IVF/ICSI Support Group

I also don't knw. My opk was positive yest early morning I told them. And today they cannot find the dominant follicle so they think it ruptured 12 to 24 hrs time whoch is like today so they schedule transfer 2 days later for my day 2 embryos. But i was hoping they cud still see the dominant follicle. So I guess it means ovulate liao. But there is another 17 mm follicle on the right...don't knw what will happen to it. The dominant follicle on left ruptured. The review doc vry confident say ovulated. Abit sad lining not triple.
I've not been through frozen cycle so I don't really know the procedure. How will the situation be different if u still see or don't see dorminant follicle today?

Today no triple line doesn't mean next monday when u transfer won't have triple line ;)

@Dreamscometrue, well said!

It's indeed a roller coaster emotional and physically taxing journey, isn't it? Each time we start, no matter how cautious, we carry hope as we face hurdles after hurdles. Then the torturous 2ww reaches the end, some of us get there and some of us don't. After compromises and sacrifices, the success of a viable bb bump in our tummies seem no where in sight yet for some of us. To top it off, we feel the burden of disappointment of our loved ones and the stabbing mockery and self-pity in the sight of other ladies with bumps or popping bbs from natural conception. Feeling the depression of each failure yet with diminishing savings and for the sake of future treatments, we can't over-indulge in destructive comfort of retail therapy or binging.

After failing 4 transfers, I do not feel less painful each time but I tell myself it is ok to grieve, hubby must let me grieve then I must bounce back and move on. I find myself increasingly avoiding contact with those who will never get us going thru this journey, as self protection and as being considerate to others saving us from awkward situations. Being aligned with hubby and supporting each other is an ultimate comfort. Finding and giving support and inspiration to ivf-ers is yet another recently newfound comfort for me and I hope it's the same for the rest in this forum too.

Nothing and no one can guarantee we will get there and when, but no one can deprive us of our right to hope, try and persevere till the couple decides for themselves what is the final option to complete their own family.

Dear @connie_hopeful, all ladies and my friends here, don't give up and hope we all get there one day to carry a bb bump in our tummies. *Hugs with lots of love*
Well said too!! Indeed everyone of us here really hope to graduate from here soon!

I was just thinking, if we study hard, we sure will pass the exams. But for ivf, no matter how hard we try, it does not guarantee success. But nonetheless, for as long as our pockets and soul can afford, we should try our best!

Just curious, @DawnBB, which stage are u at now?

Hi Sistas, do you feel severe cramp and stomach bloatness after ER? I also feel naseous and dizzy with my ER done yesterday. Still feeling the cramp now. Didn't feel this way during my last cycle...
Ya... I bloated like crazy and I had cramps on both sides of my tummy. Is this pain manageable? If not, I think you can take panadol for pain management. If it is still too painful, call the hospital. Hope you feel better soon!

Hi everyone I'm on puregon.... Care to share n advice me how should I take care of myself during this ivf process... Wat food should I avoid... What food I should eat.....Etc etc... Thank u in advance

Daniz, try looking through the previous posts on this board... Many other people have shared on this topic just not too long ago :) DawnBB and Spinsterella gave some useful tips before. You can check under the messages made by them :)

Ya... I bloated like crazy and I had cramps on both sides of my tummy. Is this pain manageable? If not, I think you can take panadol for pain management. If it is still too painful, call the hospital. Hope you feel better soon!
I have to bear with the pain because unfortunately I'm allergic to painkillers. Every time nurses ask me what drug allergy do you have, and when they hear my response , they'd say- oh then if painful how? I replied- have to bear with it. Then they always end up chuckled with a laugh. I think is helplessness laugh .

Oh dear, what did Dr Tan said/explain? Don't be discourage dear, give your body a good rest in the meanwhile.

Did he explain why during scan you see many follicles however only retrieve 1?
Hi dear. Firstly congrats on your transfer earlier on. Probably they are empty follicles like cysts. So the 1 egg that he retrieved was of bad quality also. So there's no embryo to transfer. He recommends that he might increase the dosage of menopur for my next ivf. Doing it in january cycle. He also changed me to long protocol. I have PCOS. Thats the tricky part. In the meantime, losing some weight and healthy diet could also help in a way. Envys those who are able to continue and finish up the race!

I have to bear with the pain because unfortunately I'm allergic to painkillers. Every time nurses ask me what drug allergy do you have, and when they hear my response , they'd say- oh then if painful how? I replied- have to bear with it. Then they always end up chuckled with a laugh. I think is helplessness laugh .
Aiyo!!!! So ke lian =(

By the way, not sure whether you believe in it, but my friends have told me that hypnotherapy can be used to deal with pain as well. Worth a try I suppose?

Hi dear. Firstly congrats on your transfer earlier on. Probably they are empty follicles like cysts. So the 1 egg that he retrieved was of bad quality also. So there's no embryo to transfer. He recommends that he might increase the dosage of menopur for my next ivf. Doing it in january cycle. He also changed me to long protocol. I have PCOS. Thats the tricky part. In the meantime, losing some weight and healthy diet could also help in a way. Envys those who are able to continue and finish up the race!
I'm sorry to hear that sister. Please rest up and recover physically and emotionally. We'll be here for you when you are ready to go for the next round! *hugs*

Thanks dear.

Oh I see, then in the meanwhile is good to give your body a break from all the chemicals. Have good rest, eat more veggies/fruits, protein based food and some light exercise will be good too.

You also have come a long way to this journey, don't lose heart. The next cycle will be better, I'm sure. Have faith and build up your body in the coming months. Stay happy and positive, my dear. We are rooting for you here.

Allergic to all types of painkillers?

Aiyo!!!! So ke lian =(

By the way, not sure whether you believe in it, but my friends have told me that hypnotherapy can be used to deal with pain as well. Worth a try I suppose?
Is ok I'm used to tolerating pain in all forms. Have to say the most pain in my life was when I had Csect (had epidural but no painkillers), it was very very hard to bear with the pain for several nights. I cried most nights not because I feel emotional but because of the pain. However I got through it eventually...very tough.

Thanks dear.

Oh I see, then in the meanwhile is good to give your body a break from all the chemicals. Have good rest, eat more veggies/fruits, protein based food and some light exercise will be good too.

You also have come a long way to this journey, don't lose heart. The next cycle will be better, I'm sure. Have faith and build up your body in the coming months. Stay happy and positive, my dear. We are rooting for you here.
I'm sorry to hear that sister. Please rest up and recover physically and emotionally. We'll be here for you when you are ready to go for the next round! *hugs*
Thank you both for the encouraging words! All the best for your 2WW. Meanwhile.. will try to shed some fats off and hope yours will be a success so that u can pass me some baby dust okay. Needed a quick getaway soon. One of the nurse was actually kind enough to share with me her experience as she has been thru this tough journey and understands how i feel. After listening to her story.. it certainly feels alot comforting and better. Fighter!!

Well said too!! Indeed everyone of us here really hope to graduate from here soon!

I was just thinking, if we study hard, we sure will pass the exams. But for ivf, no matter how hard we try, it does not guarantee success. But nonetheless, for as long as our pockets and soul can afford, we should try our best!

Just curious, @DawnBB, which stage are u at now?
@Dreamscometrue, I just failed my 3rd fresh ICSI 2 weeks ago. Now hoping body recover from the meds and AF back to normal so can start natural FET hopefully in Nov. I tried medicated FET once after failing 1st fresh ICSI. Never gotten bfp before but still not giving up yet tho age not in my favour le (38 years "young" soon 39) :oops:
How about you?

Dearie, please continue to stay positive and stay strong to ride through this journey. Praying for you and rooting for you. *hugs*

Hi dear. Firstly congrats on your transfer earlier on. Probably they are empty follicles like cysts. So the 1 egg that he retrieved was of bad quality also. So there's no embryo to transfer. He recommends that he might increase the dosage of menopur for my next ivf. Doing it in january cycle. He also changed me to long protocol. I have PCOS. Thats the tricky part. In the meantime, losing some weight and healthy diet could also help in a way. Envys those who are able to continue and finish up the race![/

Perseverance is the key. Jia you girl. Next cycle will be better

@Dreamscometrue, I just failed my 3rd fresh ICSI 2 weeks ago. Now hoping body recover from the meds and AF back to normal so can start natural FET hopefully in Nov. I tried medicated FET once after failing 1st fresh ICSI. Never gotten bfp before but still not giving up yet tho age not in my favour le (38 years "young" soon 39) :oops:
How about you?
I'm praying and rooting for you dearie :)

Is ok I'm used to tolerating pain in all forms. Have to say the most pain in my life was when I had Csect (had epidural but no painkillers), it was very very hard to bear with the pain for several nights. I cried most nights not because I feel emotional but because of the pain. However I got through it eventually...very tough.
Woahwww you are indeed a very brave gal. Hope all the discomfort from the ER will be gone soon if not already so. Passing the stage into your 2ww, now rooting for you & your embies. Hoping to catch your bb dusts. Jia you k!

How about you?
I just failed my 2nd fresh in sept.. Next round likely will do FET but likely next yr. Really hope to do soon and BFP soon but taken too many HL this yr.. Feel abit peiseh to take again.

When did u start ur ivf journey? I'm in the early 30s, started ivf this yr
I cannot understand why no BFP despite the supposedly good grade embryos and triple lining. I guess no one can ans that question.

Erm, that's very bad.
How about morphine, fentanyl patch after c sect? But I guess if u wanna breast feed then can't take those

I've not been through frozen cycle so I don't really know the procedure. How will the situation be different if u still see or don't see dorminant follicle today?

Today no triple line doesn't mean next monday when u transfer won't have triple line ;)
Ya hope by transfer triple. Did intralipid and will go acu n take red bean soup. Red bean soup must stop after et is it?

No but was thinking probably tml morning. Is it advisable to use those cheapo q100 buys or just buy from pharmacy?
Hi!

Just to share. I buy my supplements from this shop that looks like medical hall at smith street. Their supplements somehow priced cheap. Recently i bought the Kordells royal jelly 3 bottle pack, 30s at $45. When i went to robinsons to check, it was $60+ after 50% discount.. we also buy coenzyme q10 there. They have blackmores, ocean for q10.

Last edited:
I just failed my 2nd fresh in sept.. Next round likely will do FET but likely next yr. Really hope to do soon and BFP soon but taken too many HL this yr.. Feel abit peiseh to take again.

When did u start ur ivf journey? I'm in the early 30s, started ivf this yr
I cannot understand why no BFP despite the supposedly good grade embryos and triple lining. I guess no one can ans that question.
I started Dec'14 and done 4 transfers (including 1 FET) till date. I'm classic example of having good quantity & quality D2 embies but no bfp so far yet. Already transferred total of 9 D2 embies all bfn. So next FET going for D5 but not too hopeful coz worst case is nothing to transfer or even if have, may be low grade. I think due to advance age, my embies are mostly abnormal tho they look good at D2. So actually also been thinking a lot about next fresh cycle, whether one more try with own eggs or straight to donor eggs.

Let's not give up! Fighting! Jia you k!

Hi all, I will be returning red eggs to Toa Payoh Shuang Lin Shi Temple today around 2.30pm to 3pm. Baby dusts to all of you. :)

Hi Babe12. Thank you for informing. I have collected two eggs.

The temple later kept all the 5 trays of eggs and left 6 at the zsnn table. When hubby ask, they say for bungala to eat.. oh dear kind of upset about this thou.

So for those that is still on their way. Please check with temple ppl. See if they can give you.

=(

Erm, that's very bad.
How about morphine, fentanyl patch after c sect? But I guess if u wanna breast feed then can't take those
I didn't take any because I had experienced the allergy after several different classes of painkillers and the effects/aftermath. So rather be safe than sorry.

Hi Babe12. Thank you for informing. I have collected two eggs.

The temple later kept all the 5 trays of eggs and left 6 at the zsnn table. When hubby ask, they say for bungala to eat.. oh dear kind of upset about this thou.

So for those that is still on their way. Please check with temple ppl. See if they can give you.

=(
Ohhh they should give to ladies like us to eat, not bungala :(

I started Dec'14 and done 4 transfers (including 1 FET) till date. I'm classic example of having good quantity & quality D2 embies but no bfp so far yet. Already transferred total of 9 D2 embies all bfn. So next FET going for D5 but not too hopeful coz worst case is nothing to transfer or even if have, may be low grade. I think due to advance age, my embies are mostly abnormal tho they look good at D2. So actually also been thinking a lot about next fresh cycle, whether one more try with own eggs or straight to donor eggs.

Yes you're a fighter, baby!!

Yah lah. So I quickly post here to ask those who is there to go check with the temple ppl there.

But still I feel upset lah.. those are blessing/ baby dust / hopes for all of us here.

Maybe they shld give bangala after the temple is close for the day.

Last edited:

Are u with kkh? Ur fresh cycle usually yield how many embryos?

Hi Ladies,
For example, First cycle of ivf, if after ER, do ET but if fail and then another cycle of FET. Is the FET consider under the first cycle of govt funding or second?

How long we must wait btw one cycle of fresh and one cycle of FET ?

Yah lah. So I quickly post here to ask those who is there to go check with the temple ppl there.

But still I feel upset lah.. those are blessing/ baby dust / hopes for all of us here.

Maybe they shld give bangala after the temple is close for the day.
Yes agreed! They should put all the eggs there for ladies/hubbies to collect. Then end of the day then give away. Sigh.

Oh, that's very good results. Maybe can ask if they can grow to D5?
After last fresh transfer bfn, left 10 frosties, doc agree that next FET try D5 since already failed 4 d2/3 transfers. It's high risk so pray very hard and root for the embies.
You planning to do FET in Jan right. Meantime can 'tiao' body, eat healthy, have good rest, get charged up mentally & physically for FET. You consulting tcm?

Gal....me wud like to borrow as my fet has just been confirmed on Monday. I told them opk was positive at 3am yest. Today scan cannot see the follicle think rupture liao. So Monday transfer.
Me too. Our FET on the same day. Rooting for you and your embies too. How many embryos are you transferring?

This is what happens in a 2 day transfer:
1dpt...Embryo is growing and developing
2dpt...Embryo is growing and developing
3dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
4dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
5dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
6dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
7dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
8dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells & foetal cells
9dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
10dpt...More HCG is produced as foetus develops
11dpt...More HCG is produced as foetus develops
12dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

This is what happens in a 3 day transfer:
1dpt...Embryo is growing and developing
2dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
3dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
4dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
5dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
6dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
7dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells & foetal cells
8dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
9dpt...More HCG is produced as foetus develops
10dpt...More HCG is produced as foetus develops
11dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

This is what happens in a 5 day transfer (blasts):
1dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
2dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
3dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
4dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
5dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells & foetal cells
6dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
7dpt...More HCG is produced as foetus develops
8dpt...More HCG is produced as foetus develops
9dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

Hi ladies, I cut the chicken breast into smaller slices and I use the flat face of the knife to pound it first. I read somewhere saying that this helps the essence to come out easier. Then I double boil for 3 hrs. Hope tt helps.
Hello Celestialbaby, how much water do you add & do you add anything else? Thanks for sharing.
All the best for your ET on Monday! Jia you!

Back