Dr Douglas Ong from Bukit Panjang Plaza

Mum2B, just cut the garlic cross-sectional and use the exposed part to rub on the affected areas.

My MS seems better now when i take small meals. Somehow, i realise that i am starting to hate rice and fried stuff... have been developing a craving for sweet or salty stuff.

my MS is no better even though I eat small meals and take Maxalon. I just puke everytime I visit bathroom. Yesterday I even puke when standing at the bus stop. I also still feel nausea all the time. The maxalon only helps for a few hours. I even tried to eat dry crackers before getting up, but it's no use, i still feel like puking afterwards. what did i do wrong? anybody can help? i feel v lethargic nowadays..
sad.gif

tickebell, can share what is your typical menus everyday?

Mum2B
To supplement your diet, have you start taking milk like Annum? I find drinking a warm cup of it relieving too...n it contains all the important nutrients....

Morning i usually take cheese and 2 pcs of bread and a cup of hot tea (errr ...still cannot break my caffine addiction
sad.gif
though i gave up on coffee ) i realise if i dont drink tea, i feel nausea leh.

tea time i take some crakers bec usually by 10am am hungry again.

afternoon, my appetite is quite good, fish porridge or soupy bee hoon or anything without rice. Can eat 3 pieces of fruit at one go.

in bet, if hungry, will take some crakers.

dinner i cannot eat much. my mother cooks rice so no choice have to eat. normally a small portion only. usually with soup.

after dinner, i will drink some fresh fruit juice. i find that a sweet beverage does help me for my MS. Dont take those with added preservatives or sugar if u can.

terrier,
i haven't drink pregant mum milk, but i still continue drinking my anlene milk. wondering if this is ok/enough? i also take multivits in the morning.

tinklebell,
thanks for your menus. wow, you've got quite a good appetite there. **envy**
in the morning even 1 slice of toasted bread already make me v full. i have to force myself to eat something every time coz i'm still taking met. hey, it's good that your mum cooks for u. i live alone w/ my husband, so must take care of myself. i work freelance and work from home mostly. in some days i just too lazy to buy meal n cooks instant noodle.. hehe.. so bad huh?
i also feel i can take sweet drinks/food better now. btw, do u still taking maxalon? do u find it helpful? i'm also taking it, and at first it helps relieve my ms for a few hours. but nowadays it seems that the effect wears off and can't do much anymore.
yesterday was the worse. i vomit like 7/8 times, most of it in the evening! luckily today it's a lot better. i also don't know why..

hi Mum2B

I'm not sure abt anlene, but those experienced mummies insisted that I should take 2 glasses of pregnant mum milk for bb's sake....

Actually, if your MS is getting worse, you can get a stronger dose of medicine from Dr Ong. That time when he prescribed to me, he mentioned the stronger dose is for mummies with very bad MS.

You must be careful, b'coz vomiting 7 to 8 times consistently is no joke...you'll be quite dehydrated....so if it doesn't get better, then u should get back to the gynae

Hi all mtb,
i'm in my 12th week now but Dr Ong haven't mentioned anything abt DT scan, blood test, triple test etc. Which week did u ladies do the tests?

Hi all!
Just to find out if anyone of you did the 3D scanning already?

Cindy: i did my blood test and triple test in my 15th week.

Hi Cindy

Are you refering to Nuchal (NT) scan? I did it in around 13th week.

For the blood test and triple test, I did it yesterday at 16th week

Thanks littleger...
Oh, so we only do blood/triple test at a later stage. ok, i get it.

Hi terrier,
can u tell me what NT scan comprise of? I only know there's suppose to be a scan to measure baby's neck and think have to do it by end of 1st trimester leh.

Hi Cindy,
Yes, you are right. The NT scan measure a space at the back of bb's neck to predict for probability of down symdrome...

It's is done by the normal machine that Dr Ong has in the clinic...

hey girls,
have you all encounter this before whereby Dr Ong told you the gender of ur baby den later on found out it's a mistake? hehe... I was told mine is a princess when i'm in my 15th week.. but after hearing alot of pple saying gynae oso will make mistake.. i started to worry the possibilities of "see" wrongly...
Btw, when will we do the detailed scan? What does the detailed scan consists of?

Hi littleger,
i have heard that if at a start, it's seen as a boy, it might not be accurate. 'Cos all babies have a protruded part and if gal, it will slowly disappear. But if it's a gal, should be quite accurate.

I've not gone for the detailed scan, but i believe it's a 3D scan that can clearly see the baby's features. Think i'm going for mine during the 4th month.

Cindy,
Hee.. so u know the gender of ur baby already? Is this ur first baby? I'm so excited.. there are so many things to buy for baby girl.. those cute cute stuffs!!

hi ladies,
i'm new here. i've read about Dr.Ong on Her World mags before and i happened to pass by his clinic at BPP on sat.

i'm not preggie, but am wondering how is he for normal pap smear?

Hi littleger,
yah, it's my first baby. nope, no idea abt the gender yet. hopefully will be able to know next month. so u started buying stuffs for your baby gal already? i'll prob go look ard during christmas/new year session.

Hi littleger
I'm @ 17th week now...
happy.gif
Me having a bb boy...

Did you go into the April thread often? I only saw your nick there yesterday...Never realise April mummies finally got one mummy who share the same gynae as me...
happy.gif
So excited....

Cindy,
Oh.. i'm waiting for the xmas sale!! hehee.. baby stuffs ain't cheap.. esp the big items like pram n cot..
So u got any preference on the gender of ur baby? hehee...

terrier,
wow... u r quite close to mi.. and we are choosing the same hosp - Mt A!! hehehe..
i just went in the Apr thread yest... well, errmm.. the people there like kinda "ignore" e msg i posted.. hahaha.. it's ok..
hey, did u just get to know the gender of ur baby on ur last visit? r u excited when Dr Ong told u iz a boy??*grinz*

Hi littleger,
actually i prefer boy 'cos since young, wish to have brothers. But hubby like gals. So in any case, both ok as long as baby is healthy.
happy.gif

Hi littlegel
Don't be upset...Maybe it's b'coz you didn't do a little introduction abt yourself when you join in the thread, that's y the others dunno abt you...

Heehee...u know what? At that time when Dr Ong asked me whether we want to know the gender or not, actually we already can see clearly the little manhood on the monitor liao...So I replied it's a boy rite....Then he's surprised and tot he told me before....hahaha....

Hi Haru
I'm not sure of paps smear charges. Maybe you like to give the clinic a call and check it out?
Tel: 67628066

terrier,

Wow... u so "li hai" can tell the gender from the monitor!! Each time i went for my check up... i only see the shape and size of my baby.. the rest of it i don't know already!! Sometimes i still got to try to figure out what Dr Ong is looking at when he clicks here n there!!?? haha.. he never ask me if i wan to know the gender onot.. He only asked mi, "So you expecting a girl or boy?" den i told him i think i having a boy cos of those symptons i have... den he asked mi issit i'm under pressure for a boy!! haha.. i told him we prefer a girl actually! Den he looked at the monitor and said it's a girl.. quite confident somemore!! But i worried don't know the next appt will turn out to be boy onot!!*faint*
Hey, usually when u are doing the scanning, ur hubby will be sitting at Dr Ong's desk there looking at the monitor or he will stand nearer Dr Ong?

Cindy,

Oh.. ur hubby prefers girl..!! Same as mine.. heh.. most guys i know prefer son... But got to agree that no matter girl or boy, healthy is e most impt thing!

Hi Littlegel

Initially I started with viginal scan, they pull the curtain, my hubby alraedy sit by default at the desk, then Dr Ong would ask him if he want to come over to see the scan....but later on, now abodminal scan, so didn't pull the curtain liao, so my hubby automatically come over to look at the monitor as what Dr ong is seeing. He says the monitor is much clearer that what I'm seeing overhead...

Maybe that's y Dr Ong is confident abt your bb's gender...

terrier,

Oh.. i didn't know the monitor Dr Ong looking at is much clearer than the one we look at! Next time must ask my hubby to go nearer to the monitor... he always sit by the desk... don't dare to stand near Dr Ong... hahah..

btw, can u feel the movement of ur baby already?

haha..littleger, how come ur hubby so scared of Dr Ong?

I think I have felt the movement of my bb already...during the night or in the morning when I was in bed and lying still..

terrier... aiya, i think not he scared.. maybe he "paiseh" to stand so near to him cos our first time he already sit by the desk cos i oso doing the virginal scan.

i can feel certain sensation sometimes.. but i am uncertain if that is the movement of my bb. hee..
hey, how much weight did u gain until now?

aiyo....I gained quite alot mann...until Dr Ong is very worried leh...during my last checkup, I gained 4kg between 3rd and 4th month, n Dr Ong looked at me seriously and posed me this question... "If you gain 1 kg each week, and you still have 24 weeks more to go, how....?"
sad.gif

Are you going to join antenatal class at Mt A?

wahhhh!!! u gained 4kg within a mth??!!
kao_scared.gif

I think u have scared Dr Ong!
lol.gif
Next week i got appt w him... i'm going to ask him if my weight is acceptable now... i'm quite conscious abt putting on weight!! But even though i try not to snack.. i see my weight going up every week!!
Did u eat alot everyday? When is the antenatal class starting? i didn't check out on this...

actually, it is normal that our weight will go up, only significance is how much....

The antenatal class is starting in Jan...if you want, you need to call up fast to check, else believe the vacancies may be taken up

hi all,
long time no write here. I'm 9 weeks now and still feel a lot nauseaus. So bad that I cried at nights and wondering when my body can get back to "normal" again. I miss my healthly appetite, and I got nauseaus for so long I forgot how it feels to be healthy (that is no nausea).
To make matter worse, Dr. Ong found that my baby size is 5 days smaller than he thought before, so he reduce 5 days from my weeks (supposed to be 9wk5days now) and add 5 days to my EDD. Sigh.. even though he said that it's ok becoz it only means that my ovulation (or fetilization) was late, and not becoz my severe vomiting, I still feel lousy. I also lost 3 kg now..
sorry if sound so low, i just thought of venting out here!
happy.gif

littleger,
about the gender of your baby, i can say that u can trust Dr Ong on that! i'm also expecting a girl and i remember i kept asking Dr Ong if my baby's "still a girl?" for many visits subsequent to the one when he could tell it was a girl. And Dr Ong said he'll only tell patients the gender of the baby when he's very sure. And he's confident of himself. So can trust him la
happy.gif

mum2b,
poor thing...sounds like u've got really bad MS. Dun worry, hang on in there n hopefully it'll go away soon since u're entering ur 2nd trimester!

durianlover,
hee... so u prefer a girl too? At least after hearing what you said, i am more rest assured now!
biggrin.gif
Btw, the 3D scanning really can show the features of the bb very clearly?

Hi Mum2b, I feel sorry for you...but don't feel upset....I know u are feeling terrible now...is there anything that you like to do/go/eat? Get your hubby to do with you...give yourself little treats if possible...
I remember when I was in 1st trimester, I was so happy to count the days that gone passed by marking on the calender and knowing that I'm getting nearer to cross over to the 2nd trimester.

hi littleger, yes, hubby can join. In fact, the fees include the hubby's part too.

Hi terrier/littleger/durianlover,
Dr Ong did ask whether we are interested to know the gender of baby during my 13th week. I ask if can really tell now n he said he can search very hard for it.... We didn't say anything after that and he didn't tell us either. hehe, so i was wondering if have to really tell him we want to know then he will let us know.

Littleger,
we did ask Dr Ong wat we can see with the 3D scan and he showed us some of his earlier scans. One is showing the baby's face and the other is his little birdie. yup, can really see the features clearly.

Hi mum2b,
we have all went thru that terrible stage. I remembered telling Dr Ong abt the bad appetite and vomiting n he comment that it's gd! Shows that baby is ok.
Most of us felt betta in 2nd tri. In fact, i think i got used to the nauseous signal that when i feel really well on some days i start to worry whether baby is fine.

Oh btw, when did u ladies start the package?
another thing, i realise tat after starting to take the calcium tablets & multi-vit, my stools turn a bit greenish.. any of u experiencing this?

Hi terrier/littleger/durianlover/cindy,
thanks, I've also been counting the days and wondering what it feels like to be in the 2nd tri. At first Dr. Ong also said that it's good about the nausea thing, but now it gets so bad that he suggested me to go to hospital for a drip if things gets even worse. i hope i don't have to!

Cindy, was your nausea also v. bad on your 1st tri? I used to think why i can't be the preggie who doesn't feel any nausea at all. then my husband said his colleague got nausea so bad that she lost 10 kg when at 1st tri! and she is now doing fine in the 2nd tri.

btw, when did dr ong start to give you calcium tablets or other vits? he hasn't give me any, except the meds for nausea and vit B.
and when do you chose the hospital, and what do you have to do, is it go there and make payment for booking? 1st time, so v. blur here..
for dr.ong, the choice is only mt.e and mt.a right? and mt.e is so ex.

Cindy,
Haha.. u not anxious know the gender of ur bb? YAH! Dr Ong oso told me the same thing when i told him i got no appetite and feel nausea when i was in my 1st trimester! He said "That's good! It means that u are doing normal for your pregnancy!" Now into 2nd trimester, sometimes i will tend to worry abt the little one in my tummy when i feel "normal" or when my tummy doesn't give me the funny sensation. Oh yah, initially after taking those pills, the colour oso change colour and sometimes i even have constipation prob! Cindy, have you take the triple test?

mum2be, so we also by 2nd trimester your MS will improve... don't worry, few more weeks to go only! *jia you* I think Dr Ong haven't prescribe you those pills is becos you still feeling nausea. I rem i told him i vomitted twice during the early stage den he said in tat case he dun give mi those pills. i think it's becos no point eat already den later vomit out again.
You will only need to decide on the hosp when you are nearer to ur delivery date... say ardz 30 weeks or so... I'm taking Mt A for your info cos i've heard alot of "not-so-good" feedback from Mt E and also becos their charges are damn ex! If i'm not wrong, you will only need to settle the hosp bill b4 u discharge from the hosp. Don't worry, DR Ong's nurses will make those necessary arrangement for you...

btw girls, have you all noticed that Dr Ong looked kinda exhausted when you girls go for ur chk up? hahaha.. my hubby even commented that he looks like a panda!! Cos he got dark eye circles!! But he is always that chirpy!

littleger,
thanks for the jia you
happy.gif

haha panda huh? eh i was wondering what happen if on our due date then dr ong have something to attend or fall sick **touch wood**?? who then will be delivering the baby huh?

Hi Mum2b,
my 8-9 weeks was quite bad.. always hungry but dun feel like eating, vomit after every meal. N cos all along i have motion sickness, i feel even worse when i take bus/car. Must carry sour stuffs and plastic bag wif me everywhere i go.
perhaps i didn't really complain to Dr Ong abt it, that's y he didn't mention abt the hospital drip thingy. i got my calcium & multi-vit in my 13th week after i told him the MS is gone. dun worry, Dr Ong will explain the package and hospital thingy to u when r u in 2nd tri.

Hi littleger,
actually my hubby did tell me b4hand that dun ask the gender cos he wan it to be a surprise.. haha
but i quite excited abt it leh...
oh ok, so change colour is normal. i thot y look like those young baby who got scared then it's green colour one.
will be taking the triple test next month during my 17th week.
The difference b/w Mt A and Mt E for normal delivery is not a lot, but if Cesarian then the difference is quite huge. I haven't confirm yet but most likely chosing Mt E. Wat feedback have u heard abt Mt E?

mum2be,
u know few yrs back when my auntie was pregant, she oso went to him and guess wat? On the day of delivery, Dr Ong happened to be on reservist!! Den the bb came out b4 he arrived to the hosp!! so he didn't really delivered the bb.. but he still take care of the rest of the procedure. Hopefully this won't happen to anyone of us!

Cindy,
wahhh... ur hubby not anxious to know huh! hehe.. prefer surprise!
I've heard that Mt E is not delivery friendly.. my frd's frd went there n regretted. Den i got another frd's frd oso went Mt E den got lotsa complaints lor.. As for Mt A, I heard that the environment is better n the nurses are friendly also. If u choose Mt E, must really pray hard the delivery is very smooth, if not the cost will be very high! Cos my frd's frd got complications and she paid a huge sum!

Back