continue to try. Hopefully one day we will get the double lines on HPT :)

I believe our hubby will still feel sad with the failure, but as we ladies are the one who went through all the jabs and scans and OR and ET, we will definitely feel more sad and broken than the guys.

Let's jia you together k and give support to one another!

I think it's based on the day of your frozen embryo. Like if it's a day 3 embryo, they will transfer 3 days after u ovulate.
But how do they determine when is the exact day of ovulation??
I also don't knw. My opk was positive yest early morning I told them. And today they cannot find the dominant follicle so they think it ruptured 12 to 24 hrs time whoch is like today so they schedule transfer 2 days later for my day 2 embryos. But i was hoping they cud still see the dominant follicle. So I guess it means ovulate liao. But there is another 17 mm follicle on the right...don't knw what will happen to it. The dominant follicle on left ruptured. The review doc vry confident say ovulated. Abit sad lining not triple.

I also don't knw. My opk was positive yest early morning I told them. And today they cannot find the dominant follicle so they think it ruptured 12 to 24 hrs time whoch is like today so they schedule transfer 2 days later for my day 2 embryos. But i was hoping they cud still see the dominant follicle. So I guess it means ovulate liao. But there is another 17 mm follicle on the right...don't knw what will happen to it. The dominant follicle on left ruptured. The review doc vry confident say ovulated. Abit sad lining not triple.
Dun be sad. Triple lining doesnt mean confirm bfp.

I guess telling yourself to focus on the prize, ie the baby will help.

No doubt I still break down after the failure. but after crying, have to pick yourself up and move on. I told myself crying won't give me a baby. I've to be strong and continue to try. Hopefully one day we will get the double lines on HPT :)

I believe our hubby will still feel sad with the failure, but as we ladies are the one who went through all the jabs and scans and OR and ET, we will definitely feel more sad and broken than the guys.

Let's jia you together k and give support to one another!

Dreamscometrue,thanks! E prize moltivation sounds good.

Lets continue to jiayou. Thank you for e enlightenment.

@Dreamscometrue, well said!

It's indeed a roller coaster emotional and physically taxing journey, isn't it? Each time we start, no matter how cautious, we carry hope as we face hurdles after hurdles. Then the torturous 2ww reaches the end, some of us get there and some of us don't. After compromises and sacrifices, the success of a viable bb bump in our tummies seem no where in sight yet for some of us. To top it off, we feel the burden of disappointment of our loved ones and the stabbing mockery and self-pity in the sight of other ladies with bumps or popping bbs from natural conception. Feeling the depression of each failure yet with diminishing savings and for the sake of future treatments, we can't over-indulge in destructive comfort of retail therapy or binging.

After failing 4 transfers, I do not feel less painful each time but I tell myself it is ok to grieve, hubby must let me grieve then I must bounce back and move on. I find myself increasingly avoiding contact with those who will never get us going thru this journey, as self protection and as being considerate to others saving us from awkward situations. Being aligned with hubby and supporting each other is an ultimate comfort. Finding and giving support and inspiration to ivf-ers is yet another recently newfound comfort for me and I hope it's the same for the rest in this forum too.

Nothing and no one can guarantee we will get there and when, but no one can deprive us of our right to hope, try and persevere till the couple decides for themselves what is the final option to complete their own family.

Dear @connie_hopeful, all ladies and my friends here, don't give up and hope we all get there one day to carry a bb bump in our tummies. *Hugs with lots of love*

Attachments

• Quote_Rick Warren_destiny.jpg
    Quote_Rick Warren_destiny.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 143
  • Quote_livelifehappy.jpg
    Quote_livelifehappy.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 135
  • Quote_to feel care and support.jpg
    Quote_to feel care and support.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 147

It's indeed a roller coaster emotional and physically taxing journey, isn't it? Each time we start, no matter how cautious, we carry hope as we face hurdles after hurdles. Then the torturous 2ww reaches the end, some of us get there and some of us don't. After compromises and sacrifices, the success of a viable bb bump in our tummies seem no where in sight yet for some of us. To top it off, we feel the burden of disappointment of our loved ones and the stabbing mockery and self-pity in the sight of other ladies with bumps or popping bbs from natural conception. Feeling the depression of each failure yet with diminishing savings and for the sake of future treatments, we can't over-indulge in destructive comfort of retail therapy or binging.

After failing 4 transfers, I do not feel less painful each time but I tell myself it is ok to grieve, hubby must let me grieve then I must bounce back and move on. I find myself increasingly avoiding contact with those who will never get us going thru this journey, as self protection and as being considerate to others saving us from awkward situations. Being aligned with hubby and supporting each other is an ultimate comfort. Finding and giving support and inspiration to ivf-ers is yet another recently newfound comfort for me and I hope it's the same for the rest in this forum too.

Nothing and no one can guarantee we will get there and when, but no one can deprive us of our right to hope, try and persevere till the couple decides for themselves what is the final option to complete their own family.

Dear @connie_hopeful, all ladies and my friends here, don't give up and hope we all get there one day to carry a bb bump in our tummies. *Hugs with lots of love*
Dear DawnBB- you served as an inspiration to all of us here. Thank you for being an inspiration and we'll give one another support in spirit as long as we are here! :)

DawnBB, your words has been very encouraging. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and inspire me to move on to fight this battle, I am not alone. One day we will get there, as long as we don't give up

Back