Dr Douglas Ong from Bukit Panjang Plaza

Hi,

thought nobody answer this thread, so neber follow up...

Hi, abc....u aso under him?? Is he good? So is ur first bb huh??
Hi, huahua, yup..i think he is previously from SGH...

he's my cousin's gynae. she has lotsa of praises for him, like he's very patient and is an expert in high-rsk pregnancies etc. if u realise, he gets featured pretty often in the media like her world mag and also in today's The new paper.

Hi blur green,

his clinic is located and bukit panjang plaza.
not sure abt his charges though
but if i am not wrong, he delivers at Mt E and acoording to litebreeze and Mt A

read an article on him at wanbao the other day

Hi, anyone has a personal experience with Dr Douglas Ong? I stay pretty near his clinic and if he's good i don't mind switching gynae....

btw, when he's featured in the papers/magazines, is it for good news or not so good news?

Dear all,

I am under Dr Douglas Ong and I am now 33 weeks.

He is friendly but I have yet to deliver so not sure abt delivery.

His charges is quite reasonable lah...his package is $1500 but pay in 2 instalment....and of cos that does not include medicine and other tests and also the hosp. charges.

I prefer the nurses at Bukit Panjang then those at Mt E.

Think your can consider him.

Btw i seldom login to SB, so i might take some time to reply ur..
happy.gif

Thanks GL
can share with me, whats in his package then. Is his package considered exp/

hi blur green,
not confirmed, might be.i still cannot decide , how abt u? u preggie?habe u decided? urgg

Hi GIRL, good to know you're with Dr Ong. I went for a visit with him last week and i'm rather pleased with the way he explains things to me & hubby. He's very detailed & yup, friendly.

Bookworm, I think i'll like to switch to him as my gynae. He opens his Bt Panjang clinic at nights so that makes visiting him so much more convenient.
happy.gif

I delivered under him. So far so good. Charges reasonable. Sometimes a little too frank, but I guess this is more good than bad.

Pup Pup,

I'm now 39 weeks and have been under Dr Ong since 1st trimester. Personally think he's a good gynae and a very careful one. To me i appreciate his sensitivity to our fears / concerns and he's never taken my symptoms lightly. He'll rather err on the side of caution than risk any complication to me or baby. That's impt to me.

For his stiches, i not sure how good they are (which is jugdemental isn't it...how to define a good stitch??) Anyway, discussed this with him and he told me his practice is not to cut (i.e episotomy) unless absolutely necessary.

Hi,

I would like to know if Dr Ong only carry out scanning thru the vagina. As I went for my first checkup and was quite surprise that his scanning is not thru the abdominal area.
And it really hurts.

Hi Taurus,

Dr Ong usually scans for me through the abdominal area. Maybe you went there at early pregnancy so he use vagina scan. Otherwise all the other scans are external

Hi Gals,

Do you do detail scan at his clinic or have to go down to hospital to do it? Heard from my sis that some gynae dun have such facilities so have to go down to hospital to do it.

hi taurus
detail scan and glucose tolerance test is done at his Mt E clinic. juz did both of it last 2 mths at Mt E, parkg is super inconvenient & expensive

Hi Shekinah,

Read from your post that Dr Ong does not perform routine episotomy, do you have an episotomy when you deliver your baby?

Hi Pinkcitron,

So what do you think of his package? They will go thru the package details with me the next visit. But the nurse told me the package starts from the 4th month and only include consultation and scanning.

How much did you pay for the package?

package shd start fr week 14. The packages cost either $1500 or $1800. if u take the $1800 package, it'll be at Mt E and the scans will be done usign the 3D machine, hence the dif in price. for $1500, only the detailed scan in your 5th mth at Mt E will be done using the 3D machine.

Hi Taurus

as wat pup_pup said. there r 2 packages.
These packages include his delivery charges at hospital & 1 consultation aft delivery.
all other medication & tests r not included, seem to be a normal charge as wat other gynae is charging. Unless u wanna do col scan all e way, then u can choose e 1800 package. i didnt really chk other gynae as i was comfortable w him and stay in bt panjang so it's convenient for myself n i can consult in e evening, dont hv to take leave.

Hi Connie,

Yes, i had a episotomy done but it was because baby couldn't come out. It was out of necessity. But Dr Ong did a good job on the stiching and it healed very well. In fact, by the 5th day, there was hardly any pain left.

hi,
im thinking of doing a pre-preg assesment wif dr douglas ong, anyone noe wat's his charges like? can someone gif me his clinic no. at bt panjang plaza? thks

hi! i was recommended to go to Dr Douglas Ong and have just taken up a maternity package at BBP. The no. to call at his BBP clinic is 6762 8066...

hi pekochan...the package starts from the 14th week...i think most other clinic starts the package from the 16th week...$1.5K for normal pregnancy...includes scheduled consultation, ultrasound scan, 1 3D scan at Mt E, normal delivery (excludes hospital, paediatrician and anesthetist [if required] fees) and 1 visit after delivery...and excludes medication and other tests...he charges $1.8k if you want unlimited 3D scans...

actually i feel that his price is a bit steep...but my HB said it is ok if we are comfortable with him and we like his service...moreover it is convenient for us as we are staying nearby...

btw...he only operates at his BBP clinic on certain days...7-9.30pm on mon, tue, wed and fri...2-4pm on tue and wed...the rest of the time he should be at his Mt E clinic...

hi oinkoink,
u were recommended by someone who had her baby delivered by him? btw hw months are you now? im planning for one now so im just starting to look ard for a gyne. im staying nearby too. so he only deliver at mt e? how do u find him, so far all comments are good.

hi pekochan...dr ong was recommended by my gp...i have also visited other gynae before and after comparison...finally decided on him...actually i 'know' him before going to him...he was featured in her world mag..not sure if he still...also read before about the 3D scan that he uses...

this is my 1st and into my 15 wks...he delivers at both mt e and mt a...his clinic only at mt e and bbp...

both my husband and i are very comfortable with him...he is rather soft spoken and always try to put you at ease esp if you are nervous...sometimes i just wondered where he got the patience in explaining details to me when he has a long queue of mtb waiting to see him...he is always very calm...he shares the joy of seeing the baby moving or making funny action like waving...he will smile or laugh a little together with my husband and I...

Good luck to you!

hi oinkoink,
congrats to u
happy.gif

i saw him in her world mag too. i thot of going for a pre-pregnancy assessment but im wondering hw much he's charging. do u think i can call up and enquire?

Hi pekochan,
I've seen him in his bpp clinic. I am not too sure on the exact amt, but I paid $80 for 1st time consultation and $50 for scan. Subsequent consultations are ard $50. You can double confirm with the nurses.

Good luck to you!
happy.gif

hi pekochan...i am not sure of the charges for doing pre-preg assessment...it would be a good idea to check with his assistant...if his bbp clinic is closed...try calling his mt e clinic at 6733 8880...i have been there and one of the assistant named Constance is very helpful...pls double check if the charges at mt e and bbp clinic is the same if you choose to visit dr ong at mt e..ok?

hi oinkoink,
really thank you so much for providing all the info
happy.gif

so ur due date is end of the yr izzit? u must be looking fwd to the day. feeling excited and nervous rite? hv u noe the gender of the baby oredi? u like girl or boy? i prefer girl cos can dress them up pretty pretty....
happy.gif

hi oinkoink n yasmin,
r u all gog to deliver your bb at mt A or mt E? do u all noe abt the hospital chrges?

hi peokchan...no problem...i am happy to share things...esp if i personally feel is a good gynae...my bb due date is jan 2006...nervous and excited? ya cos not sure of a lot of things and every month there is something new to expect!!!...think gender can only be determined from the 20th week...ya...girl can da ban pretty pretty...but boy i also like..best is to have one girl and one boy eventually ;)...
dr ong will brief you on the different hospital charges and other charges involved at both hospitals...actually the hospital charges at mt e is only about $200-$300 more expensive than that at mt a for a normal delivery...but if you last min required emergency caesarean the price difference is more than $1K!...you never know what you might need...so i decided on mt a...anyway mt a is also nearer than mt e for me...so have you checked out the dr ong's charges for pre-preg assessment?

hi oinkoink, i'm also due in jan 06. will be visiting dr ong tonight. hopefully can find out sex of the BB, some MTBs already know in the Jan 2006 thread. i'm taking mt a too. my edd's on 20 jan, yours? will u be taking mt a's antenatal classes?

hi oinkoink,

it's really great to hear fr u
happy.gif

i've not check out the charges for pre-preg assessment yet, will find out tmr.

yes, i tink one girl and one boy is the best. however, most important the bb is healthy, girl or boy doesn't matter
happy.gif
did u read up any pregnancy n bb books? i think those really help.

did u take long to conceive? or very fast strike liao? any secrets to share
happy.gif

hi pup_pup, congrats to you
happy.gif

Back