IVF/ICSI Support Group

Thanks ladies. Was really distracted at work, super not effective. My BT is this thurs, not hoping for the best but fact is life still goes on.

Thanks ladies. Was really distracted at work, super not effective. My BT is this thurs, not hoping for the best but fact is life still goes on.
Domokunn- stay positive. Nothing is confirmed until the BT. The more you feel -ve, it will affect your mood and feelings these few days. Tell yourself it is still possible, don't lose hope!

Remember - nothing is confirmed until the BT!

Domokunn- stay positive. Nothing is confirmed until the BT. The more you feel -ve, it will affect your mood and feelings these few days. Tell yourself it is still possible, don't lose hope!

Remember - nothing is confirmed until the BT!

I see many of you mentioning BT =Blood test?
I had a BT last Saturday but its more on checking the progesterone level or something. Cos I'm booked next tues for pregnancy test.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

hey sis, may i know what's the different btw long & short protocal?
I had failed 2fresh 2frozen, thh suggest my next fresh to have long protocal, but the chances same as short protocal.
any idea?

You ah, always tell people to be positive then you are thinking -ve yourself. Tell yourself no arrival of AF is good as least is not a confirmed No Go.

No need to walk fast fast lah want to rush to where just take taxi!! :) haha

Yup my 2ww was on Sat, lie two days on bed feeling restless and back ache. So today onwards not lying so much on bed. When is your BT sista?
This coming friday lor. life is so funny - before BT, you hope to see some spotting to assure that it's implantation and so on, after BT, you don't want to see spotting lest you m/c. it's a big irony!
lie on the bed too much also sians, will anyhow imagine

hey sis, may i know what's the different btw long & short protocal?
I had failed 2fresh 2frozen, thh suggest my next fresh to have long protocal, but the chances same as short protocal.
any idea?

upload_2015-10-19_13-44-47.png

I see many of you mentioning BT =Blood test?
I had a BT last Saturday but its more on checking the progesterone level or something. Cos I'm booked next tues for pregnancy test.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Hello patn. Yes just that in this forum, it is usually referring to the blood test for hcg hormones to confirm whether pregnant. There are other blood tests like the one you mentioned to test for progesterone during mid 2ww.
All the best to u & your embie! Hope to catch your be dusts. Jia you! :)

hahaha...I have been testing since 6DP2DT, so every morning, it's so blue to see a single line. Bo bian one la, gotta accept lo. Cannot dream that the next day, next next day will be a +ve. Such HPTs are quite accurate. If no double line means it's a BFN. I have never seen anybody with a single line end up with a BFP.
Towkayneo, you have always been positive & strong. Hang in there. Don't give up k.

Towkayneo, you have always been positive & strong. Hang in there. Don't give up k.
Thanks DawnBB, no worries, that's why am already thinking far ahead for the next cycle :p
just plain unlucky lor..what to do. 2-day 4 cell embyros x 2 with a 12mm triple lining cannot BFP is considered suay :p

This coming friday lor. life is so funny - before BT, you hope to see some spotting to assure that it's implantation and so on, after BT, you don't want to see spotting lest you m/c. it's a big irony!
Time flies!!! I didn't get any spotting the last time during implantation though. So no spotting doesn't mean -ve. It really depends on individual body I have to say..

Yea I only lie 2 days and get backache. So better sit up rather than lie down.

Thanks DawnBB, no worries, that's why am already thinking far ahead for the next cycle :p
just plain unlucky lor..what to do. 2-day 4 cell embyros x 2 with a 12mm triple lining cannot BFP is considered suay :p
Does more/less cell embryo mean anything/makes a difference? If anyone knows..?

I know that feeling... don't think too much about suay not suay la. It's easier said than done.
Thinking ahead of plan B is not a bad thing but stay positive k, coz thinking otherwise won't make things better. *hugs*

I see.. That's too far for me.. Anyone here went to the one at Clementi before?
Is the queue/ wait to see the dr long? My first appt with him is at 8pm.. Don't know need to wait till what time before can see him and finish the consultation..
I have been to the Clementi one. Wait is long too.

Has any sister brought their injections overseas before? Can you share how do you pass the customs? Do you checked in the bag or hand carry? How do you store the medicine?

Also, is anyone on short protocol? Can you share how many days of stimulation injections do we have to inject usually? Which days are being scheduled for the scan?

Appreciate your advice. Thanks :)
I brought my injections overseas before. Get a letter from hospital or clinic indicating what are the medication you are carrying. I pack the injection in the cooler bag plus lots of the ice pack together with it and check them in with the letter in it. I kept a copy on hand too in case immigration need verification. As I time my jab to be after my flight so there is no need for me to handcarry any needles and medication.

As the aircraft cargo is cold it will help to keep the medication cold. Once u reach hotel, immediately put them in the bar fridge. The other time I was on holiday during winter & there is no bar fridge, I actually went out to collect some snow to keep the medication cold. :D

Oh.. How does it works? Can we go earlier to register and hopefully can see at the appt time or can only register at the given appt time?

Long wait means 1 hr? Don't tell me 2hrs.. 1 hr I can still tahan.. Haha
Tan Kian Sing at Clementi? I waited as long as 3 hours before & the average should be ard 1.5- 2 hours. Bring a tablet or book to read while waiting.

I have this rashes/pimples break out on my face after day 4 ET. I look horrible. My face is oily and itchy. Is it normal? I stopped drinking the longan red date tea. Washing my face 3-4 times per day

Last edited:
Tan Kian Sing at Clementi? I waited as long as 3 hours before & the average should be ard 1.5- 2 hours. Bring a tablet or book to read while waiting.
3 hrs is on weekdays or weekends? That's abit too much right.. Ahaha.. Imagine my appt at 8pm, wait till 11pm? I can just sleep there ;p

I have this rashes/pimples break out on my face after day 4 ET. I look horrible. My face is oily and itchy. Is it normal? I stopped drinking the longan red date tea. Washing my face 3-4 times per day
Dearie, sounds like allergic reaction. In any case, better get checked by doc. If allergy, needs proper med treatment. Also need to make sure washing with the right cleanser and not over wash so as not to aggravate the breakout.
Hope you get well soon. Take good care k.

Ladies, question here. Just had the ER, and doctor ordered for me to take the progesterone jab everyday till pregnancy test. Anyone on that before? Tx in advance

Nooooooo that's why not close for me. But I religiously made my way there because I trust the sinseh.... My hubby hated it though lol!
Woah..it's crowded loh. I passed by Ban Choon Chan TCM ytd morn around 9ish am and took a peek inside.
Many young couples and ladies sitting in queue from inside to outside.
Cannot make appointment one is it, i.e. go there first come first queue?

Ladies, question here. Just had the ER, and doctor ordered for me to take the progesterone jab everyday till pregnancy test. Anyone on that before? Tx in advance
Are u with nuh? I was prescribed with that after I had spotting few days post ET.. Didn't get BFP in the end.. Poor butt

Woah..it's crowded loh. I passed by Ban Choon Chan TCM ytd morn around 9ish am and took a peek inside.
Many young couples and ladies sitting in queue from inside to outside.
Cannot make appointment one is it, i.e. go there first come first queue?

Cannot one... the weekend queues are legendary. Start from 6am even though the shop only opens at 8am. Must physically queue. Usually couples go there together, and they take turn go shopping and eating during the wait. However, exception is made for pregnant ladies, who are allowed to jump queue. Before I was officially found to be pregnant, sinsei also allowed me to jump queue when I went back to him post embryo transfer.

Weekdays are much better. If I go during weekdays, I will go in about 10.30am to 11am plus... when most of the crowd has cleared. I also find that it's better because sinsei has more time so he can explain more things to me and entertain my million and one qns.

Are you planning to go too?

Just chicken breast , need to put a little bit water in ? Need to put how many grams chicken breast ?
Hi hi, when you buy from market chicken breast, it comes in a pair. I used 1 side of the chicken breast. Chicken don't need to put water. The final content will be about quarter bowl of essence. If you want a bit more juice, can add a little bit of water.

Ya and another irony is this... during 2ww, you dread having to be under 'house arrest' and self enforced bed rest. But once you are required to go back to work, you get so stressed about work affecting your pregnancy that you would voluntarily confine yourself to the house again... haha!

Has any sister brought their injections overseas before? Can you share how do you pass the customs? Do you checked in the bag or hand carry? How do you store the medicine?

Also, is anyone on short protocol? Can you share how many days of stimulation injections do we have to inject usually? Which days are being scheduled for the scan?

Appreciate your advice. Thanks :)
Hi missyscopio, your clinic will issue you a custom letter of the needles n meds you are carrying. My clinic also gave me a cooler bag with ice packs of carry the meds back.

For my stimulation, I started jabbing on D2 of menses for 11 days in total including one final jab 36 hrs b4 egg pick up.

Sonique, check with u. When u double boiled the chicken breast, what is the colour of the ending essence?

Usually when we buy those ready chicken essence like brand's, the colour is black. Just wondering if we boil ourselves, is it also black?
It's clear yellow. N since I use chicken breast, there's no oil in the soup.

3 hrs is on weekdays or weekends? That's abit too much right.. Ahaha.. Imagine my appt at 8pm, wait till 11pm? I can just sleep there ;p
It was a Sat afternoon. On weekdays my appointment was 6.30 but only get to see him at 8. Anyway, he's very committed to do the best for each patient lah, coz it means he works till very late every day.

Hello patn. Yes just that in this forum, it is usually referring to the blood test for hcg hormones to confirm whether pregnant. There are other blood tests like the one you mentioned to test for progesterone during mid 2ww.
All the best to u & your embie! Hope to catch your be dusts. Jia you! :)

Thx for the further clarification!!
I also hoping to rub all those bfp ladies bb dust!!

Now my calves muscle starting to ache. Last time used to wear high heels full 8hrs also no ache... does anyone here experience some sort of symptoms during 2ww?

Seek for advices. Lining at day 10 is only 3.6mm, any ideas to thickening the lining in next 5 days ?
To thin to go for FET Liao I already drink one bowl of red bean soup daily after my menses Liao .... Plus acu for two times Liao ... Lining is still too thin.... help help sisters

Seek for advices. Lining at day 10 is only 3.6mm, any ideas to thickening the lining in next 5 days ?
To thin to go for FET Liao I already drink one bowl of red bean soup daily after my menses Liao .... Plus acu for two times Liao ... Lining is still too thin.... help help sisters
Raspberry tea leaves - can buy from iherb, cedele..

try 2 bowls of red bean soup daily. Increase your estrogen by having more beans in your diet. Eat more egg whites too.

Back