IVF/ICSI Support Group

Has any sister brought their injections overseas before? Can you share how do you pass the customs? Do you checked in the bag or hand carry? How do you store the medicine?

Also, is anyone on short protocol? Can you share how many days of stimulation injections do we have to inject usually? Which days are being scheduled for the scan?

Appreciate your advice. Thanks :)

Last edited:
I'm starting to drink the chicken breast essence today onwards too :)
By the way, wouldn't it be heaty if we drink daily?

Sonique, check with u. When u double boiled the chicken breast, what is the colour of the ending essence?

Usually when we buy those ready chicken essence like brand's, the colour is black. Just wondering if we boil ourselves, is it also black?

Sonique, check with u. When u double boiled the chicken breast, what is the colour of the ending essence?

Usually when we buy those ready chicken essence like brand's, the colour is black. Just wondering if we boil ourselves, is it also black?
Is light yellowish.

I think I shd be out liao. Itchy hand n POAS this morn n is - feeling quite down :(

Dear don't feel discouraged. Sometimes the home pregnancy tests aren't sensitive enough. To be frank, my first test was also a negative heehee... but I just throw away and scold myself for being overly anxious.

How many days post transfer are you?

I see.. That's too far for me.. Anyone here went to the one at Clementi before?
Is the queue/ wait to see the dr long? My first appt with him is at 8pm.. Don't know need to wait till what time before can see him and finish the consultation..
Ya,,, far and the wait can be ridiculously long. But I heard that his success rates for IVF patients is very high.... :)

I'm starting to drink the chicken breast essence today onwards too :)
By the way, wouldn't it be heaty if we drink daily?

I find it ok actually :) I've been taking it everyday since embryo transfer, and have to continue taking till they detect baby's heartbeat.

Anyway, our body heat is supposed to keep going up to facilitate implantation and pregnancy, according to my sinsei.

Oh, one thing very important. Don't go and add additional ginseng or other herbs. THESE would actually make it too heaty. Just the chicken would do :)

Dear don't feel discouraged. Sometimes the home pregnancy tests aren't sensitive enough. To be frank, my first test was also a negative heehee... but I just throw away and scold myself for being overly anxious.

How many days post transfer are you?

When did u first tested? 12dp3dt. Thought shd be sensitive enough to detect anything.

Oh I see, thanks for explaining. If my ER and ET is 3 days apart, does it mean mine is considered a 3 day transfer?
Dearie, ER day is Day 0 then u count from there. Say if ER on Thurs, then your ET on Sat would be Day 2 and yours will be Day 2 embie transferred to your womb. All continue to go well for your 2ww :)

Can you also share with us what food/drinks you took during 2ww other than red bean soup? Thanks in advance!
I also had brands chicken essence every day. mainly not so much what we eat but what we shd avoid eating. No cooling stuff, & wear socks ard the house. The most important is no stress coz stress makes the body n womb acidic which is not conducive for the embryos. Interestingly i bfp twice (once for iui) when I went back to work coz my mind was off my embryos.

I also had brands chicken essence every day. mainly not so much what we eat but what we shd avoid eating. No cooling stuff, & wear socks ard the house. The most important is no stress coz stress makes the body n womb acidic which is not conducive for the embryos. Interestingly i bfp twice (once for iui) when I went back to work coz my mind was off my embryos.
Yes agreed, irregardless of food intake the biggest factor is still to stay calm and relaxed to be stressfree! :)

Hihi

Im 7dp2dt today. Basically i do not have obvious symptoms except on/off tugging or pulling feeling at the lower abdominal, and very sleepy in the morning and afternoon. Only a couple of times when sleeping in middle of night, the cramps would be quite bad but it was not long or consistent.
Does anyone observe any symptoms during 2ww? Hope to hear from you ladies :)

I was advised by the nurse who released me after ET that i shd not use my stomach muscle ďuring 2ww. My question is... when we go to sleep and get up from lying position, aren't we using our stomach muscle? Will it affect implantation?

TIA

Hihi

Im 7dp2dt today. Basically i do not have obvious symptoms except on/off tugging or pulling feeling at the lower abdominal, and very sleepy in the morning and afternoon. Only a couple of times sleeping in middle of night, the cramps would be quite bad but it was not long or consistent.
Does anyone observe any symptoms during the 2ww? Hope to hear from you ladies :)

I was advised by the nurse who released me after ET that i shd not use my stomach muscle ďuring 2ww. My question is... when we go to sleep and get up from lying position, aren't we using our stomach muscle? Will it affect implantation?

TIA

Dearie, must take good care of yourself no matter what. It's not the end and pls never give up. Rooting for you! *hugs*
Thx. DH is against me taking LRDT. He feels that it is harmful, had a little argument w him on these. This journey is really not easy. :(

Thx. DH is against me taking LRDT. He feels that it is harmful, had a little argument w him on these. This journey is really not easy. :(
Huh how can it be harmful? It's good because it warms our body up, tell him that is a known fact. That's no way it is harmful.

LRDT is best taken during AF and say once/ twice a week after AF. coz it can b too heaty and easy to fall sick. Being sick is a sure no go for ttc. Don't quite understand your DH reasons for it being harmful because can even find packet drinks of them in supermarkets.

Thx ladies for the rooting. Did explained to DH on that. I told I tested - and he responded that I shd not take LRDT if we proceed for the next FET and let it be natural. Quite fed up actually

Thx ladies for the rooting. Did explained to DH on that. I told I tested - and he responded that I shd not take LRDT if we proceed for the next FET and let it be natural. Quite fed up actually
I also feel fed up for you! (Sorry to say that). LRDT is a drink, theres no medication in it at all. So why can't take it? Is a common drink that ladies drink and is not like there's much side effects to it( other than constipation or heatiness- which you can always stop drinking if it occurs).

Huh how can it be harmful? It's good because it warms our body up, tell him that is a known fact. That's no way it is harmful.
@Domokunn dearie, Don't be stressed out. Keep peace & be in harmony.
Re. LGRD tea, it depends on your body constitution. Also must be careful with proportion -longan is very heaty (hot food in tcm terms) & can cause blood fire if taken excessively. In fact it is one of the food to be avoided for early pregnancy as it may cause blood leakage & threatened abortion symptoms. So it should be taken with limit & caution. For those with heavy menses, heaty constitution, m/c tendency, either avoid or best consult doc. Those with normal or cold body can take with limit and should monitor if body becoming heaty, need to stop or cut down, take alternate days etc. to avoid causing yin yang imbalance over time. Red date tea (without longan) is fine tho.

Re. LGRD tea, it depends on your body constitution. Also must be careful with proportion -longan is very heaty (hot food in tcm terms) & can cause blood fire if taken excessively. In fact it is one of the food to be avoided for early pregnancy as it may cause blood leakage & threatened abortion symptoms. So it should be taken with limit & caution. For those with heavy menses, heaty constitution, m/c tendency, either avoid or best consult doc. Those with normal or cold body can take with limit and should monitor if body becoming heaty, need to stop or cut down, take alternate days etc. to avoid causing yin yang imbalance over time. Red date tea (without longan) is fine tho.

Oh Dear DawnBB. Thank you for informing. Maybe I shld stop taking in my tww next round.

LRD can be Heaty and not everyone is suitable to take. My TCM don't encourage as she feel will clash with her med. So it really depends. I have had cycle with and without LRD so to me it does not make a difference. Take care.

You are a knowledgable babe! :)

Thanks. The most I only drink 1.5 bottle (those 500ml size bottle) per day, and also monitor if I have any constipation problem.

TowkayNeo - don't think so far la! Just enjoy the times now! Today negative doesn't mean the next HPT also negative! As long as AF don't report, is a good sign!
hahaha...I have been testing since 6DP2DT, so every morning, it's so blue to see a single line. Bo bian one la, gotta accept lo. Cannot dream that the next day, next next day will be a +ve. Such HPTs are quite accurate. If no double line means it's a BFN. I have never seen anybody with a single line end up with a BFP.

LRD can be Heaty and not everyone is suitable to take. My TCM don't encourage as she feel will clash with her med. So it really depends. I have had cycle with and without LRD so to me it does not make a difference. Take care.
True la, for my previous successful cycle, I did nothing in my 2WW, no LRDT, no egg whites, just a balanced diet. If the embryo(s) decided to stick, it will stick regardless...but I guess, if eating or drinking certain food will boost up the positivity, I think it's a good thing too.

hahaha...I have been testing since 6DP2DT, so every morning, it's so blue to see a single line. Bo bian one la, gotta accept lo. Cannot dream that the next day, next next day will be a +ve. Such HPTs are quite accurate. If no double line means it's a BFN. I have never seen anybody with a single line end up with a BFP.
HCG will be more 'visible' day 12 onwards. So no need to test so early and give yourself unnecessary blues mah.

I was like you in previous cycle too - no egg whites no LRDT and didn't do much! However this time seem to be more anxious that's why was hoping to be well-prepared and eat these foods during 2ww. Having said that, I still believe staying happy, positive and as stress-less as possible ( is not possible to be completely stressfree in all aspects of our life including now!).

HCG will be more 'visible' day 12 onwards. So no need to test so early and give yourself unnecessary blues mah.

I was like you in previous cycle too - no egg whites no LRDT and didn't do much! However this time seem to be more anxious that's why was hoping to be well-prepared and eat these foods during 2ww. Having said that, I still believe staying happy, positive and as stress-less as possible ( is not possible to be completely stressfree in all aspects of our life including now!).
Aiya, my dear sista, thanks for the assurance. There are no symptoms also - I feel so damn fine that I can eat and walk fast fast. The bloatedness and sore boobs just disappear from 5DP2DT. Just that going to have the blood test and then have the nurse to call and announce the bad news is plain Sians. you are in 2WW Liao?

Aiya, my dear sista, thanks for the assurance. There are no symptoms also - I feel so damn fine that I can eat and walk fast fast. The bloatedness and sore boobs just disappear from 5DP2DT. Just that going to have the blood test and then have the nurse to call and announce the bad news is plain Sians. you are in 2WW Liao?
You ah, always tell people to be positive then you are thinking -ve yourself. Tell yourself no arrival of AF is good as least is not a confirmed No Go.

No need to walk fast fast lah want to rush to where just take taxi!! :) haha

Yup my 2ww was on Sat, lie two days on bed feeling restless and back ache. So today onwards not lying so much on bed. When is your BT sista?

Back