IVF/ICSI Support Group

Prof explained that if remove, we will need another 3 months to rest. But if go ahead, they will try their best to see how many follicles I can produce on my left ovary.

Hubby and me decided to go ahead with the 1st IVF. If failed, we will consider removing the fibroids and try again.
Since decided already, don't worry so much le. Trust the doc to work his magic thru the stim protocol.

My tcm doc advised that if got fibroids, should avoid soy food products as these are high in phytoestrogens. While these fine normally, not good for fibroids or cysts as it will increase the hormones that will also stimulate growth of the fibroids/ cysts.

Most important now is for both you & DH to stay positive, eat healthy, have good rest as you prep for your fresh cycle in Nov. all the best to you. Jia you! :)

Prof explained that if remove, we will need another 3 months to rest. But if go ahead, they will try their best to see how many follicles I can produce on my left ovary.

Hubby and me decided to go ahead with the 1st IVF. If failed, we will consider removing the fibroids and try again.
I was in similar situation when in nuh for first cycle. Had cyst on right Ovary thus prof did not touch right ovary and only took follies from left ovary. Had 12 and 6 wasted. But anyway it's a good decision to try without surgery. Wish u all the best.

Ya.. Totally agree esp when failed, they will ask how come and why it fail.. Aiks..
Ya, by my third ICSI, my parents were not supportive of me going thru the jabs again and it hurts to see their disapproving looks. Sometimes mum makes negative remarks about hubby too cause sperm issues. But I just told my mum that to do or not do ivf, it's me & hubby's decision and I will take very good care of my body to counter the harmful effects of the hormones so my parents shouldn't worry. This then seemed to work. Fewer negative remarks from mum and she just wish me success for my latest cycle. Tho BFN & we decided to do FET in Nov, she just listen & refrained from commenting much.

Anyway, I agree it can be stressful having to also bother with elderly or family's questions and disappointment when you & hubby already the most affected by the outcome of the ivf cycle. I just hope all sisters facing similar dilemma to stay positive, find strength & faith in having your hubby's support and to support each other to ride through this journey. All Jia you!!

I took tcm herbs till ER. Starter acu 2 month prior to ivf and stopped acu 3 days after et. Bfp 2 cycles. I strongly believe in tcm acu n herbs. For my fet now also I did acu. The only think is I also did intralipid for my bfp cycles. This time I think maybe no time to intralipid as will be back to singapore tomorrow night and sat scan will determine if can proceed. Ovu kit shows line getting darker but haven't got smile face yet. Kind of little stress what if never ovulate or follicle gone by sat. Today is cd11. I cud feel pain in my left ovary as i have 1 dominant n 3 small follies. Just leaving things with God and trying to keep heart body mind in peace.
Dearie, can check with doc as intralipid can do same day post transfer day. I did that for my last transfer. Try not to stress. Stay positive. Will pray all goes well for you. Jia you k! :)

I took tcm herbs till ER. Starter acu 2 month prior to ivf and stopped acu 3 days after et. Bfp 2 cycles. I strongly believe in tcm acu n herbs. For my fet now also I did acu. The only think is I also did intralipid for my bfp cycles. This time I think maybe no time to intralipid as will be back to singapore tomorrow night and sat scan will determine if can proceed. Ovu kit shows line getting darker but haven't got smile face yet. Kind of little stress what if never ovulate or follicle gone by sat. Today is cd11. I cud feel pain in my left ovary as i have 1 dominant n 3 small follies. Just leaving things with God and trying to keep heart body mind in peace.

@mesara, may I know which tcm doc and acupuncturist are you seeing?

I told my parents abt my iui and to be ivf journey. All my parents said were ..don't Gan cheong let nature tke place.some ppl tke 5yrs to be pregnant haha. I'm the more Gan cheong one cos lonely le family just 2ppl with no kids. No sparks already the relationship and having a baby will help juice things up! I'm on oats drink plus 1 follic acid in the morn .. adding kiwis to my dinner and avocado juice in the afternoon .. not to forget at least 2 eggs per day. So excitingbut at the same time worried as not sure what's ahead

Thanks for all the encouragement!

Yes, we will stick to our decision for now. But I have told my hubby not to be too disappointed should it does not work out to be what we wanted.

Any cycling buddies in Nov?

I have reviewed all blood tests and scan with Prof yesterday. Was asked to do additional blood tests last week cos Prof suspected I am thalasessmia minor. But turned out to be negative. However iron level is low so Prof prescribed iron tabs for me.

Hubby's SA test also turn out to be fine except morphology but Prof said not an issue. However he was prescribed with vitamins as well.

It turns out that I have quite a lot of issues....haiz...

My fibroid has grown to be about 7 cm and now pushing my right ovary way up. So during ER, they would not be able to retrieve any eggs from that ovary. Now have to depend on the left ovary. I was given a choice to remove the fibroid or to try IVF first. We chose to try first. Anyone has similar issue?

Now I have a new fibroid that is 2 cm. So sad...

My German measles test is also in gray area. I remember I have taken the vaccine previously. Now have to dig for the documentation.

Feel so bad for my hubby that he has to go through all these because of me...

Dear don't blame yourself. Thalasseamia minor does not affect pregnancy that much at all. It's extremely common, and as long as your husband does not also have it, baby will be fine. How do I know? Cos I also have thalassaemia! Don't worry ok!

And for fibroid, it is not an incurable situation. Frankly, many ladies also have fibroids. At least surgery can deal with it. I would say, if you don't know which is the better way, go with what the Prof thinks.

And don't say your hubby has to go through all these because of you... because like DawnBB says, when there is a problem, it's the couple's joint problem. 没有你和我。 If the problem was with his sperms, you also wouldn't blame him right?

So, stay positive. Be joyful. A healthy body is the best vessel to carry a baby! Jiayou! * beeeg hugs*

I told my parents abt my iui and to be ivf journey. All my parents said were ..don't Gan cheong let nature tke place.some ppl tke 5yrs to be pregnant haha. I'm the more Gan cheong one cos lonely le family just 2ppl with no kids. No sparks already the relationship and having a baby will help juice things up! I'm on oats drink plus 1 follic acid in the morn .. adding kiwis to my dinner and avocado juice in the afternoon .. not to forget at least 2 eggs per day. So excitingbut at the same time worried as not sure what's ahead

It's not a bad idea to start younger rather than later... since age plays such a big part in IVF success.

I'm happy to see you having so much hope and joy. Hope for a successful outcome for you!

Thank you. Hubby and I are too shocked. During the ultrasounds there were so many follicles. Even the nurse also shocked.why why why. Why is there only one... Sigh..

Dear.... I know how you feel... in a way.

But see.... you know @spinsterella's story? Extract one, fertilised one, and that one Bingo-ed.

On the other hand, I had 26 follicles, 24 eggs, in the end? 1 blastocyst. Thank God, Bingo too.

I can't promise you bingo... but IVF has always been a journey of hope. It does not guarantee success but it's the best chance we've got. You got one egg, don't give up up. Try your best, prepare your body for transfer to give that 1 golden egg the best environment it can get. I'm sure if there is a next cycle, your doctor having known your body's response, would be able to calibrate a more suitable regime.

Don't give up k. *hugs*

@h0peful, I think we are both very blessed to have such parents. Both my parents and parents in laws also say the same thing to us, ask us to take it easy and let nature takes its course. Especially when both me and hubby are the eldest and that my 2 younger sisters n hub's younger sister already have their kids. I know there are many parents out there who are not as understanding as ours. So we should be glad that there's no added pressure from them.

I understand you, I have been married to my hubby for more than 5 years and yes, I agree that we feel lonely sometimes with just the 2 of us in an empty house. People like us who aren't so lucky to have children in our early years of marriage just have to try to spice things up between us and our spouses. Like some friends will comment that we can still date each other everyday for now and ask us to treasure the times together before kids come along. Funny that when I heard friends or relatives commented this last time when in courtship or as newlyweds, I felt so loved and blissful. But after more than 5 years, it sounds more like a sarcastic remark to me and makes me feel even more pathetic. Haha.. Anyway, like what your nick says, we just have to be hopeful and do whatever we should do and hope for the best ya!

I'll be going for 2nd fresh cycle this month, awaiting for the arrival of my menses these few days. Wishing you all the best in your upcoming cycle! May we have good news to share soon. Jia you! :)

littlemonkiest: 8149726 said:

But see.... you know @spinsterella's story? Extract one, fertilised one, and that one Bingo-ed.

On the other hand, I had 26 follicles, 24 eggs, in the end? 1 blastocyst. Thank God, Bingo too.

I can't promise you bingo... but IVF has always been a journey of hope. It does not guarantee success but it's the best chance we've got. You got one egg, don't give up up. Try your best, prepare your body for transfer to give that 1 golden egg the best environment it can get. I'm sure if there is a next cycle, your doctor having known your body's response, would be able to calibrate a more suitable regime.

Don't give up k. *hugs*
Wow babe ..no ohss? Thats freaking lotsa eggs to be retrieved.

@h0peful, I think we are both very blessed to have such parents. Both my parents and parents in laws also say the same thing to us, ask us to take it easy and let nature takes its course. Especially when both me and hubby are the eldest and that my 2 younger sisters n hub's younger sister already have their kids. I know there are many parents out there who are not as understanding as ours. So we should be glad that there's no added pressure from them.

I understand you, I have been married to my hubby for more than 5 years and yes, I agree that we feel lonely sometimes with just the 2 of us in an empty house. People like us who aren't so lucky to have children in our early years of marriage just have to try to spice things up between us and our spouses. Like some friends will comment that we can still date each other everyday for now and ask us to treasure the times together before kids come along. Funny that when I heard friends or relatives commented this last time when in courtship or as newlyweds, I felt so loved and blissful. But after more than 5 years, it sounds more like a sarcastic remark to me and makes me feel even more pathetic. Haha.. Anyway, like what your nick says, we just have to be hopeful and do whatever we should do and hope for the best ya!

I'll be going for 2nd fresh cycle this month, awaiting for the arrival of my menses these few days. Wishing you all the best in your upcoming cycle! May we have good news to share soon. Jia you! :)
Stay strong & positive dearie. All the best to you. Jia you!

theLloyd. rull said:
@h0peful,just hink we are both very blessed to have I'm marhavuch parents. Both my parents and parents in laws also say the same thing to us, ask us to take it easy and let nature takes its course. Especially when both me and hubby are the eldest and that my 2 younger sisters n hub's younger sister already have their kids. I know there are many parents out there who are not as understanding as ours. So we should be glad that there's no added pressure from them.

Hi babe ... yeah i really cant feel happy whenever friends or relatives announce pregnancy cos is just so hard for ppl like us to conceive la. im married 2.5yrs and no luck since. Been tgt for 7 to 8years and relationship is really dull and needs a baby to spice up .. my parents want me to take it easily and am really blessed to have such parents as compared to relatives who keep asking y dont want to conceive yet .. is not as easy as laying eggs la haha

Hi babe ... yeah i really cant feel happy whenever friends or relatives announce pregnancy cos is just so hard for ppl like us to conceive la. im married 2.5yrs and no luck since. Been tgt for 7 to 8years and relationship is really dull and needs a baby to spice up .. my parents want me to take it easily and am really blessed to have such parents as compared to relatives who keep asking y dont want to conceive yet .. is not as easy as laying eggs la haha
I just passed by 14th anni recently and age not in my favour but not giving up yet. Don't give up. Hope we will all get there one day and carry a bb bump in our tummy. Stay positive. Fighting...jia you jia you!

@h0peful, I understand your feeling. We just have to keep on going and not give up! :)

Monkeyzai dearie. Don't be discouraged. Your DH's swimmers not severe issue so will be effectively dealt with by the sperms treatment before use to fertilize your eggs in the ivf process.

As for your fibroids, they r within your uterus right? Did doc explain the benefits and risks of removal vs remaining as-is, and what is doc's recommendation? I think it will be good to thoroughly consider all info before deciding.

Don't despair, must stay strong and positive k. Take one step at a time. Praying all goes well for u. Jia you!

I would suggest removing the fibroid first. Eggs are precious and you jab Stim drug to push out egg supply but yet not able to retrieve it is a waste. What if those eggs are good quality ones. Also preg with fibroid has risk too. The fibroid will grow with pregnancy and there may be complication. Do surgery to make sure inside is clean for a fresh cycle is better. 3 mths wait is not long. U can take this time to boost your body. Find a reputable fertility dr for such surgery and not just a normal gynae. A fertility dr will know what to clean n will be gentle to your womb.

7...quite disappointed however I know there won't be a lot. Compared to the last time I had, it reduced by half the amount. Hopefully can have at least 1 for ET on Sat. Trying not to think so much...:(
Dearie, try to think positive. You need to stay strong, have faith and root for your eggies and embies. Have a good rest, drink lots of water, continue egg whites, eat healthy, sleep well and prep for ET. Praying all goes well for you. Jia you!

technically, the next month after menses.
@Sparkling_ee, your BT is tomorrow? All the best ya.
My doc also advised to rest one month (current month AF immediately after failed ivf cycle) then do FET for next AF cycle. This allows body to purge out the excess hormones from the fresh cycle and recover to normal. Some ladies may have disrupted cycle immediately after the fresh ivf cycle and may even skip ovulation so to be safe, better to start FET in next AF cycle.

@Sparkling_ee, your BT is tomorrow? All the best ya.
My doc also advised to rest one month (current month AF immediately after failed ivf cycle) then do FET for next AF cycle. This allows body to purge out the excess hormones from the fresh cycle and recover to normal. Some ladies may have disrupted cycle immediately after the fresh ivf cycle and may even skip ovulation so to be safe, better to start FET in next AF cycle.
Hi DawnBB, supposedly tomorrow but I got spotting on 10dp2dt so tested earlier and is bfn. Now thinking of doing a fresh cycle so as to enjoy the subsidy and keep the frozen as future reserves. What do you sisters suggest?

Hi DawnBB, supposedly tomorrow but I got spotting on 10dp2dt so tested earlier and is bfn. Now thinking of doing a fresh cycle so as to enjoy the subsidy and keep the frozen as future reserves. What do you sisters suggest?
Dearie, it's not over yet so do hang on.
How many frosties do you have and assume they are day 2? if not, at which day are they?
There are also several other factors to consider for such a decision including age, your response to stim meds for previous cycles, your health condition and underlying issues etc.
After 2nd icsi, I had only one D2 frosty. After reviewing with doc, taking into consideration doc advice and our conditions, we agreed to keep the frosty and proceed to do 3rd fresh.
Best to also consult doc for his/her recommendation for your consideration before deciding.
Stay positive and don't give up k. *HUGS*

Dearie, it's not over yet so do hang on.
How many frosties do you have and assume they are day 2? if not, at which day are they?
There are also several other factors to consider for such a decision including age, your response to stim meds for previous cycles, your health condition and underlying issues etc.
After 2nd icsi, I had only one D2 frosty. After reviewing with doc, taking into consideration doc advice and our conditions, we agreed to keep the frosty and proceed to do 3rd fresh.
Best to also consult doc for his/her recommendation for your consideration before deciding.
Stay positive and don't give up k. *HUGS*
DawnBB, really appreciate your encouragement. appointment will be next week, I have 1-3 left but hvnt collect the report so not sure how many made it to freeze.

7 i
Sonique2001 said:
7...quite disappointed however I know there won't be a lot. Compared to the last time I had, it reduced by half the amount. Hopefully can have at least 1 for ET on Sat. Trying not to think so much...:(
7 is ok la babe .. more eggs taken out imply higher risk of ohss. My ex coll had 6 taken out. Failed 1st fresh by utilising 2 but bfp with twins on 2nd frozen cycle and the last 2 she foresake cos of her age and since she already has her twins ..dat was 7yrs ago her twins r in p1 !

Hi ladies,

I would like to ask few questions and see if I can get some help here.. basically Ive been having menses problem for many years. I will only get menses cycle after I took medication (yaz). So I was thinking if I even have eggs in the firSt place to consider IVF. How do I start? Do I go through some test and do I go KK or private gynea ?

Last edited:

Don't give up k. *hugs*
Just hope that 1 egg will survive all hurdles. Fertilize and become embryo. Prays**

Is
Hi ladies,

I would like to ask few questions and see if I can get some help here.. basically Ive been having menses problem for many years. I will only get menses cycle after I took medication (yaz). So I was thinking if I even have embryos in the firSt place to consider IVF. How do I start? Do I go through some test and do I go KK or private gynea ?

is that pcos ? If u r considering gov hospi then go polyclinic get referral letter to go gov hospital for further checks. Tell the gynae ur prob and seek further advice. If deem suitable gynae will refer u to some tests and depending on your tests and results give further advice and probably u can touch on topic of ivf with irregular mensus and see what the doc advise u on. Then again if u can have the money to spare and wants shorter waiting time and process then u can choose a priv hospi and seek advice directly. Call up the hospi to check on booking apptment

I am prescribed with NorE. Will start taking on 24-Oct. Prof will be out of town so I will take for an additional week before starting jabs in 2nd or 3rd week of Nov (cannot remember clearly...haha).
Hi, my personal experience and opinion to ur situation :

1) Fibriods may hinder implantation, depending on the position
2) fibroids can continue to grow, so if u succeed in getting pregnant, it may affect the baby.
3) I've seen 4 Ivf doctors and he is the only one whom I have heard that he cannot retrieve from high ovaries. Other doctors tell me no such thing, it's skills problem. Dun let ur eggs go to waste.

Dearie, try to think positive. You need to stay strong, have faith and root for your eggies and embies. Have a good rest, drink lots of water, continue egg whites, eat healthy, sleep well and prep for ET. Praying all goes well for you. Jia you!
Thanks DawnBB I will try to rest these two days. Trying to stay positive. Am really worried if will even have any to transfer on Sat..

7 i

7 is ok la babe .. more eggs taken out imply higher risk of ohss. My ex coll had 6 taken out. Failed 1st fresh by utilising 2 but bfp with twins on 2nd frozen cycle and the last 2 she foresake cos of her age and since she already has her twins ..dat was 7yrs ago her twins r in p1 !
Thanks hopeful! Hopefully can have at least 1 to transfer. Don't want to hope too much.

Back