IVF/ICSI Support Group

nicole, nancy
EWCM - egg white cervical mucus. most fertile cervical mucus for sperm to survive in. usually will get that near ovulation. But since now on the jabs, will have a lot of EWCM cause a lot of follicles producing the hormones.

Nancy
can lah.. just do as per normal loh.. if not stress also no good. the nurse told me to medidate daily to encourage egg growth. she say her patients have done it and it works. dunno leh. dunno how to medidate. :p

Pinky
welcome back. thanks for staying around to spur us on. nurse did say maybe need AH if the lab find the coat outside the egg is too thick. Lab will advise us.

Yes i also dun dare ask for the chiam just in case no good, i will be upset. I just pray like u say i doing IVF and pray for healthy baby. When do u know the gender of the babies? All ur family members must be elated!!

pinky
heh heh... i same case as you.. got 5 frozen. no need to think so much. so envious of you. I hope will be my turn soon!!!
happy.gif

ha ha.. i also never ask for chiam, if bad chiam, then chumz!!! :p

Nancy
need to work lah.. cannot stay at home. he earn more but not enough lah. :p

hahahahaha!! I know about retail theraphy.. I love to do that! hehehehe.. But will use my $$ n if not even than use his! hehehe.. Will hide than slowly use once in a while but he notice when its new! hehehehehehe. Clever HB..

EVMC, I had alot of that when I had my injections for PIO! need to use panty liner.. so yucky....

How u pinky?? Nice to know ur back her to cheer us on!!!!!! Lets us know what e gender of the baby is ya when u find out.. Ur tummy big?? got 3 babies inside... I not even preggy I got belly like 3months or 4 months lady.. SIGH! hehehhee

ML, 4 more hrs!!!! YEAH!!

Hallo ladies,

I am back - was at SGH just now for Beta Test then go KKH for breast Infection follow up... Woman - So MAH FA.

Babylow - Nurses at SGH are really nice and the place make me feel very private. But in term of cost, i think KK cheaper. I find SGH covenient for follow up on blood test and scan, u can go very early, they start 8 am everyday except monday.

The centre is open by the assistant there even at 7 plus.... so i go there read newspaper and be the first patient. so dun need to take leave, just step into office slightly later lor.

Dear ladies,

went for a check and scan. Will start BCP on Sat. Dr Cheng drew a timeline chart for me to check when I am doing what. Through the scan, I can see 6 to 7 follicles. He said the medicine will improve the condition and hopefully more eggs after the jabs. Talked to Cindy, she said I can start eating egg whites now, so I started right after. Target? 4-5 a day. No choice, I really want this IVF to succeed.

LFB
U mean u check for follicles before u start BCP? what is a timeline chart? dr cheng did not mentioned anything. Yes cindy said can start eating egg white if not can buy a tin of protein supplement. Think i will taste yucky. anyone tried the protein formula?

Hi ladies,

Just reached home from ER.. My husband hsaid I actually snored during the ER.. so loud somemore.. so embarrassing.. Was informed by hb that there were 14 follicles in total. Dr extracted 12 eggs today. I am just hoping that a good no will be fertilised and will grow good cells.. The nurse said that the date of the ET depends on the fertilisation, I will probably know by tmr .. The earliest ET is Sat and latest next Tues..

Penguin,
I think i wasn't there yet when you were there..You take care..hopefully, we'll meet one day.

lfb,
Were you there today? were you reading the newspapers? Wanted to ask lei, but in the end scared if got the wrong person..

Nancy,
he did a scan for me, showed me my uterus and then pointed out those black spots for me, told me they are follicles. Eh, thought he said follicles leh, cannot be eggs, right? Anyone know what are those if they are not follicles?

As for timeline chart, it actually what will happen from now till pregnacy test. I very blur kind, need to know exactly when and what is happening, so that I can report to bosses regarding work.

lfb,
you are right, they are follicles indeed. the dr measured the size rite? think to see if follicles are growing well. The eggs are in the follicles. During ER, the dr will extract the eggs from the follicles.

ML,

here's an update of my cycle.. Started taking the jabs in April. Am seeing Dr Koh from Raffles Hospital.. but since the embyologist is on leave, hence during the ER and ET at TMC. Thanks for updating for us!

here is my blog....
http://marvliz.wordpress.com/category/ttc/

Here is the updated table
<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Stage</TD><TD>Start Date</TD><TD>Date of ER</TD><TD>Date of ET</TD><TD>End of 2ww</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Doc </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zeena</TD><TD>2WW</TD><TD>Mar</TD><TD>14/04/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>27/04/08</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Budderball</TD><TD>2WW</TD><TD>Mar</TD><TD>16/04/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Approx 30/04/08</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherishball</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cuteangel</TD><TD>ER</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>24/04/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>Dr Koh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jan</TD><TD>ER</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>24/04/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>LFB</TD><TD>BCP</TD><TD>April</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Penguin</TD><TD>Puregon</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>pretyy Lady</TD><TD>Lucrin</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenn</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>Dr Thong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nancy</TD><TD>BCP</TD><TD>April/May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>BabyWee</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>ML</TD><TD>lucrin</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nicole</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Dr Yu Su Ling. </TD></TR><TR><TD>BabyChloe</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>wishababy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Dear cuteangle,
yes, that's me, with my hubby also reading papers, ha ha ha! You were with your hubby and mother, is it? Aiya, I also scared to ask. Then when the nurse asked you whether you are going in for egg extraction, I guess that's you alright.
happy.gif
Well done, you sure have good number of follicles and eggs. All the best. Keep us posted, ok?

ML,
can help me update? My hospital is TMC and my Doc is LC Cheng. Thanks.

lfb,
oh ok. Aiyah, i shuld have just said hi to you.. but really, just now I was quite nervous.. kept thinking of the anaesthetic jab..anyway, it was nice meeting you.. Sure I will keep everyone posted.. When is your next trip there?

Jan,
How was the ER.. we at the same stage on the same day.. how exciting.. keep us posted too, ok?

Dear cuteangle,
ya, I can see your nervousness. It's ok, we say hi here also same same.
happy.gif

My next visit will be when my menses report in May, then I will on the jabs.
Did you take eggwhite when you did your self injection?
Ladies, sorry about being either stupid or forgettful, but for eggwhite consumption, it is only during the self injection or 2WW as well?
Thanks.

ML, read your blog. You are so brave to go through all those mentioned. Salute you!

lfb
all of us are very brave lah...
for the eggwhite, take during the self-injections. If unsure, can always call up the nurses at TFC to check.
happy.gif

Lfb,
About the egg whites, actually, none of the nurses at RH infomed me about that until someone in thread mentioned it .. I think half way thru the jab then i started taking it.. but not many, the most 2 each day until I read that one shuld be taking like 10 per day..I dont know if its too late.. do you know if we should still eat egg whites after ET? I did my self injection on 2nd day of my mense, that is 11 April. Good luck in May and shall pray that all of us in this journey will be sucessful!

ML,
Read your blog too. You really are so courageous having gone through all that..I hope that God will pity women like us who have to go through so much pain, emotionally and physically just to have a baby that we can call our own.. Let's pray that our journeys will be fruitful.

ML,
Since I took that little egg whites, do you think it would have affected the quality of my eggs..

Cuteangel
don't think it will affect lah. As long as got healthy diet can liao. my case is different, i got PCOS. So I have got a lot of folicles growing. that's why need to supplement with more eggwhites if not quality will be affected. Yours should be ok. Hope to hear good news from you soon!
happy.gif

LFB
can't remember how many MSFamily took. Got to continue after ER as the eggwhites will help prevent OHSS. But only need to take for 1-2 more days.

Ml,
thanks for the comforting words.. anyway, what's OHSS? I probably will continue to take egg whites, but like you said 1-2 per day.

Hi all, Ya i was asked to took 10 eggs..... i reduce the no. after ET, only abt 4 -6 per day.

OHSS - Overian Hypersimulation Symptoms (Something along this line)

hi all,

found this info on the net regarding OHSS;
Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS)
If the estrogen level rises excessively and hCG is administered to trigger final maturation of the eggs, the following more serious complications may result:

Excessive fluid retention with fluid in the abdomen and/or chest cavity;
Thrombosis of arteries and/or veins (formation of blood clots) which may lead to stroke, embolus, or potentially fatal complications;
Abnormally enlarged ovaries, which have the possibility of rupturing or twisting (a surgical emergency)
Any of the three problems listed above may require prolonged hospitalization.

LFB
Oh so we actually have follices before any jabs. I didnt know that. Thought follices will only be there when we start jabs. When i went for scan before BCP, dr cheng did not mention follices but said i got 2 cysts.

Cuteangle
U got quite a good no. of eggs. Did ur HB see the first one being extracted? Are u putting 3 embryos back in? Good luck !!!

ML,
Pls change your list under Ah girl to BlesswBB. Previously using Ah girl as nickname.
Currently under Lurcin. Will start puregon jab this fri. I'm with Dr SF Loh.

Pretty lady,
Good to know that you feeling better from the side effect.
Most likely going to try with milo. Never tot of raw or half boiled yet. Will have to try 1st before decide on it.
Think of it, think shd be enuf as the nurse told me can last for 28days. Until tmr we only on Lucrin jab for 21days. So if 1 week of puregon should be just nice. The last time when i was told to buy the medicine i was asked to buy extra set of needles so still using the same needles under 10units of lucrin.
I don hv any problem with bubbles. Think u need to release the air from the needles before extracting the med. Normally, when i see bubbles i try to push it back and extract again.
My menses came last mon, till today still hv some spotting. My menses is normal except for the spotting. Hope will stop by tmr don wan it to affect the eggs.

Babycole,
can check how to get to Dr Tan clinic at clementi? Wat bus to take from Clementi MRT station?

rejoice
I'm having my er most probably end of next week. Will start my puregon jab this fri

hi girls,
done my uterus evacuation yesterday. still bleeding abit and cramps. going to see dr zou on monday and hoping to have my body condition improve and cheong again. will continue to read this blog and give you my best moral support.

cute, good job! wish u a successful ET
happy.gif

BlesswBB,
U can just walk from the MRT station. When u r out from Clementi MRT, turn left &amp; take the escalator, after tat turn right (Dun walk towards the Mac Donalds), and walk straight along the shops (Not sure whether Watsons are all still there)....Then all the way come to a traffic light, cross the road &amp; after 1 blk is Dr Tan's clinic - Blk 433. Hope its not confusing....U make appt already?

Dear Kym,

rest well. I never bothered to eat well, but for this journey, I started to watch my diet. I am seeing Dr Zou on Monday too, in the evening. You?
happy.gif

Budderball
No.. when is ur bloodtest? done already, how's the result?
I've v sharp cramps on and off, sometimes can't "ta Han", went to A&amp;E and was on painkiller... very painful.. really can't describe, doc said normal, maybe i'm allergic to the jab... So "sian" don't knw how long can torlerate.....

hi everyone,
have not posted for a long time, my hubby and i went to see dr loh twice. we will have to do ICSI/IVF. Hubby has got no sperm. he will go through a series of injections for 6-9 mths to produce sperms. dr loh says chances of getting sperm is 90% or more. I think for the sake of baby, i will go and get myself poked....although i kinda dislike needles. can anyone of u recommand a good chinese doc for accupuncture? does it hurt?!

Dear Nicole and MS Family,
Need advice regarding CARE SGH. Does CARE practise long / short protocol?

MS Family,
You mentioned that you started lucrin on day 2 or 3 of your cycle. So when did you start Gonal-F? Did you have another round of menses before your Gonal-F? Or did you have both in the same cycle without another cycle of menses?

Nicole,
If it's long protocol then I will start in May and if it's a short one then I will start in June.

Before lucrin were you on any medications? Like birth control pills?

MS Family,
Did you go for Accup and TCM?

Thank you so much...

Cuteangel
Had my ER yesterday. Only 4 follicles. Now can only pray hard that they can be fertilised. I am so worried now. But DH keep telling me what will be will be. There is nothing that we can do even if we get overly worried now. ET will be on Sat. May God bless me now.....

Jas,
Quite a few of us are with Dr Zou from AMK. You may want to try.

jan
hope all the eggs will fertilised. can understand how u feel. one nurse was telling me one lady only had 2 eggs and she was very disappointed. After ET with 2 precious eggs, she was pregnant with twins. Now happy and healthy kids.... good luck

hi Jan,
tks. Could i have the contact pls? I understand u guys have posted it somewhere in this thread... erm but thread moving too fast

Morning gals!
Good luck to all! Weekend is here!!

Nicole
Enjoy your trip next week!!!

Nancy
babies on the way for all of us!!!
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nick</TD><TD>Stage</TD><TD>Start Date</TD><TD>Date of ER</TD><TD>Date of ET</TD><TD>End of 2ww</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Doc </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zeena</TD><TD>2WW</TD><TD>Mar</TD><TD>14/04/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>27/04/08</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Budderball</TD><TD>2WW</TD><TD>Mar</TD><TD>16/04/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Approx 30/04/08</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah Girl</TD><TD>Lucrin</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherishball</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cuteangel</TD><TD>ER</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>24/04/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>Dr Koh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jan</TD><TD>ER</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>24/04/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>LFB</TD><TD>BCP</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>Penguin</TD><TD>Puregon</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>pretyy Lady</TD><TD>Lucrin</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenn</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>Dr Thong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nancy</TD><TD>BCP</TD><TD>April/May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>BabyWee</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>ML</TD><TD>lucrin</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nicole</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Dr Yu Su Ling. </TD></TR><TR><TD>BabyChloe</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>wishababy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Gals,
check with you. Do you gals experience really bad cramps during AF while on lucrin? I had really bad cramps last night from the stomach area to the womb area.

jas
somw of us see dr zou at amk ave 5. call 64560833. close on wed. open daily 9-9pm. as for acu, we do it twice daily. will be nervous the first few sessions, just be relax and not much pain. like ant bites.....

Hi Jas,
Here you go. 64560833. They are close on Wednesdays. If you are not working, is better for you to go in the weekday afternoon. Weekend and evenings are crowded.

Back