IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi Maykel,

So you will be seeing Dr on 12 Sep at Private suit? My appointment will be on 10 Sep, 20 days b4 u, now counting everyday.

Hi Fairyrose,

Yes, most IVF will use either Gonal F or Puregon. They are both stimulating drugs, just diff brand by diff company, to get more eggs from yr ovaries. Is a must for IVF protocol.

Hi Fairy,
No worries. I'm not sure of the diff between puregon and gonal. But i know that lucrin is to suppress the hormones and puregon is to induce more follicles to come out.

Hi Feibb,
Yup, seeing dr loh on 12th at TPS. you mean 2 days b4 me is it? heehee.....You oso? initially they gave me appt at D clinic, but b4 that must go scan at level 1 b4 seeing him. I find it very troublesome to go 2 places, so decided to change appt to TPS instead, so he can do the scanning for me in TPS instead.

Hi Maykel,

Heehee, I mean 2 days b4 you! They gave me 13 Sep initially becoz Dr loh fully booked, then i call today to check any earlier date, they gave me 10 Sep.

Hi Feibb,
haha...oic, we'll keep each other updated again then
happy.gif

Hi Maykel,

congrats!!! So happy for you! I know you get a big positive today. Take good care. Me feel like crying again... in joy...

Hi Mala,
your embryos are very good grade leh!! Rest well and eat well.
happy.gif
Enjoy your 2WW, don't worry too much, ok?

Maykel,
Congratulation, you have graduated. Take care of yourself

Hi ladies, the thread is moving so fast nowadays, I may have updated some of the dates wrongly. Please feel free to do the amendments if you spotted any error.

Anyway, I did my ER today and managed to retrieved 13 eggs. the ET will be on sun or monday.

Ladies, JIA YOU!!!!
stage 1
Sri - 25 Aug

Stage 2
Ping - 16 Aug ER 29 Aug
Dimple - 17 Aug ER 26 Aug
Patricia - 21 Aug
Bliss - 23 Aug
Mel Wong - 25 Aug
Kalki - 28 Aug

Stage 3 - 2WW
Cale - ET 14 Aug
Hopefull_BB - ET 15 Aug
Josephine - ET 22 Aug
Mala, Bakaholic - ET 29 Aug
Austere - ET 30 Aug

Graduates
Bebecraze08
Elle
Imel
Feibb
Maykel

Hi Maykel,
1675474.gif
I am really happy for you
1675475.gif
. I know you can make it. Based on the HCG reading, it sounds good, no cause for worry now. Tomorrow will be my turn liao, very nervous.
1675476.gif
real hard that i get a BFP too.Yes, I will try to reach there by 8am. Thanks!

Hi Austere,
You have got a good number of eggs fertilised. It means your egg quality is good. I am sure your embryo will grow nicely and waiting for you. When are you doing your ET? Good luck to you!

Hi kalki,
I thought i had a gastric, somehow today i am feeling better already. Thanks for your tips
happy.gif
. How's your puregon/gonalF injection so har? When is your first scan?

Hi mel,
Thanks for your well wishes. I hope i will bring good news too. Praying hard now.

Hi Bakaholic/Mala,
Congrats to your smooth ET. Welcome to 2WW
happy.gif

Hi Bliss,
Are you with KK too? Tomorrow is your first scanning right? Keep us updated after your scanning ya.

Hi Josephine,
My beta is tomorrow le. Very kan chiong. My work has been keeping me occupied whole day. I dont really have time to think on this until now..hee. Hope it's a good day for me tomorrow.

Hi Lina,
Good luck to you. I am sure you will do better in the coming cycle. Keep up your faith! Are you with KK to do the FET?

Hi Fairyrose,
Sorry for the MIA today, been quite busy at work. Only have time to reply now. Regarding the puregon jabs, yes, it's a must in KK protocol. It's used to stimulate the follicle growth. Understand that some other private hospital are using the gonalF instead of puregon. There are diffent product but serve the same purpose.

Hi Sri,
The story of your cousin is very inspiring. I believe it will give us lots of courage to go through the though IVF journey. Thanks!

Hi Ping,
You got a good number of eggs. May all your eggs fertilised and have a smooth ET
happy.gif
. Thanks for updating the list.

Hi Maykel,
Congratulations.

Hi Mala,
Wow... That is a best grade you have. Congratulations.

Hi cale,
Wow, you working? Why dont extend your HL till your beta test?
Wish you all the best on your beta test.
Have u do urine test? (2 day before beta test)

Hi Cale,
All the best for you tomorrow. You know I got the feeling your beta number will be quite high. I will c you and Maykel at MTB.

Hi Cale,
My scan is on monday so got a lot of time. My puregon is giving me some mood swing(mainly bse my aunt is her with us so have to put up with her)

Hi Maykel,
Congratulations.

Hi Mala,
Glad to hear of ur great ET. Dun stress and enjoy urself during this 2WW.

Hi Maykel,
Congrats to +ve BT! Am sure u will see a very healthy HB 2 wks later!
My stylist did tell me highlight is ok. If insist do colour, then the part near scalp will not be coloured, look weird lor.

Hi Cale,
Best of luck for ur BT tmr.

Hi Ping,
13 eggs is a good number. Hope many many get fertilised.

Hi Cale,
Thanks. Yes, i am with KK to do the FET. Good luck to you on the test.

Hi Ping,
Thanks for updating the list.

Hi Maykel,
Congrats, so happy for you. So encouraging to hear good news.

Hi Lina,
I am still not clear with the etopic, hv to wait till the HCG drop to 0.
Hope i can do FET soon ....
Good luck to all and for those who have graduate ... Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!

hi Ladies,
Thanks for all the listening ears, feel better sharing here, where else can I share? This is really a wonderful place to gain moral support for all of us. And it also makes me stronger when I see all the good results. Hug Hug!

Cale,
I'm better these 2 days, what you say is very right, I'll tell myself hold on to all these and the sweetest moment will come. Waiting for your Positive good news.

Maykel,
Congratulations! I’m so happy for you. You have gone thru a lot. This time it will be a really wonderful gift for you from God, don’t worry so much. Continue to keep us posted and informed after you graduated and move to the other forum.
Btw, where did u go and get ur an tai yao? From KK or from EYS Dr Chong? Can take once positive is it? Till when did you stop the TCM and Accu before your IVF? Are they also done at EYS, Dr Chong?

Mala,
Feel so happy for you too, your eggs are of very Good Grades! We must rejoice at every piece of good news. This will motivate us to move on. Have a Happy 2WW and your next piece of good new will be coming to you.

Congrats Maykel !!!

Hi Mala,
Sorry to scare you... my apologies. I am just updating of what my gynae advised. Maybe he is just being overly cautious. ;)
btw, do you feel more tired after the ET? I am feeling more fatigue than usual.

Hi Ping,
Good luck to your ET next wk.

Josephine,
1 week left to wait right? Have enough Drama to watch or not?

Ping,
Jia you for your ET! Remember to bring extra clothing.

Hi Sri,
Your cousin’s story is very inspiring. Gain more strength today after reading.

Kalki,
You are an expert in food and nutrient. Very slight changes in lifestyle will affect our mood now. Think it is normal. Hang on.

Hi Ping,
I amended the date of my ET...

stage 1
Sri - 25 Aug

Stage 2
Ping - 16 Aug ER 29 Aug
Dimple - 17 Aug ER 26 Aug
Patricia - 21 Aug
Bliss - 23 Aug
Mel Wong - 25 Aug
Kalki - 28 Aug

Stage 3 - 2WW
Cale - ET 14 Aug
Hopefull_BB - ET 15 Aug
Josephine - ET 22 Aug
Bakaholic - 28 Aug
Mala - ET 29 Aug
Austere - ET 30 Aug

Graduates
Bebecraze08
Elle
Imel
Feibb
Maykel

Bakaholic,
My Embroyologist also told me to reduce Soya intake when my E2 BT was high. But I'm not sure at the 2ww stage, is it ok to take so much Soya.
But I read that some of u are taking Ensure bec it will provide higher protein. Soya also have high protein. So wat is wat? Abit confused too.

Anybody to enlighten us?

Hi happyever,
I am not sure if one can take soya during 2ww. My gynae did not say anything about avoiding anything but I just avoid it totally. I took ensure as it is nutritous. Actually, the amount of protein in 1 glass of Ensure is similar to a glass of milk. Just that Ensure is packed with more vitamins/minerals. And it's not cold. I avoided cold drinks at this point too. Kiasi hor? :p

Hi ladies

I woke up in the middle of the night yesterday with a very intense cramp which lasted for about 1 minute. It was like a miscarriage kind of cramp. I had a similar cramp in my last failed ivf but that was like 1 week after the transfer but this time its just 1 day later. I'm so worried. Has anyone experienced such cramps so soon after ET?

Hi Bakaholic

I definitely feel tired but I think in my case it's because I was in bed for so long. How are your cramps? Did your gynae tell you to avoid taking vitamin pills for these 2 weeks? The nurse told me to avoid vitamin pills as they contain preservatives that may not be good for the growth of the embryos which is also what my gynae believes.

Hi Sri

Thanks for your inspiring story and your kind words. My husband's cousin too conceived her boy at her 2nd ivf attmept. He is now 2 but lately we've heard rumours that his father has been beating him constantly to the point where he has bruises. In my prayers, I always tell God that I'll be a good mother if only he gives me a chance.

You hang in there, ok! You will definitely be a mother soon. Take care.

Hi Maykel

I knew yours will be a positive. Congratulations! Just make sure that you don't move around too much. Take care and thanks for your wishes.

Hi fairyrose

Thanks for the encouragement. You continue to persevere and its wonderful that you have stayed off smoking.

Hi Juju78, Imel, Happyever, Josephine

Thanks so much. I just hope that this will work out.

Hi Ping

Congratulations on your good number of eggs. All the best for your ET.

Hi Mala,
I have cramps on & off after ET. Not really intense but aching type. Dun worry too much. Call your gynae if you are concerned about it.
Thanks for the info on the vitamins pills. I never take any vitamins pills. Only folic acid. I believe in taking balanced meal rather than supplements.
Take care ok?

maykel - congrats on that positive blood test!!!

ping - your egg numbers sound great.. am sure that all will be happiliy fertilised..

mala - how are you feeling? rest well.. think positive.. ludicurous as it sounds, is it gas?? i always get colic like cramps.. and i'm sure as hell not able to tell cramps from pain in my intestines.. in my previous pregnancies, i have been running to the doc for this, a million times... or mabbe..
happy.gif
it is our 3 little fellas trying to burrow themselves deep into your lining..

sri - a nice story of never giving up.. i think that in our search of that almost elusive matherhood badge, the tasks that we have to go thru will make us appreciate our **soon-to-be** future more..

yaya - so sorry to hear that.. how is your gynae treating you? methotrexate shot? when did you take the meth shot? what was your last hcg reading? hang in there..

lina - good luck on the frozen transfer..
happy.gif

all - not sure if you girls have surfed to this before.. i have always found this rather interesting.. cos the numbers are actually tabulated and averaged from woman with successful full term preganacies.. i used to find it comforting for me to know how many woman shared my previous numbers...
http://www.betabase.info/showBasicChart.php?type=Single

Good luck to all at whatever stage you are... i have no babydust to sprinkle, but i am conjuring images of tiny pixie-like fairies throwing them at all us us..

update - just had my u/s.. i think my left ovary is super lazy.. not doing any damn work.. could see almost nothing.. my right egg nest seems to be rather happy and hardworking.. could count abt 8-10 funny blobs.. oh well.. need to go back for a scan, this wed.. always hated been prodded like a cow..
sad.gif

Mala

I am really inspired by your courage to go through the IVF process so many times. You will definitely succeed this time round. So stay postive and take good care of yourself.

Hi Cale and Maykel,

Congrats! Have a smooth 9 months...
happy.gif
Too bad I can't join you gals. I did not get to "graduate".

I already know my results on Thursday and it turns out to be -ve. In fact I know it earlier when I do a test and experience discomfort in both my ovaries during 2ww.

Have been drowning in my own sorrow these few days hahahaah but hey life still have to go on and guess I have to try harder next time.

Anyway, all the best and good luck to those who are in the process of the program and congrats to those who have succeeded.

In the meantime, I will rest for these few months before embarking the next IVF program. Have a great weekend gals!

Hi Hopeful

So sorry! But you are so positive. Yes, make sure that you have enough rest before you try again. All the best to you.

Hi Ping

I'm glad you found me inspirational! Ha!Ha! Believe me, if this attempt fails again, and if my husband agrees, I will try again. But I don't think so. I've burnt my Medisave while he has burnt a hole in his pocket because he has been the forking out the balance. Ha!Ha!

Hi Mel

Thanks for your reassurances.Right now, there are no cramps but I just feel so tired. Good luck to you too.

Hi Bakaholic

Thanks. You rest and eat well too!

Hi ladies,

had my scanning this morning at KKH, having 15 eggs so far. Doc said no need for another scan after this, will have my ER on Wed and ET will be on Fri. Hopefully everything will go smoothly.

Didn't sleep well last night, was having cramps at my ovaries for few days already, was worse this morning. Now better again.

Hopeful, don't be disheartened. You are a brave girl. You will be blessed with your own baby sooner or later. Take good care of emotional health too. Jia You!

hi Mala,
dun stress urself, dun over exert can liao. take care
happy.gif

hi Hopeful_bb,
pls take care of urself and recuperate well so dat u can do ivf again soon
happy.gif

Hi Bliss, Josephine, Kalki, Lina, Bakaholic, Debz and Mel,
Thanks you gals so much for the well wishes
happy.gif

Hi Ping,
Thanks for updating the list, all the best for your ET, hope you have many fertilised embies!

Hi Juju,
Thanks, think if really need to, just do highlight, dun wana take the risk of coloring.

Hi Happy,
Thank you
happy.gif
KKH gave me med for 'an tai', it called Dydrogesterone, they gave it to me once beta is positive. I am oso taking from Dr Zhong, so now its a mix of east and west. But see how, i'm thinking of stopping TCM cos like taking a lot of med leh, but hubby keen for me to continue. Mayb next appt then i ask Dr zhong.
I took tcm throughout my procedure until now, she will give different type for different stages of ur IVF. I oni started acu with dr zhong during puregon, but oni did a few sessions cos not comfy with it. But some sisters here did it during their ER and ET oso, cos Dr zhong did say it will helps in blood circulation and thus helps in implantation.

Hi Mala,
Thank you. Dun worry dear, the cramp is normal as your body is still repairing itself after ET. Even until now, i'm still having cramps on and off, but the nurse said that it is normal and that it will last a while. I oso did had intense pain during the 1st week of ER/ET and can't even walk properly, but i assure you that it will get better soon.
I'm not sure how you feeling, but sometimes when i had cramps, it feels like colic pain from gas oso. Then true enough, after i went toilet, i felt better heehee.....you monitor and see if urs is like that oso. Dun think so much and must be positive ok? Most impt is rest more and minimise walking. So you taking pregnyl jab at home?

Hi Hopeful,
Thank you, i am anxiously waiting for Cale's good news too
happy.gif

Sorry to hear abt that.....but can tell tat you are trying hard to be positive. Please dun give up ok? I'm sure you will succeed in your next try, jia you!
happy.gif

Hi Mel,
Thanks for sharing the link, i checked mine, its within the normal range
happy.gif
Dun worry abt which ovary is doing the work, its the end result that is more impt right?
happy.gif
Br positive!

hee... k, i'm ready to share le. i did a hpt test this morn and it's +ve. hopefully, BT and 1st scan will show the same thing too
happy.gif

Hey juju,
Tats great!! Happy for you leh
happy.gif
I'm sure BT would be good oso! Forgot how many embies you put in tat time? Hope beta got high reading like feibb then got high chance for twins or more heehee....

Hi Ladies,
I am tested
board-post.cgi
this morning, my beta is 1445.7. I really happy and excited
board-post.cgi
. Thanks ladies for all the support and encouragement throught the whole journey. I am sure with perserverance, all of us can realised our dream. Keep up the faith. Babydust to all the ladies here. May you get your BFP soon too!
board-post.cgi
board-post.cgi
board-post.cgi
board-post.cgi
board-post.cgi
board-post.cgi

Hi Ladies,
I am tested BFP this morning, my beta is 1445.7. I really happy and excited. Thanks ladies for all the support and encouragement throught the whole journey. I am sure with perserverance, all of us can realised our dream. Keep up the faith. Babydust to all the ladies here. May you get your BFP soon too!

Hi Imel/Maykel/feibb,
I can finally join you at the MTB thread liao
happy.gif
. My next appointment is 17 sep at the TPS, with Dr Loh. I am thinking to change my appt to sat, morning instead. Donno still got slot of not.

Hi Juju,
Congrats to you! Really happy for you. Wow, 3 of us graduated together (Maykel, you and myself
happy.gif
. See you in MTB thread. Keep us updated on your beta result next tues ok
happy.gif

The success rate in this thread seems high. All the other ladies jia you!

Hi Bliss,
Glad to know your good scanning result. My first scanning also have alround 15 follicles ranging from 11 to 17.5. Do you know the size of your follicles?

Hi Mala,
If i remember correctly, think Maykel also having cramps 1 day after the ET. Dun be too worry, it should be fine. Through out the 2WW, i think most of us will experience some cramping be it intense or mild. Just relax and rest well. I am confident you can make it
happy.gif

Hi Hopefulbb,
Hugz..Sorry to hear about that. You sounds very strong and positive. Jia you, you would be able to succeed next cycle. Keep your chin up, i am rooting for you.

Hi Mel,
Thanks for the chart. It's very useful for me to reference my HCG level
happy.gif

Hi Ping,
13 eggs is a good number. Hope your ET progress smoothly
happy.gif
. Good luck!

Hi Josephine,
Yes, i pai seh to extend my HL as i already told them last time when i suppose to back to work. My collegue has been covering my duty and another of my collegue as she is currently on maternity leave.
I start tested on my 11dp2dt. Got a positive, but worry that it's residue from my last pregynl shot. Since then, i tested every morning using the internet HPT strip until my beta
happy.gif

wow Cale!
so high! must be more than 1 li'l one. congrats!

thanks, Maykel! i hope so too! i had 3 embies... hubby so excited now, thinking wat changes to make to our car, etc etc

Hi Juju,
Nurse said the result is good, but she didnt tell me if got chance for multiple le. She said will only know during the scan.

Today is your 15 dpt right? You finally gathered the courage to test. Good for you. You can enjoyment the excitement all the way till your blood test
happy.gif

Hi Juju,
Thanks! I was sleepless yesterday. Think i too nervous on my today's result. May be later will catch a short nap
happy.gif

Cale,
actually i tested 3 days ago, but too faint to believe. then yest tried to test, both test kits got something wrong. then this morning test again, finally see a clearer line
happy.gif
even hubby say the line is too obvious to miss
yes, today is 15dpt... suddenly so fast
hee... go catch up some sleep. now rest is very important

Juju,
Actually you can go down to do your blood test on monday if you want, as it's already your 17 dpt. The usual protocol is do beta on 17 dpt. Donno why they give you one day later.

After you got the final confirmation liao, can go celebrate with your hubby
happy.gif

Cale,
I just know it, yours will be very high. Coz one week before the test you already tested positive. Congratulations and it definitely more than one inside. Have to rest more Cale from now on. Feel excieted to hear more and more good news.

Back