IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi,
Need to ask all u gals some question. Currently on my 2ww. tested -ve on Day 9 (blood test)
But am feeling a little unwell (a bit quesy) starting from Day 8. Some mensus cramp like since Day 7. could these be due to the progesterone cream inserts?

Am in a roller coaster mood now. very sian

Oink
nvm. thanks for the effort. see if we are fated to meet next time.
happy.gif

Pinky
Congrats! Wah!!! triplets!!! Gong xi gong xi!!! Rest well!!!

Nancy
great to hear that you started on your journey!!!

MSFamily
if i'm not wrong, should be singleton. i think if multiples the HCG range should be usually 1000+. But should check with the doc! And congrats once again!

Nicole
good morning!!! yap! monday blues!!!
sad.gif

junior mint
here is the old table

here is the excel file. you can modify and add on to it... I think got a number of newcomers which I don't have the details. :p <center><table border=1><tr><td>
attachment_icon.gif

IVF.xls (21.0 k)</td></tr></table></center>

<table border=1><tr><td> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nick</TD><TD>Stage</TD><TD>Start Date</TD><TD>Date of ER</TD><TD>Date of ET</TD><TD>End of 2ww</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Doc </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zeena</TD><TD>Puregon</TD><TD>Mar</TD><TD>14/04/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Budderball</TD><TD>Puregon</TD><TD>Mar</TD><TD>16/04/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>MSFamily</TD><TD>2ww</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>26/03/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>11/4/2008</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Dr Yu Su Ling. </TD></TR><TR><TD>Noi</TD><TD>2ww</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>27/03/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>12/4/2008</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Prof Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babydust2</TD><TD>2ww</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>9/4/2008</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherishball</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jan</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Penguin</TD><TD>birth control pills</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>pretyy Lady</TD><TD>lucrin</TD><TD>April</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jenn</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>Dr Thong </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nancy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>April/May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>BabyWee</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>ML</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>L C Cheng </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nicole</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Dr Yu Su Ling. </TD></TR><TR><TD>BabyChloe</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>May/June</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>KKIVF</TD><TD>SF Loh </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi cheeky, chua-family and all,
Sorry I havent been here for some time. Went back to work and when i get home just puting feet up and lying down bcs my job has me on my feet and walking for 9-11hrs/day.
My HCG was positive, but am having some pain on the sides and am quite worried. Last time I had an ectopic prenancy, so I am very concerned and a bit paranoid as well. Am praying and fingers crossed that it goes well this time.

Sunshine,
I hope you are on leave for the 2ww. Better rest more on the bed if havin cramps. Testing on D9 may be a bit early, may i suggest retesting around D14. They pains may just be implantation taking place and is so, then 2 days later hcg wont be detectable on urine as yet... Dont give up. HANG in there!! Stay positive and talk to your embbies and give them encouragement.

Rejoice &amp; Angel,
Hi. good luck to you on your journey. I put ice last time, and found it very useful too. Angel, r u planning to do acupuncture? If you havent started, may i suggest doing it in RH itself, level 13, with Dr Jin, bcs they let you go upstairs just before and after the ET (embryo transfer) which is ideal. Most of us cannot do that bcs not possible to travel around on that day. Just a thought.

All the best to all you ladies.

babydust2,
No, am not on leave, am still working. Co not so understanding and trying very hard to hide this from them. Even though most of them are guys but they are very 'kay poh'.

But does implantation take place so late? thot embbies will start implanting D5-D6. Sorry for my ignorance.

Thanks for the encouragement. Like you, am also paranoid after a failed IVF session. I'm keeping my fingers super double cross that miracle will happen.

Hi Oink
Sorry for the late reply. Seems like we may have to change the gathering to another time. The group like getting smaller leh. Thanks for organising.

Me going to KK later. But i am a bit worry now. My menses came on Friday afternoon. By right, i am suppose to start on the second day of my menses, but they ask me to go only now which is almost the 4th day... don't know if they make a mistake... anyone can share. I am on short protocol.

sunshine
i think the latest that implantation can happen is D10-12. D9 might still be too early. Usually the blood test is 17 days after ET.

budderball
ET could range from 3-6 days after ER. it depends on which stage the embies are transfered in.

Hi Jan, from my very limited experience at KKH, i think they count AF arriving in the p.m. the next day, so you Day 1 is Sat. I asked about this before for the long protocol and was told Day 1 is counted as the next day if Af arrives in the afternoon. But you should check with them.

Jenn
wah... your HR very bad leh.. for mine, cannot claim cost if it's fertility or preg related. But HL no issue leh.. as far as i know.. erm.. like that can ask the doc to give you MC instead? MC can claim right and they can't ask you what is the MC for right? just say women problem loh.. cramp or something. But the best is to take at least a week after ER to rest...impt period...

nicole,
yalor, gotta take annual leave, but i don't have so many days leh, also need to save some for emergency. dunno izzi safe not to rest for full 2ww? may be 10 days?

ML,
hmmm... I need to check with gynae, see can they give me MC instead. I wonder if it's HL, what is the description? coz I told HR I'm going for minor surgery relating to my womb, I didn't say it's for ivf, so dunno can or not leh.

Jenn
ya. don't think they will put it down on the HL. Anyway, just check with your gynae lah.. see if she can do anything abt it...

yup, thanks! But just now the HR staff did mention if it's ivf, cannot apply HL. so... I'm afraid if they find out I'll be in trouble.

Jenn
erm... check with your gynae. See if there is any policy in place that states that the doc is obliged to divulge patient information to the patient's company. If the doc is banned by regulation from saying anything to the company, then there is nothing your HR can do to find out what you are taking the HL for... :p

if not at least try to get MC for the first week, then take leave for the second week.

nu ren zhen chum... still have to worry abt HL. frankly speaking, i never check with my HR so i also dunno whether can take or not..erm...

Hi Jenn,
I did not let my co know as well. What I did was talk to the nurse &amp; Dr, telling them that boss not so understanding and you want to keep this very private.
So, ask if they are able to grant you HL with minimal explanation. Mine just mentioned that I went for a minor Op without stating that I went IVF for fertility problem.

hi Jenn, unless ur company is claiming insurance for ur operation, there is no way the hospital or the gynae will divluge the reason behind ur hospitalisation as there is patient confidentiality. I think ur co is abit horrid in their policy especially since govt is encouraging more births (which we are doing and in a more painful manner as well).

the only thing is ur immediate boss -- if i rem correctly u told her it is IVF? U might need to get her to keep quiet to HR though.

babydust - Congrats .... .... I can understand your fear. Me also have pain... here and there sometimes.....

Sunshine - i think tested too early... meantime rest well... If can taking 1 - 2 days leave to rest could be good...

Jenn - maybe can check with the hospital and see what is mentioned on the HL.... once ivf successful and over your 3 mth ML ... then find better employee.... not worth it.

Noi - How are you, have hear from you??

Zeena/Budderball - Jia you... Jia you...

Me going back to office tomorrow already, hope everything will be okay cause work-wise can be very stressful towards month-end.

Budderball - my experience....during the process cant feel much, cause sedated but .... once you woke up from sedation. To me every movement you make is painful from walking, coughing , tossing ... i also got very low threshold for pain
sad.gif

I really eat alot of raw egg white which help me alot on the bloatedness..... at least next 5 days after ER, i was on bed 80-90% of the time...

Budderball
don't worry. ER is not that bad. the whole process is done under sedation. For me, there was slight pain after ER. But take panadol then ok liao.. so don't worry. Everything will be ok!!!
happy.gif
Jia you!!!

Hi ladies,

Can anyone help me here? I need help in sorting out the days. Say my menses arrive on the 24 Apr. I will go for my BCP from 26 Apr onwards. So when will doc implant embryo? If counting by the date I give, can someone help me to calculate also when will my 2ww start? Need to know now cos I have to tell my boss and appply leave. Thanks very much.

MS Family,
Eventhough have not done ER, bloatedness is driving me nut! Sometimes, I will feel breatheless for at times. Afraid that I might suffer from OHSS later.

Thanks, but I already told them I'm going for minor surgery for my womb, so cannot take HL liao. I'll have to take leave lor. I agree this co has poor welfare. Will look for another job after ML. I may take leave 1st then see can take MC after that or not.

Hi Nicole G/ML/Nancy/Others ladies,
Think will try arrange another gathering near to yr end where all the ladies have completed their IVF programe and it will be great and joy if can meet where by all the ladies are pregnant at the same time then will have more topic to talk of ha ha...

Nancy
Yes, I'd started TCM/acupunture with Dr Zou starting last Monday. needs to take 4 packets of chinese powder per day. asked Dr Zou to subscript medicine for my allergy noise, I been sneezing the whole day for many yrs and this could be the reason that why i din make it lor cos my womb was no resting during my 2ww and the embroys can not get implanted. My next FET will be in June but may bring forward to May after regular menses period, scan if my linning wall is suitable and ovulation if normal and will do the transfer provided my embroys is doing well in the thawing if not that the end of my story liao.

lfb
you also under dr cheng.. erm.. you doing FET? If you are unsure of the days, can always call the nurses.

As far as I'm aware of, if for FET, the ET will only occur in the 2nd mth and this is the tentative schedule

1st mth
Day 5- start BCP
Day 18-20 - check up, start lucrin till told to stop

2nd mth
Day 4 onwards - Dr to check, start jabs to prepare wombe
abt 2 weeks - if doc says ok, do ET

Jenn
bo bian then.. aiya.. your company quite shitty leh...

Sunshine - absorb , no blood ??? need to disintergrate it right ???

Budderball - I think i have OHSS thus was feeling really miserable.... but if your is bad, you gynae might order blood protein for you...

Tolerable
happy.gif
dun worried....

MSfamily,
there will be no blood, just that, the body will absorb it naturally. so that there wont be a trace. like for some multiple pregnancy, at an early stage, if a fetous stop developing, the body will slowly absorb and after a few rounds of u/s, u'll see it disappeared. its a nature's way to prevent 'wastage'

chua family 2003,

Hi.. about the jabs.. I had my fourth one this morning.. actually as the days go by, it's not that bad.. but I still shut my eyes though.. Anyway, i don't jab myself. My husband does it for me every morning.. I tried the ice this morning.. really it helps. Don't worry, ok, it's going to be fine.. I tried to breathe in and out too.. hehehe

Hi ML,

ya, I am under Dr Cheng. Thanks for the info. Will ask nurse this weekend during counselling. Wanted to plan work cos need to tell my bosses about all. Think they will be supportive. I just need MCs from Dr Cheng. He issue them for 2WW? Really looking fwd too all. I am so motivated by the ladies here.
happy.gif

LFB
no prob. yap. he will issue up to 17 days of HL leave for the 2ww. Btw, if you are doing a fresh cycle, most prob you will need to take the BCP for a month before you can start the jabs. So which one are you doing? Fresh IVF or FET? seems like you are doing a fresh cycle. But like i said, the best info is from the doc as each individual case is different. Can only tell you in general what might be the expected course of action.
happy.gif

Another thing, for IVF you can't really plan as it depends on a lot of factors like your response to the drugs, number of eggs, quality of the embies, condition of your womb to determine exactly when the ET will be done. So you got to ask the nurses for all this info so that you can have a better idea of the timing and plan accordingly.

Hi all,

I have started the gonal injection for 4 days already.. I don't feel any difference physically besides slightly bloated. Is it normal? Am I supposed to feel somehow different with all the injection? I am just worried that the drugs are not taking any effects on me..

Hi Babydust, Congrats!!

Budderball
ER not tat scary... don't worry... v fast the process will finish, when i woke up, it's done and not painful... only bit sleepy...

Hope my eggs &amp; HB sperm, will meet and have more embroys... now pray hard... we might see each other on wed... ET on wed...

Hi everyone,

I'm also on ivf for 1st cycle in March this yr and with dr cheng at TFC. Have been through the ER and becos of my OHSS condition. Hence, can only do the ET in end May already. I'm now in the cycle of marvelon, guess still have another 10 days of marvelon before I start on lucrin jab.

Really hope that this time will work. ACtually i really envy u gals that seems like u all have the confidence to go on... which I dunno whether still have after all the clomid and iui cycles.

By the way, now i'm seeing dr zou also .... hopefully her acupuncture and chinese herbs helps really.

Does it reflect the more chances with more embryos frozen? Cos i only managed to freeze 8 out of 10 fertilised and out of 50 becos of pcos.
sad.gif
Can anyone advise me?

babydust
Congrats

Noi
Where are u? Hope to hear good news from u soon

Oink
yes take the 4 packets a day for first 1 or 2 rounds then 2 packets a day for the rest of course. If u are doing acu, remember do no shower within 2 hrs. I am starting my jabs early may, so we cheer each other on. take care

ML
when are u seeing dr cheng again? In may?

LFB
u can check with the nurses there to have a better idea with the dates. All depends on each indidivual. The ladies there are very friendly and helpful. Rebecca looks fierce initially but once u start chatting with her, she cant stop haha. dun worry

hi bbdust,

congrats! thanks for your blessings too. getting a little nervous over coming injections. hope i can b strong as all of u here..

cute angel,

are gonal injections the same as lucrin? really hope i will experience minimal effects, just enough to know that my body is responding well..

hi zeena,

all the best to your ER &amp; ET!

Babycole,
Thanks for the info. May i know how many times per week do you go for acupuncture?? And when can i start? I haven't start with Prugeon jab yet.

Cuteangel,
I don't feel any different even after a week of jab. I only feel breathless and body ache sometimes. I'm going to check with Doc this Thurs whether breathless is one of the side effect.

Zeena Wong,
u have make it sound like the ER is so painless. Wow...good luck to you on Wed. God bless you!!

Back